You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?)

12345679»

Comments

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD):
    I think a £200 £11 game would be hit and miss too so I'd rather keep the later game at £5.50 as it caters for twice the amount of people. It works better for your league too I think. These things take time to grow. If it dies a death then at least we tried.
    Posted by Sky__James

I gotta say a THANK YOU to you James and all concerned for trying things out to get all this off the ground and tweeking where necessary, it's all very much appreciated I can tell you that much

you defo wouldn't get the communication or commitment like this on any other site

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD):
    I think a £200 £11 game would be hit and miss too so I'd rather keep the later game at £5.50 as it caters for twice the amount of people. It works better for your league too I think. These things take time to grow. If it dies a death then at least we tried.
    Posted by Sky__James
    Cheers for the reply James and fair enough :)

Not sure if the 9:15pm can keep the same level of guarantee as the 7:15pm but hopefully it will grow as you mention and also as you say at least it was tried. If the £5.50 is staying my personal opinion would be a £150 GTD for the 9:15pm might take the pressure off and help it be viewed as a success in the long term as the margin for error would then be about the same as the 7:15pm game.

Up to your good self what you think is best though. Again thanks for supporting these games and if I bump into you in Vegas this year I will happily buy you several drinks to hopefully make up in some small way for any headaches I have caused you :D 
  • edited February 2017
    P.S. Chris just informed me that the unique player numbers for these (I think just since the league begun a short while ago) stand at a whopping 264!

• edited February 2017

Hi Mark, I have replied to your message but not sure if PM working from my end. If possible main event tonight and Friday night would be good for me. I think they are £22 and£33 entries.
      Thanks.
  • edited February 2017
       Hi Mark, I have replied to your message but not sure if PM working from my end. If possible main event tonight and Friday night would be good for me. I think they are £22 and£33 entries.   Thanks.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Uncle Pom,

I have been in e-Mail contact with Marky about this, & so I'll sort those 2 Free Entries now.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : Hi Uncle Pom, I have been in e-Mail contact with Marky about this, & so I'll sort those 2 Free Entries now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    morning tk,

pls can you clarify what prizes are on offer for this month?
    I thought the prizes were monthly not weekly.

thanks.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : morning tk, pls can you clarify what prizes are on offer for this month? I thought the prizes were monthly not weekly. thanks.
    Posted by suzy666

I think that prize was for 1st person to get top 3 in both suzy
  • edited February 2017

There you go Uncle Pom;

pomfrittes50000 
    Dewi-cool50000
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : I gotta say a THANK YOU to you James and all concerned for trying things out to get all this off the ground and tweeking where necessary, it's all very much appreciated I can tell you that much you defo wouldn't get the communication or commitment like this on any other site
    Posted by scouse_red
    this is true,

please note though sky, when an £11 BH was introduces it instantly got 40+ runners indicating one off interest.

IMO its reasonable to assume 11 and 22 one offs during the next UKOPS would also be popular.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : morning tk, pls can you clarify what prizes are on offer for this month? I thought the prizes were monthly not weekly. thanks.
    Posted by suzy666
    Hi Suzy,

Marky runs this, & I simply arrange the entries, but I believe Pommy won the sort of "Final Table Jackpot" on the very first night, which carried a separate prize.

The other promised prizes remain in place.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : this is true, please note though sky, when an £11 BH was introduces it instantly got 40+ runners indicating one off interest. IMO its reasonable to assume 11 and 22 one offs during the next UKOPS would also be popular.
    Posted by suzy666
    The UKOPS Schedule will be announced quite soon, Suzy.
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by suzy666
    The prizes remain unaltered, Pommy won this;

"Be the FIRST person to finish top 3 in both tourneys in 1 night that month: £55 (5 x £11 tickets to BH games). The prize for this may 'roll over' to the following month if it is not won in a particular month, this has not been definitively decided yet."

However, I asked him, via Marky, if he would mind taking a £33 & a £22, as the admin hassle of 10 x £5.50, or 5 x £11 prizes, is a bit onerous. If he had declined, fine, he'd have got the 10 or 5 free entries, but he was agreeable. And it's rare that Uncle Pom can be described as "agreeable".   
  • edited February 2017
    P.S. Chris just informed me that the unique player numbers for these (I think just since the league begun a short while ago) stand at a whopping 264!
    Posted by markycash
    yes, good stuff.  interestingly, last year for the 4 games included in the league each thursday evening, there were well over 1,000 unique players. 

the good news is that so many are intrigued enough to enter at least once.  the quest is how to encourage each one of the thousand to play more.  they have dipped their toe in the water.  how do we get them to jump in?  which is where i am coming from.  i would love to see you succeed.

good luck marky, scouse.

• edited February 2017
    There you go Uncle Pom; pomfrittes 5000 0   Dewi-cool 5000 0
    Posted by Tikay10

TYVM Grumpy Gramps.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : The prizes remain unaltered, Pommy won this; "Be the FIRST person to finish top 3 in both tourneys in 1 night that month: £55 (5 x £11 tickets to BH games). The prize for this may 'roll over' to the following month if it is not won in a particular month, this has not been definitively decided yet." However, I asked him, via Marky, if he would mind taking a £33 & a £22, as the admin hassle of 10 x £5.50, or 5 x £11 prizes, is a bit onerous. If he had declined, fine, he'd have got the 10 or 5 free entries, but he was agreeable. And it's rare that Uncle Pom can be described as "agreeable".   
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty for clarifying.

As for Aussies comment, 1000 unique players is surprisingly high, but I guess if you chop out players who played less than 10 times its drops off quite a lot.

how do you get them to play more? email them all with details of the monthly and weekly thurs leagues.
  • edited February 2017
    Apologies, been away from my laptop all day. Had to buy a new car, my 16 year old one finally had to be taken to the scrappy today.

In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (2 added to schedule for 7:15pm & 9:15pm tonight £200 & £200 GTD) : yes, good stuff.  interestingly, last year for the 4 games included in the league each thursday evening, there were well over 1,000 unique players.  the good news is that so many are intrigued enough to enter at least once.  the quest is how to encourage each one of the thousand to play more.  they have dipped their toe in the water.  how do we get them to jump in? which is where i am coming from.  i would love to see you succeed. good luck marky, scouse.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks Aussie!

Shows there are enough players with at least some level of interest in the playing the game.

Thanks for clearing up those points Tikay.

One other point... If we get the green light for month 2 of this then the prize payout structure etc will be much easier to follow, will give both regulars and casual players a fair pop at things, and will also help maintain interest in both tourneys throughout the month.

• edited February 2017
    Don't want to jinx it but the 9:15pm looks to be establishing itself in recent nights. I think the average number of players will be pretty much bang on the 42 I mentioned but the amount of entrants seems to be gradually rising. Fingers crossed the momentum continues.

Also it looks like (as far as I recall), tonight may be the first night that the 9:15pm game has drawn more players than the 7:15pm.
  • edited March 2017
    So it is just over a month since the 9:15pm game was changed to a £5.50 buy in. No idea how succesful Sky view this (which is obviously the salient point) but from my perspective it looks like it has done 'fair'.

I mentioned on the last page I ran some numbers and expected traffic for it to average 42 runners and that the number of runners would generally fluctuate between 32-52. I think this must be pretty much on the money? There has only been 1 night outside the lower range and the odd rare one outside on the higher range and the average field size must be pretty close to, if not exactly, 42.

The 7:15pm has been running longer and looks to be doing 'excellent' (again just my opinion) and from memory I think this is meeting the guarantee almost every time and usually quite comfortably.

The $64 million question then becomes... Has the correct mix been found?

Well Chris posted that after just a few weeks of the games we had somewhere between 400-500 unique players, that figure must be around 1000 by now. So there seems to be a player base there. Also when you bare in mind that only the £5.50 bankroll players are being catered for, this number is surprisingly high.

The down side is that PLO8 DYM traffic has suffered. If the PLO8 MTT schedule could be expanded to help increase the player pool it may help the PLO8 DYM games recover a bit but currently it looks like things are stuck in a bit of a rut.

The most positive aspects seems to be that the PLO8 BH games have proven to be popular (at least relative to the standard format) and that there is a surprisingly decent player base.

The current mix doesn't look to be diverse enough to capitalise on these positives though.

Only people playing £5.50's PLO8 BH's are being catered for and there is a 4 1/2 hour gap in the PLO8 schedule between 2:45pm and 7:15pm that is sitting wide open for some different buy ins to be tested which could draw on completely different elements of the potential PLO8 player pool.

It really looks like a penalty kick to build on the current set up and have something along the lines of...

3:PM - £1.10 Rebuy PLO8 BH (£100 GTD)
    4:PM - £2.20 PLO8 BH (£100 GTD)
    5:PM - £3.30 PLO8 BH (£100 GTD)
    6:PM - £11 PLO8 BH (£200 GTD)
    7:15PM - £5.50 PLO8 BH (£200 GTD)
    9:15PM - £5.50 PLO8 BH (£200 GTD)

The additional tourneys would allow players of different bankrolls to get involved and help build up the player base. They also wouldn't be competing with any other tourneys due to the big gap in the PLO8 schedule and they may encourage players who have different times available to play to also get involved. It would be really hard to see the additional tourneys suggested struggling to meet their guarantees.

The only potential downside I can think of is a negative impact on PLO8 DYM's but these look to have bottomed out anyway and also do not usually get much traffic in the afternoons. You would also have to hope that if the player base is grown that at some point, some of these players, would eventually start to filter through to the DYM's.

I would understand a reluctance if special privlege was being sought for PLO8 games. However adding a few tourneys which have proven relatively popular into the 4 1/2 hour MTT schedule gap at various buy ins seems like such an easy way to increase the PLO8 player pool, build on the current set up, and should be profitable from Sky's perspective.

Definitely not the most important issue in the world! Would be great if those with their fingers on the magic MTT schedule buttons could consider it though :)

The games would also be congruent with Sky's overall BH set-up.
  • edited March 2017
    I really, really like the idea of a £11 at 6pm. I can then probably play that and the 7.15 one without getting grief from my other half. Bring it on!

• edited March 2017
    Completely killed the DYM's in the evenings.
    Dont have the time to play MTT's.

Ban the BH's !!! :-)

Kudos for getting these games off the ground and good luck to all that play them.

May have to go back to the darkside or give up all together.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: New PLO8 BH MTT's (Could the current set-up be built upon?):
    Completely killed the DYM's in the evenings. Dont have the time to play MTT's. Ban the BH's !!! :-) Kudos for getting these games off the ground and good luck to all that play them. May have to go back to the darkside or give up all together.
    Posted by VespaPX
    IMO, PL08 SNGs have being slowly dying for other reasons, the BH's may well be/have been the final nail so to speak.

No doubt there is a limited pool, the new BHs have detracted from the 20-30 5.5 on some nights.
    One issue (for me) is with 2hrs between them though they are doing ok, if you want to play both you have to spend the entire evening on the poker.

FWIW, I don't think the regs who would play an £11 BH T along with any takers from the holdem crew are ready at 6pm.
    why not scrap the 2x 5.5 BHs on a sunday and have 1 £11?

An early evening mini BH sound like a good idea.