You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I misclicked called an all in with jack high in a hyper the other day, of course I claimed it as a sick read in the chat box.
  • edited February 2014

Too tilted to write a proper post.

Got down to the final 8 of the £52 UKPC game. 6 seats and 7th got £192 then this happened

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    IrishRose Small blind  300.00 300.00 22830.00
    Milber Big blind  600.00 900.00 4965.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Lambert180 Raise  1200.00 2100.00 8790.00
    sluggyslug Fold     
    IrishRose Call  900.00 3000.00 21930.00
    Milber Fold     
    Flop

• Q
    • J

IrishRose Bet  2250.00 5250.00 19680.00
    Lambert180 All-in  8790.00 14040.00 0.00
    IrishRose Call  6540.00 20580.00 13140.00
    IrishRose Show
    • A
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

IrishRose Win Three Queens 20580.00  33720.00
  • edited February 2014
    Lambert, if that tilts you so much that you can't write, it's a good job you don't play many MTT's on Sky ;)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- First Night of the Stake ------:
    Lambert, if that tilts you so much that you can't write, it's a good job you don't play many MTT's on Sky ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Meh, I'm used to bad beats, it's just more about the timing. Gimme that in a different tourney or this tourney but with 20 players left and it sucks but I shrug it off, just so puke on the stone bubble and of a tourney I REALLY wanna play.
  • edited February 2014
    How you finding the standard at 200nl wherever your playing?

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- First Night of the Stake ------:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- First Night of the Stake ------ : Meh, I'm used to bad beats, it's just more about the timing. Gimme that in a different tourney or this tourney but with 20 players left and it sucks but I shrug it off, just so puke on the stone bubble and of a tourney I REALLY wanna play.
    Posted by Lambert180
    ul, particularly being on the bubble

BUT - it should not matter in the slightest whether its a sat into something you want to play. it is just about the money. you can buy in with £1100 whether it's won in a sat or other mtt or NL200 or whatever.

PS there is also something about not tangling with a big stack on the bubble of a sat to bear in mind as well - particularly one as creative as IrishRose
  • edited February 2014
    Well yeah, Geldy that's a fair point, I kinda meant that I wouldn't have minded so much it happening earlier in the game or early doors in any other MTT, just preferably not on a £200 bubble but meh, it's poker.

Played the £52 again tonight and was going really well again but just missed out again :( There were 7 seats this time with cash for 8th and I was sitting 13/14 with about 10xBB so wasn't in a position to even consider folding to a seat etc, shoved 44 in an unopened spot and walked into AA who made a set just to crush my hopes of getting out of it :p

I also played the ME but if you blinked you wouldn't have known ;) I was out by 8:10pm so ended up de-regging the mini and just focussing on the staking grind on the other site.

Had a pretty sick start to the session and was +$1k in the first 60 mins. Plodded along from there then lose a pretty horrible like $700 pot (as in, I lost $350)

CO opens, I 3bet the BTN w/ KK, he 4bets and I peel IP.

I call down 3 streets on 89397 and he turns over A9s :( wal

So that put a bit of a big dent in the night but still managed to finish a little over +$750

EDIT: Just looked back at that hand ^^^ in HEM and I didn't have KK, I had AA so it's even more dirty cos he didn't have an overcard to hit.
  • edited February 2014
    How you finding the standard at 200nl wherever your playing?
    Posted by 77Chris91
    The standards ok I guess. I have nothing to compare it against though in terms of having playing 100/200NL anywhere else. There's a fair few standard super solid regs multi-tabling, then a few people punting.
  • edited February 2014
    So after stone bubbling the other day, and finishing a couple off the stone bubble the next day, last night I finally managed to make it to the Sunday Final from the £11.50 QF

Lambert180 4087 6 £500K UKPC Final

Wiiii, gl me!

I've been planning for a little while to grind MTTs across multiple sites in the mornings because morning cash action isn't that great on the site where I play cash and I finally got round to depositing on 2-3 sites and playing my first session yesterday. All my bigger BIs were a complete flop but managed to have a deep run in $2r, usually gets about $1.4-$1.5k prizepool so decent for a $2r. I FT'd it but mucked it up and ended up finishing 6th for $70 ($450 up top). Can't complain though with 1 FT from my first MTT session.

Cash on the stake was horrific, running so bad over there atm, just keep getting coolered or outdrawn. Yesterday someone peeled a 4bet with 44 then decided to just donk overbetship the flop for about $160 on 367 with his GS, I snap with KK and turn is the 5 ball, sigh.
  • edited February 2014
    Sigh, no £1.1k seats for me tonight. Sat just went rubbish from the get go, mega frustrating cos I had a really soft table and should have been able to build a big stack but hands just didn't go my way.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try my luck in the DTD live sats, so will be heading down there on Tuesday.

Plodding along ok on the staking btw.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Sigh, no £1.1k seats for me tonight. Sat just went rubbish from the get go, mega frustrating cos I had a really soft table and should have been able to build a big stack but hands just didn't go my way. Looks like I'm gonna have to try my luck in the DTD live sats, so will be heading down there on Tuesday. Plodding along ok on the staking btw.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I actually find it harder to play vs traditionally softer opponents/stations in sats - competant opponents know they should be hardly ever calling etc, but softer villains dont seem to like folding...and because its a sat and you shouldnt be going for the win its difficult to run a big bluff etc...you have to hit and hold. Its a right pain when you get a couple of them in the SB and BB when your on the button. I'd take a  "good" player in the SB/BB that folds or 3bets most of the time over a "station" all day long in a sattelite.

Had a couple of stations in the blinds last night in the final. it sucked. Shoved the button with QJs, expecting folds. got called by BOTH... with KT and A3. Still had areasonable stack after that but my AK couldnt hold vs AJ.

What are you going to do if you dont qualify via a live sat? I'll be down there from Thurs.
  • edited February 2014
    Dunno, probably be pretty pi$$ed off lol. I ain't balla enough to BI direct or even to BI to the 6max. Dunno, might hang around for a drink/rail and play some cash. 
  • edited February 2014
    Dunno, probably be pretty pi$$ed off lol. I ain't balla enough to BI direct or even to BI to the 6max. Dunno, might hang around for a drink/rail and play some cash. 
    Posted by Lambert180

my advice would be stick to the 50/1 or 1/1 cash - 1/2 cash at DTD can be pretty tough. you could quite reasonably win the buy in for the 6max in a couple of days playing 50/1...thats what I would aim for :)

• edited February 2014
    Aint updated cos I've been at UKPC. Went down on the Tuesday and played the live sat which was a £50r with 20 x £1100 seats GTD. Amazed that DTD not only met the guarantee but smashed it which is very impressive, all I can say though is that there must have been some people punting HARD to reach that guarantee in a relatively small field.

Anyway, here comes the moan... It got 147 runners and there were 22 seats + £990 for 23rd (which I'd have just used to BI direct) and at 3am I finished 25th :( That in itself was pretty gutting but then I discussed the hand the next morning with a few of the lads (all of whom are better than me) said it was a bad shove. 

I was in the SB with about 3xBB, now that might sound a bit low even for a satellite but the structure was insane lol, average stack was something like 8xBB and alot of people were under average. Everyone was obv playing pretty tight and I'd already decided if I got folded round to me I was shoving ATC from the SB which would be enough for me to lock a seat. It does fold to me, I look at T4o which isn't ideal but the guy in the BB has like 7xBB which should be enough to fold to a cash and not the kinda stack where he's gonna be calling my shove light... or so I thought.

I knew the guy on my left was decent so knew he'd be aware of ICM etc but I should have also been aware that he'd know I'm shoving pretty much ATC there. He tanks for a lifetime but he's getting such an amazing price on the call so eventually does call and turns over like the nut worst hand he can have (after not snapping) ... T9. Flops the 9 on J9x so I was drawing to running straight outs just to chop or runnings 4s to win lol... suffice to say I didn't get there.

I was only in for the £55 + £50 addon cos first I'm a nit and second I didn't think it was worth it for only an extra 5k chips given how insanely fast the structure was.

======================================

Now that's the 'beat' out the way, got the 'brag' to come...

I was loving the whole atmosphere at UKPC and really didn't wanna leave, certainly not without having played an event. So ended up just buying in direct to the £550 6max and selling a bit of my action to a couple of people.

It was a swingy day literally from the very start to the very end. I started the day playing 3 handed (because of late arrivals) with Matt Perrins but thankfully that didn't last long! Pretty early doors I dropped from 30k down to about 22k before getting an absolute gift of a double....

Macmonster opens in EP, SB peels and I peel the BB with ATss. Flop comes KQJhh (WAL). The SB leads out pretty big, I call and so does Mac. Turn is an offsuit 6 and SB just overbet ships (WAL!!!), I call and Macmonster folds. SB has KJ (and I later find out Mac folded KJ too) and I hold.

Things were quiet for a while after that, Rupinder Bedi got sat to my direct left and he took the role of table captain, hero'd me down a couple of times pretty light when I'd bricked. Then I had a pretty sick like 5 minute heater where I won 3 decent pots...

1) I open, Macmonster 3bets, I 4bet ship and my AK > his JJ.

2) I open AQ and fire 3 on AJxQx to see opponent showdown AJ

3) I open QQ, shorty in the BB peels then shoves over my cbet w/ 77 on 356r and I hold.

That took me up to 100k which was pretty insane when average was still like 35k.

Quiet period again then a proper massive pot kicked off where I ended up basically flipping for a 300xBB pot...

Villian opens, I 3bet with QQ and he peels. Flop comes 456cc, I cbet and he makes a ridic big raise, I think I bet like 5k into 8k and he raised to 25k. This guy had been pretty 'wild' to put it kindly but I was pretty confident by his sizing that he had a pretty strong draw and wanted to just end the hand now if possible. We both started the hand with 80k each which was around 150xBB and I just decide to ship the flop. He turns over Q8cc for a GS and the FD and I manage to hold to go up to about 170k (average at this point was 50k)

Really annoying hand happens where I peel KJ pre, flop TP on like J84, c/c flop, Q turn and I'm gonna c/c again but dealer mistakenly thinks he's checked behind and deals the river (offsuit 3). Floor gets called cos he wanted to bet, loads of messing about and the 3 gets put back in the deck and deck is reshuffled. He does bet and I do call, turn is a 9 this time and he's just got there with KT. Was not impressed.

This post is already getting huuuge so just gonna end it with one massive pot I luckboxed. Someone opens, 3-4 people flat and I come along with 77. Dream flop of A72r, someone leads, I flat, and there's 1 more call behind. Turn another 7 (wow), same guy leads again, I flat, the guy behind me clicks it back, the original bettor flats and I'm just like 'wow wtf, this is amazing'. 9 river, the guy who was already leading checks, I check too to allow the turn clickbacker to bet, he bets pretty big, other guy calls, I ship obv. The guy to my left who clicked back the turn tanked for ages and folded (showed 22 after the hand) and the other guy called off the rest cos he had so little behind with AK. This took me up to about 280k when average was 70k which was just a dream come true for day 1.

The rest of the day was a bit bleurgh, especially after Simon Deadman joined the table to my left. It was really frustrating to lose a lot of what I had earlier but still managed to take 165k into day 2. The last level was 1.5k/3k so I'm guessing we'll be going back to 2k/4k and I'm about 15k above average IIRC.

We had 38 go through from the 190ish runners in my day 1, and there was a similar field today so probably gonna be about 80 left tomorrow and maybe 50ish paid, dunno though yet.

Gl me!

• edited February 2014
    Aint updated cos I've been at UKPC. Went down on the Tuesday and played the live sat which was a £50r with 20 x £1100 seats GTD. Amazed that DTD not only met the guarantee but smashed it which is very impressive, all I can say though is that there must have been some people punting HARD to reach that guarantee in a relatively small field. Anyway, here comes the moan... It got 147 runners and there were 22 seats + £990 for 23rd (which I'd have just used to BI direct) and at 3am I finished 25th :( That in itself was pretty gutting but then I discussed the hand the next morning with a few of the lads (all of whom are better than me) said it was a bad shove.  I was in the SB with about 3xBB, now that might sound a bit low even for a satellite but the structure was insane lol, average stack was something like 8xBB and alot of people were under average. Everyone was obv playing pretty tight and I'd already decided if I got folded round to me I was shoving ATC from the SB which would be enough for me to lock a seat. It does fold to me, I look at T4o which isn't ideal but the guy in the BB has like 7xBB which should be enough to fold to a cash and not the kinda stack where he's gonna be calling my shove light... or so I thought. I knew the guy on my left was decent so knew he'd be aware of ICM etc but I should have also been aware that he'd know I'm shoving pretty much ATC there. He tanks for a lifetime but he's getting such an amazing price on the call so eventually does call and turns over like the nut worst hand he can have (after not snapping) ... T9. Flops the 9 on J9x so I was drawing to running straight outs just to chop or runnings 4s to win lol... suffice to say I didn't get there. I was only in for the £55 + £50 addon cos first I'm a nit and second I didn't think it was worth it for only an extra 5k chips given how insanely fast the structure was. ====================================== Now that's the 'beat' out the way, got the 'brag' to come... I was loving the whole atmosphere at UKPC and really didn't wanna leave, certainly not without having played an event. So ended up just buying in direct to the £550 6max and selling a bit of my action to a couple of people. It was a swingy day literally from the very start to the very end. I started the day playing 3 handed (because of late arrivals) with Matt Perrins but thankfully that didn't last long! Pretty early doors I dropped from 30k down to about 22k before getting an absolute gift of a double.... Macmonster opens in EP, SB peels and I peel the BB with ATss. Flop comes KQJhh (WAL). The SB leads out pretty big, I call and so does Mac. Turn is an offsuit 6 and SB just overbet ships (WAL!!!), I call and Macmonster folds. SB has KJ (and I later find out Mac folded KJ too) and I hold. Things were quiet for a while after that, Rupinder Bedi got sat to my direct left and he took the role of table captain, hero'd me down a couple of times pretty light when I'd bricked. Then I had a pretty sick like 5 minute heater where I won 3 decent pots... 1) I open, Macmonster 3bets, I 4bet ship and my AK /> his JJ. 2) I open AQ and fire 3 on AJxQx to see opponent showdown AJ 3) I open QQ, shorty in the BB peels then shoves over my cbet w/ 77 on 356r and I hold. That took me up to 100k which was pretty insane when average was still like 35k. Quiet period again then a proper massive pot kicked off where I ended up basically flipping for a 300xBB pot... Villian opens, I 3bet with QQ and he peels. Flop comes 456cc, I cbet and he makes a ridic big raise, I think I bet like 5k into 8k and he raised to 25k. This guy had been pretty 'wild' to put it kindly but I was pretty confident by his sizing that he had a pretty strong draw and wanted to just end the hand now if possible. We both started the hand with 80k each which was around 150xBB and I just decide to ship the flop. He turns over Q8cc for a GS and the FD and I manage to hold to go up to about 170k (average at this point was 50k) Really annoying hand happens where I peel KJ pre, flop TP on like J84, c/c flop, Q turn and I'm gonna c/c again but dealer mistakenly thinks he's checked behind and deals the river (offsuit 3). Floor gets called cos he wanted to bet, loads of messing about and the 3 gets put back in the deck and deck is reshuffled. He does bet and I do call, turn is a 9 this time and he's just got there with KT. Was not impressed. This post is already getting huuuge so just gonna end it with one massive pot I luckboxed. Someone opens, 3-4 people flat and I come along with 77. Dream flop of A72r, someone leads, I flat, and there's 1 more call behind. Turn another 7 (wow), same guy leads again, I flat, the guy behind me clicks it back, the original bettor flats and I'm just like 'wow wtf, this is amazing'. 9 river, the guy who was already leading checks, I check too to allow the turn clickbacker to bet, he bets pretty big, other guy calls, I ship obv. The guy to my left who clicked back the turn tanked for ages and folded (showed 22 after the hand) and the other guy called off the rest cos he had so little behind with AK. This took me up to about 280k when average was 70k which was just a dream come true for day 1. The rest of the day was a bit bleurgh, especially after Simon Deadman joined the table to my left. It was really frustrating to lose a lot of what I had earlier but still managed to take 165k into day 2. The last level was 1.5k/3k so I'm guessing we'll be going back to 2k/4k and I'm about 15k above average IIRC. We had 38 go through from the 190ish runners in my day 1, and there was a similar field today so probably gonna be about 80 left tomorrow and maybe 50ish paid, dunno though yet. Gl me!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thought I would reply to your post so you know someone read it all lol!

VBOL tomorrow m8 TID!!
  • edited February 2014
    gl lambert and run golden
  • edited February 2014

Good luck Lambert, see you tomorrow (or should that be today?!)
  • edited February 2014
    Good luck Paul
  • edited February 2014
    gl paul run well
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
    Massive well done on cashing, hope it becomes a big score. GL!!
  • edited February 2014
    GL fella hope you run well
  • edited February 2014
    Great work so far, now take it down, innit,

GL
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
    Paul on final table of 6max 

Gl gl 
  • edited February 2014
    We all know you had 99 crack AA Paul so no bad beat stories! ;)

TID mate.  Gl.

• edited February 2014
    Just got this update:

5 left, 1 is short, I've got 2.5mil, so does one other guy, thew about 1.5mil, shorty <1mil, CL about 5-6mil. £8250 locked atm
  • edited February 2014
    At least he will be able to buy some decent milk now.
  • edited February 2014