You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?)

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
I'd be up for this, imagine being able to brag that you have been able to take the bounty of some of the top PLO8 players in the land, or Tikay of course.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I know BH's are popular here so wondered why there are no PLO8 BH's. Not sure if software issues are blocking this?

Mentioned this last week to a couple of ploppers who said they would be more than willing to play a £11 nightly PLO8 BH or something similar.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H?:
    I know BH's are popular here so wondered why there are no PLO8 BH's. Not sure if software issues are blocking this? Mentioned this last week to a couple of ploppers who said they would be more than will to play a £11 nightly PLO8 BH or something similar.
    Posted by markycash
    the 5.5 PL08 T only just gets its required entrants, who is going to play an £11?

I would and think that on the busiest PL08 night (thurs) we should but not as part of the league-maybe with a £50 GT

As for the BH-why? BH stimulate action, PL08 doesn't need it.
  • edited January 2017
    I could stick one in at 9.15pm and see how it does. £100 gtee to be safe.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H?:
    Posted by Sky__James

now that's what I call a quick response
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? : the 5.5 PL08 T only just gets its required entrants, who is going to play an £11? I would and think that on the busiest PL08 night (thurs) we should but not as part of the league-maybe with a £50 GT As for the BH-why? BH stimulate action, PL08 doesn't need it.
    Posted by suzy666
    I know Sky doesn't have the numbers of other sites but the BH or KO OH8 tourneys are massively popular on other sites. In fact I think they may even attract higher numbers than the regular format so there is undeniably an appetite for them. I would also have thought that PLO8 and PLO for that matter attract players who prefer a bit of action and a game they can play a few more pots in, I would imagine many in this demographic would therefore like an added 'action' element.

Even if it only attracted a dozen players or so, it could be a nice starting point to attract a few more players to the game. I mean the £11 DYM SNG OH8 games fill up reasonably well, all things considered. Doesn't seem a big stretch to get a dozen or so in for a little BH game.
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by Sky__James
    Excellent James! Thanks, I will get registering for starters :)
  • edited January 2017
    James please post the details and will get it out on the other forums on facebook to see if can drag some new faces to Sky Poker. I know a lot of people like Omaha and PLO8 so this might be the fish to dangle to bring them in.
  • edited January 2017
    Even less folds than usual then.....6899 rainbow FTW
  • edited January 2017

I would give this a shot. Would prefer a £5.50 rebuy TBH, but suppose that will never happen.
  • edited January 2017
    I see it is posted, thanks again James! Registered.
  • edited January 2017
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THIS THREAD THE TOURNAMENT LINK FOR TONIGHT IS HERE
  • edited January 2017
    cheers chris will get it out there later today.
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by Sky__James
    ok, the world is indeed a strange place. we've asked for an £11 PL08 T for ages, even asked for them during UKOPS and then out of blue this, ok.

Will bounties go to high hand winner, or be split among the pot winners at the appropriate split?

Also, not trying to be funny, but will it work-the software that is?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? : ok, the world is indeed a strange place. we've asked for an £11 PL08 T for ages, even asked for them during UKOPS and then out of blue this, ok. Will bounties go to high hand winner, or be split among the pot winners at the appropriate split? Also, not trying to be funny, but will it work-the software that is?
    Posted by suzy666
    Ordinarily in these games if there is a knockout the bounty goes to the high hand winner. Not 100% if that will be the case here though.

Extra oh8 tourneys added to the schedule, whether they work out or not, has to be a good thing for oh8 players surely. At least we have a chance of getting a few more MTT games in.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD):
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? :  Extra oh8 tourneys added to the schedule, whether they work out or not, has to be a good thing for oh8 players surely. At least we have a chance of getting a few more MTT games in.
    Posted by markycash

Totally agree about the more OH8 MTT's there are, the better. This is a little over my usual buy in but as it's OH8 I may well have a dabble because if it does well, this will mean more OH8 MTT's which is good news all around, really.

Ordinarily in these games if there is a knockout the bounty goes to the high hand winner. Not 100% if that will be the case here though. Posted by markycash

Could definitely do with this being clarified beforehand though as it will alter the dynamics of the game a lot imo.

Also agree with Pom in that a £5.50 one would be good too. As far as I'm aware (which isn't that aware, tbh) the £5.50 nightly games are beating their guarantee constantly so I can't see that being any different for a £5.50 B/H.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? : ok, the world is indeed a strange place. we've asked for an £11 PL08 T for ages, even asked for them during UKOPS and then out of blue this, ok. Will bounties go to high hand winner, or be split among the pot winners at the appropriate split? Also, not trying to be funny, but will it work-the software that is?
    Posted by suzy666

This
  • edited January 2017
    Sad that I can't play this tonight but love the idea and would defo support any omaha bounty games in the future.
  • edited January 2017
    I'm a bit clueless at PLO8 but I'd defintitely try some PLO bounty hunters if they were introduced.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD):
    I see it is posted, thanks again James! Registered.
    Posted by markycash
    I think you need to de-reg Marky.  You're alias is stopping players from regging. I thought you were studying psychology, you should know this.
    Maybe a late reg by you would be more apt.

Hang on though, there's one lamb for the slaughter..
  • edited January 2017
    HI

I have never played a bounty hunter but know how it works love PL08 and this sounds interesting BUT can sky make it clear in the lobby how exactly it works. I see Markycash post saying if someone goes out the high winner gets the head bounty but talking to someone in chat about it they said the person with the highest stack would get the pot ok so here is the question. 

I win the low hand and have a higher stack than the other player, the other player wins the high hand and we take a player out so who gets the bounty? both of us? the high hand player, me because I have the high stack or it is split between both of us?/???
  • edited January 2017
    HI I have never played a bounty hunter but know how it works love PL08 and this sounds interesting BUT can sky make it clear in the lobby how exactly it works. I see Markycash post saying if someone goes out the high winner gets the head bounty but talking to someone in chat about it they said the person with the highest stack would get the pot ok so here is the question.  I win the low hand and have a higher stack than the other player, the other player wins the high hand and we take a player out so who gets the bounty? both of us? the high hand player, me because I have the high stack or it is split between both of us?/???
    Posted by koko10
    In NLHE it is definitely the Highest stack, so this is indeed a very pertinent question.
  • edited January 2017
    they said the person with the highest stack would get the pot
    Posted by koko10
    Only if the shorter stack did not have the person who was all-in covered. Stacks sizes don't have anything to do with it (apart from obviously you need enough chips to have the person covered). If it is a split pot then obviously there is no bounty, someone would have to be covered by another players stack and lose the entire pot.
    I win the low hand and have a higher stack than the other player, the other player wins the high hand and we take a player out so who gets the bounty? both of us? the high hand player, me because I have the high stack or it is split between both of us?/???
    Posted by koko10
    The player who has the guy covered and wins the high side of the pot would get the bounty. The player winning the low pot (you in this instance) would get the low half of the pot but no bounty.

That is how it has worked in every BH PLO8 I have ever played at any rate.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD) : In NLHE it is definitely the Highest stack, so this is indeed a very pertinent question.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yes, worth clearing up. In every BH PLO8 I know of it doesn't matter who has x, y or z stack size, as long as you 1: have the all in guy covered. 2: He loses the entire pot & 3: you have the best 'high hand'.

As the BH's have been for NLHE only until now it would be worthwhile if someone can clarify if this is the case on Sky.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD) : I think you need to de-reg Marky.  You're alias is stopping players from regging. I thought you were studying psychology, you should know this. Maybe a late reg by you would be more apt. Hang on though, there's one lamb for the slaughter..
    Posted by chilling
    I wouldn't worry, I see Hendo is registered so that should draw the crowds in :D

P.S...

(Joking Hendo & pretty sure you will now procede to stack me for that joke!)

Also @Koko... I wouldn't overly worry, just do what you done last night and I am sure a few scalps will come your way :)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD) : Only if the shorter stack did not have the person who was all-in covered. Stacks sizes don't have anything to do with it (apart from obviously you need enough chips to have the person covered). If it is a split pot then obviously there is no bounty, someone would have to be covered by another players stack and lose the entire pot. The player who has the guy covered and wins the high side of the pot would get the bounty. The player winning the low pot (you in this instance) would get the low half of the pot but no bounty. That is how it has worked in every BH PLO8 I have ever played at any rate.
    Posted by markycash
    I think his point is... 

Player A goes all in with 4000 chips and AK
    Player B goes all in with 3000 chips and AK
    Player C goes all in with 2000 chips and QJ

The board runs out QJTxx and the AK guys both chop the chips up, but the bounty does go to the guy with the bigger stack (player A), that's always been the case on Sky afaik, but of couse that's for NLHE.

I'd imagine IF it is set up so that the bounty is won based on the high hand then that'd be the case regardless of stack size, and stack sizes would only come in to if 2 players had the same high hand, but I dunno, Sky need to confirm really
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD) : I think his point is...  Player A goes all in with 4000 chips and AK Player B goes all in with 3000 chips and AK Player C goes all in with 2000 chips and QJ The board runs out QJTxx and the AK guys both chop the chips up, but the bounty does go to the guy with the bigger stack (player A), that's always been the case on Sky afaik, but of couse that's for NLHE. I'd imagine IF it is set up so that the bounty is won based on the high hand then that'd be the case regardless of stack size, and stack sizes would only come in to if 2 players had the same high hand, but I dunno, Sky need to confirm really
    Posted by Lambert180
    I took it he meant...

Player A (2200 chips) Player B (2300 chips) & Player C (1000 chips). All players go all in... Player A wins the High pot, Player B wins the low pot, Player C is busto... Who gets the bounty. In this case Player A & B chop the pot but Player A gets the bounty for the high hand (even though player B had a bigger stack).

If 3 players are all in and one busts his stack and the other 2 have the same high hand, normally I though the bounty would just be split.
  • edited January 2017
    We think the bounty will go to the player with the biggest stack. You cannot split a bounty. Let us know how it plays out! Cheers
  • edited January 2017
      I would give this a shot. Would prefer a £5.50 rebuy TBH, but suppose that will never happen.
    Posted by pomfrittes

only  back on  here  because  of  the  plo8  games,  as above would  of  preffered  a fiver  rebuy  which would suit  every 1s bankroll, and guarantee  more  runners.

will  most likely  have a bash  tho  
    good work  and gl all  
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? : only  back on  here  because  of  the  plo8  games,  as above would  of  preffered  a fiver  rebuy  which would suit  every 1s bankroll, and guarantee  more  runners. will  most likely  have a bash  tho   good work  and gl all  
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Your average spend for a £5 rebuy is almost certainly at least the same if not more than an £11 bh 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? : Your average spend for a £5 rebuy is almost certainly at least the same if not more than an £11 bh 
    Posted by Lambert180

correct lambert  was  thinking  it was a 11 euro  rebuy  oops