You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Return of the Jac

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    FA Cup Couldn't care less now. Used to one of the highlights of the season listening to the 3rd round draw on the wireless at 12.30 on a Monday
    Posted by Jac35
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac:
    Without a doubt the best cup competition in world football. I love the FA Cup just as much now as I've ever done. Waiting for the 4th round draw is one of the highlights of the season for me.
    Posted by Jac35

Hi Jekyll & Hyde Dad :)
  • edited January 2017
    I was really excited about the FA Cup for most of the day.

Lost its shine somehow.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : In Response to  Re: Return of the Jac : Hi Jekyll & Hyde Dad :)
    Posted by samantha25
    That's nearly as bad as your "setting a president"
  • edited January 2017
    Got blown out for pub last night and so played again. Was a struggle but ended up in small profit.
    Good news is that I've won 3 out of 5 sessions this year.
    Bad news is that I'm £400 down :)

Hopefully I'll save money tonight by going to the pub and having 5 pints.

Played golf this morning. Played well and went round in 77. That's a bit more like it.
  • edited January 2017
    Bump
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Dirty
  • edited January 2017
    Something leeds me to believe you didn't get the best start to the weekend. Mine has turned into quite a bright one. 
  • edited January 2017
    Live poker is bloody tough

Just played a hand.
    Utg limps for 400 and I raise to 1300 with AQ on button. Bb calls and so does utg

Both check on K 6 2 flop

I bet 1550 and sb raises to 4000 and utg goes all in for 21k

I fold

Utg wins with K6

I can't help myself and mention his limp and call oop with K6

His reasoning 
    "Have you not seen the last 3 flops? There's been a King on every one of them"

Help
  • edited January 2017
    Live poker is bloody tough Just played a hand. Utg limps for 400 and I raise to 1300 with AQ on button. Bb calls and so does utg Both check on K 6 2 flop I bet 1550 and sb raises to 4000 and utg goes all in for 21k I fold Utg wins with K6 I can't help myself and mention his limp and call oop with K6 His reasoning  "Have you not seen the last 3 flops? There's been a King on every one of them" Help
    Posted by Jac35
     love this......and Good Luck
  • edited January 2017
    Live poker is bloody tough Just played a hand. Utg limps for 400 and I raise to 1300 with AQ on button. Bb calls and so does utg Both check on K 6 2 flop I bet 1550 and sb raises to 4000 and utg goes all in for 21k I fold Utg wins with K6 I can't help myself and mention his limp and call oop with K6 His reasoning  "Have you not seen the last 3 flops? There's been a King on every one of them" Help
    Posted by Jac35
    Sometimes players are at a different level. This guys psychic abilities obviously did not factor into your play. Can't fault him really, he has let you build a pot pre when he is holding the monster K6 and then check raises all in and gets called. Top poker!
  • edited January 2017
    K6 man bust me from comp which was no surprise :)

Played a bit of cash. Won a flip early on for £220 which was nice. 
    Nothing much after that. Made about £40 on night after comp buy in and beer so that's ok.

Was in a bit of a huff after one hand.
    Angleshooter who i have previous with raises to £10 and there's 3 calls. I look down at KK on the button. I have a good think and then pick up £53. First chip drops on table a split second before the rest.
    "String bet!"

My intention was quite clear and I don't generally pick up £53 to flat a £10 raise but rules is rules i spose and I did make a
    mistake.
    I have to accept it and after I've folded on the A high flop I decided it was time to go. Had had beer and it was 2am.
    Looked pretty sulky but never mind 
  • edited January 2017
    Wiiii
    Finally got there. Was within £14 a while back and then didn't run so good

15148 dyms 
    Avg profit 66p
    Avg roi 7.3%
    Profit £10,017

So just over 5 years and just over 15k games. Happy though. Chuck in the rakeback as well and that's an ok amount.

Good job the dyms are going ok. Mtts have been shocking this year so far. Playing very very badly in them.

On for my 3rd overall losing month since I started on Sky actually. Normally if online is going badly then live seems to save me and vice versa. Not so far in January. £250 down live and £2.01 down online for month to date. 
    Need to buck my ideas up

• edited January 2017
    WP Nice set of results. I might have to listen to your advice a bit more now ;-)

• edited January 2017
    The other night at Derby I was chatting to a lad I know.
    Alan had been playing at Dtd the night before.
    They have a cash game promotion there.
    He made a royal flush which won him £1000.
    He then got to have a go on a wheel of fortune kind of thing. You need to spin an ace. He did! This netted him £10k in total.
    Really happy for him. Nice guy and just a regular player like me. It made me smile when he bust after losing a bit unluckily that he started chuntering about his luck :)
  • edited January 2017
    Wiiii Finally got there. Was within £14 a while back and then didn't run so good 15148 dyms  Avg profit 66p Avg roi 7.3% Profit £10,017 So just over 5 years and just over 15k games. Happy though. Chuck in the rakeback as well and that's an ok amount. Good job the dyms are going ok. Mtts have been shocking this year so far. Playing very very badly in them. On for my 3rd overall losing month since I started on Sky actually. Normally if online is going badly then live seems to save me and vice versa. Not so far in January. £250 down live and £2.01 down online for month to date.  Need to buck my ideas up
    Posted by Jac35
    Wow, amazing numbers, very well done Paul.

That excludes Rewards Payments etc, so the real profit must be many thousands higher, I assume.

Excellent, these are numbers most of us can only dream of.
  • edited January 2017
    Very well done Paul, really great to see good guys doing well.
    Did you fold AK much over the years ? ;)
  • edited January 2017
    Harry came up to me on Monday morning when I was feeling pretty miserable with a hangover.
    "I love you and I missed you last night" and then gave me a cuddle.

That made everything all right with the world.

The shine was taken off slightly when he said very similar to his Mother, My Mum and also his pre school teacher, later in the day.

Week off work and I've actually done stuff. I'm way too lazy normally.
    I'm up to date for the first time in god knows how long with all the the things I've needed to do.
    Feels good
    Poker has improved slightly this week.
    Did a 1k points night on Tuesday and recorded a small profit and last night i did drunk poker after the pub for a few games and ran well.
    Not much traffic at 1am so I played a couple of £5.50s. Tikay may have a point now about shoving that hand he put up.
    In 3 of the games I shoved over limpers with AK twice and AQ (blinds were 100/200)
    Got snapped by QJ A2 and 96!
    Probs wouldn't happen a little higher but it was interesting.

Just noticed that in 2015 I was the 13th best dym player in the world at games between $15 and $36 (Hi Lambert) :)

Think I'll be playing tonight. Loving the double points and hope they stay. It's nice to be able to cruise to Priority 

• edited January 2017
    Harry came up to me on Monday morning when I was feeling pretty miserable with a hangover. "I love you and I missed you last night" and then gave me a cuddle. That made everything all right with the world. The shine was taken off slightly when he said very similar to his Mother, My Mum and also his pre school teacher, later in the day. .. Week off work and I've actually done stuff. I'm way too lazy normally. I'm up to date for the first time in god knows how long with all the the things I've needed to do. Feels good .. Poker has improved slightly this week. Did a 1k points night on Tuesday and recorded a small profit and last night i did drunk poker after the pub for a few games and ran well. Not much traffic at 1am so I played a couple of £5.50s. Tikay may have a point now about shoving that hand he put up. In 3 of the games I shoved over limpers with AK twice and AQ (blinds were 100/200) Got snapped by QJ A2 and 96! Probs wouldn't happen a little higher but it was interesting. .. Just noticed that in 2015 I was the 13th best dym player in the world at games between $15 and $36 (Hi Lambert) :) Think I'll be playing tonight. Loving the double points and hope they stay. It's nice to be able to cruise.
    Posted by Jac35

FYP
  • edited January 2017
    Had one of those frustrating nights last night.
    Played a couple of mtts and managed to bust the 9.30 1st hand. Made a bad call in the £3bh rebuy to bust. Mtts have been awful this year so far. Feel like I should just drop them altogether for the time being but the head says to just keep going as long term my results say I should.
    Also what a huge difference just one Mtt bink  can make to a months results.

At Dyms I played a few and got over the 2k points for the week mark. It's funny how often this happens. You play all night and then your last game decides if you're in profit or not. Last game was a £22. Needed a win to be a fiver up. 
    The bubble lasted ages. Reflex shoved the button for 1800 at 300/600 and I had AJ. Seems a straightforward call? It does. But I knew the bb would call. Bb and reflex were playing same stacks near enough. Wiiiiiii bb calls. Buggerrr, they both have K9 and chop. I woukd have won obv
    Next hand I get AJ again and shove. Snapped by K3 and the A on river gives K3 a 4flush :)

Fine margins

I've got close to even for the month now. Without rakeback I'd be comfortably losing so it's not the start I wanted. Still time to turn it around
    Off to match today. It means I miss Jovons birthday party but I'll cope
    Meant to golf tomorrow but think I'll probs chicken out. It's gonna be cold
    Probs pub tonight and then it's back to work for a holiday next week

Have a good weekend all

• edited January 2017
    Anyone ever heard of Robin Friday?
    Looked to be quite a character 
  • edited January 2017
    Anyone ever heard of Robin Friday? Looked to be quite a character 
    Posted by Jac35
    I used to know of a guy called Robin Monday, maybe he changed his name?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : I used to know of a guy called Robin Monday, maybe he changed his name?
    Posted by Enut
    And were his notes carried over? ;-)

• edited January 2017
    An excellent journalist wrote a piece for the local player today. It was about a hero of mine, Tommy Powell. 
    He wasn't just my hero, he was everyone in Derbys hero. I doubt very much that any one here will have heard of him. He played for Derby with great distinction just after the war. Some of you may have heard of his son, Steve Powell. Brian Clough gave him his debut ages 16 against Liverpool.

On my 10th birthday I was selected to play for Derby Boys in forthcoming tournament in Germany.
    We had a Derby County coach as a teacher at our school and half the Derby Boys team was made up of lads who played for Mickleover Primary School and Mickleover Athletic.

All these lads except me moved on the next season to join Littleover Dazzlers and we were left with no team. My Dad was asked to take charge and i was tasked with just finding enough lads from school who fancied a game of football. We lost our first friendly 9-0.

We got better though and during the season we drew twice with the team who had beaten us 9-0 in that friendly. We ended up halfway.

The season ended and my Dad was approached by the club secretary. He was told that the lads who had joined Dazzlers were coming back and Tommy Powell was going to be manager. 

How could he argue?
    He was disappointed because he loved managing us but he was more sad for the lads who would now no longer get a game on a Sunday morning.

By this time I had been dropped from Derby Boys. I didn't fit in. I was too small, I didn't get stuck in, I was slow and I couldn't hear it. Other than that, i was awesome!
    What I could do was pass the ball and I was very good at that. I could beat people and I scored a lot of goals.

Not good enough for Derby Boys. We had hour long training sessions and the first 30 minutes was spent trying to kick the Ball against the top 2 bricks at the far end of the gym. A bit like taking a goal kick.
    "Corner flag" was all I used to hear from the manager when I got the ball in the Centre Circle.
    I wonder where English football has gone wrong over the years!

Tommy became our manager and it was wonderful. All he ever want was to do was pass the ball. He was like Pep, although we had a decent keeper!

I used to get stick, a lot, of the other players Dads for not kicking people and not winning headers.
    Tommy was too much of a gentleman to say anything to them but he used to catch me quietly sometimes and tell me not to listen to them and that I was the first name on his team sheet each week. 
    That meant the world to me. He gave me Player of the Year that first season and I was so proud. His decision didn't quite get booed although it was uncomfortably quiet :)

I doubt that there are many footballers who still live on the same estate that they grew up in, or get the bus to the home games. Or get a job with the local paper after they retire.

Tommy Powell was a hero to many in Derby.
  • edited January 2017
    An excellent journalist wrote a piece for the local player today. It was about a hero of mine, Tommy Powell.  He wasn't just my hero, he was everyone in Derbys hero. I doubt very much that any one here will have heard of him. He played for Derby with great distinction just after the war. Some of you may have heard of his son, Steve Powell. Brian Clough gave him his debut ages 16 against Liverpool. On my 10th birthday I was selected to play for Derby Boys in forthcoming tournament in Germany. We had a Derby County coach as a teacher at our school and half the Derby Boys team was made up of lads who played for Mickleover Primary School and Mickleover Athletic. All these lads except me moved on the next season to join Littleover Dazzlers and we were left with no team. My Dad was asked to take charge and i was tasked with just finding enough lads from school who fancied a game of football. We lost our first friendly 9-0. We got better though and during the season we drew twice with the team who had beaten us 9-0 in that friendly. We ended up halfway. The season ended and my Dad was approached by the club secretary. He was told that the lads who had joined Dazzlers were coming back and Tommy Powell was going to be manager.  How could he argue? He was disappointed because he loved managing us but he was more sad for the lads who would now no longer get a game on a Sunday morning. By this time I had been dropped from Derby Boys. I didn't fit in. I was too small, I didn't get stuck in, I was slow and I couldn't hear it. Other than that, i was awesome! What I could do was pass the ball and I was very good at that. I could beat people and I scored a lot of goals. Not good enough for Derby Boys. We had hour long training sessions and the first 30 minutes was spent trying to kick the Ball against the top 2 bricks at the far end of the gym. A bit like taking a goal kick. "Corner flag" was all I used to hear from the manager when I got the ball in the Centre Circle. I wonder where English football has gone wrong over the years! Tommy became our manager and it was wonderful. All he ever want was to do was pass the ball. He was like Pep, although we had a decent keeper! I used to get stick, a lot, of the other players Dads for not kicking people and not winning headers. Tommy was too much of a gentleman to say anything to them but he used to catch me quietly sometimes and tell me not to listen to them and that I was the first name on his team sheet each week.  That meant the world to me. He gave me Player of the Year that first season and I was so proud. His decision didn't quite get booed although it was uncomfortably quiet :) ..... I doubt that there are many footballers who still live on the same estate that they grew up in, or get the bus to the home games. Or get a job with the local paper after they retire. Tommy Powell was a hero to many in Derby.
    Posted by Jac35
    Great story jac, you big softy.
    This story would make a good, TV drama.

• edited January 2017
    An excellent journalist wrote a piece for the local player today. It was about a hero of mine, Tommy Powell.  He wasn't just my hero, he was everyone in Derbys hero. I doubt very much that any one here will have heard of him. He played for Derby with great distinction just after the war. Some of you may have heard of his son, Steve Powell. Brian Clough gave him his debut ages 16 against Liverpool. On my 10th birthday I was selected to play for Derby Boys in forthcoming tournament in Germany. We had a Derby County coach as a teacher at our school and half the Derby Boys team was made up of lads who played for Mickleover Primary School and Mickleover Athletic. All these lads except me moved on the next season to join Littleover Dazzlers and we were left with no team. My Dad was asked to take charge and i was tasked with just finding enough lads from school who fancied a game of football. We lost our first friendly 9-0. We got better though and during the season we drew twice with the team who had beaten us 9-0 in that friendly. We ended up halfway. The season ended and my Dad was approached by the club secretary. He was told that the lads who had joined Dazzlers were coming back and Tommy Powell was going to be manager.  How could he argue? He was disappointed because he loved managing us but he was more sad for the lads who would now no longer get a game on a Sunday morning. By this time I had been dropped from Derby Boys. I didn't fit in. I was too small, I didn't get stuck in, I was slow and I couldn't hear it. Other than that, i was awesome! What I could do was pass the ball and I was very good at that. I could beat people and I scored a lot of goals. Not good enough for Derby Boys. We had hour long training sessions and the first 30 minutes was spent trying to kick the Ball against the top 2 bricks at the far end of the gym. A bit like taking a goal kick. "Corner flag" was all I used to hear from the manager when I got the ball in the Centre Circle. I wonder where English football has gone wrong over the years! Tommy became our manager and it was wonderful. All he ever want was to do was pass the ball. He was like Pep, although we had a decent keeper! I used to get stick, a lot, of the other players Dads for not kicking people and not winning headers. Tommy was too much of a gentleman to say anything to them but he used to catch me quietly sometimes and tell me not to listen to them and that I was the first name on his team sheet each week.  That meant the world to me. He gave me Player of the Year that first season and I was so proud. His decision didn't quite get booed although it was uncomfortably quiet :) ..... I doubt that there are many footballers who still live on the same estate that they grew up in, or get the bus to the home games. Or get a job with the local paper after they retire. Tommy Powell was a hero to many in Derby.
    Posted by Jac35

TLDR   ;-) Nice story.
  • edited January 2017

Lovely story, thank you.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Return of the Jac : Great story jac, you big softy. This story would make a good, TV drama.
    Posted by ajmilton

Is Jonny Vegas available to play the young grumpy protagonist?
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by Jac35
    Great post
  • edited January 2017
    Tommy Powell seems quite the gentleman. Robin Friday seems quite the character too! I wonder if the Mark Lawrenson story is true.

Our club legend was Sir Tom Finney, had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times as did my sons, what a gent, always had time for people as did Tommy Powell.

I always thought if I was casting someone for Jac's life story it would be Jack Dee.
  • edited January 2017
    Thank goodness for rakeback.
    I'm just about breakeven for the month now but that's all down to rakeback. It's been a struggle. With priority all but secured now I've slowed down a bit.
    Last night whilst the big time players who make multiple final tables each night (Hi Tom) were crushing again, I was booking the win of £3.14 plus £1.20 in rewards.

Mtts continue to be toss. Bubbled again last night. Think I've bubbled 4 mtts this month and I've probs only played 20 mtts.
    Fun stuff keeps happening. After a raise and 3 calls I 3bet out of the bb pretty large with AK. Only caller was the sb. I cbet/got it in and was a little surprised to see the Q5 off. His favourite hand apparently. I can see why, it won.
    At the QMC right now for a routine appointment for Penny. It's bloody cold today. Hospital parking, grrrr.
    Derby on BBC tomorrow. Oh joy. People seem to think we have a chance. I think we'll get battered.