You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I'll never ever understand why "Rakeback" seems to be a dirty word for people.

Yes, off course you need to be a winning player first and foremost. A little bit of effort though and searching for the right deal can add a significant amount to your monthly profits. 

If you're going to be playing at higher stakes on other sites and putting in big volume, you could get some great Rakeback deals for yourself.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    I'll never ever understand why "Rakeback" seems to be a dirty word for people. Yes, off course you need to be a winning player first and foremost. A little bit of effort though and searching for the right deal can add a significant amount to your monthly profits.  If you're going to be playing at higher stakes on other sites and putting in big volume, you could get some great Rakeback deals for yourself.
    Posted by Jac35
    i wouldnt say its a dirty word. IMO the problem is, if you are a break even player (and living off rakeback), then you need to put in huuuge volume every month just to earn a basic wage. with the game getting tougher is wont take much for you to be losing more than your rakeback given your volume.

rakeback should always been seen as a bonus because of that

it probably changes a bit if you play games with very little edge, like hyper SNGs, where you can ut in big volume and never really lose too much edge due to players getting better.
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah it's not so much a dirty word, but it's just not always sustainable or something you can rely on. Being better than your opponents and beating the games is always gonna make you money, but you never know what will happen with RB. 

Just look at what happened on Sky about 12 months ago when C4P changed. A lot of people who play BIG volume here had their RB cut by not far off 50%. If you're a player that breaks even in the games (give or take) but makes £2k per month in RB, then suddenly it drops to £1k, that's a pretty huge knock, you probably aren't making enough money any more to live and there's nothing you can do about it (other than learn to start beating the games). 

RB just isn't guaranteed at all, Sky (or any site) could change it all tomorrow and that's up to them. You don't get RB playing live cash/MTTs etc. Fwiw, I'm only talking about playing for a living, if you play recreationally then it's just free money and great, but in terms of playing for a living, imo if you can't make enough of a living from the games then you probably aint good enough to play poker for a living. 

Btw, I do get a pretty good RB deal on my staking site (a flat 50% regardless of volume) but that wasn't a deal breaker and even still I'm trying to focus on quality over quantity at the mo anyway so my RB isn't that great. The plan is less tables but bigger win rates cos I was missing a lot of spots to take pots off people when playing too many tables.
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah it's not so much a dirty word, but it's just not always sustainable or something you can rely on. Being better than your opponents and beating the games is always gonna make you money, but you never know what will happen with RB.  Just look at what happened on Sky about 12 months ago when C4P changed. A lot of people who play BIG volume here had their RB cut by not far off 50%. If you're a player that breaks even in the games (give or take) but makes £2k per month in RB, then suddenly it drops to £1k, that's a pretty huge knock, you probably aren't making enough money any more to live and there's nothing you can do about it (other than learn to start beating the games).  RB just isn't guaranteed at all, Sky (or any site) could change it all tomorrow and that's up to them. You don't get RB playing live cash/MTTs etc. Fwiw, I'm only talking about playing for a living, if you play recreationally then it's just free money and great, but in terms of playing for a living, imo if you can't make enough of a living from the games then you probably aint good enough to play poker for a living.  Btw, I do get a pretty good RB deal on my staking site (a flat 50% regardless of volume) but that wasn't a deal breaker and even still I'm trying to focus on quality over quantity at the mo anyway so my RB isn't that great. The plan is less tables but bigger win rates cos I was missing a lot of spots to take pots off people when playing too many tables.
    Posted by Lambert180

Good point. Hadn't considered that. Seems obvious now u mentioned it though.

How many tables do u play now? Always thought 12 was too many. Used to try and play 12 myself, but stopped for the same reasons as u. Play mostly 6-9 tables now. Less if I'm deep in a tourney and can help it.

• edited March 2014
    We'll never agree on this.  :)
  • edited March 2014
    Playing less tables and sacrificing a small % of your winrate to improve your game is +ev overall imo.

50% RB + Soft competition sounds vv good lol! :)
  • edited March 2014
    ahh ok. That makes more sense then. As I think If you get a 10k broll then hitting 100nl-300nl is the equivalent of playing mid stakes on stars without the world class competition imo. And it puts you in position to clear 2-3k per month. 

I was mostly talking about grinding it out on stars which would be massively -ev compared to playing here. But if your saving for a house staking might be the way to go.... just have a clear mutual exit strategy.

• edited March 2014

That is good advice for the poker and the house.

Daggers

• edited March 2014
    Which advice daggers?

=======================================================

No cash for me last night, wanted to focus more on the stake. On Sky I just played the main and the mini, came 119th in the ME with £36 of heads so a couple of quid profit, and finished 89th in the mini not far outside the cash with £6.10 of heads so again a small profit.

Staked cash was bleurgh again, ugliest hand was flopped middle set V top set, all went in on the turn with no straights/flushes possible so 2nd nuts into nuts @ 200NL. Was about -$600 at the low point and managed to get it back to -$240 so I'll take that.

Points tallies are pretty insane in the Bronze tier for what I assume is supposed to be low stakes/low volume players so not much interest in trying to chase a result there so think I'm gonna be putting most of my focus onto the stake for the rest of the month.
  • edited March 2014
    Not played on Sky since the last update.

I did have a nice +$600 session on the other site tho, mostly at 100nl cos I couldn't seem to get many games going at 200. So hopefully the start of a bit of momentum on there. Gonna be grinding pretty hard on there for the rest of the month cos I know I can get like $3k in RB/promos if I pull my finger out
  • edited March 2014
    Just realised that last sentence might grab the attention of Jac35 lol. See I'm not against RB per se :p I just think its important to beat the games too
  • edited March 2014
    Momentum!

Bagged another winning session, only +$200 but all winning is good. It would have been a little bigger but literally the last hand before I stand from one of my tables I open TT UTG and UTG1 flats (everyone else folds). I get a 359r flop and decide to c/c cos folds quite a lot but is prone to multi street bluffs if he sees weakness. So obv I get the perfect runout 359r 2 2 and c/c 3 streets and he's got 33 lol. So lost about $60 ish there.

• edited March 2014
    Just realised that last sentence might grab the attention of Jac35 lol. See I'm not against RB per se :p I just think its important to beat the games too
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lol
    We're pretty much in agreement to be honest. 
    We both think being a winning player is the most important thing.

I just find it really odd that a few people on here talk about Rakeback as just a bonus and not important. It IMO should be very important. Just a little bit of effort in the first instance can make a huge difference in your monthly wage. When you're putting in the volume, then the difference between  for example 25% and 30% is massive. I don't know whether its peoples egos but saying Rakeback is important is not a weakness.

You said in an earlier post that Rakeback might be more for recs but not pros. I think you've got that totally the wrong way round. Just look at the pros on other sites. I know you look at another forum. From some of the diaries on there. It's a crucial element of their online earnings.

To me it couldn't be simpler. Let's say that you were an excellent barman and hugely in demand. You wouldn't take the first job that you were offered. You would nose around and find who would pay you the most.

This thing about it's just a bonus and could disappear tomorrow and we shouldn't rely on it. It won't disappear. Unless every site takes the decision to remove Rakeback then it will always be there. People would just move to a site where it was offered. I've been playing for over 10 years online and Rakeback has always been there and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

You agree with all this, right? :)
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah I pretty much agree with everything you said Jac. My point about recs v pros was more about like, if you're a rec and just play for fun then it doesn't really matter if you're a losing player (assuming you can afford it) so RB is a nice free bonus but as a pro its probably better to be in a position where you make enough to live from the games.

I think a lot of the RB hate comes out of bitterness tbh, good players being annoyed about the fact they've worked hard and continue to work hard always improving their game while they see some lazy people taking the 'easy' (can of worms there) option of settling for mediocrity and just doing their best to break even, not bothering to improve just to make £X from RB. 

You're right though, as a pro the most important thing is your total income. If that means playing in slightly tougher games with double the RB so you earn £30k per year instead of £25k then you'd be stupid to pick the softer site where you beat the games more but earn less.
  • edited March 2014
    I always viewed rakeback for pro's as there wage. 

If your good enough to play pro then I would take the rakeback as my monthly wage and my BR as seperate and dealt with on a quarterly/twice a year basis or even something at the end of a year where you have your flat BR level and anything above that can be taken out and invested/used as you see fit or even as a way of moving up levels etc.

That way there is no extra pressure that you have to win x amount each week/month and it leaves you clear to just play your game with no pressure. 
  • edited March 2014
    The only flaw with that imo, is that if you're actually a good player then your profits from the game shuold be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your RB.

First month of going pro I made maybe £1k from the games at 20NL and a little under £300 RB if I remember rightly. This month I'm up £1k so far... my RB is about £8.60 lol. Sometimes quality is way better for your winrate than quantity. I've only been 4tabling 50NL on Sky and if I continued at this rate for the month I might get £100 RB at the absolute most. I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't make 5x that at the tables
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah I pretty much agree with everything you said Jac. My point about recs v pros was more about like, if you're a rec and just play for fun then it doesn't really matter if you're a losing player (assuming you can afford it) so RB is a nice free bonus but as a pro its probably better to be in a position where you make enough to live from the games. 
    Posted by Lambert180
    disagree totally with this - sorry
    pnl is total of winnings + rakeback

pro is trying to maximise pnl = maximise winnings + rakeback - ie rakeback important
    rec is less focussed on pnl and more on enjoyment - ie rakeback is less important

now different pros may have different splits between how their income is generated between winnings and rakeback, but both components contribute. £1 from one is worth exactly the same as £1 from the other.

• edited March 2014
    My choice of wording has probably been bad or I've just shown an inability to express my point. The main thing is that imo a pros game should not be focussed specifically towards RB.

Obv this is not an exact science cos in poker every month is completely different and this is a contrived exampled but, for instance....

Player A - Plays 100NL, on average per month he makes £2000 profit from the games and £100 RB so £2100 profit

Player B - Plays 100NL, on average per month he breaks even from the games and makes £2100 RB so £2100 profit also.

Imo, Player A is BY FAR the player I would back to have better longevity in the game, is going to be the better player overall, is going to have the better chance of moving up and actually being able to beat the higher games which leads to bigger profits (and bigger RB).

For some people RB is a side affect of playing good poker and winning, a very nice one at that, for others it's ALL about RB because they aren't good enough to beat the games. Both make profit but I know which I'd rather be if total profit was equal.

Maybe it's just my competetive side and wanting to strive to be the best (even though it's pretty much unattainable in this game).
  • edited March 2014
    The only flaw with that imo, is that if you're actually a good player then your profits from the game shuold be />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your RB. First month of going pro I made maybe £1k from the games at 20NL and a little under £300 RB if I remember rightly. This month I'm up £1k so far... my RB is about £8.60 lol. Sometimes quality is way better for your winrate than quantity. I've only been 4tabling 50NL on Sky and if I continued at this rate for the month I might get £100 RB at the absolute most. I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't make 5x that at the tables
    Posted by Lambert180
    I agree you should be making money at the tables, that was not my point. But surely playing across multiple sites (or just one if you have a deal) the volume you put in should generate a decent minimum wage through RB? Obviously not being a pro i'm just going on what ive read about. Its just seems like a sensible view that no matter the variance you should still generate enough to live off and therefore have the pressure off during the bad times.

I may be way off, I dont know. I just assume that a pro would be putting in 8 hours a day and play a lot of tables? 
  • edited March 2014
    Rakeback grinding used to be a dirty phase over at 2+2, however, now you'll see a lot of graphs being posted with rakeback inclusive lines.  So the mindset regarding rb has changed imo over the last year or so.  

Ultimatley, the main thing to consider regarding this topic is:- 
    Your volume/winrate over X sample size which simplified extrapolates to your hourly rate. Hourly rate over a large sample size is THE underlying key performance indicator as a poker player regardless of winrate/rakeback 

• edited March 2014
    The momentum ended on only day 3 where I had a rough night last night. Just the way it goes sometimes when you're playing across 2 different stakes but seems like everytime I have a really ugly cooler it's 200NL and everytime I'm dishing it out it'll be at 100NL etc. I've only just realised now as I'm typing this but it was virtually a mirror image of this morning's session (that'll make sense later)... anyway, rough going at the start, dropped about $700 but a little mini heater in the last 30-40 mins of the session recovered some of the losses so it was only a -$300 session.

This morning, I ran much better, everything went pretty much as well as it could do... every bluff catch did actually catch a bluff instead of the nuts ;) virtually every bluff got through etc etc. So 3 hours in I was looking at a nice +$700 session, then boom, last 30-40 mins I got coolered for stacks a couple of times and ended up only finished +$250. Maybe could have got away from one... not sure though, IIRC it was a 3bet pot and I had AQ on something like KKJ8T - no flushes... he had KJ, the way it played out I don't think I could get away.

Also played a bit of 50NL on Sky this morning because I could only get 5-6 tables going on the other site. Didn't go too well, but funnily enough, my luck ran at polar opposites to the other site. I got battered for the start of the session, every bluff getting hero called or bluffing into the nuts blah blah. One annoying spot was that this guy had been 3betting my opens absolutely tons so I'd started 4betting him quite alot. He'd either folded to the 4bet or peeled and folded the flop up to this point and I was expecting it was only a matter of time before he got annoyed with the 4bets so the same scenario comes up again, I open, he 3bets, and I'm loving life that I actually have a hand worth 4betting this time (AKo), I 4bet and he snap shoves AT, I snap. KKQJT.... sigh.

Overall was getting battered, then as soon as I started running bad on the other site, I started heatering on Sky lol, managed to get back 2-3 BIs and finish -£130

========================================================================

On the RB side of things for anyone that's interested :p I've been keeping track this month... it's pretty easy to do cos HEM does it for you as long as you enter your RB % and I'm making about $50 in RB per 4hr session and I do a morning session + night time session so around $100 per day.  I generally play in the region of 20-22 days of the month so around $2k. The site also has a weekly rake race (a never-ending one) which I should get about $200-$250 per week from, so things are looking good to meet my target of $3k per month of RB/promos.
  • edited March 2014
    Nice 1 Paul

It's all coming into place, on wards and upwards.
  • edited March 2014
    nice work on the volume front. 
  • edited March 2014
    Cheers guys ^

I must say it's getting pretty tiresome now having run bad on the staking deal pretty much from the day I started. Logged in last night, loaded a few tables, literally like the 2nd or 3rd hand I was dealt was KK and we're only 3handed, get it in pre v AA. Then on another table like <1 min later we're 4handed and I get it in pre QQ v KK. Then another table <2 mins later, I get it all in the flop w/ AJss on 892ss and brick against 88.

So being -$600 in <5 mins sucked a little. Straight from the off there I didn't think I was gonna be able to play my A game on there and there would at least be an element of chasing getting back to break even. I played on a for a little bit more but decided that winning money/not losing more was far more important than just putting the hours in/getting RB with my C-game so I took a piece of advice I heard from a very good player recently about how sometimes if he sits down and the start of the session is horrific, he'll just quit, so I did.

So I managed abuot 30 mins play in total on there and managed to get it back to about -550 IIRC.

At the time though I'd just started playing some 50NL on Sky and that was going pretty well. I was just waiting on Emma to come upstairs to watch some Breaking Bad so I decided to play on till she came up. Ended up playing 6-7 tables for just shy of 3 hours and had a pretty sweet session, finished just shy of +£400

Shaping up to be a pretty good month on Sky, been playing and running really well at 50NL and with the £11 BH win it's almost a +£1.5k month so far and we're only 15 days in. I just wish I could transfer a bit of this rungood over to the staking deal!

============================

Getting right near the end of Breaking Bad now and I don't want it to end. No Spoilers Please! The last series is in 2 parts so there's Series 5: Part 1 and Part 2 (think it's like 13 eps in total). I'm about 5 episodes into Part 1 of it. Personally I think the show started a bit slow but series 3 tings started to get really good, series 4 was amazing, and this latest series has been great so far.

• edited March 2014
    Cheers guys ^ I must say it's getting pretty tiresome now having run bad on the staking deal pretty much from the day I started. Logged in last night, loaded a few tables, literally like the 2nd or 3rd hand I was dealt was KK and we're only 3handed, get it in pre v AA. Then on another table like <1 min later we're 4handed and I get it in pre QQ v KK. Then another table <2 mins later, I get it all in the flop w/ AJss on 892ss and brick against 88. So being -$600 in <5 mins sucked a little. Straight from the off there I didn't think I was gonna be able to play my A game on there and there would at least be an element of chasing getting back to break even. I played on a for a little bit more but decided that winning money/not losing more was far more important than just putting the hours in/getting RB with my C-game so I took a piece of advice I heard from a very good player recently about how sometimes if he sits down and the start of the session is horrific, he'll just quit, so I did. So I managed abuot 30 mins play in total on there and managed to get it back to about -550 IIRC. At the time though I'd just started playing some 50NL on Sky and that was going pretty well. I was just waiting on Emma to come upstairs to watch some Breaking Bad so I decided to play on till she came up. Ended up playing 6-7 tables for just shy of 3 hours and had a pretty sweet session, finished just shy of +£400 Shaping up to be a pretty good month on Sky, been playing and running really well at 50NL and with the £11 BH win it's almost a +£1.5k month so far and we're only 15 days in. I just wish I could transfer a bit of this rungood over to the staking deal! ============================ Getting right near the end of Breaking Bad now and I don't want it to end. No Spoilers Please! The last series is in 2 parts so there's Series 5: Part 1 and Part 2 (think it's like 13 eps in total). I'm about 5 episodes into Part 1 of it. Personally I think the show started a bit slow but series 3 tings started to get really good, series 4 was amazing, and this latest series has been great so far.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Why do women take ages to do everything?
  • ommomm
    edited March 2014
    Cheers guys ^ I must say it's getting pretty tiresome now having run bad on the staking deal pretty much from the day I started. Logged in last night, loaded a few tables, literally like the 2nd or 3rd hand I was dealt was KK and we're only 3handed, get it in pre v AA. Then on another table like <1 min later we're 4handed and I get it in pre QQ v KK. Then another table <2 mins later, I get it all in the flop w/ AJss on 892ss and brick against 88. So being -$600 in <5 mins sucked a little. Straight from the off there I didn't think I was gonna be able to play my A game on there and there would at least be an element of chasing getting back to break even. I played on a for a little bit more but decided that winning money/not losing more was far more important than just putting the hours in/getting RB with my C-game so I took a piece of advice I heard from a very good player recently about how sometimes if he sits down and the start of the session is horrific, he'll just quit, so I did. So I managed abuot 30 mins play in total on there and managed to get it back to about -550 IIRC. At the time though I'd just started playing some 50NL on Sky and that was going pretty well. I was just waiting on Emma to come upstairs to watch some Breaking Bad so I decided to play on till she came up. Ended up playing 6-7 tables for just shy of 3 hours and had a pretty sweet session, finished just shy of +£400 Shaping up to be a pretty good month on Sky, been playing and running really well at 50NL and with the £11 BH win it's almost a +£1.5k month so far and we're only 15 days in. I just wish I could transfer a bit of this rungood over to the staking deal! ============================ Getting right near the end of Breaking Bad now and I don't want it to end. No Spoilers Please! The last series is in 2 parts so there's Series 5: Part 1 and Part 2 (think it's like 13 eps in total). I'm about 5 episodes into Part 1 of it. Personally I think the show started a bit slow but series 3 tings started to get really good, series 4 was amazing, and this latest series has been great so far.
    Posted by Lambert180

Just out of interest Paul, do your stakers not mind you playing off your own money on a different site? Particularly as you are winning vs running bad on the stake?

• edited March 2014
    On the RB side of things for anyone that's interested :p I've been keeping track this month... it's pretty easy to do cos HEM does it for you as long as you enter your RB % and I'm making about $50 in RB per 4hr session and I do a morning session + night time session so around $100 per day.  I generally play in the region of 20-22 days of the month so around $2k. The site also has a weekly rake race (a never-ending one) which I should get about $200-$250 per week from, so things are looking good to meet my target of $3k per month of RB/promos.

This was my point earlier on RB. That is a great 'basic' wage to have and being a good, winning player the rest takes care of itself. Knowing you have a 'wage' pre winnings surely takes the pressure off and makes you able to play your best game more consitently. You are then free to manage your BR with no pressure and any great profit can be invested elsewhere (eg; banked, spent on private rewards, house/car etc, etc) instead of a wage in itself.

Getting right near the end of Breaking Bad now and I don't want it to end. No Spoilers Please!The last series is in 2 parts so there's Series 5: Part 1 and Part 2 (think it's like 13 eps in total). I'm about 5 episodes into Part 1 of it. Personally I think the show started a bit slow but series 3 tings started to get really good, series 4 was amazing, and this latest series has been great so far.

Enjoy the ride. I too got into it late and the first seasons did run slowly (still good tv) but the pay off is worth it season 3 onwards. Being able to watch multiple episodes and not wait during breaks makes this series better IMO as things can run quicker. Just be prepared for the gaping hole it leaves once its gone!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Just out of interest Paul, do your stakers not mind you playing off your own money on a different site? Particularly as you are winning vs running bad on the stake?
    Posted by omm
    Dunno tbh, hasn't come up in conversation. In terms of the results it wouldn't matter, obviously I have no control over how I run, I could equally be heatering like mad on there and running awful on Sky or whatever.

I always planned to just play cash on the stake and MTTs on my own money, then I just decided to play a bit near the start of this month when I saw the 50NL games were really good, and they've been good since. I've only like like 5-6 sessions of 50NL this month I think.
  • edited March 2014
    Well tonight sucked. Was at my mum's so no 2nd monitor = a lot less tables. Just played on Sky tonight and ran pretty awful. Lost most of what I won last night, but thankfully it was less than I won last night so I'm still up a about £40 over the last 2 days which I'll take after how bad I ran tonight.

Here are 2 of the biggest losses of the night. A few other big losses were when a table broke playing HU with Gazza so I think he'll be posting a good result in his diary ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £103.90
    Ariegent Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £131.95
      Your hole cards

PokerKinga Fold     
    drwill Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £104.18
    russia Fold     
    blaaaaaaaa Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £4.25 £6.50 £99.65
    Ariegent Fold     
    drwill Raise  £9.00 £15.50 £95.18
    Lambert180 Call  £6.00 £21.50 £93.65
    Flop

Lambert180 Check     
    drwill Bet  £16.13 £37.63 £79.05
    Lambert180 Raise  £35.00 £72.63 £58.65
    drwill All-in  £79.05 £151.68 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £58.65 £210.33 £0.00
    drwill Unmatched bet  £1.53 £208.80 £1.53
    Lambert180 Show

drwill Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• K

River

drwill Win Three Kings £207.00  £208.53
    And here was me thinking I was reeling in Tommy...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TommyD Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £95.75
    gazza127 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £187.36
      Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £127.52
    Jonno02 Fold     
    russia Fold     
    TommyD Raise  £5.25 £7.50 £90.50
    gazza127 Fold     
    Lambert180 Call  £4.00 £11.50 £123.52
    Flop

• K

TommyD Bet  £7.50 £19.00 £83.00
    Lambert180 Call  £7.50 £26.50 £116.02
    Turn

TommyD Bet  £19.50 £46.00 £63.50
    Lambert180 Call  £19.50 £65.50 £96.52
    River

TommyD All-in  £63.50 £129.00 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £96.52 £225.52 £0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  £33.02 £192.50 £33.02
    TommyD Show

Lambert180 Show

TommyD Win Three 9s £190.70  £190.70
  • edited March 2014
    Had another rubbish night at 50NL last night, just couldn't win a pot to save my life. Finished -£270

But I had a shot at getting myself out of that hole cos I was going deep in the ME.

I busted the Mini just inside the money (I think), coming 55/482, total cash was £11.02 anyway.

Was doing really well in the ME though, took a bit of a knock with 20 odd left when I got it all in pre A9 v KQ, A high was good up to the turn then I rivered TP which gave the other guy broadway :( Still had maybe 15xBB after that but never really recovered. I should take JJ's advice and just not watch runouts cos they can be cruel... my exit hand was 3bet jamming 88 into JJ and runout was 8xxxJ. Thought it was gonna be my night when I saw that flop but oh well, still yet to make a top 10 in the Sky ME. 

I finished 19th for £100 including heads so that recovered some of the cash losses