You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Borins list.

Could be an awesome diary!
    Obv not as good as this one though,  unless you can upload pics of you in your favourite beach socks.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    the qualifier always bugs me the way some people play it uber agg. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    not talking about me then
    only "played" it once and qualified
    even though i sat out the whole time
  • edited July 2013
    Nice cash it was an exciting bubble lol, it was fun watching with everyone else on the forum, i still have no idea how i managed to find the tournament to watch it, never mind why i was there in the first place lol.

nice to see you're back up to 900 quid now, still think you will get £2500 by the end of 2013?
  • edited July 2013
    wasnt lying ;)
    swordsyboy Small blind   300.00 300.00 11932.50
    CATCH-22 Big blind   600.00 900.00 13767.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Raise   1200.00 2100.00 26029.00
    hhyftrftdr Fold        
    gazza127 Raise   2400.00 4500.00 21905.00
    Lumo1978 Fold        
    swordsyboy Fold        
    CATCH-22 Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   1200.00 5700.00 24829.00
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Check        
    gazza127 Check        
    Turn

• J

Lambert180 Bet   2200.00 7900.00 22629.00
    gazza127 Call   2200.00 10100.00 19705.00
    River

Lambert180 Bet   5950.00 16050.00 16679.00
    gazza127 All-in   19705.00 35755.00 0.00
    Lambert180 Fold        
    gazza127 Muck        
    gazza127 Win   22000.00   22000.00
    gazza127 Return   13755.00 0.00 35755.00
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    I'm really not that lucky Craig, obv I got lucky to spin it back up and manage to scrape a cash but I wouldn't say it's lucky to get it in on the stone bubble with AQs and lose to 89o lol. Swings and roundabouts. AKs is a big hand but if it goes multiway and I have no pair, no draw, then just give up. In the early stages you'll have invested a really small amount of your stack to see the flop and there's just no need to gift away your stack by trying to win every hand. Early doors I play a really wide range but if you're gonna do that then you need to be able to know when to let you go and when you can bully people.... generally multiway in a pot with no pair, no draw isn't a good time to bully. Extra thanks to Arazi too for your PM midway through, it was very helpful, just a shame an opportunity didn't arise for me to use it. Forgot to say last night but thanks for the rail from everybody in the Primo, it was great and helped me stay focussed. Being watched always prevents me from doing anything stupid and spewy cos I don't wanna look like an idiot, so thanks to Arazi, Larson, Craig, Skeg, Dohhhh, Acidman, Geldy and Emma (who on the bubble had the other table open and was calling the runout and told me a guy had bust). Funny thing that actually, Emma told me a guy had bust on the bubble, I wouldn't normally be that bothered but when you've been knocked down to like 2xBB it's a nice relief. So I hear he's bust and think 'thank god' and I was in the BB with 58o with 2xBB (1 of which was already in the middle) so relieved about cashing I called it off to spin it up, but stupidly didn't realise that I had the lesser chips out of me and the other guy so if I lost I'd have still bubbled!! My 58o managed to beat something like KJo. Phew!
    Posted by Lambert180
    maybe I shall put an advert on my diary saying when I am in a tournament then if I know I am being watched I will be more sensible I did do good myself in the very last tournament that day while I was watching you in the primo.
  • edited July 2013
    @ Skeg - yeah still pretty confident I can back up to £2.5k before the end of the year, just have to stop being so lazy and get back to grinding cash. In January of this year I had £100, by April I had £1800, there was maybe £400-£500 worth of MTT binks in there but the rest was cash, so I know I can do it.

@ Gazza - very nice hand, I was pretty sure you were being honest at the table when you said you had quads. I had A9o.

================================================================================

Since the last update, the only thing I've done is play the DTD which went awful as it has done all month so that's -£5.50.

And I played a few HU SnGs. Won 20 games, lost 17... I think, I dunno I lost track obv, but I know that my BR has went up by 75p lol so I must have won the £5.50 of my DTD back + 75p so £6.25 profit. Gradually getting back to break even for the month on HU SnGs... Could someone who has SS skope me for July plz :)

Tbh, after seeing the breakdown Pingu gave me and seeing my lifetime ROI at HU games is only 0.5%, it's pretty horrible, really dunno why it's that low cos without being funny I'm so much better at HU than most of the people I play... surely I can't be running that bad over 4k games... who knows. Either way I need to get back to cash.

Bankroll: £929.24
    Poker Points: 932 (£9.32)
  • edited July 2013
    Got a quick HU SnG session in (and I do mean quick), have only been 1tabling tho for the last week or two to get the most out of my edge and try to book some wins, so only played 6 games. Five (I think) of these games were all against the same opponent and finally I dished out what I've been on the receiving end of for weeks, I basically just won every single race. I don't recall winning any nasty ones but just held in all my 60/40s, won every flip and got there in most 40/60s.

Ended up winning 6 out of 6 games for a profit of £28.50, must be close to being back in the black now if I'm not already there. Come on Sharkscopers, give me something to be happy about lol.

Right, now I'm off to enjoy a BBQ :)

Bankroll: £957.74
    Poker Points: 950 (£9.50)
  • edited July 2013
    Played: 294
    Profit: -£5.81
    ROI: -0.9%

Month to Date ^^^.

Well done the other night, was silently railing for a lot of it.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks Splashies, after getting off to a -£100 start in the first day or two I'm happy to have that back to near enough break even. Will be mostly playing cash for the rest of the month but will probably play enough to get in the black (if things don't all go wrong).

FWIW, here is the first SS this month Wason did for me in JJ's diary after a couple of days...

Games Played 140
    Av Profit -£0.73
    Av Stake £4.98
    Total ROI -13.9%
    Profit -£102

Cheers for the rail too, hope I didn't do anything too spewy while you were being a rail ninja lol
  • edited July 2013
    Small loss on the HU since last update. Played a few last night after my update and a load more this morning. Ran pretty brutal last night, but had a tiny like 4-5 game heater this morning.... wish my heaters lasted longer :(

Anyway, I won 28 games and lost 29 for a loss of £19.25 BUT... had some issues when playing this morning, probably carried out problems from the outage last night but was in a Hyper and unable to make any actions even though I had another table open at the time and was playing fine. It had the 'I'm back' button there but clicking on it did nothing, so I moaned at CC and they gave me £6 back (for a £5.25 Hyper).

So an actual loss of £13.25 so far today.

Bankroll: £944.49
    Poker Points: 1121 (£11.21)
  • edited July 2013
    Get back on the cash tables mate thats where the money is

GL
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I know mate, I've just been using them as filler really cos I haven't been finding the time to sit down and grind for a long period all in one go, whereas HU SnGs you can just squeeze a few in here and there.

Definitely gotta get back to cash though, that certainly is where the money is at, especially after seeing how low my HU SnG ROI is over the like 5k games I've played on here.
  • edited July 2013
    Played a few HU games this morning. Almost had a dream 'spot' at one point, 2 tabling against the same guy in both and he disconnects lol... he came back pretty quickly and we won 1 each, sigh. Definitely running bad in terms of disco players, either that or improvements in Sky's software has resolved issues for a lot of players, used to get like 2-3 disconnects per 100 games, think I've only had 1 out of about 400 games this month, hard times ;)

Anyway, I won 10 and lost 8 for a profit of £5.50

I think I might jump on some cash tables later and get back on that horse, depends what the games are like though, speaking to others it seems like action has completely died at 30NL (40NL was always dead) but dunno what things are like at 20NL.

I am now rolled enough where I'm happy to play 30NL again but will probably ease myself back in at 20NL.... all depends where the value is though.

Wanting to get the roll back to 4 figures before the end of the month which (varience permitting) should be pretty easy, but we all know what poker can be like.

Bankroll: £949.99
    Poker Points: 1175 (£11.75)
  • edited July 2013
    Played a few HU games this morning. Almost had a dream 'spot' at one point, 2 tabling against the same guy in both and he disconnects lol... he came back pretty quickly and we won 1 each, sigh. Definitely running bad in terms of disco players, either that or improvements in Sky's software has resolved issues for a lot of players, used to get like 2-3 disconnects per 100 games, think I've only had 1 out of about 400 games this month, hard times ;) Anyway, I won 10 and lost 8 for a profit of £5.50 I think I might jump on some cash tables later and get back on that horse, depends what the games are like though, speaking to others it seems like action has completely died at 30NL (40NL was always dead) but dunno what things are like at 20NL. I am now rolled enough where I'm happy to play 30NL again but will probably ease myself back in at 20NL.... all depends where the value is though. Wanting to get the roll back to 4 figures before the end of the month which (varience permitting) should be pretty easy, but we all know what poker can be like. Bankroll: £949.99 Poker Points: 1175 (£11.75)
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'd say this is a good result, I must win < 35% against disco'd players who return.

Karma!
  • edited July 2013
    Just play 20nl and mix in whatever 30nl games are going. It seems strange to me when people only play one level at a time. If you spot some easy nl10/50 games there's nothing stopping you sitting down there too. 

Table selection ftw. 
  • edited July 2013
    Just play 20nl and mix in whatever 30nl games are going. It seems strange to me when people only play one level at a time. If you spot some easy nl10/50 games there's nothing stopping you sitting down there too.  Table selection ftw. 
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Yeah 100% agree, that's why I said it just depends where the value is. I've sat at 40NL before cos I spotted a good table but that was when my roll was like £1.5k+ wouldn't feel comfortable jumping into 50NL now unless there was some pretty MAJOR value.

But yeah I'm happy playing across multiple levels, although truth be told I probably never bother looking as low as 10NL when maybe I should as oppose to choosing a bad 20NL table.
  • edited July 2013
    Your up to £900+ well done mate, last time I read on here you was around mid £700 and thinking of dropping down levels.  Glad its picked up, keep it going GL!
  • edited July 2013
    Wow Lambert last time I was on here you where at NL4 well done if it all through grinding awesome!
  • edited July 2013
    Wow Lambert last time I was on here you where at NL4 well done if it all through grinding awesome!
    Posted by Batkin88
    Cheers. Yeah I aint deposited anything if that's what you mean, I've had a couple of MTT binks (although ploughed most of that back into the system by bricking so many MTTs lol) but most of it has come from cash yeh.

I did have £1800 a month ago (gotta get the brag in lol) but June did not go too well... be back there soon though.
  • edited July 2013
    Well Emma has managed to get herself back hooked on The Sims, so what better opportunity to finally get myself back into cash poker than when the other half is away in a world of her own playing The Sims :)

Thankfully I came back to a win, there's nothing worse than being away for a while, coming back feeling really fresh only to get smacked in the face by variance.

Here's 2 hands where me and that evil penguin chap exchanged BIs. First one is pretty much a cooler once I peel pre V him. Second one is a really horrible cool but meh
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    craigieboy Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £24.72
    EvilPingu Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £21.44
    rancid Sit out        
      Your hole cards

grimmace Fold        
    lammin Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £38.79
    craigieboy Fold        
    EvilPingu Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £19.64
    Lambert180 Call   £1.40 £4.10 £37.39
    Flop

EvilPingu Bet   £2.40 £6.50 £17.24
    Lambert180 Call   £2.40 £8.90 £34.99
    Turn

EvilPingu Bet   £4.80 £13.70 £12.44
    Lambert180 Call   £4.80 £18.50 £30.19
    River

EvilPingu All-in   £12.44 £30.94 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call   £12.44 £43.38 £17.75
    EvilPingu Show
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Show

Lambert180 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 8s £41.58   £59.33
    Lambert180 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £31.86
    HomeDragon Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £35.81
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

therckt Fold        
    jocksrock Fold        
    EvilPingu Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.13
    mazmic01 Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.70 £2.60 £30.16
    HomeDragon Fold        
    EvilPingu Call   £1.20 £3.80 £17.93
    Flop

• A
    • K

Lambert180 Bet   £2.10 £5.90 £28.06
    EvilPingu Call   £2.10 £8.00 £15.83
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £4.20 £12.20 £23.86
    EvilPingu Call   £4.20 £16.40 £11.63
    River

Lambert180 All-in   £23.86 £40.26 £0.00
    EvilPingu All-in   £11.63 £51.89 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £12.23 £39.66 £12.23
    Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • K

EvilPingu Show
    • J
    • Q

EvilPingu Win Straight to the Ace £37.86   £37.86
    Anway, played 6tables for 2 hours (4 x 20NL and 2 x 30NL) and made a profit of £56.20 so I've met my target of being back above £1k by the end of the month, just need to maintain it and hopefully build upon it now.

It's nice to be back to 4 figures, let's hope it stays that way.

Bankroll: £1,006.19
    Poker Points: 1376 (£13.76)
  • edited July 2013

with hand 2
    what i would be thinking is the diamond coming on the turn should be the warning to anyone who has two pair that a raise should be made now that flushes are possible as well as the straight because if they called again they are going to end up either loosing out on value or in a difficult spot when a J Q or diamond does come unless it is Jd or Qd. so when he is just calling the turn aswell and because a brick has came on the river if you make the shove i wouldn't be thinking that many hands will call now that are still behind.

it doesn't mean i would C/F the river all i am thinking now is how about letting him try a bluff with his AQ AJ KJ or AXs and if it was QJ you can just think well played.

• edited July 2013
    Maybe I'm wrong and he is forum banned so can't post to confirm, but we have a fair bit of history and know each other's game fairly well.

By the river he only has £11 in a pot that is already £16 so he's not folding any decent showdown hand. He might not like it but he'd probably pay me off with AQ imo and maybe AJ. He won't pay off KJ but then don't think he'll ever turn AQ/AJ/KJ into a bluff anyway cos he knows I won't fold better hands than he's shoving so he'll just check back and I'll definitely get no value. He also pays me off when he's peeled KTs (dunno if he'd peel IP w/ KTo)

After flatting the 3bet I think pretty much the only hands he can reasonably have that beat me are TT and QJ

He also knows I'm more than capable of 3betting a hand like 89s and then just 3barrelling with a missed board like this that should hit my range well.
  • edited July 2013
    in another way although I said he might turn AQ into a bluff but then again would he not do a reraise preflop with that.
    it's probably hard because I don't know that guy very well. it is suprising really that it wasn't in on the turn, he was probably lucky that you had AK and the river did come a blank because if a 10 J or Q came that wasn't a diamond then he would have been the one who lost value.
    UL BTW
  • edited July 2013
    Well I've already 3bet pre, he might 4bet AQ sometimes but more often that not he'll flat the 3bet I think.

Well he doesn't raise because he doesn't know I'm as strong as AK, he knows I can have weaker value hands and bluffs and he knows if he raises there's very little I can call with. He's not gonna be scared of getting outdrawn cos the number of safe river cards massively outweigh the ones that are dangerous or stop him getting paid. Again even if he is 'scared' there's no point raising cos he can't get called by many worse hands and flatting keeps in all my weak hands and bluffs.
  • edited July 2013
    Well tonight was pretty brutal in terms of swings, can't remember a night where I've played so many big pots (winning & losing) or ran hands like TPTK or TP + FD into AA/KK and brick. Despite only a small win, on 1 of my tables I had my biggest ever stack on a cash table of just shy of £120 @ 20NL.

I did the old set over set trick on DTM but then he returned the favour a little later by set over setting me.

I played for about 4 hours, 6tabling 20NL and 30NL and finished with a profit of +£25.38 so it's not all doom and gloom but it could have been so much more if I hadn't been coolered and bad beat to death. Big positives to come back winning though.

Bankroll: £1,031.57
    Poker Points: 1717 (£17.17)
  • edited July 2013
    Good to see ya back playing cash mate and the BR starting to creep up again

I joined one of your tables for about 5 mins last night when i was bored and said hi but think you musta been on a few tables at the time and didnt notice

Good Luck
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers Arazi, yeh sorry was 6tabling and didn't even notice you appear on my table but would have been in mini view anyway.

I was just telling someone about this hand earlier so thought I'd post it. Just to show it wasn't all one way traffic last night, here is the most brutal cooler I've seen for a looong time.
    RyanCraze Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.74
    AyrGraeme Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
      Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £55.56
    zinfan Fold        
    X Call   £0.60 £1.50 £30.40
    MrBlake Call   £0.60 £2.10 £11.35
    RyanCraze Fold        
    AyrGraeme Fold        
    Flop

• Q

Lambert180 Bet   £1.00 £3.10 £54.56
    X Call   £1.00 £4.10 £29.40
    MrBlake Fold        
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £2.10 £6.20 £52.46
    X Call   £2.10 £8.30 £27.30
    River

• K

Lambert180 Bet   £5.50 £13.80 £46.96
    X Raise   £12.40 £26.20 £14.90
    Lambert180 All-in   £46.96 £73.16 £0.00
    X All-in   £14.90 £88.06 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £25.16 £62.90 £25.16
    Lambert180 Show

X Show
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Win Four 6s £61.10   £86.26
    Maybe next time they won't slowplay QQ pre ;)
  • edited July 2013
    N1 on getting back into 4 figures - GL with it

Onwards and upwards
  • edited July 2013
    Played DTD tonight and have just bust out of my last one. MTTs can be so freaking tilting sometimes, how you can be crushing then in the space of like 4 hands get coolered, lose a flip, lose a flip and boom, you've gone from cruising with 60xBB to out in like <2 mins. The other two, I can't remember my exits but they weren't pretty, they were mostly me making moves.

Meh, played the DTD every week this month and despite FT'ing the £1 game once, I don't think I got a combined score <100 once lol.

On the bright side, I played that Syndicate Freeroll again tonight and sadly the bet lost so our 2000 chips were worth about £1.25 but I managed to chip up a bit and cash for £7.44 so at least I freerolled the DTD where I played like a donkey :)

Off to de-tilt over a bit of Dragon Age on the Xbox

Bankroll: £1,033.51
    Poker Points: 1722 (£17.22)
  • edited July 2013
    Rather ironic that you blame bad beats and coolers for not winning more, yet you win a £61 pot through coolering some other chap.