You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?)

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Will it cover for the 7 days of the week scouse? I am guess the mon-fri 5 days shown is just for illustration? The prize will be for most bounties in a single night over the month so it will be easy to check this by looking at the weekly tables.

Thanks again!
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed:
    Will it cover for the 7 days of the week scouse? I am guess the mon-fri 5 days shown is just for illustration? The prize will be for most bounties in a single night over the month so it will be easy to check this by looking at the weekly tables. Thanks again!
    Posted by markycash
    yeah it will coever all games played Mark, this was off the dummy tables I've compiled to check it's all good to go on Monday
  • edited February 2017
    Great stuff! Looks like everything is set for Monday then :)
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed:
    Great stuff! Looks like everything is set for Monday then :)
    Posted by markycash
    just had a proper read of the T&C's on the other thread Mark and it would seem that the bounty Leaderboard should be more like the one below, IE: a combined count of heads over both nightly tournies ..................

nightly combined bounty leaders
    PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    GLENELG 8

PLANBZ

CHURCHY18

SMOKI3

FISH4IT231

• edited February 2017
    I will also add something tomorrow to auto show the first top 3 in both on one night
  • edited February 2017
    I will also add something tomorrow to auto show the first top 3 in both on one night
    Posted by scouse_red
    Cheers Scouse, that is even more clear!
  • edited February 2017
    Hi marky/scouse,
                         I have noticed that using your 5/3/2/ bonus for top 3, you have an uneven ladder in your points for each tournament. That is a 2/1/2 point spacing between 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th.  Tell me to mind my own business if this is what you were going for. 
                        Maybe a 6/3/1/ bonus which would give you a 4/3/2/ spacing might be more appropriate. Just thinking aloud as usual,

Good luck with the league,  
                                                                  Ed.

• edited February 2017
    you could call it the PLO8 Bounty hunter league. FAO sky. As a result of the low number of players in these BHs, and the nature of the game, that is rapid elimination of players resulting in rapid table movement, the bug of not being able to see your cards after a table move is more prevalent. In one tournament, I didn't get to see my cards for 3 hands in a row. It would be great if someone could work on this bug once and for all future sky tournaments. TY.
    Posted by suzy666

I had this tother night and thot it was a prob with tourney.  I mentioned in chat and someone said "refresh".

It worked. 

• edited February 2017
    Hi marky/scouse,                      I have noticed that using your 5/3/2/ bonus for top 3, you have an uneven ladder in your points for each tournament. That is a 2/1/2 point spacing between 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th.  Tell me to mind my own business if this is what you were going for.                      Maybe a 6/3/1/ bonus which would give you a 4/3/2/ spacing might be more appropriate. Just thinking aloud as usual,                          Good luck with the league,                                                                 Ed.                      
    Posted by edrich
    Hi Ed,
    I think we were meant to add a point for making the FT too which I think I neglected to mention in the monthly league page, so my bad on that one! I will change this now.

With the base points added, in a 30 player games the points for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th would then be 35, 32, 30, 28 which makes a bit more sense. 

Im not sure if scouse has worked in giving 1 additional point to players who make positions 4th, 5th and 6th? If not would it be okay to add this into the scoring and I will go change the wording on the league page? Sorry if I am giving you any extra work scouse I should have added this into the page when I typed it up.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : I had this tother night and thot it was a prob with tourney.  I mentioned in chat and someone said "refresh". It worked. 
    Posted by Glenelg
    I need to try this, thanks! I was closing the table and going to lobby to relaunch which takes too long.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : Hi Ed, I think we were meant to add a point for making the FT too which I think I neglected to mention in the monthly league page, so my bad on that one! I will change this now. With the base points added, in a 30 player games the points for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th would then be 35, 32, 30, 28 which makes a bit more sense.  Im not sure if scouse has worked in giving 1 additional point to players who make positions 4th, 5th and 6th? If not would it be okay to add this into the scoring and I will go change the wording on the league page? Sorry if I am giving you any extra work scouse I should have added this into the page when I typed it up.
    Posted by markycash
    so just to double check Marky on the 30 runner field adding a point for 4th-6th 

we would have   35, 32, 30, 28, 27. 26on the FT with 7th getting 24? I'm pretty sure that's it but just double checking bud
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : so just to double check Marky on the 30 runner field adding a point for 4th-6th  we would have   35, 32, 30, 28, 27. 26on the FT with 7th getting 24? I'm pretty sure that's it but just double checking bud
    Posted by scouse_red
    Yeah that would be brilliant mate :)
  • edited February 2017
    Just to let everyone know, late registration in now 50 minutes (it was 40 before). The late registration period was ending just seconds before the break in some of the games, hopefully more people get the chance to join during the break now. This was mentioned a few pages back and Sky have sorted it.
  • edited February 2017
    I've posted a hand in the MTT section in the hope of some feedback and also in the hope that others post hands too. Feel free to have a look.
  • edited February 2017
    I've posted a hand in the MTT section in the hope of some feedback and also in the hope that others post hands too. Feel free to have a look.
    Posted by Enut
    Had replied before I even read this lol :)

Great idea Enut!

When I have a little free time I will try and post some too.
  • edited February 2017
    Is it worth considering other, smaller, buy ins for these? I would personally probably not play as many of these but I am quite aware that everyone has different preferences as to buy in amounts. There are probably also players who would like to play at earlier times, maybe if these 2 considerations were meshed it might draw on a different element of the OH8 player pool. The smaller buy ins may also offer a cheap way for people to try PLO8 and help increase the player pool for all other PLO8 games. It would be interesting to see if the £5.50 straight PLO8 £100 GTD tourney numbers are being in any way impacted by the new games sandwiched either side.

With the £5.50 and £11 PLO8 BH's proving relatively popular and the £5.50 BH in particular taking off lately I can't see a downside. If any guarantee was set conservatively it would be hard to see them not working.

I don't have access to the entrant numbers for every night but working with the ones I do...

The 7:15pm £5.50 PLO8 BH has a Mean number of entrants of 52.5 (Around 30% over the amount needed to meet the guarantee).

The 9:15pm £11 PLO8 BH has a Mean number of entrants of 30.78 ( Pretty much on the amount of entrants needed to meet the guarantee and perhaps a bit snug).

If the Mean figures for these are used to do a linear regression then the following entry numbers could be expected in smaller buy in tourneys...

@ £3.30 buy in level - The Mean number of entrants expected would be 63 (After rake a £189 prize pool)
    @ £2.20 buy in level - The Mean number of entrants expected would be 68 (After rake a £136 prize pool)
    @ £1.10 buy in level - The Mean number of entrants expected would be 73 (After rake a £73 prize pool)

If any guarantees were around £50 (for a £1.10), £75 (for a £2.20) and £100 for a £3.30) it would be 'unlikely' they fell short as there would be a pretty huge margin for error.

I also noticed there are no PLO8 tourneys between 2:45pm and 7:15pm so it looks like there could be a window for these free at 4:15pm 5:15pm & 6:15pm for example, meaning they wouldn't get in the way of the Thursday League, other PLO8 tourneys and probably also wouldn't affect DYM traffic as it is usually very quiet around this time at the PLO8 DYM tables anyway. The obvious thing that could be highlighted is that 'people will be coming in from work and having their tea etc'. I do know of a few sites that attracted a lot of UK players very regularly around 4:pm for PLO8 tourneys though (I don't mean Stars although that does attract UK players at these times also).

These figures are obviously based on very small sample sizes (as there aren't bigger ones to work with). I also as mentioned don't have the entry figures for every night or they would be more reliable. They should be a decent ballpark barometer though with the only main factor they don't really allow for being 'time of day' of tourneys.

Just a suggestion (if you don't ask you don't get right?) 
  • edited February 2017
    I think it is great idea to add some lower stakes PLO8 B/H.

I wouldn't over saturate them though.

Maybe just trial a £2.20 at 8:15?

If popular then add some through the day 2:15, 4:15, 6:15?

I'm itching to give these a try but being disciplined with my B/R so they would be perfect for me. More importantly there are a lot of NLHE B/H lovers who may give it a go.

I would happily play one of these alongside some DYMs.

I think the main focus for sky (and you to continue to have their backing for added prizes) should be the main league and buidling general PLO8 liquidity on the DYMs as that will have the most potential for attracting players from other sites.

Putting too many lower BI B/Hs will probably have a negative effect on the DYMs and possibly the £5er.
  • edited February 2017
    Also building a regular MTT player pool will help the case for a "mini Omaha festival" which has been proposed and deemed possible.
  • edited February 2017

Bear in mind that the PLO8 liquidity can only be stretched so far.

There has been a notable decrease in PLO8 DYM activity since the PLO8 BH MTT's began - which is fine - but the cake can only be cut so many ways.

I'd be delighted if the O8 MTT's flourished here, but it would be at the expense of the O8 DYM traffic.

More O8 MTT's might be just the job, but I'm pretty sure it would just move the liquidity from DYM's to MTT's, rather than increase it.

On a wider view, be great if Sky Poker could be "the home of O8", as apart from 'Stars, it's very hard to find O8 on any sites, because it is not a popular game, however much us nutjobs might love it.

• edited February 2017
    Good points guys.

I think the debate regarding MTT's negatively impacting DYM traffic is a salient point in respect to the £5.50 & £11 MTT's in the evening. It would be hard however for earlier low buy in PLO8 BH MTT's to have a big negative influence on PLO8 DYM traffic as there is hardly any at these times.

I agree you can only stretch the player pool so far and fresh players need to be added to the player pool. I have personally tried to get some new players to come over, granted with mixed success. Tikay's point about Sky becoming a go to place for uk oh8 players hits the nail on the head in my personal opinion. This will only happen if there is a little schedule at various buy ins. The lower buy in games would likely draw a higher number of players and mean there are more oh8 players on the site when the current tourneys and evening PLO8 DYM games start.

I definitely see and agree these games may not positively impact on the PLO8 DYM games short term but if we get loads more unique players plopping here in the mid term it may start to help DYM traffic.

Just my take on it.
  • edited February 2017
    £5.50 done well again today with 57 runners. £11 one struggled with 22... Think the guarantee is just a touch too high on that one sadly. Not sure if it is the buy in or the time slot that is prohibitive as there is definitely the player pool as the £5.50 one is testament to.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) New suggestion:
    Bear in mind that the PLO8 liquidity can only be stretched so far. There has been a notable decrease in PLO8 DYM activity since the PLO8 BH MTT's began - which is fine - but the cake can only be cut so many ways.   I'd be delighted if the O8 MTT's flourished here, but it would be at the expense of the O8 DYM traffic.   More O8 MTT's might be just the job, but I'm pretty sure it would just move the liquidity from DYM's to MTT's, rather than increase it.   On a wider view, be great if Sky Poker could be "the home of O8", as apart from 'Stars, it's very hard to find O8 on any sites, because it is not a popular game, however much us nutjobs might love it.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agree with tikay that the pl08 liquidity can only stretched so far. Having seen the £5.50 b/h doing well the £11 b/h struggles to meet its guarantee, personnally i would say one of two things could be done either 1)reduce the guarantee for know until hopfully numbers pick up (still early days). 2)copy the early b/h £200 gaurantee £5.50 buy in. Markycash makes a valid point about attracting new plays with lower stake pl08 b/h maybe fit in a £3.30 or £2.20 b/h but would not want to see too many pl08 b/h just for them to struggle to hit numbers. Think the introduction of the pl08 b/h is a big postive for pl08 and well done to Markycash for pushing for this and scouse red for setting up a league table, Keep up the good work guys. 
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) New suggestion:
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) New suggestion : Agree with tikay that the pl08 liquidity can only stretched so far. Having seen the £5.50 b/h doing well the £11 b/h struggles to meet its guarantee, personnally i would say one of two things could be done either 1)reduce the guarantee for know until hopfully numbers pick up (still early days). 2)copy the early b/h £200 gaurantee £5.50 buy in. Markycash makes a valid point about attracting new plays with lower stake pl08 b/h maybe fit in a £3.30 or £2.20 b/h but would not want to see too many pl08 b/h just for them to struggle to hit numbers. Think the introduction of the pl08 b/h is a big postive for pl08 and well done to Markycash for pushing for this and scouse red for setting up a league table, Keep up the good work guys. 
    Posted by safc71
    Thanks and agree with pretty much all of that!

I don't think the £11 is doing 'bad' personally, the guarantee is just a tad high IMO. If we said a few weeks ago we could have an £11 PLO8 nightly MTT that attracted between 22-41 runners every night I don't think too many would complain. It looks questionable in relation to the guarantee but there definitely seems to be people regularly turning up for it.

Could it be a turbo? Could it be a little earlier? Could it be another £5.50? Could it just be a £200 GTD? All valid suggestions IMO.

The lower buy in ones placed somewhere in the gap during the day between PLO8 MTT's seem like a penalty kick. There isn't much in the way of other oh8 traffic to negatively impact on and offering a cheap way for people to try the game or people who would prefer to play at that time could only help grow the other tourneys and increase the overall player pool/liquidity. No need to rush in though as you said, would be fine to try one around 4 or 5 pm and see how it pans out.

Trial and error and all that :)

Just my opinion and Sky's call at the end of the day obviously. I don't doubt they will do good by the ploppers, they have been brilliant listening to the feedback regarding the oh8 games!
  • edited February 2017

Don't think there is much chance of Sky Poker holding that £300 Guarantee much longer. The risk/reward for the size of the player base is all out of kilter.

Think it's likely they will either reduce the G'tee or make it a £5 instead of £10.

• edited February 2017
    Personally I would like to see them try turbos and also make the £11 one earlier. I am very limited in how much poker I can play in an evening so if they were both turbos and the £11 started at 8.15 or 8.30 then I would probably be able to play both in an evening.

Unfortunately I don't think Sky is run purely for my benefit so I'm guessing we will just see the justifiable drop in the £11 guarantee to £200.
  • edited February 2017
    I think it is the buy in rather than the time that is putting people off the £11 game so I've made it another £5.50. If this keeps missing then I'll make it a faster structure.
  • edited February 2017
    I think it is the buy in rather than the time that is putting people off the £11 game so I've made it another £5.50. If this keeps missing then I'll make it a faster structure.
    Posted by Sky__James
     this is what sets Sky Poker apart IMO the players and the decision makers working together to make things happen

hats off to you James
  • edited February 2017

Will this reduction in buy-in affect the prizes for the league?
  • edited February 2017
      Will this reduction in buy-in affect the prizes for the league?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Uncle Pom,

Not for this month, no.

No decision has been made as to whether prizes will be offered next month, or if they are, what value they might be.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) New suggestion :  this is what sets Sky Poker apart IMO the players and the decision makers working together to make things happen hats off to you James
    Posted by scouse_red
    Agreed Chris! There are not many/any sites with such brilliant dialogue between the players and the site.

I did mention the guarantee several times as I feared losing the £11 altogether like this. If the guarantee had been £200 from the start though and the tourney had got between 22-41 numbers every night, never missing the guarantee then I think it would have been viewed by almost everyone as a very solid success for a £11 MTT in a niche game that went on till around midnight?

It is only really when compared to the £300 guarantee it looks like it struggled so much.

The 2 main variables which obviously affect numbers for this are 'Buy in level' and 'Time of day'. I don't think it is one in isolation that is the main factor but rather an interaction effect between these 2 factors.

If there was a £2.20 in the big gap during the day in PLO8 MTT's at around 4 or 5pm and that attracted 75+ runners then it would probably suggest that a £11 PLO8 MTT getting 22-41 runners would be in line with expectations and relatively 'decent'.

Thanks once again for your efforts James and hopefully this works out. I am fully aware that Sky do not need to take any of these suggestions on board and hats off to all concerned for doing so! :)