You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD):
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : Ah, you got there first. I think that is going the right way if you are going to go down the bonus route,                          Ed.
    Posted by edrich
    In hindsight I agree :)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed:
    It just seems 'wrong' that if you had 2 MTTs both with 30 runners each, one person busts first in one but wins the other for 31 points total, while someone else comes 14th two nights in a row and has 32 points. It's clear (to me at least) which of those sets of results is better. 
    Posted by Lambert180
    I know what you mean but I think the cap would mitigate this to some extent in relation to the leaderboard. If the leaderboard wasn't capped then I think the other system used in the Thursday leagues would be better.
    imo you deffo need to increase the points around the FT mark.  
    Posted by Lambert180
    Agreed, the increases that scouse indicated seem fair though? especially when you factor in that bonus points are awarded for taking bounties which should offer a little incentive to not simply ladder.

I guess we can just scrap any points bonus if there are no major objections, I mean it is a fair point that winning both on one night would already mean you were getting a huge haul of points.
  • edited January 2017
    Been reading this and happy to go with whatever you guys come up with, my only input would be;

Capped seems best, perhaps stretch points out at top 6 (FT), seperate bounty prize seems a good idea.

WP 
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD):
    If you had a prize for the most bounties taken on a single night in the month that would still potentially be up for grabs all month and be open to all to have a chance of it. (In addition to any league prizes)
    Posted by Phantom66
    Maybe if SkyPoker put up £50-£100 a month to the league winner, who then donates that amount to one of the charities on Grahams thread.
    Seems reasonable ?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : Maybe if SkyPoker put up £50-£100 a month to the league winner, who then donates that amount to one of the charities on Grahams thread. Seems reasonable ?
    Posted by chilling

Personally I don't think it is the best idea. I mean you could just say the same about every leaderboard or promotion on Sky. We could just make all promo prizes in future go to charity. At the end of the day people will play for a multitude of reasons such as entertainment, a mental challenge, a bit of banter etc but one thing I think that drives many of us is the chance to win a few quid now n again. I personally think charity donations should be a personal choice for any winners.

Don't get me wrong I am not anti charity, I have given up a fair bit of my time to voluntarily serve on the board of 2 separate charity organisations over the last few years. I also think Graham's efforts are commendable. Just my personal opinion...

• edited February 2017
    There have been loads of suggestions which is great! To summarise where we are at...

We are loosely going with a reverse scoring where last place gets 1 point and 2nd last 2 points etc with 1 point gained for each upwards position attained. An extra 2 points for 3rd, extra 3 points for 2nd and an extra 5 points for 1st. Everyone will also get an extra point for every bounty they take.

It will be capped and your best 10 results from either/or the £5.50 or £11.00 buy in PLO8 BH's will count.

No bonus for winning both in 1 night.

Leaderboard will start Monday 6th February and run for the rest of February. From 1st of March the leaderboards will run for each calendar month.

Scouse is kindly doing some dry runs and will post these for everyone to have a look at on Saturday. If there are no major disagreements I can make a thread on Saturday evening with a more succinct description of the tourneys and leaderboard and we could move all updates and results over to that thread.

A big thanks again to Sky for supporting this, to scouse for his efforts and to everyone for their feedback. It has been nice to see so many people, including some mostly NLHE players turning out for these. 

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed:
    There have been loads of suggestions which is great! To summarise where we are at... We are loosely going with a reverse scoring where last place gets 1 point and 2nd last 2 points etc with 1 point gained for each upwards position attained. An extra 2 points for 3rd, extra 3 points for 2nd and an extra 5 points for 1st. Everyone will also get an extra point for every bounty they take. It will be capped and your best 10 results from either/or the £5.50 or £11.00 buy in PLO8 BH's will count. No bonus for winning both in 1 night. Leaderboard will start Monday 6th February and run for the rest of February. From 1st of March the leaderboards will run for each calendar month. Scouse is kindly doing some dry runs and will post these for everyone to have a look at on Saturday. If there are no major disagreements I can make a thread on Saturday evening with a more succinct description of the tourneys and leaderboard and we could move all updates and results over to that thread. A big thanks again to Sky for supporting this, to scouse for his efforts and to everyone for their feedback. It has been nice to see so many people, including some mostly NLHE players turning out for these. 
    Posted by markycash
    sounds good.
  • edited February 2017
    Just a late thought, if its 1 point for last etc, could the cashers pick up bonus points.eg... if the player picks up £8•57, round down to 8pts, etc.
    Would obviously be more available in the £11 bh though.The cash( points) should reflect the field?
    Bounties not included.
  • edited February 2017
    OK THEN..............

I have done a dry run for the 4 tourneys from Monday and Tuesday 

the first table below will show you where each player has finished the tourney and how many heads were taken

PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE UP AND RUNNING I WILL NOT BE POSTING THESE (it's just for anyone to scrutinize how I reached the totals in the 2nd table)

THE 2nd table and THIS IS THE ONE I'LL BE POSTING shows

points scored by finishing position for each tourney total number of heads across all tourneys and the points total

if you spot anything amiss please give me a nudge

Monday Tuesday

£5.50 H £11.00 H £5.50 H £11.00 H
    number of players 48
    PLAYER

safc71 3 4 9 1 11
    suzy666

1 1 7 2 10 1
    DONN001 35
    2 1
    HENDRIK62 33
    8 4 12 1
    JJFlash66

5 2

1 5
    PlanB2Z 30 1

1 8

markycash 18 1 38
    15 2 26 1
    pomfrittes 4 6 40

9 1
    Whizzewky 16
    3 2

birty964 15

16 1 32
    cynontaff 12

botneck

3 7
    YoYo999 21

14 1

andrico 42

Enut 1 4

shelly1967 38

6 2 31
    pokerdes 44
    15 2 44
    koko10

2 4

petebryn

3 5

bluffulot6 2 1

Glenelg

2 8

trevil25

4 1
    weecheez1 17

_kagawa_ 32 2 14 1

sjb10000 9 3

john10878 6 2

jorzar05

6 3

lind28 5 3

sam1964

5 4

Wacko90 10

amrees 8 4

daveyput 19 1

Mart2001 48
    16 3

adzbo

UrABawBag2 7 2

camfitz 11 3

TASHAL

9 1

barneyk

4 1

EKC

12 3

sidsquid

10 1

coo1-um 28

GREGHOGG

12 2

herrcliffo 13 1

eon1961 14 1

adunne

8 1
    doubleff 39

JPDERRY

10 3

xxSYDxx <stron
  • edited February 2017
    On first glance it looks great to me scouse. Hope it isn't too much work for you, your efforts are sincerely appreciated. I will be happy to shout you several dozen pints should we ever meet up!
  • edited February 2017
    GL with the prize negotiations marky.

If there is room for a small "most heads in one night" that would be nice to see for the recs (and maniacs) to aim for.
  • edited February 2017
    GL with the prize negotiations marky. If there is room for a small "most heads in one night" that would be nice to see for the recs (and maniacs) to aim for.
    Posted by Phantom66
    lol thanks Phantom, I better watch the type of spanners I direct towards TK's blinds :D

Whatever Sky decide will be great, they have been brilliant in supporting these games so far!

Again I agree with the 'most heads in a night' point, will be up to Sky what they think though.
  • edited February 2017
    @ scouse.

tables look ok.
    I thought we were going to do an added point value system for FT, 3rd-1st.
    marky had suggested 5pts for 1st, maybe 1-6 for 6th to 1st makes sense?
  • edited February 2017
    or 1pt for 6th / 5th, 4th 2, 3rd 3 2nd 5 and 1st 10?

opinions?
  • edited February 2017
    or 1pt for 6th / 5th, 4th 2, 3rd 3 2nd 5 and 1st 10? opinions?
    Posted by suzy666
    I agree with the slight weighting for the top positions. I thought we had loosely agreed an extra 5 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd and 2 points for 3rd (could do 1 point for making the FT which is also usually the payouts).

As long as this is workable for scouse and nobody has major objections of course.
  • edited February 2017
    sorry scouse, but errors are present in the table.

Safc71-gets 46 points for his 3rd not 48.
    my 1st in the £11 gets 41 not 46.
    I think some of DONN001 are wrong but counting backwards is tough!
  • edited February 2017
    or have you already added in the extra points for places?

sorry!
  • edited February 2017
    or have you already added in the extra points for places? sorry!
    Posted by suzy666
    Yeah I think that is just with the weighting for the top places.
  • edited February 2017
    That's going to be one hell of a spreadsheet over a week, dread to see a monthly one! Good luck Scouse!
  • edited February 2017
    That's going to be one hell of a spreadsheet over a week, dread to see a monthly one! Good luck Scouse!
    Posted by Enut
    Is there a reserve compiler if Scouse falls ill?  How many foreign holidays does he have per year?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : Is there a reserve compiler if Scouse falls ill?  How many foreign holidays does he have per year?
    Posted by chilling
    Hoping scouse has much good health to look forward to but I think I could maybe work it out in an emergency situation or short term at least. It would probably take me a whole lot longer to do though as my table compiling skills are not in the same league as scouse's.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : Is there a reserve compiler if Scouse falls ill?  How many foreign holidays does he have per year?
    Posted by chilling
    More importantly does he back up his data securely and is he registered under the Data Protection Act!
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by chilling

Think foreign hols are out for a while, baby scouse due this year I hear. Congrats you old dog you.

And obv with another mouth to feed he won't be able to afford to be ill.
  • edited February 2017
    Congrats to Churchy on winning the 5er BH! WD Brian :)

Some general thoughts about these games which can be taken with whatever amount of salt you wish...

The £11 £300 GTD missed it's guarantee as it only had 26 runners. I dont think this is down to the popularity of the tourney but rather football on tonight etc and the site being quiet. The OH8 SNG's looked painfully slow when I looked in. Having said that there will be slow nights and much as I hate to admit it £250 GTD for the 11er and £150 GTD for the 5er might safeguard against this (thinking purely from Sky's perspective, it is fine with me if the guarantees are raised to £1million lol).

One other point I have noticed...

The games start at 15 minutes past the hour and late reg is 40 minutes. Late registration and the 5 minute break are scheduled to start at the same time. Most nights the break falls with about 20 seconds left on the clock, which is then stopped for the break so players get 5 minutes longer to register and there is usually a few more last minute entrants. Some nights though (tonight included) the timing works that late reg stops marginally before the break so there is 5 minutes+ less real time to register (this could have been the deciding factor tonight). If late registration could be increased by just 5 minutes it would probably make a significant difference in the long run.
  • edited February 2017
    Congrats to Churchy on winning the 5er BH! WD Brian :) Some general thoughts about these games which can be taken with whatever amount of salt you wish... The £11 £300 GTD missed it's guarantee as it only had 26 runners. I dont think this is down to the popularity of the tourney but rather football on tonight etc and the site being quiet. The OH8 SNG's looked painfully slow when I looked in. Having said that there will be slow nights and much as I hate to admit it £250 GTD for the 11er and £150 GTD for the 5er might safeguard against this (thinking purely from Sky's perspective, it is fine with me if the guarantees are raised to £1million lol). One other point I have noticed... The games start at 15 minutes past the hour and late reg is 40 minutes. Late registration and the 5 minute break are scheduled to start at the same time. Most nights the break falls with about 20 seconds left on the clock, which is then stopped for the break so players get 5 minutes longer to register and there is usually a few more last minute entrants. Some nights though (tonight included) the timing works that late reg stops marginally before the break so there is 5 minutes+ less real time to register (this could have been the deciding factor tonight). If late registration could be increased by just 5 minutes it would probably make a significant difference in the long run.
    Posted by markycash

Cheers m8 was down to just over a bb 8 left i think and chilling gave me odds off 66/1 (so at that price had to romp home) said to chill that i had to run like god and 20 min later was 1st so all down to chilling :}

well done in the £11 very well played i was ok in that then just gave my stack away got a couple of bounties so they paid my entry.

Think these are great not as crazy as i thought they would be pretty much the same as the £5.50 8.30 game not really noticed any difference in the 1s i have played

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) Feedback on new league needed : Cheers m8 was down to just over a bb 8 left i think and chilling gave me odds off 66/1 (so at that price had to romp home) said to chill that i had to run like god and 20 min later was 1st so all down to chilling :} well done in the £11 very well played i was ok in that then just gave my stack away got a couple of bounties so they paid my entry. Think these are great not as crazy as i thought they would be pretty much the same as the £5.50 8.30 game not really noticed any difference in the 1s i have played
    Posted by churchy18
    Thanks Brian! I had a similar predicament, went from 25k down to 8k with 6 left but managed to recover.

Our practice session of HU PLO8 SNG's today must have done some good! 
  • edited February 2017
    Very well done both of you, very heartening for you.

In an odd twist of fate I noticed you had 4 bounties to suzys 1 marky

:-)
  • edited February 2017
    hearts 4-1
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Lol cheers Paul ;)

I bet Brian is trying to forget about that! You just bust his bubble lolz...
  • edited February 2017
    sorry scouse, but errors are present in the table. Safc71-gets 46 points for his 3rd not 48. my 1st in the £11 gets 41 not 46. I think some of DONN001 are wrong but counting backwards is tough!
    Posted by suzy666

there is already an extra 2 points for 3rd in the sheets an extra 3 points for 2nd and an extra 5 points for 1st so your 46 points for first would be right

and the 48 points for safc would be right using that particular system

that is the one I thought had been agreed on

I'll check everything once again tomorrow after I've added Wednesday's tourneys into the mix 

• edited February 2017
    Posted by chilling

no foreign holidays for Scousey this year ..... got a little scouse on the way in July, so everything is gearing up to that lol

as for a back up ...... if I could ask someone, anyone .... to just make a note of the 2 tourney ID numbers each day and keep them in notepad for me ..... just in case I miss any or take them down wrong.

don't need the full
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=30986337&guid=ad8c9897-a2c7-48f7-b646-c2594f064b0f saving just the bolded 8 digit bit thanks