You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD):
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD) : Think there were a few more out before me but I think the late reg thing might skew it, not sure. I wasn't far behind though... There is always tomorrow :D I see you are still in fighting, gl :)
    Posted by markycash
    Yeah marky, lobbies are not always accurate.Me fighting? I must get rid of these cotton wool gloves, and do the bare knuckle.

yep its updated now.
  • edited January 2017
    Congrats on the win Hendrik!

WP Paul ;-)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (Added to schedule for 9:15pm tonight £100 GTD):
    Congrats on the win Hendrik! WP Paul ;-)
    Posted by markycash

Cheers Dave! :-)
  • edited January 2017

Well played Hendo Lad.
  • edited January 2017
    As mentioned above I have let a bunch of UK Omaha 8 players know about the new tourney and also the DYM's etc. Several have indicated they will be dropping by and joining in the games at some point so hopefully we can get some extra players to the OH8 community on Sky. 
  • edited January 2017
    Hendrik wins again on night 3!

WP Paul :)

Unlucky safc in 2nd. Tried my best to join you on the FT but that AJ chap pinched my little pile of chips...

The numbers appear to be pretty good for this. Night 1 = 38 entrants; night 2 = 41 entrants and night 3 = 40 entrants. Would be nice if the guarantee could be reconsidered and a $5.50 BH a bit earlier around 7ish might attract a few different people who don't want to be just us as late.

Nice to see a couple of old faces from the past turn up tonight too :)

Cya all tomorrow night! Surely Hendrik can't do the treble?
  • edited January 2017
    Hendrik wins again on night 3! WP Paul :) Unlucky safc in 2nd. Tried my best to join you on the FT but that AJ chap pinched my little pile of chips... The numbers appear to be pretty good for this. Night 1 = 38 entrants; night 2 = 41 entrants and night 3 = 40 entrants. Would be nice if the guarantee could be reconsidered and a $5.50 BH a bit earlier around 7ish might attract a few different people who don't want to be just us as late. Nice to see a couple of old faces from the past turn up tonight too :) Cya all tomorrow night! Surely Hendrik can't do the treble?
    Posted by markycash

Cheers Dave :-)

I got very lucky to win it last night, so odds on a treble are very, very long :-)
  • edited January 2017
    slightly better than 40:1 ?
  • edited January 2017
    Update:
    Increased guarantee to £300
    Now awarding 10 pts instead of 5
    As suggested I've added a £5.50 £200 game at 7.15pm

Enjoy
  • edited January 2017
    Great stuff James, thanks!
  • edited January 2017
    yeh was womdering why i got 5 pts played last night sashed its guarentee 
  • edited January 2017
    Just updating the headline so the late-comers know another has been added.
  • edited January 2017
    Fantastic news!

I wanted to also say the structure is fantastic 3k start stack and 10 min blinds, loads of play. Great stuff Sky and well done Marky for suggesting it.  Alright Dave.
  • edited January 2017
    Cheers Paul ;) and GL in them tonight, not that you appear to need it!
  • edited January 2017
    Well said hendrik agree with everything you said . Markycash also pushed for a £5.50 bounty and got it, well done and thanks sky James for listening great work. Goodluck all except Hendrik you've had your share for a while :)
  • edited January 2017
    I'm lovin these
     ...knocked Hendrik oot and took 8 x heads! 
    Came 2nd so bit peefed ..
  • edited January 2017
    marky if you want .....seeing as this was your baby ...... I'll do a just for fun list of the leading Bounty takers each week
    bit like the lists that SP did for the BH Champion promo.......... Mon to Sun which I'll just post on a Mon morning

up to you m8 

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD):
    marky if you want .....seeing as this was your baby ...... I'll do a just for fun list of the leading Bounty takers each week bit like the lists that SP did for the BH Champion promo.......... Mon to Sun which I'll just post on a Mon morning up to you m8 
    Posted by scouse_red

Hey scouse, sounds good to me if it isn't too much trouble. It might add a little fun element. Maybe Sky can throw in a lifetime supply of £110 tickets for the winner each week and take it out of TK's Christmas bonus ;-).

Cheers for that Scouse, appreciated mate!

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD):
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : Hey scouse, sounds good to me if it isn't too much trouble. It might add a little fun element. Maybe Sky can throw in a lifetime supply of £110 tickets for the winner each week and take it out of TK's Christmas bonus ;-). Cheers for that Scouse, appreciated mate!
    Posted by markycash
    YBA.

If you guys want to organise some sort of Monthly League for those 2 new PLO8 BH things, I'm sure I can hustle Plimsoll Sam into giving away some little prizes.

Make some proposals between yourselves, & get back to me.

Ideally, you'd want to start it tomorrow (1st of the month), failing that, next Monday for, say, 4 weeks.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : YBA. If you guys want to organise some sort of Monthly League for those 2 new PLO8 BH things, I'm sure I can hustle Plimsoll Sam into giving away some little prizes. Make some proposals between yourselves, & get back to me. Ideally, you'd want to start it tomorrow (1st of the month), failing that, next Monday for, say, 4 weeks.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is a very genereous Tikay, appreciated Sir!

I will ponder it over for a few hours and see if anything specific comes to mind then post any ideas here and see what Scouse, others and yourself think :) 

It would be excellent if it could be done as you say to start tomorrow and coincide with the start of the new month. Obviously next month would be fine too but if it is done early it might help the new games become more established.

Initial thoughts are 2 mini leagues, 1 for the number of bounties taken each month and one based upon finishing positions over each month. Possibly something akin to the league Scouse has created this week to record performance in the FOSP games could be used to track monthly performance? Maybe awarding 10pts for a win in either of the nightly BH's, 7pts for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4-6.

Will post later and see what others think, thanks TK, scouse & Sky!

• edited January 2017
    I'm lovin these  ...knocked Hendrik oot and took 8 x heads!  Came 2nd so bit peefed ..
    Posted by Glenelg

Very well played, great heads total, I see it was 40-1 shot suzy that TID :-)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : That is a very genereous Tikay, appreciated Sir! I will ponder it over for a few hours and see if anything specific comes to mind then post any ideas here and see what Scouse, others and yourself think :)  It would be excellent if it could be done as you say to start tomorrow and coincide with the start of the new month. Obviously next month would be fine too but if it is done early it might help the new games become more established. Initial thoughts are 2 mini leagues, 1 for the number of bounties taken each month and one based upon finishing positions over each month. Possibly something akin to the league Scouse has created this week to record performance in the FOSP games could be used to track monthly performance? Maybe awarding 10pts for a win in either of the nightly BH's, 7pts for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4-6. Will post later and see what others think, thanks TK, scouse & Sky!
    Posted by markycash

i think your going to have some qualifing criteria, most of the PL08 crew are not 7 days a week and have bankroll considerations. 7x 11 and 7 x 5.5 is fine for some but not all, i presume the league is to entice more.

maybe best 3 Ts from each week to count to the league, maybe 4.

Points and heads sounds fine. maybe 1 league simplifies things? with prizes for 1st/2nd-or more? dont know how you score a head- 1point? some are worth more than others but i guess its the same for everyone
  • edited January 2017

Don't get TOO excited, the prizes wont be much, it's more about bragging rights really.

It kinda makes sense to try to help make Sky Poker a niche site for PLO8 though, as very few sites have any liquidity. (That's me justifying burning Sky Poker's money).

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : That is a very genereous Tikay, appreciated Sir! I will ponder it over for a few hours and see if anything specific comes to mind then post any ideas here and see what Scouse, others and yourself think :)  It would be excellent if it could be done as you say to start tomorrow and coincide with the start of the new month. Obviously next month would be fine too but if it is done early it might help the new games become more established. Initial thoughts are 2 mini leagues, 1 for the number of bounties taken each month and one based upon finishing positions over each month. Possibly something akin to the league Scouse has created this week to record performance in the FOSP games could be used to track monthly performance? Maybe awarding 10pts for a win in either of the nightly BH's, 7pts for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4-6. Will post later and see what others think, thanks TK, scouse & Sky!
    Posted by markycash

Any way you want to work it is fine by me Marky, if you let me know the exact points structure you want and we'll get it sorted in time to start tmoro ...... it will also give me time to do a dummy run using last nights and tonights tourneys.

Obv not everyone will be around every night, so can you suggest how many games must be played in a month to count. 

I mean personally if a format is agreed for the first month and it doesn't quite work it can always be tweeked a little bit along the way

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : Very well played, great heads total, I see it was 40-1 shot suzy that TID :-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62

sorry mr rik if that offended you. i was merely trying to point out that your odds were not as long as you suggested.
    After all, if we win with AA 4 times, we dont fold the 5th out of fear-your previous wins dont affect your next game.

Assuming ROI of 50% and a field of 50, doesn anyone have any idea what the odds of winning are?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : i think your going to have some qualifing criteria, most of the PL08 crew are not 7 days a week and have bankroll considerations. 7x 11 and 7 x 5.5 is fine for some but not all, i presume the league is to entice more. maybe best 3 Ts from each week to count to the league, maybe 4. Points and heads sounds fine. maybe 1 league simplifies things? with prizes for 1st/2nd-or more? dont know how you score a head- 1point? some are worth more than others but i guess its the same for everyone
    Posted by suzy666
    I think one point per head is the way to go here as  there's no way of knowing once the tourney has finished what individual head prizes were, (only the overall total)
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Would it be possible to have a nightly Omaha 8 B/H? (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £300 GTD) : sorry mr rik if that offended you. i was merely trying to point out that your odds were not as long as you suggested. After all, if we win with AA 4 times, we dont fold the 5th out of fear-your previous wins dont affect your next game. Assuming ROI of 50% and a field of 50, doesn anyone have any idea what the odds of winning are?
    Posted by suzy666

lol, its fine I wasn't at all offended, just couldn't resist it when I saw you had won. VWP :-) 
  • edited January 2017

It is generally great to see all the extra noise made on here for everything PLO8. Even I played one of these BH's. I hope your new League is a success too.

HOWEVER....it would, IMHO. been advantageous for the game of PLO to been given a bit of a push here too. This format only gets small numbers on this site ATM (apart from cash tables). If you are looking for PLO action in MTT or DYM format, you generally have to look at other sites for it.

Don't shoot me down though guys, just making an observation. Perhaps, depending how this League goes, PLO could maybe considered in the future and combine both formats into a League/Comp?

• edited January 2017
    I agree with the point Suzy makes about 1 leaderboard to keep things simple. I also completely agree with 1 head = 1 point. Maybe scouse's original idea of recording the bounties taken over the month is the way to go? Would keep it nice and simple for anyone to casually follow along regarding their progress.

This would also give those who don't play them all a chance of doing well if they take a lot of scalps in the ones they do play. It may also encourage those who get off to a good start each month to play a few more games than usual.

Still wakening up. Had my Weetabix, got my caffeine levels up to a suitable amount and am just visiting uni just now to maintain the charade I am studying psychology but will post when I get back home in a few hours.

Would be great to hear everyones feedback and thoughts.