You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited July 2013
    nsdgnlskngkn

Win my first game of the day.... 2nd game of the day,
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BenShabba1 Small blind   25.00 25.00 1520.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1405.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

BenShabba1 Raise   75.00 150.00 1445.00
    Lambert180 Raise   200.00 350.00 1205.00
    BenShabba1 All-in   1445.00 1795.00 0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   1205.00 3000.00 0.00
    BenShabba1 Unmatched bet   90.00 2910.00 90.00
    BenShabba1 Show
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• A

BenShabba1 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 2910.00   3000.00
    gg
  • edited July 2013
    i must say it cheers me up knowing i'm not alone having what seems to be a bad week because of this stupid promo.
    what we should do on Monday is create a post with the head line the big deal has folded finally lol
  • edited July 2013
    Gonna cut my playing short tonight cos I'm just sick to death of running horrible. I'm not stupid, not playing won't change my luck but it will stop me experiencing it right now and I'll be guaranteed to tilt very soon so I'll just stop before I do.

Today Won 4 and Lost 3 so a £3.25 profit.

Here are the last 3 hands from the last game when I decided to just quit. Hand 2 is pointless but there just to show the completeness of how I went from 2200 v 800 to bust in 3 hands in the form of puke
    sylvia1970 Small blind   40.00 40.00 850.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   80.00 120.00 2030.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

sylvia1970 Call   40.00 160.00 810.00
    Lambert180 All-in   2030.00 2190.00 0.00
    sylvia1970 All-in   810.00 3000.00 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   1220.00 1780.00 1220.00
    sylvia1970 Show
    • J

Lambert180 Show
    • K

Flop

• A
    • J

Turn

River

• Q

sylvia1970 Win Pair of Jacks 1780.00   1780.00
    Lambert180 Small blind   40.00 40.00 1180.00
    sylvia1970 Big blind   80.00 120.00 1700.00
      Your hole cards

Lambert180 Fold        
    sylvia1970 Muck        
    sylvia1970 Win   80.00   1780.00
    sylvia1970 Return   40.00 0.00 1820.00
    sylvia1970 Small blind   40.00 40.00 1780.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   80.00 120.00 1100.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

sylvia1970 Call   40.00 160.00 1740.00
    Lambert180 All-in   1100.00 1260.00 0.00
    sylvia1970 Call   1100.00 2360.00 640.00
    sylvia1970 Show
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

sylvia1970 Win Pair of 5s 2360.00   3000.00
    Hand 1 - fantastic hand to limp/call a shove.

Hand 2 - N/A

Hand 3 - The old limp/call with complete bo**ocks again, but who cares, just get there.

WP Madam

#doisoundtilted

Bankroll: £706.14
    Poker Points: 450 (£4.50)
  • edited July 2013

i think you do sound a bit tilted myself.
    i have been feeling a bit tilted myself too and without thinking decided to enter the mini.
    it's probably not the same when we are not able to enjoy the cash tables.
    wish you the luck when the cash tables return to normal.
    maybe try and watch a bit of Wimbledon to get your mind away from poker this week end.

• edited July 2013
    Didn't update yesterday because I hardly played anything but thought I might aswell stick it down cos I'm gonna play a few games now...

I played a massive 1 game @ my normal £5 speeds and won it. Then played my forum HU games with BBmike and lost 2-1 to him @ £1 Turbos so for the whole day made £3.60 profit. Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Spent the rest of the night playing Dragon Age: Origins on the Xbox. My first time of playing it and I'm loving it so far, so that'll probably take more time away from me playing pokerz.

Bankroll: £709.74
    Poker Points: 456 (£4.56)
  • edited July 2013
    I managed to play my first session in a few days that didn't consist of about 2 games, and managed to come away with a small win.

I won 9 games and lost 6, as usual all £5 Speeds, for a profit of £11.25.

Might play some more later, but more likely it'll be more Xbox... depends how I feel.

Bankroll: £720.99
    Poker Points: 501 (£5.01)
  • edited July 2013
    Hey Mate, nice profit!

Would you fancy doing the draw for round 3 of the HU Tournie in a few days time?

There will only be 6 names:D
  • edited July 2013
    Was a pretty good day all round today. Made profits in my HU SnGs which is no easy task at the moment, and managed to get 2 small scores in MTTs. On the topic of HU SnGs, was discussing some things with Dohhh about the Speeds cos I haven't been playing them long and think he's found and helped me plug a pretty big leak.

Anyways, I Won 14 games and lost 11, so a profit of £8.75

I decided to play that Syndicate freeroll earlier in the week because after hearing about it sounds like there's loads of value in it because it's a timed tourney where loads of people don't even show up. Well I got into it through that satellite in the week, played it tonight and managed to get a nice bink

Lambert180    16987.50        £37.35

Not bad for a freeroll.

Then I played the DTD. Busted out of 2 of them probably about an hour in both in fairly horrible fashion.

DTD 1 - I 3bet KK and c-bet on 579, villian shoves with 66, I snap and it comes turn 3, river 4 for a straight.

DTD 3 - Don't remember action throughout the hand but we got to the river on a non paired board, Solack ships the river with the 8high flush, I snap him off with the K high flush.... sadly the guy behind snaps me off with the A high flush lol (only 3 clubs on board so we all had 2 hole card flushes).

DTD 2 went a bit better and I made it to the FT as chip leader. Got down to 3handed and I minraise/called it off with 22, was holding v AT until the T on the river which left me with a bowl that I couldn't rebuild so another small bink there.

bugsytwo    1070000    1    £57.48
    neil1970          0            2    £34.30
    Lambert180    0            3    £20.46

So wins in all formats today and a nice little boost to the roll after a horrible few days/weeks. Total profit of £61.05 for the day

Bankroll: £782.04
    Poker Points: 581 (£5.81)

• edited July 2013
    Played quite a few HU SnGs today. Got in one battle with a guy where I won a standard race in the first game to win and he had a bit of a rant, so admittedly I did deliberately try to tilt him lol... played him 3-4 more times and won them all.

Really tiny profit again, but slowly turning round that bad start. Won 22 games and lost 19 for a £4.75 profit

Bankroll: £786.79
    Poker Points: 704 (£7.04)
  • edited July 2013
    Played a very small session of HU SnGs yesterday just while Emma was watching her soaps. Still really struggling to get that bit of help you need to string a few wins together so it's constantly 2 steps forward and 1 step back, but that still means I'm moving forward slowly.

I won 6 games and lost 5 for a profit of £2.25.

Also, I managed to bink a free Primo seat last night on 861 for sending in advice to Charlotte Jackson's questions around set mining, bet sizing and chasing FDs. Pretty shocked I beat BorinLoner tbh as he is the king of excellent, lengthy advice on solid poker fundamentals.

Bankroll: £789.04
    Poker Points: 737 (£7.37)
  • edited July 2013

How do Lambert, good to see the roll starting to move up.

Which format would you consider your favourite to play as opposed to most profitable and why?

How you feel about Evertons early business and is there gonna be any big out goings?

• edited July 2013
    Hey AJ,

Yeah things are going a bit better, no big winning sessions but that's because I haven't really been playing cash. That wasn't a conscious decision, just took a break during that cash promo and haven't got round to getting back to it, will deffo be soon though.

Favourite format is probably MTTs for the same old reason everyone gives... it's got an end goal, you know what you're aiming for so it's not like hand number 1 is just exactly the same as hand number 1000, dynamics change throughout. Also nothing beats the feeling of FT'ing or taking down the lot.

I used to always play cash cos it was my most profitable game even though I didn't really enjoy it, but as my game has improved and I feel like less of a button clicker I enjoy it a lot more now.

Tbh, I've been completely out of touch with football since the season ended, I don't even know what's going on atm so will have to do some googling and get back to you on this one. I hope we don't lose Bainesm Jagielka or Fellaini though
  • edited July 2013
    I just finished a small session of HU SnGs and for the first time since I've started playing them again, things went my way. Obviously not everything went my way, I did manage to lose AQ v AT aipf twice against the same opponent in the same game! Pretty bizarre and pretty annoying when you keep knocking them down then you go for the win and they do that... twice :p

But yeah, overall I managed to hold when I got it in good and that's the main thing I've been unable to do recently so I won 8 games and lost 2 for a profit of £27.50

Oh and I played that Syndicate freeroll again and got into the Monday game, so hopefully that horse bet comes through @ 3/1.... be a nice prizepool.

Back above the £800 mark which is always nice and feeling ready to get back into cash. Not tonight though, I'm gonna play a bit of Xbox then get an early night because we're off to the beach (Bournemouth) tomorrow with the kids and Emma wants to leave at .... 8am!!

Bankroll: £816.54
    Poker Points: 767 (£7.67)
  • edited July 2013
    Had a bit of an interesting event the other day. As readers will know me and Emma recently got a couple of kittens which are now just shy of 5 months so still very young. The boy (Sly) has been 'done' but apparently girls get 'done' later (Emma is the cat expert) so Zelda still hasn't been 'done'.

So for that reason we haven't been letting them out properly, we let them run around the garden etc while we're outside but Zelda has been slowly getting more and more adventurous recently and this culminated on Friday night when she decided to quickly jump up a post in your garden, then onto our shed, then into the garden of the people who live behind us. I went round to their house but they weren't home so then spent a pretty long time looking crazy stood on a stool over our fence trying to encourage her to come back while shaking a tub of cat biscuits... she's still quite young though and there wasn't anything for her to climb up on. Eventually the owner of the house came home, let me in their garden and I managed to hunt her down.

==================================================================================

Went to Bournemouth beach yesterday with Emma and the kids (my first time in Bournemouth). As expected the beach was completely jam packed and it was an absolute nightmare finding a car park that wasn't full but was a great day once we finally got settled down. Being a standard english stupid bloke, I didn't put sun cream on and now look like a lobster.

Here's a pic from my pre-lobster time. Yes before anyone asks... I only own black socks! And the sun was behind Emma hence the eye situation.

===============================================================================

The evil penguin did some breakdowns of my SS for me earlier so thought I'd post them up.

Pretty interesting... for me anyway. Nice to see I'm pretty much winning all round, and there's just a few things of note.

1) My SnG ROI (which is 90% HU SnGs) is not nearly as good as I'd like.

2) The only MTTs that Sky run that I'd ever play in the £13 - £25 category is the £24 SPT Semis which I know I've blown a fair amount of money on, but I've played pretty much every SPT for the last like 18 months so small price to pay for tons of great weekends.

3) I do alot better in MTTs than I thought and am doing better than I thought in all MTTs up to £11. The £25+ MTTs doesn't look great but it's such a tiny sample that I'm sure even MattBates could run like that over the course of only 23 games. On top of that, I very very rarely ever pay to play a ME cos they're usually outside my BR but I have had like 2 free Primo seats, probably 3-4 free £33 BH seats and a couple for the Friday rebuy (when it was the Friday rebuy), so of the amount lost there about £250 of it wasn't my money :)

Obv SS is never 100% accurate because everytime I play a rebuy, my rebuys don't get counted so it looks better than it should, but then every time I take a head in a BH it isn't counted and as 90% of MTTs on Sky are BHs, I'd guess that's a decent chunk missing.

===========================================================================

Got me free entry for the Primo tonight so will be playing the Mini too obv and will have a look if there's any other decent MTTs running around the same time. Hopefully turn around that />£25 bit tonight!
  • edited July 2013
    Phew! Well that was a real grind!! I played the mini and bust that very early in a flip 44 v A9o.

Started the main really well, was up to about 11k before by the first break at about 9pm. Then DeviantSD sat directly to my left and it all went very pear shaped, in a number of pots he halved my stack and I thankfully got a table move when I had about 5-6k left.

This table was much better and I started to rebuild my stack up to about 10k again. Not much of note for a while, got up to around 15k, and got it in on the stone bubble 4handed with AQs v 89o to lose and get left with 1xBB. Obv got pretty lucky in a couple of spots to spin up a little bit to about 5k and manage to scrape my way through the bubble. Then doubled A9o v KQs to really get back into the game and have just shy of 10xBB. Shoved the button the very next hand with K9o, called by A8o and couldn't get there so bust out in 17th (18 paid)

Still a very decent cash for a free entry :)

Lambert180    0    17    £117.45

And I made a start on what I said above about improving that MTTs />£25 graph

Bankroll: £928.49
    Poker Points: 822 (£8.22)
  • edited July 2013
    Not so much a question of choice of colour.
    More that it's 30* and you're on a beach with socks on!
    Weirdo
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Not so much a question of choice of colour. More that it's 30* and you're on a beach with socks on! Weirdo
    Posted by Jac35
    Lol that picture was taken like 10 seconds after getting onto the beach. The socks did come off shortly after this photo!
  • edited July 2013
    It begs the question, what else do you do where you leave your socks on?!
  • edited July 2013
    well done with the MTT paul nice recovery BTW.
    you seem to have much more luck than me.
    how do you treat AKs during the early parts of MTT especially if you have got lots of callers and have missed?
    AK AQ and AJs I seem to find really difficult knowing where to proceed if I had missed the on the flop.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm really not that lucky Craig, obv I got lucky to spin it back up and manage to scrape a cash but I wouldn't say it's lucky to get it in on the stone bubble with AQs and lose to 89o lol. Swings and roundabouts.

AKs is a big hand but if it goes multiway and I have no pair, no draw, then just give up. In the early stages you'll have invested a really small amount of your stack to see the flop and there's just no need to gift away your stack by trying to win every hand. Early doors I play a really wide range but if you're gonna do that then you need to be able to know when to let you go and when you can bully people.... generally multiway in a pot with no pair, no draw isn't a good time to bully.

Extra thanks to Arazi too for your PM midway through, it was very helpful, just a shame an opportunity didn't arise for me to use it.

Forgot to say last night but thanks for the rail from everybody in the Primo, it was great and helped me stay focussed. Being watched always prevents me from doing anything stupid and spewy cos I don't wanna look like an idiot, so thanks to Arazi, Larson, Craig, Skeg, Dohhhh, Acidman, Geldy and Emma (who on the bubble had the other table open and was calling the runout and told me a guy had bust).

Funny thing that actually, Emma told me a guy had bust on the bubble, I wouldn't normally be that bothered but when you've been knocked down to like 2xBB it's a nice relief. So I hear he's bust and think 'thank god' and I was in the BB with 58o with 2xBB (1 of which was already in the middle) so relieved about cashing I called it off to spin it up, but stupidly didn't realise that I had the lesser chips out of me and the other guy so if I lost I'd have still bubbled!! My 58o managed to beat something like KJo. Phew!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    I'm really not that lucky Craig, obv I got lucky to spin it back up and manage to scrape a cash but I wouldn't say it's lucky to get it in on the stone bubble with AQs and lose to 89o lol. Swings and roundabouts. AKs is a big hand but if it goes multiway and I have no pair, no draw, then just give up. In the early stages you'll have invested a really small amount of your stack to see the flop and there's just no need to gift away your stack by trying to win every hand. Early doors I play a really wide range but if you're gonna do that then you need to be able to know when to let you go and when you can bully people.... generally multiway in a pot with no pair, no draw isn't a good time to bully. Extra thanks to Arazi too for your PM midway through, it was very helpful, just a shame an opportunity didn't arise for me to use it. Forgot to say last night but thanks for the rail from everybody in the Primo, it was great and helped me stay focussed. Being watched always prevents me from doing anything stupid and spewy cos I don't wanna look like an idiot, so thanks to Arazi, Larson, Craig, Skeg, Dohhhh, Acidman, Geldy and Emma (who on the bubble had the other table open and was calling the runout and told me a guy had bust). Funny thing that actually, Emma told me a guy had bust on the bubble, I wouldn't normally be that bothered but when you've been knocked down to like 2xBB it's a nice relief. So I hear he's bust and think 'thank god' and I was in the BB with 58o with 2xBB (1 of which was already in the middle) so relieved about cashing I called it off to spin it up, but stupidly didn't realise that I had the lesser chips out of me and the other guy so if I lost I'd have still bubbled!! My 58o managed to beat something like KJo. Phew!
    Posted by Lambert180
    How do you explain the bubble call just after the other fella had busted then? ;)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 ----- : How do you explain the bubble call just after the other fella had busted then? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can't lol. Pure stupidity cos I somehow thought the cash was locked up.
  • edited July 2013
    haha so did I tbh, it was just an afterthought long after you'd called,and they were dealing the turn.

Can't even remember the hands!

Would have gone down as the worst ICM decision of all time,and be the nut sickest way to bubble.

Thankfully not even you run that bad ;)

Nice grinding to lock the cash up anyway, good boost to the roll!
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah Emma told me to wait, and I thought she meant wait until I see if this guy wins the race... what she meant was, he's lost and I now need to fold!
  • edited July 2013
    Bournemouth, thats a long way to go to get a bit of sun! Although its nowhere near as tacky as blackpool....

Good to see your roll is going north again, seems like the hu challenges are grinding to a halt with benc going on hols and JJ watching sport rather than grinding, idk. 

Syndicate freeroll is on again tonight, chance for more free monies, the qualifier always bugs me the way some people play it uber agg. 
  • edited July 2013
    Well I live in West Oxfordshire so it's less than 2 hours drive to Bournemouth (just), it's the nearest coast.

Yeah I'm in the Syndicate freeroll again, will be playing that alongside the DTD. Just as a funny fact for you... in the qualifier where 200 go through to the timed freeroll.... JJ came 201st lol.

Things are going better recently yeh, decent bink in that freeroll last week, a DTD FT, a Primo cash from a freebie, and I've started turning round the HU results and won back most of what I'd lost early.
  • edited July 2013
    Bournemouth is the best beach in the uk i love it there all sand no pebbles 
  • edited July 2013
    Bournemouth, thats a long way to go to get a bit of sun! Although its nowhere near as tacky as blackpool....
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    You just made the list.
  • edited July 2013
    Well I live in West Oxfordshire so it's less than 2 hours drive to Bournemouth (just), it's the nearest coast. Yeah I'm in the Syndicate freeroll again, will be playing that alongside the DTD. Just as a funny fact for you... in the qualifier where 200 go through to the timed freeroll.... JJ came 201st lol. Things are going better recently yeh, decent bink in that freeroll last week, a DTD FT, a Primo cash from a freebie, and I've started turning round the HU results and won back most of what I'd lost early.
    Posted by Lambert180

Ahh didn't realise you're an adopted southerner paul! Yes I am fully aware of the bubble for tonights syndicate freeroll, apparently he was absent, but thats standard imo!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 ----- : You just made the list.
    Posted by BorinLoner

The last government tried to glam blackpool up by allowing super casinos. It would take more than that trust me !

3 stag do's in blackpool make you never ever want to go back again!