You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Got off to an absolute stonker in the ME tonight, starting with the hand below which happened in the first 4-5 hands of the tourney and gave me my first bounty. I was shocked to say the least when we got it in and I saw the opponent wasn't drawing dead!! Luckily faded the royal flush though.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1900.00
    smithy26 Big blind  20.00 30.00 2230.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

kidgirlgy Fold     
    sim_mo Fold     
    cloakey605 Raise  100.00 130.00 1720.00
    harryct Call  100.00 230.00 1930.00
    Lambert180 Call  90.00 320.00 1810.00
    smithy26 Fold     
    Flop

• J
    • J

Lambert180 Check     
    cloakey605 Check     
    harryct Bet  240.00 560.00 1690.00
    Lambert180 Call  240.00 800.00 1570.00
    cloakey605 All-in  1720.00 2520.00 0.00
    harryct Fold     
    Lambert180 All-in  1570.00 4090.00 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  90.00 4000.00 90.00
    Lambert180 Show
    • J
    • J

cloakey605 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

Lambert180 Win Four Jacks 4000.00  4090.00
    Then about 10-15 mins later, I 3bet AA and stacked AQ on a queen high flop to take a 2nd bounty and get up to about 7k.

Then things took a downward turn, doubled shorty up A8<K7, then 2 mins later doubled the same shorty up again getting it in on Txx w/ AT v AK but king came on the turn. That left me with about 5k @ 100/200, called an 11xBB shove with AQ and couldn't get there against 88, then about 2-3 hands later I shoved my last like 10-11xBB w/ 55 and couldn't hold against T9s.

Disappointing to say the least after such a strong start but hey I got in for £3.60 and got £22.50 of heads so it could be a lot worse!

=======================================

Doing very well in the mini too I got 12.5k @ 100/200 as I write this which puts me 14th out of 194 (581 started), so hopefully I'll have a good bink to post about later.

Time to load up a few cash tables now too.
  • edited November 2013
    Well I lasted another hour or so in the Mini since my last post. I just bust the very last hand before the break so 10:55pm.

Pretty sigh exit, I shipped KK and got called by ATs... flop is ten high but all spades (I have the only spade) so feeling pretty confident now that he can't even hit his As now, well he rivered trip tens instead. 35th out of 581 for just about double the BI :(

Oh well, I know if I keep at it, I'll take one down soon enough

Lambert180 0 35 £6.97 + £7.98 Head Prizes 4  

Cash tables are going well so far, will post the update when I finish about 2-3am.
  • edited November 2013
    Just stood from the tables a bit early cos I'm knackered and it'll only start getting to a stage quickly where I'm not playing optimally.

I played another £5.70 direct into the £52 Semi for the cash but didn't make it. Pretty horrible hand there, I got it all in 3way where holding virtually guarantees the seat with AQ v KJ v 94... flop comes AQx and I still manage to lose lol.

So the total cashes today of £37.45 make for a total MTT profit of £5.45

Also finished +£30 on cash

Also on the verge of 3k points which sounds awful (and it is lol) but considering how low my points were abuot 5 days ago (probably in the region of 500-600) it's a big improvement and looks better in terms of what I'll finish the month on. JJ is deffo losing this bet!
  • edited November 2013
    MC table so we're deeper.

Looking back, I think flop raise is way too small.

Do we flat the turn now we have the nuts and the nuttiest of nutty outs to still improve further (not that we need it) with the intention of shipping over his river bets or betting ourselves if he checks?

I just raised cos it makes it so much easier to get it in on the river with a turn raise.... not sure what he has to donk/call, donk again

If we raise turn, I think my turn sizing is much better than my flop, agree or not?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    thevalley7 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £32.00
    rossjb14 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £16.74
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

Lambert180 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £40.42
    thevalley7 Call  £0.50 £1.40 £31.50
    rossjb14 Fold     
    Flop

• Q

thevalley7 Bet  £0.70 £2.10 £30.80
    Lambert180 Raise  £2.10 £4.20 £38.32
    thevalley7 Call  £1.40 £5.60 £29.40
    Turn

• K

thevalley7 Bet  £2.80 £8.40 £26.60
    Lambert180 Raise  £7.60 £16.00 £30.72
    thevalley7 Fold     
    Lambert180 Muck     
    Lambert180 Win  £10.64  £41.36
    Lambert180 Return  £4.80 £0.56 £46.16
  • edited November 2013
    Rubbish morning, got absolutely butchered at HU SnGs, just could not win a hand or a race to save my life and went 8-0 down at the start, managed to get it back to 8-3 to limit the losses a little.

Cash didn't go much better, but pretty much every big losing pot was a cooler or outdraw so that's positive. Finished abuot -£40.

The one ray of sunshine was that I played the £3.30 BH this morning.... don't even know why I play it tbh because the payouts are SO small, but I don't like playing the £5 BHs which have tiny fields in comparison so equally small prizepools and 15% rake. I got my first FT in I dunno how long, only a small cash but a FT is a FT. 

It got 89 runners fwiw

Lambert180 0 4 £12.35 + £9.11 Head Prizes 7  
  • edited November 2013
    Just got back from holiday and catching up on all my favourite threads :P Going back to that 56s hand.... I think your bet sizing is possibly an issue there. In general if I know that I'm going to be 3barelling no matter what cards come then I want to be betting as big on flop and turn as possible to make the most from my opponent when they fold the river. Your turn bet seemed a tad on the small size!

Also your river bet sizing should probably be bigger. People don't like to fold to less than half pot bets if they have any piece of the board at all... great when you want a call but not so good when you're bluffing! And balance in MTT's is just less important when you're playing vs a random unknown.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards:
    Rubbish morning, got absolutely butchered at HU SnGs, just could not win a hand or a race to save my life and went 8-0 down at the start, managed to get it back to 8-3 to limit the losses a little. Cash didn't go much better, but pretty much every big losing pot was a cooler or outdraw so that's positive. Finished abuot -£40. The one ray of sunshine was that I played the £3.30 BH this morning.... don't even know why I play it tbh because the payouts are SO small, but I don't like playing the £5 BHs which have tiny fields in comparison so equally small prizepools and 15% rake. I got my first FT in I dunno how long, only a small cash but a FT is a FT.  It got 89 runners fwiw Lambert180 0 4 £12.35 + £9.11 Head Prizes 7  
    Posted by Lambert180

See you tomoz in the £240 Satty final i guees.....£1k seat needed!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Cheers Ivan.

See you there Dann.

So over the last 2 days I've won 2 x £110 tokens from the DTD freerolls for the UKPC/UKIPT megasats, plus I'm playing the £240 UKPC tonight so that's 3 shots I've got at a £1k seat. Dream scenario is obv win all 3 and I'd play UKIPT and UKPC and take £1.1k cash but let's just see what happens lol.

Just about to kick off UKPC final now. GL me!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Cheers Ivan. See you there Dann. So over the last 2 days I've won 2 x £110 tokens from the DTD freerolls for the UKPC/UKIPT megasats, plus I'm playing the £240 UKPC tonight so that's 3 shots I've got at a £1k seat. Dream scenario is obv win all 3 and I'd play UKIPT and UKPC and take £1.1k cash but let's just see what happens lol. Just about to kick off UKPC final now. GL me!!!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yea sorry about that.

I am in the £100 on DTD and the Sky one, so lets see if i can run golden :)
  • edited November 2013
    Cheers Ivan. See you there Dann. So over the last 2 days I've won 2 x £110 tokens from the DTD freerolls for the UKPC/UKIPT megasats, plus I'm playing the £240 UKPC tonight so that's 3 shots I've got at a £1k seat. Dream scenario is obv win all 3 and I'd play UKIPT and UKPC and take £1.1k cash but let's just see what happens lol. Just about to kick off UKPC final now. GL me!!!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thats some going - GL

EDIT _ Ul _ Not sure what happened in the £500K Final satelite  but thats some line up of players to get through
  • edited November 2013
    I got it in pre KK v AK against IgoWeeWee and lost, hence the apology lol.

Meh what ya gonna do.
  • edited November 2013
    Ok so I said before discussing a little MTT goal, I'd get the UKPC Final out the way as it'd give a big swing one way or the other on my SS. Well it's out the way now and unfortunately it was a swing the wrong way so it shows as -£240 on my SS

Just scoped myself this morning (MTTs only) and these are the results...

Lambert180
    SkyPoker
    SCHEDULED 656
    £1.05
    £5.13
    101%
    £690

£1.05
    £5.13
    101%
    £690

EDIT: ^^^ As it didn't fit on 1 line

EDIT2: Sigh it's just not having it...

Lambert180
    Games: 656
    Avg Profit: £1.05
    Avg Stake: £5.13
    Avg ROI: 101%
    Profit: £690
    Rating: 74

And here's the graph if you're interested

So my stats are ok.. my ROI is very good imo but the vast majority of my games have been micro stakes so profit is pretty low. I've never really put any serious volume in at MTTs, as you can see 656 games in my whole time (4-5 years) on Sky and probably 300 of them are satellites.

I've decided my aim is to get my total profit to £1.5k by the end of the year, I know you shouldn't set £££ targets blah blah and especially in MTTs where variance is insane but it's only a bit of fun, if I don't make it, I don't make it.

So that's £810 profit by 31st December which considering my current average profit of £1.05 would mean (in theory) I'd need to play 771 MTTs lol so more in 6 weeks than I have in the last 4-5 years, but I'm playing more £11s, MEs, UKPC sats, sats for £55 BH etc now when I never have in the past so my average profit per game from that sample isn't really relevant.

P.S. I'm still trying to get into UKPC on the cheap and even if/when I do, I'm gonna continue to play for additional seats so 1 seat would near enough get me over the line if I was BE on all other games I'd played.

===================================================================

Target                        :  £1.5k profit
    Current                      :  £690 profit
    Amount left to go      :  £810
  • edited November 2013
    FWIW

I don't think you should apply profit to goals, think you'll be more suited to setting a volume to acheive in MTT's.

Having your goals set around number of cash hands or MTT games is a far better goal.

So many people focus on the £'s. Results will come if you making the right decisions and volume goals = acheivable.

Your setting yourself £ targets that may seem acheivable but it doesn't mean varaince will agree.
    If you fail you target then does it mean you have failed at poker ?

No it doesn't you may have played your best poker ever.

Forget about the money

keep the big £ dream alive but don't focus everything on results.

good luck

• edited November 2013
    best of luck in the MTTs! dont think I have met you on the tables just yet?

if you bink one early on are you going to keep grinding them? 700 tourneys by new yr will be tough, but doable!
  • edited November 2013
    That's why I said it's only a bit of fun. If I fail the target no I haven't failed at poker. More so than any game, I know in MTTs, I could easily just do rubbish at MTTs for 6 weeks and play perfectly.

Maybe goal is the wrong word then I guess, really it's just me saying 'I'm gonna start playing alot more MTTs than I normally do and I'm gonna track the progress of them all in here'.

I could smash the target by winning the Primo next week, I could do an epic fail, doesn't really matter. I'm obv just playing to try and win as much £££ as possible as always, just playing more MTTs than normal and tracking it here with a running total
  • edited November 2013
    best of luck in the MTTs! dont think I have met you on the tables just yet? if you bink one early on are you going to keep grinding them? 700 tourneys by new yr will be tough, but doable!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    The 700 MTTs was a bit of a joke lol, that's at my current average profit per game but that's cos like probably 80% of my games have been like £1 and £2 games from years ago. Also I'm ten times better now than I was years ago when the majority of my MTT volume was played.

Yeh think first time I saw you was in the £52 UKPC where I won my seat to the £240.

Yeah regardless of any binks or w/e I'll still be grinding on till the end of the year. I mean I grind all the time now anyway obv but this is just spending more time doing it on MTTs so will continue the increased MTT volume til xmas while still playing plenty of cash obv.
  • edited November 2013
    Haven't grinded the low stakes MTTs since the TSP promotion.  I was terrible then and still managed to crush.

I'd say play pretty much every MTT in the day and you'll reach your go no problem.  From memory the £5.50 standard freezeouts where one of my fav.  Think they ran at 3/4/5pm etc?
  • edited November 2013
    yh just put the volume in and you should smash em

if you don't then you just useless and you should think about giving up :D

• edited November 2013
    As you know, I tried grinding the daytime mtts on here in November as part of my 1 month challenge.

I dropped $300 @ £5 & 11 buyins.

gl ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Average ROI is a silly stat that should always be ignored.

If your average is £1.05 profit from a £5.13 buy-in clearly you're not making 100%.

To get the real figure click on the 'statistics' tab, its near the bottom of the left hand column, look for 'total ROI'.

Good luck.
  • edited November 2013
    Haven't grinded the low stakes MTTs since the TSP promotion.  I was terrible then and still managed to crush. I'd say play pretty much every MTT in the day and you'll reach your go no problem.  From memory the £5.50 standard freezeouts where one of my fav.  Think they ran at 3/4/5pm etc?
    Posted by scotty77
    i think most of these have disappeared from the schedule or had the guarentees reduced by so much 3 cash on a normal basis. 

The half past bhs i think are the best value on sky currently
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : i think most of these have disappeared from the schedule or had the guarentees reduced by so much 3 cash on a normal basis.  The half past bhs i think are the best value on sky currently
    Posted by The_Don90
    Correct. It followed a familiar pattern; 

A vocal group on the forum kept demanding more afternoons freezeouts and fewer Bounty Hunters.
    Sky bowed to the pressure and added three daily freezeouts, each £200 gtd for £5.50 iirc.
    As is often the case it turned out that small forum groups don't neccesarily speak for the general player pool.
    The freezeouts weren't supported and often ran with overlay.
    Survival of the fittest, the freezeouts have gone, the Bounty Hunters have thrived.

As Don says the Bounty Hunters are good value, despite the 15% rake.
  • edited November 2013
    FWIW, I never said I was just playing daytime stuff. Obv I'm playing some of them too and will be grinding whatever UKPC stuff is on in the mornings (as normal), but I'm gonna be playing alot more of the night time MTTs that are much better fields/prizepools/value.

Not a big fan of the daytime £5 BHs to be honest cos the field size is in that middle ground which don't suit BHs imo. i.e. still a substantial amount of PP is gone, but the money up top is rubbish. From what I've seen they seem to get around 30ish runners with 1st prize being something like £40 prebounties... seems like very small returns considering obv you aint gonna win it that often.

Agree though Gary Average ROI is pretty useless, just checked and my total ROI is 18.4% ... that's still good, right?

If anyone cares or can dechiper anything from the stats below...
    • Middle/Late (20%)
      20.1%
    • First Game Date: 02/23/2010 11:18 PM
    • ITM%
      23.9%
    • Last Game Date: 11/17/2013 09:15 PM
    • Total Losing Days: 173
    • Max Cashing Streak: 4
    • Max Losing Streak: 24
    • Max Winning Streak: 2
    • Most Games / Day: 15
    • PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard Points: 5,611
    • Av % Field Beaten
      52.7%
    • Total Rake
      £335
    • Total Stake: £3,362
    • Total ROI
      18.4%
    • Wins: 27
    • Turbo Ratio
      5.6%
    • Total Winning Days: 63
    • Worst 100 Streak Av Profit
      -£3.27
    • Worst 500 Streak Av Profit
      £0.26
    • Count: 656
    • Av Profit
      £1.05
    • Av Stake: £5.13
    • Av ROI
      101%
    • Profit
      £690
    • Ability: 74
    • Active Days: 278
    • Av Entrants: 165
    • Av Games / Day (when playing): 2.4
    • Best 100 Streak Av Profit
      £7.28
    • Best 500 Streak Av Profit
      £2.24
    • Total Break Even Days: 42
    • Total Cashes
      £4,387
    • Early Finishes (10%)
      10.2%
    • Early/Middle Finishes (20%)
      18.9%
    • Late Finishes (10%)
      12.3%
    • Middle Finishes (40%)
      38.4%
  • edited November 2013
    Yep, 18.4% is good, far more than you could ever make from any form of STT.

Mine shows as 54.9%. Some MTT sharks will have a much higher number than that, I haven't looked at any, but I wouldn't be suprised if some guys are in the 75% to 100% range, maybe even higher.
  • edited November 2013
    Some of us struggled to get out of minus ROI despite winning 2 Main Events! ;)

Might see more of you Paul on the tables, just remember I always have it yeah.
  • edited November 2013
    Dont worry about chasing profit goals etc etc mate

Dont even worry about ss graphs

Just keep doing the right things at the right times and everything else will look after itself

Good luck
  • edited November 2013
    @Harry - That sounds like a brag... but not lol. I dunno ;) Yeah will see you around no doubt.

@Diminuendo - Yeah don't worry I'm not 'chasing' anything, I'm gonna be playing the same (hopefully) good poker that I always play, it's just that I've never really put any proper volume into MTTs so now that I'm going to try to I just wanna keep track of the results. Again it doesn't mean I played back cos I bricked 20 MTTs in a row or w/e so I won't take my results as a measure of success but still good to keep track. FWIW, I keep track of every single cash session, SnG or MTT I ever play in a spreadsheet anyway.
  • edited November 2013
    Man it gets worse

Sky Poker have changed my ScreenName

Long Live iGoWaWa, Goodbye iGoWeeWee

Anyways, Paul i hope to see you playing lots more MTTs so i can get on crushing the Cash Tables....

Quick Q tho,

If i satty into the £240 final for eg tomoz, if i then make the final again the rest of the week do i get the seats as ££££ (as i am already regged in the final?)

If so satty time!!! :)
  • edited November 2013
    Looks like multi accounting to me.

RTR has a lot to answer for.
  • edited November 2013
    Was hoping as a nice twist of fate my first night of MTTs might gimme one bink... wishful thinking me thinks lol. I'll just give a very quick summary of what I played...

£5.50 Mini - Started very well despite having Rancid to my left, ran pretty good like I won't lie, took 2 heads pretty early doors. Busted ages later jamming I think A3 into AT, I was dominated anyway. £3.76 of heads so nearly got my BI back.

£11 BH - Late regged this and nothing to post really as it was very short, shipped a flop over a cbet with OESD, called by an OP and didn't get there.

£11 Turbo - First time I've ever seen this tourney and looks like my kinda thing so gave it a go. Went pretty well and again I ran pretty well early doors and got stacked up, made one potentially bad call (I'll post details below) only for a small pot but that seemed to be the turning point. I didn't tilt or anything, things just didn't go my way, blinds where increasing pretty sharpish.... it was a turbo.... I ended up shoving, probably in a bad spot now I think about, jammed 10xBB w/ AT on the BTN over a minraise from UTG who had about 12xBB, I just don't think he's opening wide enough there for my shove to be good. He had AK anyway and I bust that in 11th out of 52 with 6 paid.

On the topic of this... why does this £11 Turbo seem to have a good structure while the £11 Turbo ME seems to be a complete crapshoot?

£6 sat into the £55 BH - 2 seats were up for grabs with £11 for 3rd and I was sitting 3/7. I was on the 4handed table and had been shoving a fair bit because 1 player was disconnected so often dead money in the pot with less people to get through. Shoved 'UTG' w/ J5o just cos I think the guy to my left was never calling, the next guy was disco'd and the BB had just a smidge less than me but still a decent stack so thought he'd fold tons but he made the call with A5o and held for me to bust in 7th.

£5.75 BH - Not much of interest, lasted quite a while grinding a shortish stack in the later stages and shipped 77 into KK. Took 1 head for £2.46

=================================================================

The hand from the Turbo that was questionable... Goodylad had taken a big knock and went from near enough CL to last in 1 hand, the thing that makes me doubt the call is that he'd been quite tight since the knock, there was a few spots like BvB where I thought he'd jam pretty much ATC but had folded. Anyway, folds to him unopened on the BTN and he jams 2.8k @ 200/400, SB folds and I call in the BB with K9... I have about 10k which is a very healthy stack. Thoughts?

==================================================================

So a total MTT loss tonight of £33.03

Target                        :  £1.5k profit
    Current                      :  £656.97 profit
    Amount left to go      :  £843.03

===================================================================

I bust my first bullet of the DTD £110 megasats quite early, will use my other one tomorrow night.

Cash wise, I finished +£32.22 so at least I covered my MTT BIs. Pretty annoying that it was +£30 cos I lost a £30 literally the last hand before I stood with AA against DTM when he'd cold called a 3bet to setmine, I really should have known when he clicked back the turn, it's just a set ALL the time but I'm such a fish.