You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Don't worry it's only a $10 bet lol. Me and JJ been having these kinda bets for a few months now (on different things, but usually volume related) and up to now it's been a case of he wins a bet, I give him double or nothing on the next bet and I win, he wins the next bet etc, so no money has actually changed hands yet lol, 10k points will get me back to evens on the betting ;)

Yeah I'm not gonna go mental and damage my profits just to win $10 off JJ but yeah Don think I can still get it fairly easy. I can make about 500 points per cash session if I put in a decent length session, so with 8.5k to go that's 17 sessions and there's 21 days left of the month. Obv I don't play every day of the month but I do put 2 sessions in per day alot of the time.

Meh, not sure tbh about it, I used to play on Titan loads years ago so I've already played on it loads although not for a very long time. Not appreciating the softwares skillz at coolering me though ;) It's alright I guess, I wouldn't say I dislike it but I wouldn't describe it as nice.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : was playin 50nl yesterday and never went well, at one point had like 5 out of 6 tables with £100+ and was still down around £200ish lol
    Posted by liamboi11
    and sitting on a normal 6max nl20 table with £240!!!! lol

How can you say the games are tough in the mornings when me and liam were there every morning last week spewing away in style. value to be had!
  • edited November 2013
    Got completely butchered on the cash tables on Sky tonight. Alot of standard stuff, being on the wrong end of all the coolers and just not being able to hold when getting it in.

This one sucked. Feel free to give input. The reason I didn't 5bet is cos I know Ivan is capable of 4betting light especially when stacks are deep so I wanted to keep all them hands in his range + 5betting does narrow my range down a ton...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Donttelmum Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £40.90
    F_Ivanovic Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £65.28
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

surf22 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £67.61
    Lambert180 Raise  £2.00 £2.90 £38.50
    torres215 Fold     
    Donttelmum Call  £1.90 £4.80 £39.00
    F_Ivanovic Raise  £5.40 £10.20 £59.88
    surf22 Fold     
    Lambert180 Call  £3.60 £13.80 £34.90
    Donttelmum Fold     
    Flop

F_Ivanovic Bet  £5.20 £19.00 £54.68
    Lambert180 Call  £5.20 £24.20 £29.70
    Turn

F_Ivanovic All-in  £54.68 £78.88 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £29.70 £108.58 £0.00
    F_Ivanovic Unmatched bet  £24.98 £83.60 £24.98
    F_Ivanovic Show
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

River

F_Ivanovic Win Flush to the Ace £81.80  £106.78
    Thoughts of calling this river? Given the line pre, flop and turn, I was almost certain they had 22-88. So when it comes quads on the river, it felt pretty sigh for a second, then I came to the conclusion I still had the best high card against his entire range to go with the quads. FWIW, I 100% made a mistake by not shoving the turn imo
    nu Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.00
    Cbhoy932 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £12.99
      Your hole cards

simonnatur Fold     
    eva11 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £38.43
    ronnieg197 Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £18.94
    nu Call  £0.70 £2.00 £19.30
    Cbhoy932 Call  £0.60 £2.60 £12.39
    eva11 Call  £0.60 £3.20 £37.83
    Flop

nu Check     
    Cbhoy932 Bet  £1.60 £4.80 £10.79
    eva11 Fold     
    Lambert180 Call  £1.60 £6.40 £17.34
    nu Fold     
    Turn

Cbhoy932 Bet  £3.20 £9.60 £7.59
    Lambert180 Call  £3.20 £12.80 £14.14
    River

Cbhoy932 All-in  £7.59 £20.39 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call  £7.59 £27.98 £6.55
    Cbhoy932 Show
    • A
    • A

Lambert180 Show

Cbhoy932 Win Four 6s £26.58  £26.58
    On the upside, I finished earning my 25 points on DTD tonight for FR thing and made just over £10 profit so hopefully I can get a few seats out of that.
  • edited November 2013
    KK hand pretty unlucky! I've had 3 hands tonight (2 in holdem, 1 in omaha) where I held the nuts and a flush redraw and every time I missed the flush. One time I hit the flush was vs you!! Flatting pre seems fine pretty much instant folding to a 5-bet! Guess you could raise flop given how drawy it is but call is OK and obv have to call turn. My range is probably combo draws, some 7x and AA/KK and possibly AK. So yeah think you have right equity vs that to call!
  • edited November 2013
    its hard for 9 high to win a high card battle 
  • edited November 2013
    so 5 betting narrows your range but flatting 4 bets doesn't

so what do you flat 4 bets with to keep yourself nice and wide ?

seriously

please don't respond just have a think about it, surely you should have a better reason to flat

• edited November 2013
    @Ranny - Well yeh my better reason to flat I mentioned... Ivan 4bets light a fair amount in this spot and a 5bet makes him fold all them 4bet bluffs. He's not just gonna 4bet bluff then insta check/giveup if he doesn't flop the world. When we're this deep, I'm IP and have to call £3.60 while still having £35 behind, I will flat IP against him wider so he prob knows I have a mixture of nutted hands and some pretty hands that can flop big draws. Obviously flatting the 4bet narrows my range, but not as much as 5betting imo. Not being RO but above is a perfectly example of how I got 200xBB in the middle as a 70/30 thanks to allowing him to continue with his light 4bets. Flop is actually a pretty tasty flop for the non-nutted part of my range, I'm gonna have a lot of 2pr/straights/pr + draws etc on this flop.

Lol yes I chose to ignore you and reply anyway :p

@Don - Yeh I know what you mean but I think it's pretty unlikely he'll overcall pre then donkbet that flop multiway with any 2 over type hands, so to have me beat on the river he has to have taken this line with TT+ to have a better kicker.... unfortunately he did lol.
  • edited November 2013
    The problem with the 99 hand is that even though you might be good occasionally you have a lot better hands in your range that can call the river so don't neccesarily need to bluff catch with this one.
  • edited November 2013
    The problem with the 99 hand is that even though you might be good occasionally you have a lot better hands in your range that can call the river so don't neccesarily need to bluff catch with this one.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I don't get this, it sounds like you're talking about trying to have a balanced range for calling the river shove which doesn't make any sense to me.

Surely in this spot, facing the river shove, we call if it's +EV against their range, and that's the only consideration... doesn't matter what other hands we have in our range surely, we just call with every single hand that will be +EV to call with, surely?

The only flaw in that hand... I still think his range is HEAVILY weighted towards 22-88 BUT... that means I have to give him some credit for seeing the quads on the river and going 'arrghh wtf do I do now' and just making basically a desperation shove.
  • edited November 2013
    In all spots where we think our opponent is bluffing we shouldn't just call with all our bluff catchers (unless they are ofc bluffing too much in such a spot) - we should just call with X% of hands in a spot (GTO) to prevent us from being exploited. If we start calling too much with all our bluff catchers a good villain should adjust to this and value bet wider to take advantage of that.

Not sure if I've really explained that well?

Don't know if you remembered my post in BBV from a while back if you read it. I called down with K high there and was right, but in reality it's still a bad call cause I have so many better hands to bluff catch with in that spot.

• edited November 2013
    Sorry to jump in your thread Paul, but noticed most of the Regs post in here and i was looking for some help.

As Sky Pokers HH's cannot be imported into PT4, what software (if any) do you guys use for:

Graphs (Hands vs Profit + Rakeback)
    Hand History Replayers?
    HUDs?

Hope you dont mind Paul, but as it seems i may be starting to play a lot more cash over here i figured it would be ok to ask (and some of Regs will reveal yourselves also haha)

PS - Donttelmum runs abso Golden, like ALL THE TIME!!

Thanks

Dann
  • edited November 2013
    No worries Dann, stops it being so boring when people ask stuff.

In short, there's not much you can use really. HUDs are a complete no-go, hand history replayers as far as I know are a complete no-go.

The only way you can keep records is by keeping your own spreadsheet (I can send you a copy of the one I use if you want). Or you can use http://www.pokerdominator.com/ to track all your sessions and that site will create all the graphs/stats for you. It does mean you have to enter all the details yourself at the end of the session like and there's no way of knowing (without a ton of manual counting) how many hands you've played in a session so I just go with an estimate that it's virtually always around the 80 hands per hour mark 6max online.

Yeah DTM seems to run quite well lol.

Since you're here now.... any plans to play some of upcoming live tours like the UKIPTs at DTD or this new Sky UKPC thing at DTD? Is that secretly why you joined, so you could grind the SKY UKPC sats here? :p

• edited November 2013
    Yeh, own spreadsheet is the way forward really. Also dont forget to log start time, end time, obvious (but also idle time during a session) and the number of tables you play as this will allow you to calculate hourly profit easily. 

To begin with I used to copy every single cash hand i played from the HH tab which is pretty easy to do and gives you a nice clean graph... and sb and bb performance but problem with this is that you just end up spending like 30mins updating it at the end of each session, plus the seconds are not published so some of the hands in the same minute can be the wrong way round unless you sort by hand ID - so overall i think just some generic session stats are best as thats all ya need really. 

Paul - how you finding being a full time player? been at it a few months now, eh?  Whats your schedule like and studying as much as you want?  Also, I didn't realise you had kids... must be nice to spend more time with the fam... so whats the poker/home life balance like? I'm envious i think.. i hate not having as much free time as i'd like and no answering to anyone from a work perspective!!!
  • edited November 2013
    I'd also like to hear how you're finding it? obviously the downswing last month can't have been good. how old are your children? 
  • edited November 2013
    Will just do the standard little update from my morning session then reply to you both.

Had a fairly successful morning or very successful if you include the seat I won.

£5.50 Timed Tourney - bust in prob <2 mins lol

£3.30 BH - min cashed and a few heads for £7.82. Stacks were all pretty close together near the end, think I was 5th out of 10 (top 10 paid so bubble just gone) with 20xBB, shipped AQs over a raise and couldn't hold v a 10xBB stack who cold called w/ JTo (the opener folded). Then shipped A2s and villian was probably over the moon to see I had basically the only possible hand I could have that he crushes, he had 22 and held.

£5.70 UKPC Direct into £52 Semi - Took this one down so bagged a £52 seat.

£2.50 UKPC Micro sat - 7 runners, 1in5 to the £11.50 and I came 2nd for £4.60. This one had already kicked off prior to the £5.70 direct so was only playing for the cash anyway once I locked up a semi seat.

So £17 of MTTs, I'm £4.58 worse off but a £52 UKPC seat better off, can't complain.

Was playing about 5 tables of cash on the side of these MTTs/Sats and won a little over £60 too.

Right will do replys in a new post cos this is already long.

• edited November 2013
    gl in the £52 Paul. 

You keep saying you wanty to try these big live events, (UKIPTs UKPCs) how much of a step up do you think they are compared to the mtts you have played online? 

• edited November 2013
    Warning! I have a feeling this post will be long.

Ok on the kids front, I have 3 kids in total.... As some of you may know I'm originally from Liverpool but have been living in Oxfordshire for the last 4 years ish. I have 1 daughter who lives in Liverpool with her mum (my ex), she's called Nevaeh and is 7 years old (8 on Valentine's Day). I go up and spend the weekend with her every other week.

Then I got two kids that live with me and Emma. Leah is 3 (turns 4 in March) and Lily is 5 (turns 6 in February)

Yes that's right, all 3 birthdays within about 2 weeks!!... fun times for the bank balance ;) lol.

===========================================================================

Yeah been at it now for about 3 months, will probably be doing a blog at the end of 2013 to give a summary of how it's went just cos the end of the year seems a good time to do it. FWIW here is my blog which I started when I first started

Yeah it's good to be able to spend more time with the family in the daytime, and while I do work a lot of mornings, the kids are mostly in school/preschool at these times and it's good to have the flexibility of being able to take a morning off if I need to take the kids to the doctors or whatever.

It's been a big learning curve, trying to figure out how to use my time optimally, what games I should play in the mornings/nights, where the best value is etc.

As you mentioned Chicken, the downswing wasn't particularly fun, it peaked at me having lost something in the region of a little over 100BIs in the space of 8 weeks. At times it was just horrible, but was getting loads of advice from other poker player mates and that along with variance being a little kinder has helped me get back to winning ways. Just shows why you really do need to have a massive BR! The main thing that was frustrating about it was that I was confident I could be regularly grinding 50NL before the end of the year if that hadn't happened, but meh, you're never gonna play fulltime and not have a downswing so it's gonna happen... a positive way of looking at it might be that it's better to lose 100BIs at my current level than 100BIs at 50NL ;) In a way, I almost see it as a good thing, because if I've started playing full time and just heatered for a few months, I'd almost certainly have a false image of how things will be in the longterm, whereas that gave me a rude awakening and means I'm probably in a far better place to handle the next downswing when it inevitably comes.

I have been watching more poker videos recently but probably still need to do more of it. Schedule is pretty good, I'm fairly flexible obviously and I have tweaked things a bit recently to hopefully improve my winrate. Atm, I wake up early, takes the kids to school/preschool then play roughly 3 hours in the morning and 5 hours at night, and I try to do that 5 nights a week. I mix up which days but generally include Fri and Sat every week, then pick another 3 days. I'm usually doing more than 5 hours at a night on Fri/Sat just cos it's such a good time to play.

Kinda back on the topic of kids, but our oldest Lily is in school, and once Leah is in school too (which will be the coming September), Emma is going to be looking to get a full time job which should really help all aspects. It's still fine for her to be able to do that because I take the kids to school in the morning, play a few hours and finish before they need to be picked up from school so I can manage all that myself without affecting the grind while Emma works.

I've probably left stuff out... dunno, if you got any questions/things I didn't cover, let me know.

Paul
  • edited November 2013
    gl in the £52 Paul.  You keep saying you wanty to try these big live events, (UKIPTs UKPCs) how much of a step up do you think they are compared to the mtts you have played online? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well I think playing an EPT or something would be a massive step up, but I think the smaller ones, there are still gonna be a large amount of recreational players. Granted there are a lot of good players too, but that's no different from the SPT Grand Final, or pretty much any SPT that I've played at DTD really.

I did play the £1.1k Monte Carlo at DTD as part of Team Sky Poker and tbh I was shocked by how little difference in standard there was. Who knows, maybe I got an amazing table draw lol but the standard at the table really wasn't anything special, not saying they weren't decent, but I didn't feel outclassed or anything. Just need to flip better next time ;)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : Well I think playing an EPT or something would be a massive step up, but I think the smaller ones, there are still gonna be a large amount of recreational players. Granted there are a lot of good players too, but that's no different from the SPT Grand Final, or pretty much any SPT that I've played at DTD really. I did play the £1.1k Monte Carlo at DTD as part of Team Sky Poker and tbh I was shocked by how little difference in standard there was. Who knows, maybe I got an amazing table draw lol but the standard at the table really wasn't anything special, not saying they weren't decent, but I didn't feel outclassed or anything. Just need to flip better next time ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    good responce Paul. 

Completely forgot about your TSP experiance if im honest lol. 

I assume you feel the SPTs are at a higher standard when held at DTD compared to elsewhere across the country? Did Stratford compare? 

The only reason i ask that is i felt the SPT 6 max bar a few players was probably quite soft, maybe i just drew good tables. 

DTD has also been a happy hunting ground for myself. 

• edited November 2013
    i read a book once (jonathon littles pro tournament secrets I think) that said online $215 roughly = a $10k event in standard, a $109 roughly equals a $5k in standard, and a $50 roughly equals a $1k... thoughts anyone? especially if you have played in any live events £1k+

i suppose the WSOP main event could be compared to the sunday million, 7000+ runners, lots of fish but also all the top players, lots of satelitle winners...
  • edited November 2013
    i read a book once (jonathon littles pro tournament secrets I think) that said online $215 roughly = a $10k event in standard, a $109 roughly equals a $5k in standard, and a $50 roughly equals a $1k... thoughts anyone? especially if you have played in any live events £1k+ i suppose the WSOP main event could be compared to the sunday million, 7000+ runners, lots of fish but also all the top players, lots of satelitle winners...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    The WSOP main gets compared to an $11 mtt by top mtt players. Havent played it myself but im sure others around will can answer
  • edited November 2013
    i read a book once (jonathon littles pro tournament secrets I think) that said online $215 roughly = a $10k event in standard, a $109 roughly equals a $5k in standard, and a $50 roughly equals a $1k... thoughts anyone? especially if you have played in any live events £1k+ i suppose the WSOP main event could be compared to the sunday million, 7000+ runners, lots of fish but also all the top players, lots of satelitle winners...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    I've played in live MTTS all over the world and its so luck based when it comes to table draw tho.

The £1k UKIPT in London I played was without a doubt the toughest lineups I've ever faced.  The next week the £1k at GUKPT Luton was the opposite.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : I've played in live MTTS all over the world and its so luck based when it comes to table draw tho. The £1k UKIPT in London I played was without a doubt the toughest lineups I've ever faced.  The next week the £1k at GUKPT Luton was the opposite.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
    this year's ukipt was nuts
    had Barney Boatman on my left and a super aggro scandy to my right made it very hard work.

But then the Skypoker dtd 6max table with Scotty77 tommyd Andrew1947 etc etc wasn't much easier

guess the more prestigious events have a higher percentage of good players and so you are more likely to come across good players particularly in the later stages.  Always easy to find fish early on in any tournament.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : +1 this year's ukipt was nuts had Barney Boatman on my left and a super aggro scandy to my right made it very hard work. But then the Skypoker dtd 6max table with Scotty77 tommyd Andrew1947 etc etc wasn't much easier guess the more prestigious events have a higher percentage of good players and so you are more likely to come across good players particularly in the later stages.  Always easy to find fish early on in any tournament.
    Posted by GELDY
    Cheers Geldy :)
  • edited November 2013
    Yes jac was on that table
    very hard work
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : +1 this year's ukipt was nuts had Barney Boatman on my left and a super aggro scandy to my right made it very hard work. But then the Skypoker dtd 6max table with Scotty77 tommyd Andrew1947 etc etc wasn't much easier guess the more prestigious events have a higher percentage of good players and so you are more likely to come across good players particularly in the later stages.  Always easy to find fish early on in any tournament.
    Posted by GELDY
    Sounds like you were sitting in my seat.
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry to jump in your thread Paul, but noticed most of the Regs post in here and i was looking for some help. As Sky Pokers HH's cannot be imported into PT4, what software (if any) do you guys use for: Graphs (Hands vs Profit + Rakeback) Hand History Replayers? HUDs? Hope you dont mind Paul, but as it seems i may be starting to play a lot more cash over here i figured it would be ok to ask (and some of Regs will reveal yourselves also haha) PS - Donttelmum runs abso Golden, like ALL THE TIME!! Thanks Dann
    Posted by iGoWeeWee
    If you phone Rupert Murdoch and ask him to switch you golden leaver to 'on' you will be sure to experience the same enjoyment at the tables.

Good luck :)
  • edited November 2013
    No worries Dann, stops it being so boring when people ask stuff. In short, there's not much you can use really. HUDs are a complete no-go, hand history replayers as far as I know are a complete no-go. The only way you can keep records is by keeping your own spreadsheet (I can send you a copy of the one I use if you want). Or you can use  http://www.pokerdominator.com/  to track all your sessions and that site will create all the graphs/stats for you. It does mean you have to enter all the details yourself at the end of the session like and there's no way of knowing (without a ton of manual counting) how many hands you've played in a session so I just go with an estimate that it's virtually always around the 80 hands per hour mark 6max online. Yeah DTM seems to run quite well lol. Since you're here now.... any plans to play some of upcoming live tours like the UKIPTs at DTD or this new Sky UKPC thing at DTD? Is that secretly why you joined, so you could grind the SKY UKPC sats here? :p
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hmmm that may have been one of the reasons!!!  Haha, tbh ive always thought about dabbling but hated the software.  ust checked out the new updates and its a lot better imo.  I dont have a roll or anything atm on the site but will be probably shifting a wedge over to play lots more cash, so lots of free ££ on the NL20 tables to start!!!  Just al you regs be gentle!

Ill deffo be playing sats for SPT UK thingy and UKIPT, obv heavily involved in all the APAT stuff, as well as trying to get myself on other tours more regular.

I have a revolving BR onDTD to aid that though. The cycle is:

Win money at cash > Use for Sats > Bink seat and repeat (just with a few live binks on the way!!)

Keep up the Good Work sir, and if you can send me a link the your ss ill take a look and modify if needed (Manual stuff bores me but im a revision/study/info loop!!)

ATB
  • edited November 2013
    I only played 2 games tonight. A freeroll on DTD with top 5 getting a £110 seat, busted out of that by running pretty bad in every big hand. The worst I can recall, I open the BTN with AQhh, SB folds and BB 3bets small from about 30xBB (I have like 60xBB+) and I call.

Flop comes A59hh... mmmm nut flush draw and TPGK, he check/ships, I snap, see he has 95o loool but meh I still have tons of outs, but brick them all. 

Felt pretty tilted by that whole tourney, but had the UKPC Semi to play at 9:15pm so had to have my head sorted for that.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Can I make it into the £1k ME for a fiver? Would be pretty siiick if I do. I'd have even technically got in for free, cos I've played a few sats so far, won money/seats in them all and took the cash.

This was the major turning point pretty early on that set me on the road to victory. I had a pretty decent table except for one player.... Bearlyther was making my life a nightmare. Even in this hand it feels so puke when he makes a tiny 4bet but I'm just never folding there V him.

TODDSTOOL Small blind  50.00 50.00 730.50
    jazzyj Big blind  100.00 150.00 2069.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

bearlyther Raise  200.00 350.00 3730.00
    Lambert180 Raise  500.00 850.00 3866.00
    bedbug Fold     
    TODDSTOOL All-in  730.50 1580.50 0.00
    jazzyj Fold     
    bearlyther Raise  1200.00 2780.50 2530.00
    Lambert180 All-in  3866.00 6646.50 0.00
    bearlyther All-in  2530.00 9176.50 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  436.00 8740.50 436.00
    TODDSTOOL Show

bearlyther Show

Lambert180 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• J
    • K

Turn

River

Lambert180 Win Pair of Queens 8740.50  9176.50

bedbug 20864.50 1 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Lambert180 17834.50 2 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    jakally 16522.50 3 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    daiw 16229.50 4 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Jonesy1066 15832.50 5 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Nutter5932 8716.50 6 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    RossMc 0 7 £96
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards : If you phone Rupert Murdoch and ask him to switch you golden leaver to 'on' you will be sure to experience the same enjoyment at the tables. Good luck :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Don't be selfish DTM, PM me the numba :P