You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Chin up mate.  May only be 10p/20p but I find the swings can well eh be swingy!

My first 4 days of the month:  -211, +73, -164 +298.  Still leaves me down for the month but who cares when we play for the love of the game. ;-)
  • edited September 2013
    Well yeah it's not hard to have a + or - £200 day when you're putting in big volume. I've had some more horrible sessions since my last post but just finished up my Friday night session and that has dug me a small way out of the hole.
  • edited September 2013
    BUMP

Where's the Blog Paul??

I've been on tenterhooks for days now.....
  • edited September 2013

liberty !

Gonna have to start a new thread...

where is the blog ?
  • edited September 2013
    Lol Tikay told me at the SPT that he hasn't forgot and he will do it. Should be very soon I'd imagine.

I'll probably be busto by the time he uploads it tho ;)

Started the month off -20 BIs within about 4 days then got some confidence back as I won 10 BIs over the next 2 sessions... then dropped them 10BIs again in my very next session, so back to being -20 BIs so far this month. It's been a fun 9 days! Gotz to love variance :)

Good job they got these double points on... might end up break even with them ;)

• edited September 2013
    Im looking forward to the thread mate, im sure it will be an interesting read.

You don't seem to be, as you described it, a "tilt monster" no more, well done haha.

GL at the tables!
  • edited September 2013
     You're on all hours of the day and night at the mo (holidays?, new job?, no job?, gone Pro?) so the 30-40k in Rewards points should comfortably outweigh your losses thus far.... :)

Hope it turns for you....
  • edited September 2013
    All will be revealed in the blog but yeah there's no hiding the fact I'm on alot now lol. I'm prodominantly playing 20NL with bits of 30/40NL mixed in too so 30-40k is gonna be tough going (I'm not a machine like DTM). I should comfortably get 20k+ this month I think but yeah trying to focus on actually winning money at the tables.

Last month was the first month I put a ton of hours in and that's what the blog is all about. Assuming this period of runbad goes away at somepoint soon, I think I'll be playing 50NL soon where I'll hopefully be making more £££ and then 30-40k points is probably alot easier to get.
  • edited September 2013
    Looking forward to the blog fella, stay positive and all that... gotta ride the lows as well as the highs tbh and the difference between the real players and the bustos is how you handle yourself when things dont go your way. Good luck 
  • edited September 2013
    Cant you make a living playing killer pool?
  • edited September 2013
    If only I was capable of potting a single ball then maybe ;) I'd completely lost my skillz obv, when I was a kid we had a 6ft snooker table in the garage (it was a double garage) and I used to play on that for hours and hours every single day and was a bit of a beast... but a combination of not touching a pool cue for about 10 years and a few pints changed things a little.

Cheers TPTP, yeah I had a good chat with DTM about variance actually at the SPT on the weekend. A few things he said really stuck in my mind about avoiding tilting or at least avoiding playing while you are tilted.
  • edited September 2013
    When's the blog happening then?! :P

Surely you can't lose it completely after 10 years, I'm sure if you picked up a pool cue again you could get back to being almost as good as you were! Be interesting to have a game with you if we ever meet at an SPT. I'm going to plan on going one again in the next 12 months or so!!
  • edited September 2013
    Don't ask Ivan, cos I have no idea! lol. Very soon I hope.

Well yeah I'm sure I'd pick it up again probably within a game or two but bear in mind this was just killer pool (where you get 3 lives) so I basically only got to take 3 shots and standard Lambert runbad I got left in pretty awful situations to pot a ball on each of my turns lol.

I dunno if you're gonna make it but I'm almost certain to be at the grand final in October, deffo up for a game at one of the SPTs anyway whenever you make it.
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah Killer Pool can be proper frustrating!!  For some reason I have less confidence in shots as well when I play killer pool... shots that I'd make in a normal game suddenly seem really hard in killer pool!!

I don't know... really would like to be able to make it. If I can make priority again this month and can get to 2k then I will probably decide to buy in direct. I might have a go at some satellites, but never seem to have much luck with satellites!!
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah I hate satellites... a couple of times I have took the lazy route and just bought in direct but £330 is a bit pricey. I'm in a similar spot to you now, got a little over £2k and I've already practically made Priority this month (just shy of 10k points atm)... aiming for 20k points, but £330 is still a bit steep for my situation.

Btw, I'm thinking about whacking my blog onto a blogging website if someone wants to tell me a decent (free) one just so I can get it out there... so I'll post here if I do.
  • edited September 2013
    Sigh... near miss for me tonight. Took a night off my usual grind and Emma persuaded me to play the same €2 deepstack that she was playing (on a different site) so was doing that just in the background of other bits like playing the Xbox.

1608 runners started and I just bust about 10 mins ago in 19th for a pretty sigh €15.19 :(

There was €572.59 FTW and I was really hoping a decent score in this could make me dodge the nightmare of qualifying for the SPT Grand Final but it was not to be. Everything was going great, I was 1st with 30 left but then I lost a big flip w/ AQ v 22 ... thought it was gonna be mine on the K99 flop but 2 bricks came down and it was all kinda downhill from there.

It has given me an idea tho... I have a small roll on this other site and think I'm just gonna grind a few MTTs on there alongside my normal cash and if I can win €300 or thereabouts in the next few weeks, I'll just BI direct.
  • edited September 2013
    xxxxxxxx> lambert you are the only decent player at this table, the rest are dionk fish

^^ posted on 1 of our tables just now. Had always feared I was a donk fish, must be true :(
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    xxxxxxxx /> lambert you are the only decent player at this table, the rest are dionk fish ^^ posted on 1 of our tables just now. Had always feared I was a donk fish, must be true :(
    Posted by splashies
    Lol well I didn't wanna break it to you mate... ;)

You'll have to let JJ know (so he can tell me) or PM me who it was.
  • edited September 2013
    Seem to be heatering a bit on that other site, played a few MTTs today alongside my cash on Sky, had half deep runs in every game but no cashes.

Then I knew I had to finish my session to be off somewhere at 2pm, so didn't reg any more MTTs and played some SnGs, I played a €5 15-man SnG and took it down for €30, then realised I had time for another... took that down again for €30

So probably a little under +€50 on there for the day so far. Will play some more tonight when I play another cash session. If I keep running like this, then using this as a means of 'satelliting' into the SPT Grand Final should be plain sailing... but things are never that easy for me
  • edited September 2013
    Wiiii, had a +10 BI session this morning which has finally meant I'm in the black for the first time this month.

Already a few points shy of Priority so still plenty of time to turn this round to a good month and hopefully 20k points. Also had an email at the start of the month from Priority that if I beat last month's points total (which I'll be doing in the next few days) then I'll get 15% extra £££ on my C4P so aiming to get around the £1k mark in C4P and ideally £1k+ in profits.
  • edited September 2013
    Good stuff Paul

Keep it up.
    Sent you pm
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers. I've replied Paul
  • edited September 2013
    Nice going - Didn,t realise how many pts you were racking up
    You must have been putting in some volume

P
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Nice going - Didn,t realise how many pts you were racking up You must have been putting in some volume P
    Posted by MP33
    Yeah I'm playing quite a lot now. All the details will be in my blog which should be uploaded soon... although I've been saying that for 2 weeks lol. Thinking of sticking it into just a blog site too like Blogger, then I'll just make occasional updates there, not like my diary, just like big events.... FT'ing an SPT, playing my first UKIPT etc etc (assuming they happen one day lol)

BR is coming along well, will probably update here with details at the end of the month.
  • edited September 2013
    So this blog thing? whats that about? I thought this was you blog?

You know you've made when you have 2 blogs imo and talk about the other one in this one!!!! hehe
  • edited September 2013
    Lol TPTP, well basically this was just a one off blog that was gonna be uploaded to Sky's blog section...

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?plckBlogPage=Blog&plckBlogId=Blog:984622ff-5ae6-4357-a087-da942593ca53&plckScript=blogScript&plckController=Blog&plckElementId=blogDest&action=show_static&page=poker_community_blog&userId=984622ff-5ae6-4357-a087-da942593ca53

I just thought I'd do a one-off bigger blog (just one big diary entry really) with pictures and stuff cos of a big decision I made recently.

I've sent the blog over to Tikay and it should hopefully by uploaded soon.
  • edited September 2013
    ahhh cool beans look forward to giving it a read
  • edited September 2013
    The task of trying to bink my way to an SPT by playing MTTs on another site is still coming along well.

I only have a small amount on there which I don't really mind losing so in an effort to speed things up, I decided to take a shot at some 50NL HU cash last night (VERY aggro BRM if you knew what my BR was lol)... took a few quid off some fella til he obv realised I wasn't stupid so sat out like a pro bum hunter. So had to move tables and shortly after sitting down walked an OP into a set which became quads, so that was that!

It didn't damage the roll too much and I went back to just playing MTTs again this morning alongside my cash grind on Sky. Just skoped myself and have only actually played 23 MTTs on there ever but I've had good results/a lot of deep runs so far and finally won my first MTT over there today.

Busted all my €5 games early doors, nothing out the ordinary just standard coolers/bad beats... one was pretty nasty to be fair when I flatted a 3bet w/ AK in position, flat his cbet on like K46, he barrels again on a 9 turn and I just stick him in cos his turn bet leaves him totally committed, he snaps off with K7.... 7 riv, gg lol.

Anyway, I was left with just my €2 deepstack which I took down... it got 273 runners and I won €120

So that's a good chunk towards me buying in to the Grand Final and still a good few weeks yet. Just need to stop getting all my deep runs in the smallest BIs of my schedule ;)
  • edited September 2013
    Nicely done Paul, you're not that bad at MTT's after all ;)

Only recently realised that it had gone on general sale. Really wanna play it but not sure I can justify shelling out £330 on a single tournament. Might have to see if some friends want a piece of me. Just 2 more deepstack wins and you're there, happy days.
  • edited September 2013
    Nicely done Paul, you're not that bad at MTT's after all ;) Only recently realised that it had gone on general sale. Really wanna play it but not sure I can justify shelling out £330 on a single tournament. Might have to see if some friends want a piece of me. Just 2 more deepstack wins and you're there, happy days.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Cheers, I like to think I'm pretty decent at MTTs just my volume in them is embarrassingly bad. I've been on Sky about 4+ years now and if you skoped me I think I've played about 400 MTTs and at least 100+ of them have been SPT satellites.

Or 1 more if it was in one of my bigger games :( Had a really deep run (I think I posted somewhere about it) a few days ago where I was doing really well, like a top 3 stack with 20 left of an MTT with €570 for 1st but lost AQ v 22, then it all went downhill and I think I came like 13th for about €15 lol. Was really hoping for some rungood there cos that could have been my SPT BI locked up and a couple of hundred spare

Well yeah I wouldn't normally BI for a £330, but I hate satellites so I'm just treating these MTTs on the other site where I don't really care about my roll as my satellites. It'll probably cost me a ton less to try and win the BI over there than to play a load of £16 sats, hoping to play a Semi that only runs once a week and I might not even get a seat at all. At least this way, if I only win £250 over the next couple of weeks there, then it's a massively reduced BI for me.

It's only an aside anyway, I just play 3-4 MTTs there while I'm 12tabling cash on Sky.