You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited October 2013

Funny hand now that I've seen it back.

What are you both doing flop and turn? :D

I'd prob check back flop if I'm you, it's a wa/wb spot.

Got to bet the turn!

What does he c/call flop with? Ax & Kx? I'd be thinking almost exclusively Kx tbh, and we have the nut King.

Not 8x, no PP's and there's no draws!!!!

River standard.
  • edited October 2013
    lol @ turn

"I run so bad"

all lies :D
  • edited October 2013
    Have you been playing much of the UKOPS lambert, not seen any mention of it on your blog?
  • edited October 2013
    Meh, unfortunately not Fairy. At the mo, I only really feel happy playing them if I've satted in cos it's pretty easy to just brick 3-4 MTTs in a row no problem, and losing £330-£440 in a matter of days just on 4 MTTs is pretty big for me. When I got back from SPT on Sunday, I played a £5 sat for that's night first UKOPS ME, got through and stone bubbled the semi for a seat so didn't play that night.

I generally play a morning session and a night time session like 5 days a week, and my plan was to continue playing cash at night and in the mornings just hammer every single UKOPS sat. Like even if I win my £24 Semi seat, just keep playing every single £5 Micro sat and just take the cash for them. Annoyingly though, I've had a load of things on in the mornings this week and have hardly been able to play a single UKOPS sat since Sunday. The 2pm-6pm window isn't good for me with getting the kids home from school, feeding them, getting them to bed etc. And I aint playing an all in sat unless there's enough overlay to make it +EV lol so hard for me to qualify but hoping to find time to play a few MEs before the end of the series. I have played a couple of minis like but with zero success.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards:
    Meh, unfortunately not Fairy. At the mo, I only really feel happy playing them if I've satted in cos it's pretty easy to just brick 3-4 MTTs in a row no problem, and losing £330-£440 in a matter of days just on 4 MTTs is pretty big for me. When I got back from SPT on Sunday, I played a £5 sat for that's night first UKOPS ME, got through and stone bubbled the semi for a seat so didn't play that night. I generally play a morning session and a night time session like 5 days a week, and my plan was to continue playing cash at night and in the mornings just hammer every single UKOPS sat. Like even if I win my £24 Semi seat, just keep playing every single £5 Micro sat and just take the cash for them. Annoyingly though, I've had a load of things on in the mornings this week and have hardly been able to play a single UKOPS sat since Sunday. The 2pm-6pm window isn't good for me with getting the kids home from school, feeding them, getting them to bed etc. And I aint playing an all in sat unless there's enough overlay to make it +EV lol so hard for me to qualify but hoping to find time to play a few MEs before the end of the series. I have played a couple of minis like but with zero success.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeah, the mains are way too big for my BR aswell but the challengers are decent value.

Wouldn't mind playing the high roller, might try to sat into that, but usually never happens :(

What do you think of the quality of play between a morning and evening session, when I used to track my cash play on poker dominator and filter it between the two I had a much higher WR in the night as there's obv a lot more recs on at that time.
    Is this something you have noticed?
  • edited October 2013
    Wiiii just got a birthday card from Prio and they gave me £50. Bit early like cos my birthday aint till 4th November... it's not all runbad eh ;)

=========================

Fairy, yeah games are definitely sorter at night there's no question about it. You can still get good games and good opponents in the morning but generally it's alot more reggy and plays alot tighter so you're beating people in a different way.
  • edited November 2013
    Just finished up my last session of the month +£100

So things are definitely starting to turn, running better helps but I've also made a couple of changes to my daily schedule which I think has really helped.

My first losing month since starting full time but C4P should cover most of that and pretty happy with the month's result given what I've played through this month. Roll on November where I'm finally gonna get round to trying to qualify for my first UKOPS ME. Will also being playing the £22 UKOPS Deepstack tomorrow night as a freeroll from a Prio promotion.

=============================================================================

What do you think about this hand? Planned to call down on a lot of turns and rivers but then ended up getting a pretty sweet turn that puts me ahead of everything except quads. Should we raise turn now or flat, let him bet river then raise? Obv in this case he didn't bet river but we have position anyway so no danger of missing a bet either way.

If he has a FH (which is very likely imo) it's most likely to be 22-88 given the action pre so not sure if I can ever get more value with either line...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Stewart1 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £33.13
    joey690 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
      Your hole cards

scothenuts Call  £0.20 £0.50 £51.77
    Lambert180 Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £51.46
    Stewart1 Fold     
    joey690 Call  £0.60 £1.90 £39.20
    scothenuts Call  £0.60 £2.50 £51.17
    Flop

joey690 Check     
    scothenuts Bet  £2.50 £5.00 £48.67
    Lambert180 Call  £2.50 £7.50 £48.96
    joey690 Fold     
    Turn

scothenuts Bet  £3.75 £11.25 £44.92
    Lambert180 Call  £3.75 £15.00 £45.21
    River

• Q

scothenuts Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £8.00 £23.00 £37.21
    scothenuts Fold     
    Lambert180 Muck     
    Lambert180 Win  £14.25  £51.46
    Lambert180 Return  £8.00 £0.75 £59.46
  • edited November 2013
    if you cant play the basic nuts you shouldn't play poker ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Line is fine. Probably bet smaller otr if you think he's got lots of small PPs.
  • edited November 2013
    raise turn
    bigger on river

• edited November 2013
    Played SO bad in the TOTP game tonight, was just mucking about/spewing lots and eventually shipped 16xBB from the BB facing a 3x from the BTN with Q2o (looool), Peter made a good call with 99 and despite a sweat he held and I was 1st out. Free tenner though and it was good fun

paige55 12000 1 £50
    peter27 0 2 £30
    Phantom66 0 3 £25
    DoubleAAA 0 4 £20
    Slipwater 0 5 £15
    Lambert180 0 6 £10

===================================================

Off to play some cash in a min
  • edited November 2013
    I felt sure you were just playing for an outrageous hand to get shown on telly.

Nearly took you on in a couple of spots but felt with two sit-outs it wouldn't be +EV.

Glad I folded your shove with TP with 97 v your 98 though

I remember you pushed me off a hand with worse once (K9) I had KJ at least I didn't rise to the show of cards.

• edited November 2013

I don't think it's got a TV icon Phantom, I deffo don't think I've ever seen a hand from the TOTP SnG shown on TV anyway. I wasn't trying to rub you/anyone down showing bluffs or anything, I just said at the start of the game I would play the 'show game' for a bit of fun and showed every hand where I had the option to. In summary, I just played like a donkey lol.

• edited November 2013
    I don't think it's got a TV icon Phantom, I deffo don't think I've ever seen a hand from the TOTP SnG shown on TV anyway. I wasn't trying to rub you/anyone down showing bluffs or anything, I just said at the start of the game I would play the 'show game' for a bit of fun and showed every hand where I had the option to. In summary, I just played like a donkey lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Missed the first couple of minutes due to laptop and wifi issues at service station.

so didn't see the "show" warning. You did show absolutely everything - not just bluffs which I thought was unusual at the time - explained now though.

I never rise to shown cards just soak up the info and try not to react.

Does say in the lobby "may feature on tv" guess the lack of precedent suggests it won't

• edited November 2013
    Wiiii just got a birthday card from Prio and they gave me £50. Bit early like cos my birthday aint till 4th November... it's not all runbad eh ;) ========================= Fairy, yeah games are definitely sorter at night there's no question about it. You can still get good games and good opponents in the morning but generally it's alot more reggy and plays alot tighter so you're beating people in a different way.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I find it pretty tough in the mornings especially on cash for the same reasons. This is why if i play in the morning or through the day up until a certain time i prefer other sites with a more universal (if thats the right word) player base - players from other countries with different time zones . 

Do you ever do this or do you just stick with Sky?
  • edited November 2013

I don't often play outside of Sky tbh. I do play some MTTs on other sites but that's just due to bigger prizepools/better structures and nothing to do with the standard being tougher at a particular time. I certainly don't play cash anywhere else atm.

It's just about switching it up, personally I don't think there's much difference in standard in the daytime for HU SnGs, or MTTs (and also I'd imagine DYMs although I dunno cos I don't play them), so sometimes I play them in the daytime or grind lots of sats for cash if it's a week when they have a lot on in the morning (UKOPS/double guarantee week etc).

When it comes to cash though, it's definitely beatable cos while it's a lot tighter, a lot of the people are bad tight players that you can exploit, so if I play cash in the daytime now I'll always play less tables so I can be more focussed on exploiting these people cos it requires different methods.

On the topic of playing cash on another site.... I'm considering playing somewhere else just for 1 month because there's places where I can get a 200% deposit bonus for a deposit up to $1k and like 50-60% rakeback, so thinking I could go take advantage, probably make $4k before any profit/loss from the games, and then just bring that money back to Sky.

• edited November 2013
    It's nice to see my lovely advice to be posted by a pro. :)

If you know how to cash in the various deposit bonuses on both poker and betting you can make a decent amount of money and grow your bankroll. Problem is that I didn't back in the days, so I have used most of them by now and by bankroll is still 0.
  • edited November 2013
    so did Mr. Trickett reply on twitter?
  • edited November 2013
    so did Mr. Trickett reply on twitter?
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah he said he plays under The_Don90 when he's grinding Sky Pokerz.

Lol nah he didn't, and fwiw, it was a joke, I'd say the chance he plays here is < 0.01%
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : Yeah he said he plays under The_Don90 when he's grinding Sky Pokerz. Lol nah he didn't, and fwiw, it was a joke, I'd say the chance he plays here is < 0.01%
    Posted by Lambert180

That's 1000/1.

If you're willing to lay me 50/1 (a 2% chance) I'll have that $10 u owe me on it being him?

That's a hugely +ev bet for you!

I may be the most gullible person on that thread (I normally am) but I don't know why the rock wud lie!

Booked? 

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : Yeah he said he plays under The_Don90 when he's grinding Sky Pokerz. Lol nah he didn't, and fwiw, it was a joke, I'd say the chance he plays here is < 0.01%
    Posted by Lambert180
    Haha for the record i dont care if he does or doesnt either. Just banter lol 

• edited November 2013
    Aint updated for a couple of days. I did go off to play cash after the TOTP game as I said I would and finished +£90

Small wins @ cash on Monday and Tuesday coming to about +£60 combined.

And haven't long finished my first morning session in agesss. Forgot how little runs on Sky in the mornings :( so ended up playing a bit of everything.

Played a few HU SnGs (£5s) and finished +£8.50
    Played a bit of cash, HU and 6max and finished +£60.90

Played 2 MTTs and 1 sat. Bricked a £5.75 BH and got 1 head (£1.13) in a £3.30 BH. The sat was a £2.50 Micro sat for the UKPC QF, 1in5 and got 7 runners, I won that and just took the £11.50 cos 7:15pm (the QF time) is a really bad time for me to play. So finished a grand total of +£1.08 from MTTs lol.

As you can see, things are going a lot better recently though.
  • edited November 2013
    good to see you running better m8,just a shame you passed your bad run on to me thanks alot :)
  • edited November 2013
    good to see you running better m8,just a shame you passed your bad run on to me thanks alot :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    What happened?

You had a £220 stack on a nl20 table yesterday!

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : What happened? You had a £220 stack on a nl20 table yesterday!
    Posted by splashies
    was playin 50nl yesterday and never went well, at one point had like 5 out of 6 tables with £100+ and was still down around £200ish lol
  • edited November 2013
    good to see you on the rise again paul.

• edited November 2013
    Cheers guys, things are definitely on the up..... for now.

I decided to withdraw £100 from my roll here and stick it on DTD's website as I'm looking at getting into some satellites over there for the £1k Sky ME in Feb, and also want to try and make the £1k UKIPT at DTD too which I think isn't until April. I'd have liked to try to get into the UKIPT there at the end of this month but it's a bit short notice.

I played an £11 BH tonight which was going very well until I 4bet shipped JJ to see the 3bettor snap me off with QJo and flop the Q leaving me drawing to 1 out. Unfortunately no heads, no cash.

Things were better at cash though, took a few pretty nasty beats for stacks, but still managed to finish +£70 so I'm happy with that.

Reaaaaaalllly need to get back on the volume though, got a little prop bet with Dohhh that I'll make Prio this month which shows how much faith he has in my current volume lol. So profits going well this month, points not so much... still confident I'll make Prio easy, just gotta get myself back on it.
  • edited November 2013
    Well volume was better tonight, played for about 5hr 30 mins before I hit the point where I was just too tired to go on (and play well).

Continued trying to earn the points at the DTD club games and am now only 7 points short... would have got there tonight but didn't start them til about 10pm and games had dried up by about midnight (to the point of me actually being the only person sat on a table at my stakes). Got pwnned on there again by variance, a standard KK v AA aipf spot, and then a slightly less standard spot where a guy peels a 3bet with J7o against my AA and check/calls 3 streets on J8377. Meh, all I want now is to get them 25 points before busto'ing the £100 lol.

As for the cash on Sky, started very well, took a big dip in the middle putting me slightly in the red, then turned it back around for an epic profit of £1.68. On the upside, I probably earned literally 10x that in C4P tonight. Points total is marginally less embarrassing at 1.5k but still a lot of work to do to win this prop bet.

• edited November 2013
    What the forfiet of the prop bet ?

Do you think you can win, as 1.5k seems abit behind schedule by my maths.

How do you find the ipoker software? 

• edited November 2013
    Nice turnaround since i last looked

Not sure what the prop bet is but wouldn,t risk going for it to much at the expense of losing part of your roll

Gl

P