You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Good luck and look forward to hearing about it. 
  • edited January 2014
    A well deserved opportunity. gl with it Paul, and run good.

Regards Alan

• edited January 2014
    Cheers Teddy, AJ and Craig, will keep you updated.

So still playing out the rest of the month here to try and make sure I get a top50 in the rake race. Gotta do some catching up though, Friday night off for Emma's birthday, Saturday night off cos I was at my mum's and a fairly small session tonight.

Was +£36 tonight.
  • edited January 2014
    Congrats Lambert! Sounds incredible!!
    Run good :)
  • edited January 2014
    If you choose Ipoker, depending on what skin you decide to play, we may be seeing a lot of each other at 100/200nl :)
  • edited January 2014
    Well I don't have to choose one or the other, I'd mostly be playing on the other site but if action is poor then I'd play on iPoker (it would be the Coral skin btw).

Do not all skins share the same player base?

===================================

Morning update. Thought it was gonna be a losing session cos failed to hold in quite a few big pots but somehow managed to finish +£45
  • edited January 2014
    Some of the skins feature tables that are exclusive to that particular site. You can choose to play these tables or the ones available to everyone on the ipoker network (Fwiw at 100nl/200nl these games contain like 99.9% regs.) I'm not sure what Coral offers though...

Also if you have a choice I would go for PT4 over HM. My personal preference :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- New Blog Uploaded ------:
    Some of the skins feature tables that are exclusive to that particular site. You can choose to play these tables or the ones available to everyone on the ipoker network (Fwiw at 100nl/200nl these games contain like 99.9% regs.) I'm not sure what Coral offers though... Also if you have a choice I would go for PT4 over HM. My personal preference :)
    Posted by 77Chris91
    Yeah the choice is up to me, but I had been told the opposite (not by the people involved in the staking). I was told it was more down to personal preference but then was chatting to someone that said there's a stat in HEM called 'Vs Hero' which apparently is just too good to miss out on, like you can see that player X 3bets 5% in general but specifically against you he 3bets 10% and so on for all the stats, sounds good :p

===================================================================

Big sigh of relief tonight when I checked my balance after the session. I was expecting bad news cos it felt like a horrible session (maybe that's just cos I'm getting used to running so well), just loads of big pots going against me etc so was well happy to see I was only -£7

More run good I guess to only be -£7 from what was a pretty rubbish session. And that brings an end to what was a winning streak of 9 sessions.

Points are at naerly 8.3k, just wanna lock up Prio which I think will lock up a top 50 in the PS4 thingy.
  • edited January 2014
    Stat sounds like it could be useful :P

Fwiw I wouldn't go crazy with your HUD configuration. In my experience having the key 7 or 8 stats gives you a gd idea of how a player plays in general. If I'm playing with regs i'm very familiar with most of the time I don't even have it on. I think in general people overestimate the importance of in game HUD's etc. Imo the value in the software is mainly the post game analysis you can do etc.

I'm sure you know loads of players that can give you advice on this sort of thing but thought I'd throw my two pennyworth in :)

• edited January 2014
    Well tonight sucked. There was a guy on my MC table that was just running insanely good - ask Rancid lol. I ran pretty bad all night, will have to share a few hands though to see if I was just being a complete station.

Not as bad as it could have been though, finished - £70

P.S. Yeah Chris, I'm not gonna go crazy with it in-game, it is more the post-game analysis that I think will be really good in helping me improve/cut out leaks.
  • edited January 2014
    Wow, I dunno how I managed to make a profit this morning! Was talking to BigHawk about how I was just hoping to be as close to break even as possible. Ran pretty bad again. Was all going bad, then I thought I'd been given a bit of help to get me back on track when I coolered someone AA v KK aipf @ 30NL for 100xBB but the K river just put me in a bigger hole.

It was my first time (literally ever) sitting at 50NL today. Started off with 1 table and ended up playing 3 alongside like 6-7 other tables of 20-40NL. 50NL was going pretty ok until the MC table broke down to just 2 of us and about 3 hands into the HU I made a T-high flush V the nut flush on a non-paired board... thankfully he was only sat with 100xBB!

Either way, somehow managed to finish +£22

Looking good for Prio/top 50 of PS4 Promo, up to nearly 9k points now and probably finish the day around the 9.5k after tonight's session. Just wanna get Prio/a top 50 spot locked up tbh so I can take a day off because starting from 1st Feb with the new stake, I'm planning a BIG grind month.
  • edited January 2014
    Wiiii my ability to keep track of how the session is going is absolutely terrible. Felt like tonight went badly and again when I stood I was just hoping for break even and I ended up being +£150 lol. Literally dunno how I could miss that much £££ but I guess I was playing 50NL tonight (as well as 20/30/40NL) so it's only a few BIs there.

Spent another £11.50 on the UKPC QF and failed to get into the Semi again :(

Looks like I'm just gonna have to take Charlotte Jackson's head tomorrow night!
  • edited January 2014
    Well this morning was pretty broootal. Losses are less than expected considering about 6 of my tables were 40/50NL but yeah a horrible inability to win a flip/hold/win a 60-40/not get outdrawn etc etc.

Finished -£130 which could have been a lot worse although that could have been wiped out with one hold but meh he did have decent equity.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    kdogg21 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £80.48
    Lambert180 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £80.70
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

petem29 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £17.26
    MOliver Fold     
    kdogg21 Raise  £1.25 £2.50 £79.23
    Lambert180 Raise  £4.50 £7.00 £76.20
    petem29 Fold     
    kdogg21 Call  £3.50 £10.50 £75.73
    Flop

kdogg21 Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £7.50 £18.00 £68.70
    kdogg21 Raise  £33.00 £51.00 £42.73
    Lambert180 All-in  £68.70 £119.70 £0.00
    kdogg21 All-in  £42.73 £162.43 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  £0.47 £161.96 £0.47
    kdogg21 Show

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• A

kdogg21 Win Flush to the 10 £160.16  £160.16
    Meh, let's hope tonight goes a bit better because I'm planning on this being the last session of the month for me. Only about 350 points shy of Prio now, as long as I think I can lock up enough points to make top 50 if the rake race without playing tomorrow.
  • edited January 2014
    We played hu on mastercash last night

i think there must have been a mistake, cus i didnt win???

not to worry just send me the 25 next time i see you

ty
  • edited January 2014
    Meh can I have another 25 please Simmy.

Standard lambo to go and have the nut worst day ever for the last day of the month. Another brutal session of coolers, people flatting 3 and 4 bets with like 22-99 and snap flopping sets all night and a whole bucket load of getting it in good postflop and being outdrawn.

I did play alot more 40 and 50NL tonight though so in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a loss. Finished -£155

Made Prio, hopefully that's enough to lock a top 50 but will check out the top 50 tomorrow and see how it looks.

Aint posted any hands for a while but what do you think.... are any of these hands 'get-off-able'/do I want to get off them long term?

FWIW, in hand number 2 I went a bit smaller on the flop so that he thought he could semi-bluff raise and have decent FE.
    anfray11 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £44.14
    PHILASR Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £96.86
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

b123n Fold     
    beaneh Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £126.01
    Ludacris Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £135.97
    anfray11 Fold     
    PHILASR Fold     
    beaneh Call  £3.50 £10.75 £122.51
    Flop

• K
    • Q

beaneh Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £7.50 £18.25 £128.47
    beaneh Call  £7.50 £25.75 £115.01
    Turn

• K

beaneh Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £17.00 £42.75 £111.47
    beaneh Raise  £38.00 £80.75 £77.01
    Lambert180 Call  £21.00 £101.75 £90.47
    River

beaneh All-in  £77.01 £178.76 £0.00
    Lambert180 Call  £77.01 £255.77 £13.46
    beaneh Show
    • K
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • K

beaneh Win Full House, Kings and Queens £253.97  £253.97
    dubzs Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £78.70
    Toshiro Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £52.24
    stellamike Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

jams29 Call  £0.40 £1.00 £45.22
    jasondav1 Raise  £1.20 £2.20 £35.20
    Lambert180 Raise  £3.60 £5.80 £40.49
    dubzs Fold     
    Toshiro Fold     
    jams29 Call  £3.20 £9.00 £42.02
    jasondav1 Call  £2.40 £11.40 £32.80
    Flop

• A

jams29 Check     
    jasondav1 Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £5.20 £16.60 £35.29
    jams29 Fold     
    jasondav1 Raise  £16.00 £32.60 £16.80
    Lambert180 All-in  £35.29 £67.89 £0.00
    jasondav1 All-in  £16.80 £84.69 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  £7.69 £77.00 £7.69
    jasondav1 Show

Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • K

Turn

River

• Q

jasondav1 Win Three 8s £75.20  £75.20
  • edited January 2014
    Oh I forgot to mention...

I played the ME tonight too cos of the CJ thing. Sadly never got to sit at her table, was doing ok, thhen lost KK<AQ. Obv had to flick in the mini too, was doing v good and was up to about 8k when I think average was 4-5k. Then I ship on a shorty open with a PP and lose the flip, then ship on a shorty open with a PP and lose the flip, then I'm the shorty and ship over an open with A9 and lose v KT after flopping my ace, and that was gg. No bounties.
  • edited January 2014
    No way you can fold either of those hands imo mate just ul

Best of luck in your new venture elsewhere

Kev
  • edited January 2014
    Hand 1 - It's a close one. Sigh fold river? A reg is never gonna be doing this with KJ and it's not the sort of board texture I would expect villain to barrel off 200bb+ in a 3-bet pot with air. Think it depends on your reads on the villain in this spot tbh.

Hand 2 - Standard
  • edited January 2014
    agree with Chris on thie hands.

hand 1: What is a reg calling a 3bet with? As soon as he raised the turn I was thinking QQ, 88 or KQ. Just can't see him ever having anything else.

Hand 2: meh. I think you have to call, but not particularly happy about it. if you were deeper you could get away from it.
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah I think I can probably fold hand 1 after a long sigh. Beaneh is definitely one of the better regs (not just nut-peddling) but in this spot on the turn, I'm just crushed by the range he raises. Hand 2 is just meh.

So there's a lot of talk about the whole 'do you actually want to be in Prio or not' (assuming you only just about get in, say 10k - 12k points). I deffo think with the recent promos, people would opt out of Prio if they could and what kind of VIP programme is it where people would rather not be in it. Personally I'm not affected because I won't be grinding hard on here this month so the 2 Prio FRs are more +EV for me than a rake race I won't be grinding for.

I won't bother updating about my staking thing everyday cos I dunno  if it's 'acceptable' on the forum and just profit/loss updates (like I was doing in Jan) get a bit boring. I got off to a good start tonight though with my first session of the stake ending just over +$700

Will still be playing on here this month due to issues with the amount of action in the mornings and gonna play Prio FRs, PS4 FR etc.
  • edited February 2014
    Good luck with it, i hope you keep posting in this diary it's been a great read lol.

Any chance of getting me in on this as well btw? ;) wouldn't mind being given a free 2.5k a day or whatever it is, playing higher stakes and keeping some of the profit haha. And not to forget the coaching, sounds amazing.
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers Skeg, ill still be keeping this updated and planning on doing a blog at the end of the month to summarise my first month of the stake with a (hopefully) pretty HEM graph.

I don't think they stake people whose strat is to open shove all premiums ;) lol.
  • edited February 2014
    Haha nice one, should be a good read. And that was just a little experiment i came up with last night doubt i'll be doing it again.. maybe once or twice more just to see if it was a fluke or not ;) lol. But seriously it's my dream to do something like you're doing lol, maybe not right now but in the future, definitely.
  • edited February 2014
    Just put the work in, improve, move up stakes (cos you're never getting staked to play 200NL no matter how much you crush 5NL lol), and get a long winning track record behind you, and get lucky like me by chatting to someone that does the staking ;)

Do you use HEM/PT4?
  • edited February 2014
    I would move up stakes if i could, bankroll management stops me in my tracks though lol. I'm going to wait until i'm 21 until i put the rest of my savings into poker, don't want to right now as i will be completely screwed if i lose everything haha. How did you start talking to people like that anyway? ;)

And i'm going to get them once i start trying to make a living from it, they sound pretty good. Don't really need them for 5/10nl anyway, it's pretty easy at those stakes lol.
  • edited February 2014
    skeg01  I'm going to wait until i'm 21 until i put the rest of my savings into poker, don't want to right now as i will be completely screwed if i lose everything haha. 

Please don't, poker is not an investment scheme!

You will progress up through the levels naturally, as you gain experience and improve, your bankroll will grow allowing you to play higher. 

If your bankroll is not growing then your not ready to move up...
  • edited February 2014
    I'm not having a dig, just some things to think about... You shouldn't move up by depositing savings, you do it by winning. If it's so easy why aren't you rolled to move up? If its just cos you withdraw lots then stopping withdrawing is a much better way to move up than just depositing savings.

Yeah I thought you might not bother and that's fair enough for the stakes, just remember, just cos the games are easy to beat that doesn't mean you're beating them as much as you could be. Try to absolutely destroy the level and not just settle for winning a bit. It'll mean you get better and learn at a level that costs less to make mistakes, you'll move up quicker and be in a better position when you do move up
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah i do keep withdrawing, don't like having too much money in my poker account while i'm just playing micro stakes - You know what i'm like, i'll get drunk and **** all my money away playing blackjack haha ;)

Once i'm 21 i'll think long and hard about it though - just enjoying my poker and my life at the minute, keep on learning and improving every day and hopefully i will be even better in a years time lol. I've got plenty of time yet ;)
  • edited February 2014
    Well if you even wanna consider it seriously at all, you need to get that blackjack problem resolved. If you wanna play say 100NL then you're gonna have like 3-4k in your account prob (even if you keep the rest of your roll in a bank) so if you can't have that much in your account without going nuts on blackjack... that aint good lol.

==============================================================

Had the most puke hand ever last night, more puke just cos it was a complete mistake on my part.

It was at 200NL and I raise to $6 w/ KK and get 3 callers.

Bet about $18 into $24 on a Q94cc flop and get 2 callers.

Turn is 4c (I do have Kc btw for 2nd NFD) and pot is about $78 so I plan to bet/fold cos I'm never getting raised here by anything that doesn't have me crushed.

BUT then I accidently misclick shove for $260 and get snapped off by A6cc .... at least I have FH outs! except the other guy snaps it off too with 44 lol. So lost about 100xBB more than I should have.

=========================================================

Played my first game of the month on Sky tonight. Pretty much only gonna be trying to qualify for the UKPC this month on here so was trying to log in to Sky, tried literally like 15+ times and it wouldn't let me in. Eventually I'd had enough and resigned to the fact I was gonna have to play on the browser, go to late reg the £11.50 UKPC QF and miss it by literally seconds. Sigh, but decide to flick it in to the £5.70 Direct into the £52 and run pretty amazing to take it down. So gl me in the £52 tonight!!

If I don't manage to get into the UKPC through Sky then I'll be playing the live mega-sats at DTD in UKPC week which are £50 rebuys to try and win a seat.
  • edited February 2014
    Nice start with the 200NL -apart from the misclick. I did it yesterday for the first time in ages and called off a big pot with 8 high when i was leading a FR with 4 left . I was playing free bingo at the time and my table popped up as i was about to press the button. Horrible

How you finding the coaching? is it done over Skype and how much time do you get?

GL

P