You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Fold both times.

#lambertneedsabiggerfoldbutton

• edited July 2013
    Fair enough guys. By the way DTM... dunno if you remember the hand but I did get it in, I just waited to see the flop first ;)

===============================================================================

Played a £3 all in sat tonight for the £20k super roller, I was only playing for the cash (so I bought in direct first) cos I'll probably still be at DTD or on the road when it kicks off anyway, and only played cos there was overlay. No such luck though, it was the one Batkin took down. De-regged now anyway.

Then played the £2.20 Speed Rebuy... love this game, and always seem to do well in it. I did ok, but lose a few races in the crucial stages and bust out in 19th with 13 paid. Did the standard double stack + add on so  £6.60 total.

Played 1 x £5.25 Hyper and won that though so got a few squids back.

============================================================================

Right that's me done online for a couple of days then as I'll be setting off for DTD in the morning for the 6-max. No doubt I'm totally bokking myself but I have a very good feeling about this SPT, I think my MTT game is better now than it's ever been and really feel comfortable with the few differences I think you need to be aware of playing live, and I just generally have 'a feeling' I'm gonna bink here. Plus it's a 6max deep structure which will suit me down to the ground.

SHIP IIITTT!!

Bankroll: £1,072.68
    Poker Points: 2022 (£20.22)
  • edited July 2013
    Hey Paul

Nice work on the bankroll front!

I ended up sitting down at a 30 nl table last night, 1 tabling. Didn't know any of the names at the table, certainly noone from the forum. Was really aggro, a lot more than any other table i've played on before. Was also a lot harder to get reads/ a feeling of what people were playing with. The guy on my right kept raising me, i played back at him twice and he was sweet as a bunny after that lol Soon picked up that this player and another 1 were making moves a lot and exploited this to win a good few pots. Was fun but nerve wracking the first 5 minutes, i was thinking what's going on here lol It's all good i ended up about £15 quid up just winning small pots.

I wouldn't fancy playing there 2 much, really makes you think haha

Good luck for the Spt tomorrow run good and most importantly have fun
  • edited July 2013
    I play a few hands so can't remember it.  Whats the end of the story?
  • edited July 2013
    Yeh I guessed you play too many hands to remember lol.

I flop 2 overs + FD

Short stack villian has an overpair to the board (I still have an over to his PP)

We all get it in and obv you scoop with a set of deuces
  • edited July 2013
    Ok so I've finally got round to doing an update from the SPT, I won't go on too much!

I should have known I was off to a bad start to the day when I went to Frankie and Bennys on the Saturday morning before the event, the waitress brought over a bottle of ketchup, I shook the bottle which the waitress had neglected to tell me she'd already opened!! So started the day with ketchup all over me which was a real pain to try to get off.

The tourney was a pretty frustrating one for me, was pretty much card dead and unable to hit a flop for the whole 6ish (I think) hours that I played. Pretty much every pot I won was just a stone bluff with no equity at any point just cos I couldn't (or didn't want to) sit there for hours just folding or raising then check/folding flops. Was opening a fairly wide range but not out of control and IP as much as possible, must have opened like 10+ SCs or suited 1 gappers without managing to flop a single FD, OESD, GS or a pair. The first pot of any decent size I won was when I c/r the flop, barrel the turn, and raised his tiny river donkbet with Q6o on J385K. He tanked for ages and said something like 'I have no idea what you can have but I have to fold' then I showed the Q-high obv ;)

Dunno if you ever read this GoldnBalls (he was on my direct left) but story you might find funny lol (or not)... you said to the table something like 'can you remember a hand where Paul hasn't opened the button'... shortly after I open the BTN again and you 3bet me, and cos you'd made a point of me opening loads of buttons I 4bet with K3o cos I reckon you'll be 3betting light a lot and you said 'ffs, the one time I try to bluff and you have a hand' lol.

Then a bit later in pretty harsh fashion, I open the button, goldnballz 3bet ships with A3o and the for once I have a hand and snap him off with QQ to take him out.

Some more bluffing took me up to 45k, then some more bluffing took me down to 25k and I got a table move to imo a tougher table. Played pretty bad from this point onward...

About 3rd or 4th hand on the table and I peel a BTN raise from the BB with JTs, flop comes JJ3 and I stupidly overthink the situation and check/raise him thinking 'if he's thinking, then he'll know someone with a J is so unlikely to c/r on JJ3' so is more likely to just call me down with all his bluff catchers, but meh he just folded and an opportunity to get some chips was wasted. Too busy trying to go for the max and ended up with the min. Then we went on the dinner break after that hand.

I come back after the dinner break (a couple of mins late) so have only been on the table for about 15 mins total and I have 25k ish @ 300/600/75 so about 40xBB. Exit hand coming

A guy raises to 2k UTG+1 and I decide to just flat in the CO with AQ, everyone else folds. The flop is A27ss, he c-bets for 2k and yet again I level myself into making a really stupid raise to 6k thinking he's much more likely to put me on a FD than a big Ax when I raise and so will happy stack off with weaker Ax hands on a non spade turn.

Turn is a non spade 7 so it's now A277ss. Pot is already like 18k and I only have like 17k left, so any reasonable sized bet is gonna look pretty obvious I'm committed and not folding so I jam the turn when he checks to me. He snaps me off and I'm thinking 'thats ok, he can deffo snap me off with FDs and worse Ax' then he turns over 77 for quads and it's just puke as I realise I'm drawing dead lol. Brutal thing is the river is another ace, so if I bet small or checkback, I make the nut house and am going bust every time. Just a case of once the cards are dealt I'm going bust, cos he aint even folding to a 3bet pre. Just wish I'd took 20 seconds longer having a smoke and come back to the table to be too late to play that hand lol, oh well.

Other than that, it was a great weekend, met loads of Sky regs that I hadn't met before like GoldnBalllz, Lnarinoo, Shawsok, Rancid, RunitsRann (I've probably forgotten some) who were all really nice guys and had fun railing for a while longer.... although I did go back to the hotel between about 7pm- 10pm cos I was just so tilted about how I'd ran and how badly I'd played some hands. Too much f'ing FPS.

Also had a great chat with Jac35... if anyone hasn't met him, he's just such a genuinely nice guy and has such a great jolly/positive attitude towards everything.

Well played to MacMonster for taking it down.
  • edited July 2013
    Sigh just realised after clicking 'Add Post' how long the above post is lol, feel free to go down the tl;dr route.

=========================================================================

Just a quick update to say I played the DTD tonight.

Finished about 60th in DTD3, finished 1 off the bubble in DTD1 and stone bubbled DTD2... fun times!

Gonna have to ditch the DTD for at least a month now cos I'm gonna try to spend near enough all of my time playing cash for a while and the DTD just takes up a whole poker playing night for me when I think £££ wise the time could be better spent. If I do play some MTTs I'd rather it not be £1/£2 games.

Also signed up to another site which I won't name but I'll be using that mostly for any MTTs I decide to play.
  • edited July 2013
    That's so nice.
    You've just made my day. I feign confidence a lot and am always really nervous that I've just jabbered on and bored someone silly.
    Thanks Paul 
  • edited July 2013
    The ketchup must have been 'running well'.

I'm here all week.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah i do read your diary from time to time Paul. Nice to meet u at SPT, although u owned me in pretty much every hand we played lol. I never got anything going at all, didnt play great & it was pretty inevitable that when I make a stand vs your button raise that you have QQ!

Unlucky with the exit hand, harsh spot running into quads!

• edited July 2013
    Forgot to update my balance for the other night when I played the DTD, so lost £5.50 which means I had £1,067.18

Played 6-7tables of 20NL tonight for about 4 hours and made a loss of £81.18. Pretty happy with how I played, maybe the odd spot I can make a fold and save a few quid but otherwise very happy. Just lost every single />50xBB pot bar one. QQ into AA, flush over flush etc.

August is gonna be a big cash grind for me ... how many times have I said that.

I will still be updating with progress in terms of how things are going mentally and life things but I've decided that this month (and potentially longer) I won't be updating my £££ results every session and will probably stick to just giving figures at the end of the month.

I don't think I'll be playing tomorrow so my BR at the end of the month is £986 (£1,008.39 when my C4P comes in). So at the end of August, it will be a surprise (hopefully a good one) when I announce where my BR is.

Bankroll: £986.00
    Poker Points: 2239 (£22.39)

• edited July 2013
    Sick sick sick SPT exit. Sometimes you just have to go broke, shame it kinda ruined your evening - have a drink and jump into some sideys! Next time...

If you're not going to report BR moves this month, could you perhaps just state whether you had a positive or negative session, keeps me engaged!

Best of luck.
  • edited July 2013
    what - end of the month! omg - 355 more points needed to get another £20 - better get grinding

hope your august goes as well as your july - you need another 761 points to get another £23 - is that too much to ask? 23 hours left.
  • edited July 2013
    @Mike - Yeah it didn't spoil my night too much, was gonna play the evening side but they had it capped at 100 runners and it filled very quickly (before I could reg)... would probably have only spewed anyway :) Yeah I'll still give some idea as to whether it was a good session or not, but a good session could be +£20 or +£100 so shouldn't give too much away.

@Geldy - Cheers for reminding me July was better than I thought. Was annoyed after last night's session and felt like it rounded things off for a rubbish month but looking back int he diary I started with about £800 and finished jusy shy of £1000 (just over with my C4P) and I did set a target to get back above £1k for the end of the month so I've done that and can't complain. And on top of finishing about +£200 for the month, I also got to play the £220 SPT so not too bad.

It is tempting and do-able, but would require a massive amount of grinding for me to do it in 1 day and I fancied a day off tbh.
  • edited August 2013
    Didn't play on here last night but I finally got Poker Tracker 4 downloaded so obv had to test it out... I played 1 MTT (like a multi-tabling boss lol), it was a €2 deepstack with 1043 runners and I FT'd but was first to bust out on the FT (6th as it was 6max) and got €67.58.

Pretty sigh to be first out of the FT especially cos my exit was 3bet shipping AJ into A9 and him getting there, but hey I obviously had some run good along to way to get through 1000+ runners so can't complain too much.

Only the 3rd MTT I've played on that site too so pretty good going to have FT'd a 1000 runner field already!

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Didn't play on here last night but I finally got Poker Tracker 4 downloaded so obv had to test it out... I played 1 MTT (like a multi-tabling boss lol), it was a €2 deepstack with 1043 runners and I FT'd but was first to bust out on the FT (6th as it was 6max) and got €67.58. Pretty sigh to be first out of the FT especially cos my exit was 3bet shipping AJ into A9 and him getting there, but hey I obviously had some run good along to way to get through 1000+ runners so can't complain too much. Only the 3rd MTT I've played on that site too so pretty good going to have FT'd a 1000 runner field already!
    Posted by Lambert180
    nice result lambert, do you have to open full tilt threw pokertracker or something becuase when i downloaded it nothing was happening, no stats saved or anytihng.
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers Rock... haven't used pokertracker with full tilt but on the site I was using....

You don't need to open the site through PT just ...

1) Open both programmes
    2) In PT, go to the 'Play Poker' tab
    3) Go to the site you wanna play on from the list (I assume when you set up PT you did the thing to auto link it to your alias by letting it auto find any HHs).
    4) Click on Configure and make sure 'Get Hands from Site while Playing' is ticked then click ok.
    5) Then click on 'Get Hands While Playing' and your HUD should load the next hand you get dealt in.

*The only thing is you need to make sure that full tilt or w/e site is storing all your HHs on your hard drive.

===================================

Right, slight change of plan, I'm not going to be posting on the forum (or FB) for a little while, I'd say at least a month. This diary isn't going to die and I will explain all in the not too distant future.

GL everyone, rungood and all that jive.
  • edited August 2013
    Lambert is a genius
  • edited August 2013
    Oops, wrong one
  • edited August 2013
    Yo!

It's been a while now since my last update as I've been a busy bee this month. All shall be explained soon in a blog. I'll be posting back here now but maybe not quite as crazy often as I used to.

I'm sure people will have a load of questions when they see the blog and I'll answer them all here if you do.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- 20NL to 50NL ----- Target = 50BIs for 50NL by the end of 2013 -----:
    Yo! It's been a while now since my last update as I've been a busy bee this month. All shall be explained soon in a blog. I'll be posting back here now but maybe not quite as crazy often as I used to. I'm sure people will have a load of questions when they see the blog and I'll answer them all here if you do.
    Posted by Lambert180
    looking forward to your blog because I know you have put of lot hours in this month so prob a lot has happened on and off the table all good I hope for you mate.

also quick question spt newcastle you going?
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah I have, although not as many as I wanted to/should have really. It was tough with the kids being round to always get as many hours as I wanted in the daytime but when they go back to school next week it should be a lot easier.

Yes I'm going to the SPT but I won't be playing the ME. Emma's mum won't look after the kids late on the Sunday so when I obv FT it, I wouldn't be able to stay ;) We're mainly coming up cos Emma wants to make it for Lisa's birthday, but I will be playing the side event on the Saturday night.
  • edited August 2013
  • edited September 2013
    The drumroll is almost over Geldy lol.

For anyone that's interested, I think the blog is gonna be uploaded today.
  • edited September 2013
    Where do I find the blog? :P
  • edited September 2013
    I believe a post is gonna go up in Poker Chat when it gets uploaded
  • edited September 2013
    Hey,

Hope it's been a good month, reading between the lines it looks you have done well in a few spots.

Be sure to say hello to new castle:)
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah I'll deffo say hello at Newcastle. August was a pretty good month despite running horribly for alot of the time. A few really good sessions cancelled out alot of bad ones.

Got off to a pretty brutal start this month though, mentioned the other day in Ivan's diary and last night was just as bad... just standard stuff that if you play enough everyone will see. It's been a couple of them sessions where it feels like everyone can see your cards... everytime you c-bet when you've hit you get snap folds, everytime you c-bet when you've missed you get check/raised lol. And everytime you flop big, someone has flopped bigger. Meh, I had periods of this last month and still turned it round so I'm not too down about it... yet ;)