You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited April 2015
    So I had a pretty decent night of UKOPS last night. Most will have seen in the thread I started last night but I got off to a great start then got totally crippled with AA v 22 on K82hh, was left with 2bb at 100/200 and somehow managed to spin it up and finish in 2nd place for £1500 so in the dying hours I managed to save myself from having a total white wash this UKOPS.

Apart from a few min cashes and bounties it was a pretty bricky night on the stake

I got Pingu to SS me and Larson again this morning for our prop bet, knew I'd still be behind but that catching him would look a bit more realistic so here it is.

SS seems to miss more stuff than I thought cos my true MTT profit for 2015 is more like £2k (I keep a spreadsheet) but I know an £11BH the other day, I came 3rd and think Larson came 2nd or won it and that got missed off, so we're both gonna miss some stuff so not worth worrying about, sharkscope variance. 

I've been keeping track of games played again so far this month, not actually set a target but was pretty annoyed I didn't hit 500 comps last month cos it should be easyyyy for me, so wanna keep track this month so I know when i do beat 500 this month.

So 6 days in...

Staked: 52
    Sky: 24

Total: 76
  • edited April 2015
    Had a few decent runs/results today but nothing spectacular.

On stake, I finished 122/1513 for about $80 in a 27pko, FT'd the $50 turbo BH on party finishing 6/88 for about $250, mincashed the 11r on 888, finishing 25th for $53, and I just finished an $11 FO on 888 too where I came 2nd for $330 ($550 ftw). So was about +$300 for the night.

Small loss on Sky, only results really were 10th in an £11BH for about £35 and I played the £17 VLV sat again and won my £77 seat. Annoyingly they seem to have taken away the option to pre-reg the later stages which I always like to do unless I'm not free to play but I guess I'll have to make sure I'm free this Saturday night to play the £77 game.

Staked: 67
    Sky: 33

Total: 100
  • edited April 2015
    Forgot to update the last time I played which was Thursday. 

Financially it wasn't too bad a night but it felt really sigh, I had big stacks going everywhere in the first hour or two and just didn't convert any of them. Finished 165/1550 for about $40 in a 27pko, finished about 150th out of about 3000 in the Hot7 for about $25 and got 2 heads in the $50 turbo BH for $30, no other cashes on stake.

On Sky I had a great start in the main, doubled within 30 mins, and had trebled within an hour, was top 10 stack or thereabouts for most of the tourney and CL for a good while, then with about 50 left I just blew it, made a few bad calls, got a bit unlucky and eventually jammed BvB w/ KT into K8, all was going well for the double until the 8 river. So I went from about 10/50 (with 40 paid) to busting in 48th, although did get like £70 in heads. I played the £17 VLV sat again just for the £77 this time (as I won my seat earlier in the week) and there was insane overlay for some reason... £17 BI, 7x£77 seats GTD and it kicked off wiht 7 runners lol and only reached 17 by the end of late reg. I shouldn't lol cos despite it being almost 1in2 that got a seat, I still didn't manage to get one, bust 9th I think which was pretty annoying. Then towards the end of the session I managed to save the night by FTing the MBI where I finished 5th for about £190

===============================

Tonight I was at my mums and wouldn't always play but I had won my £77 VLV seat and wasn't able to take the money so I had to take that and I wasn't gonna sit there 1tabling so I just had a night of Sky only.

Spotted another £17 VLV sat that looked like good value with about 5 mins of late reg left so I jumped in that and won my seat to pocket £77.

The only other result of the night is that I went on and wno my £350 VLV seat from the £77 game :D Very excited to be playing the final in 2 weeks time and have a shot at one of the £3.5k packages.

Otherwise I just got a few heads across the mini, £11BH and £55BH, so small loss in terms of what's in my account right now, but  deffo a few hundred up if I couunt my £350 seat.

Staked: 81
    Sky: 52

Total: 133

• edited April 2015
    Great Stuff Lambert, Looking forward to an epic Vegas Final Stream and hopefully one of us will make it to Vegas gl
  • edited April 2015
    Cheers JJJ, sadly the final is gonna take place on a Saturday when I'm at my mum's house in Liverpool so I won't have the setup or internet speed there to be able to stream it. Yeah I'd absolutely love to win a seat (as I'm sure everyone would), I aint even left the country on holiday since I was 7yr old (21 years ago)!

============================================

Having a bit of a dry patch on the stake at the moment. I had a couple of shots to get a score tonight but fell short. Zero cashes on 888, $15 of bounties in the $50 turbo BH on party, 132/1391 just ITM with a few heads in a 27pko for about $50, and the best shot of the night 32/1409 in the 27turbo KO (the one I've FT'd twice) for about $100 + $40 in heads, I didn't look but it's usually about $5k for 1st.

Things went a bit better on Sky but still a lot of near misses really, I got....

12th out of 108 in an £11BH for £35
    25th out of 295 in Main for £125
    4th out of 469 in Mini for £100
    25th out of 280ish in £11BH for £11
    8th out of 40 in MBI for £90

The main/mini was pretty gutting, I was looking in pretty ok shape for a jackpot then it all went a bit wrong. I was 16/25 in the main and GII pre w/ QQ v KK, I flopped a FD aswell to get out of it but couldn't get there. I still managed to FT the mini but I had a pretty massive stack and this hand on the FT bubble really killed my momentum and left me going into the FT pretty short.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mystyle03 Small blind   2500.00 2500.00 142137.36
    robwatson Big blind   5000.00 7500.00 50960.71
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Raise   10000.00 17500.00 143905.60
    mystyle03 Call   7500.00 25000.00 134637.36
    robwatson Call   5000.00 30000.00 45960.71
    Flop

mystyle03 Check        
    robwatson Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   13720.00 43720.00 130185.60
    mystyle03 Call   13720.00 57440.00 120917.36
    robwatson Fold        
    Turn

mystyle03 Check        
    Lambert180 Bet   26777.00 84217.00 103408.60
    mystyle03 Call   26777.00 110994.00 94140.36
    River

• A

mystyle03 Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    mystyle03 Show
    • A

Lambert180 Muck
    • Q
    • Q

mystyle03 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s 110994.00   205134.36

The other really gutting hand was when I was cruising in the MBI with a massive stack, think I was 2/8 (6 paid) then I GII with KK v AT v AK (with 1 of those being the only guy that had me covered) for what would have been another head a proper huuuuuge CL, but I lost and bust in 8th. So about +£170 for the night on Sky, but oh so close to a few big ones.

Staked: 96
    Sky: 60

Total: 156
  • edited April 2015
    Yo, couples of days without an update but I have been playing (Wed and Thurs).

Still not getting much in the way of results on 888/party/stars for the last couple of weeks, although I am just about managing to have the odd small cash here and there to avoid getting in too deep a hole. I had 1 cash across those 3 sites on Wednesday but that was 3rd place in the $50 turbo BH on party for $465 so managed to make a small profit.

Last night got off to the the most grim start of a session that I've ever had since grinding MTTs in 2015. I reg in the region of 25-30 comps per night with my session starting around 7pm, when I get to 9:30pm ish I always have an absolute minimum of 10 tables running, often 12+, last night at 9:30pm I had 2 tables... I was just busting them faster than I could reg them lol. Not much you can do about it, I was happy with how I played all of the hands leading to my bust outs, just sometimes all your beats/coolers come at once, just gotta keep regging up more comps. Again across all 3 sites I managed a total of 1 cash, in the very last comp of the night as well, a $55KO on 888 that starts at 11:15pm... I almost managed to save the session with that comp as I think 1st/2nd would have got me out of it but I bust in 6th for $125 to at least cushion the blow a bit.

====

Sky has been a little better (but not much), Wednesday I had a deep run in the main, and had a good shot to make another run at my first main event win but with 15 left I got it in pre ATvA6 and gg'd on 6xx so got about £70. Only other 'result' Wednesday was busting in 17th in £55 9pm BH for £45 of heads.

As above (having 2 tables left by 9:30pm) Sky didn't start well on Thursday either, I was busting comps for fun, then managed to save the night right at the end. No cashes (apart from the odd head) up until about 11pm and then I ended up FT'ing the 9pm £55 BH and the MBI, neither one was a great bink like but certainly can't complain. I got 6th in the MBI for £150 and 4th in the 9pm for £185 so finished up making a little over £100 profit.

I've been watching a lot of inspirational speeches recently on Youtube and this one led me to do a little more learning about US history. I'll share the speech here because I think it's brilliant... it makes me very sad to think of these people who work so selflessly for the betterment of the world and are taken away so early.

• edited April 2015
    so much one could say about that clip paul, but i'll refrain - don't want to kick things off - mark of a true leader

gl with the grind
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Cheers JJJ, sadly the final is gonna take place on a Saturday when I'm at my mum's house in Liverpool so I won't have the setup or internet speed there to be able to stream it. Yeah I'd absolutely love to win a seat ????? 

????????

You mad bro?????

Liverpool WONT get to the final as wel be knocking them out in the semis on Sunday!!!

• edited April 2015
    Cheers Geldy, would be interesting to hear your thoughts, but I understand it could open a can of worms.

Maca, I think you've got some crossed wires lol, I'm in the Viva Las Vegas £350 final to win a package and I will be playing it at my mum's house in Liverpool lol but I won't be able to stream it on Twitch cos I won't have my full set up and my mum's internet aint good enough.

======================

Poker is being pretty rubbish atm, lost pretty much every 70/30 and 80/20 tonight and it's boring updating loads about that stuff so I wont. Few cashes and heads on stars, nothing on 888 and didn't play party.

Sky was much the same although I had one highlight, when I late regged the the £17 VLV sat with about 15 runners left (7 seats) and won a seat/regged £77 in advance and took £77. I was tempted to play the £77 and try and take the £350 instead but at the time I had more than enough tables running. The only other cash of the night was 1 head in the MBI for about £30.

====================

I think I forgot to mention it on here but I finally got myself a new set up a few days ago. It's been so long overdue, I'd been playing on a laptop which is now 6-7 years old and was just struggling more and more each session, so I finally got myself a desktop (and had to get another monitor as I don't have my laptop monitor now obv)

Since I've got it, everything just runs like a dream, I can play 12+ tables and stream on Twitch annd do various other bits and bobs without the tiniest bit of lag anywhere.

Staked: 142
    Sky: 87

Total: 229
  • edited April 2015
    Nice curtains! :P
  • edited April 2015
    Pretty grim Sunday on stake, another day with pretty much zero cashes. Not much else to say really cos I don't have any runs to discuss (apart from 1). The only 'run' I made was in the $11 Storm, it was the 4th Anniversary of the comp so they guaranteed it at $1mil and guaranteed 1st prize would be $100k+... It got a pretty mental 104,939 runners which I don't think I've ever seen in any comp, and I finished 4290th for $28. It speaks volumes about my night when I say that was the best cash of the night.

Sky wasn't much better, GII good lots n lots, lost lots and lots. I was going well in the Roller then made 2nd nuts v nuts on the river V Rose, she clicked back my river bet, I wanted so badly to fold but didn't have it in me, knew I was never raising, called and was left with about 4500 at 250/500. Spun it back up and it was soon looking like the comp that I needed a score in to save the night. All went well once I got back to a playable stack, played well, faded getting coolered etc, built up a pretty decent stack during the bubble. Long story short, 15 left (we're ITM by now), I 4bet jam AQ, get called by AT and it's gg :( in almost identical circumstances to my deep run in the £11r sky main the other day with 15 left when I gg'd with AT<A6 aipf :(

Got £230 which made the night marginally less bad.

Staked: 158
    Sky: 97

Total: 255
  • edited April 2015
    Last night was pretty terrible on Sky, pretty much not had a single decent result on Sky since the UKOPS main on 6th April, although I have had a few very small bits and bobs to keep me only a little under break even since that point so it's hardly the biggest downswing ever, in fact, it aint a downswing at all, just a bit meh.

Was another night of bricks on Sky on Monday, where literally the only cashes of the night were 1 head for £3.75 in an £11 BH and 1 head for £18.75 in a £55 BH. I also played the DTD for the first time in ages guesting for one night only under Team Dohh, I got off to decent starts in all 3 but didn't really amount to much.

The staked sides of things was also going in the exact same direction, just not building any stacks anywhere, busting comps as fast as I could reg them etc, then towards the end of the night, I got a double up in the 11r, one of the few comps I had left from the ealry horus of the session, and that put me back in the game, something like 28/40 with 30 paid. Long story short I managed to get HU in it but stacks we're about 350kk v 1.2mil... not great but 1 double and it's game on, then like 2-3 hands into the HU I jam Q5s pre and he snaps with AA. Oh well, a much needed 4 figure score to save the session.

=======================================

FYI - I'll be back streaming on Twitch tomorrow night (Wednesday) from 7:30pm until probably 1-2am+ depending on how good the session goes of course.

Staked: 172
    Sky: 109

Total: 281
  • edited April 2015
    Yo,

Just a quick summary of last night's session

Think I was pretty much break even on Sky, couple of half decent runs but nothing major, got 10th out of 80 in £11bh for about £30, 13th out of a little over 200 in the mini rebuy for £35 and 4th in the MBI out of about 40 for £140, few heads here and there in other comps but pretty much break even for the night.

The staked comps weren't going great, had a few decent runs that didn't amount to much, was going deep ish again in $27KO on stars but lost a pretty huge flip 88<AJ as we were nearing the money and bust out shortly after with $20 of heads. I mincashed a $11 FO on 888 for $15, 24th out of 209 but managed to pull off a session saver in the very last comp of the night. It was the $55KO on 888 and I took it down :D Not the biggest bink ever but it's always a great feeling to take down an MTT, been getting a lot of 2nd-10th recently too so nice to win one. I got just over $650 in the end for a decent winning session on stake.

There was one HH I wanted to include from the above comp, as a bit of a brag. Not trying to sound like a tw@ but I think it's a pretty easy call if you think the hand through and anyone on stream wil have seen I pretty much snapped, but not often I get to call rivers with Q high.

#Game No : 691189188
    ***** 888poker Hand History for Game 691189188 *****
    $1,000/$2,000 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 
    Tournament #68394233 $50 + $5 - Table #2 9 Max (Real Money)
    Seat 1 is the button
    Total number of players : 5
    Seat 1: ApTucT ( $47,656 )
    Seat 2: McN4lly ( $32,580 )
    Seat 5: eddiestrike ( $102,217 )
    Seat 6: DreamLikeMe ( $35,084 )
    Seat 10: Lambert180 ( $87,463 )
    eddiestrike posts ante [$200]
    Lambert180 posts ante [$200]
    McN4lly posts ante [$200]
    ApTucT posts ante [$200]
    DreamLikeMe posts ante [$200]
    McN4lly posts small blind [$1,000]
    eddiestrike posts big blind [$2,000]
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Lambert180 [ Jh, Qc ]
    DreamLikeMe folds
    Lambert180 raises [$4,000]
    ApTucT calls [$4,000]
    McN4lly folds
    eddiestrike calls [$2,000]
    ** Dealing flop ** [ Ts, Ks, Td ]
    eddiestrike checks
    Lambert180 checks
    ApTucT checks
    ** Dealing turn ** [ 6c ]
    eddiestrike checks
    Lambert180 checks
    ApTucT bets [$4,000]
    eddiestrike folds
    Lambert180 calls [$4,000]
    ** Dealing river ** [ Kc ]
    Lambert180 checks
    ApTucT bets [$11,000]
    Lambert180 calls [$11,000]
    ** Summary **
    ApTucT shows [ 3c, 3s ]
    Lambert180 shows [ Jh, Qc ]
    Lambert180 collected [ $44,000 ]

We open QJo in the CO which is pretty standard and get called by the BTN and BB. KTTs does give us an OESD but I think we're gonna really struggle to get our cbet through both players very often and it also forces us to fold our equity when raised so I check. The button checksback flop and that's the key to the hand imo, I don't think villian is checking back Kx or Tx on this wet of a flop 3way pretty much ever. Then villian has a very small stab on a offsuit 6 turn, we can still have the best hand here sometimes but either way we're getting a great price on our OESD and (imo) we know he can't have Kx/Tx.

Then river pairs the K making it KTT6K and he bets when he's last to act (so hsa the option to just check to showdown). He never has JJ+ given action pre, he can't have Kx/Tx imo which is the only value hand he can bet and he'd just checkback Ax because there's no need to bet, he won't fold out better and it's a real push to get called by worse. So if he checksback Ax and never has any of the value hands then imo it has to be almost exclusively PPs that have been counterfeited on the river and can only win by betting.

Staked: 187
    Sky: 118

Total: 305
  • edited April 2015
    Wow, a trip report for a single hand history! ;)

I think there are merits to betting Ax on the river, and you calling with Qx means there can be some thin value if you look for it. A lot of people will check back Ax on the river though, happy to take whats in the middle. Leak?

Couple of nice results on 888 the last few of days. Must be soft over there.
  • edited April 2015
    Hey Paul - Nice result on the stake there, well done. Not managed to watch you on twitch tv yet, but wondered if you use a HUD on Stars and if the Stake bods encouraged you to use them or prefer to play without?

Are you better off financially so far with the switch to MTT's from Cash or if not do you think you can get to being better off in the long term?

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited April 2015
    Cheers Harry, yeah a combination of it being soft and me taking on board some great coaching from Bates about how to choose your own runouts. My personal favourite on that FT was K4s > KK aipf

Cheers Gregster, I do use a HUD yes, HEM2, although just recently got a new comp so I need to set it all up again on there and so haven't used it for the last couple of sessions.  The 'stake bods' don't really care whether I do or not, two of the people who run the stable are vvv good players that don't use HUDs.

It's tough to say really with MTTs because there is SO much variance involved it's unreal. I could have won the Big55 last week for $35k and be miles better off than normal or could have ran awful and be much worse off. As it is, I'm about +£2.5k up on Sky this year and nearly +£2.5k on stake (I'm up more but that's about the cut I've actually received) so I'm doing ok but could deffo be better. I started out as a decent solid MTT player but still with a lot of leaks in my game, I feel like I'm already a much better player now than when I started but there's still so much room for me to improve and I'm getting help 3 people that absolutely crush MTTs on all sites to get there, so I think my edge in my current games can only get bigger atm, and of course as time goes on I'll move to some higher stakes games too.

• edited April 2015
    Was feeling pretty gutted earlier (and still am), tonight was the VLV £350 final for a seat, I got off to a pretty great start and had doubled my starting stack within an hour or so from 5k to 10k, then I got it in 5k effective with AK v AT... winning gives me 15k which would be a realllly solid stack with about 23 left, but runout was xxTTT just to rub it in. I 3b jammed A7 into 99 shortly after and it was gg :(

Gutted it looks like I won't be going to Vegas this year now, but on the bright side, Liamboi did go on to win one of the 5 seats so vwp to played him, hope you enjoy it!

It was the most bizarre satellite bubble I think I've ever seen. Someone has 4xbb, someone has about 11-12xbb, CL has about 90xbb, and yet someone on 35xbb who could probably shut down his computer and still win a seat decides to just start open shoving. In the end it was this that saved Liamboi's bacon because he shoved T8o, the 11-12bb stack called with AA and flop came QJ9 to give liamboi a seat who was on 4xbb.

Discussed that call w/ AA with a few mates, they don't agree but I think AA is a fold in that spot for the guy with 11-12xbb. I just don't think it's worth taking the 20% shot that we bust out when someone has 4xbb. Can't remember the guy's alias, but either way, vv ul to not double and probably lock himself a seat.

Only other comps I played tonight were main which I bricked and mini where I got about £3.50 in heads.
  • edited April 2015
    What were other stacks? AA is 85% vs 2 random cards, not 80%. And 22/24bb should be 99.99% guaranteed wheras 11-12bb definitely isn't if there's just one person on 4bb - all it takes is for the 4bb stack to get a few shoves through uncontested or for him to win a double up and for 11bb stack to fold a few orbits for him to end up being shortest stack. Does 11bb have 85% chance of cashing if he folds? I dunno.... seems close.

I think if I call and lose with AA then it wasn't meant to be anyway!!
  • edited April 2015
    hey paul thanks for rail and yeah can`t wait to june now.

vul for yourself is there not another final next month to try get into ?

also like you said the 35xbb stack saved my bacon and vul to the guy busted in 6th was horrible.
  • edited April 2015
    I watched it and have played both players, nannypat66 (my condolences) with AA in sb and reeler with the 10 8 off. I think it is so close and a perfect example of satelite play that i lean towards the fold. It's a £3k bubble which meant alot for both as im pretty sure they freerolled into it (or got in via £17), so pretty sick spot and liamboi was so short and his big blind was coming round again, with hindsight obviously easier to analyse. Anyways I think Liamboi owes Reeler a dinner in vegas because his bacon was well and truly saved lol
  • edited April 2015
    liamboi owes me lol ..yeah i all ined a few times in the final table up to that point i hadnt done anything risky or stupid just played solid poker . then we got to the bubble and i have aa twice in a row and im all in str8 off no messing just dont want any one to call just happy to take the blinds .then a few hands later i get what i thought was ten ten and jammed thinking liamboi is gonna call and every one else is gonna fold . then i see its ten 8 and im like wtf have i done lol im goosed here when i see im called by aa then the flop hits the str8 and i instantly felt sorry for the guy who went out but delighted aswell cause the game was done . and i was arguing with my m8 about folding aa pre flop yes i agree with you lambert its a definte fold pre in that spot .my m8 said no way are u ever folding aa pre and im like yes if were on the bubble and i dont need to get involved yes im folding it . but my m8 is a cash player and cash players will obviously not fold aa and quite right aswell lol 
  • edited April 2015
    liamboi owes me lol ..yeah i all ined a few times in the final table up to that point i hadnt done anything risky or stupid just played solid poker . then we got to the bubble and i have aa twice in a row and im all in str8 off no messing just dont want any one to call just happy to take the blinds .then a few hands later i get what i thought was ten ten and jammed thinking liamboi is gonna call and every one else is gonna fold . then i see its ten 8 and im like wtf have i done lol im goosed here when i see im called by aa then the flop hits the str8 and i instantly felt sorry for the guy who went out but delighted aswell cause the game was done . and i was arguing with my m8 about folding aa pre flop yes i agree with you lambert its a definte fold pre in that spot .my m8 said no way are u ever folding aa pre and im like yes if were on the bubble and i dont need to get involved yes im folding it . but my m8 is a cash player and cash players will obviously not fold aa and quite right aswell lol 
    Posted by reeler

yeah mate you played well through the sat.

You put me in a few tough spots since we were big stacks all way through to last 8-9 left, I made a few tight folds because didnt want clash with you when they were shorter stacks.

But yeah you defo saved me on the final hand when bust that guys aces,  I`m mainly cash player and i think if i`m that guy with myself being that short and blinds coming round I think I fold but whether it`s right or wrong i`m sure they are pros and cons for both decisions.

see ya in vegas :)

• edited April 2015
    Yeah I think it's the particular layout of the stacks that make AA a fold. If I recall correctly, with 6 on the bubble it was something like...

4bb
    11-12bb
    35bb
    35bb
    35bb
    90bb

So if the guy with 11-12bb just refuses to play another pot, you're in reallly bad shape. As Ivan said if you could get a few steals thru then it becomes closer but with those stacks you aint gonna. If u jam cos it's only 4bb and doesn't harm anyone at the table it'll just go call, call, call call, call imo to try and get you out and you'll need to win an AI against everyone who hasn't folded before it got to you. Also Reeler was just jamming every hand so you had no FE there if he is in pot in front fof you and were gonna need to call it off and win vvv soon. But yeh great spot for you Liam, wp and enjoy.

=================

Lots of updating to do cos aint done one for a few sessions but nothing special to update really...

Played Thursday, few heads on stars, best result was 91/1502 in $27ko for about $60, no cashes on party/888.

Few small results on Sky that night, got £25 of heads in 22bh, 35/356 in 33bh main for £70, 5th in the 9:30pm 11bh for £150, lost big flip for CL AK<JJ to gg, and was low on tables early doors so flicked in the VLV freerolls with the plan to just muck about, try and spin it up and if not, no worries. Did no good in the one for £52 seats but ended up winning a £17 seat and just taking the money.

=================

Saturday I updated at my mums, that was the VLV final fail

=================

Monday, no cashes on stars, no cashes on party, and not much on 888... got 37/583 for $40 in the $22 challenge and got $50 of heads in the 55ko.

On Sky, I got 16/313 in main for about £80, about £40 of heads in the 55bh, and I won a £22bh, 1/69 for £356 so about a +£250 night on sky but still not having a great time of it on the stake.

Staked: 216
    Sky: 143

Total: 359
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah I think it's the particular layout of the stacks that make AA a fold. If I recall correctly, with 6 on the bubble it was something like... 4bb 11-12bb 35bb 35bb 35bb 90bb So if the guy with 11-12bb just refuses to play another pot, you're in reallly bad shape. As Ivan said if you could get a few steals thru then it becomes closer but with those stacks you aint gonna. If u jam cos it's only 4bb and doesn't harm anyone at the table it'll just go call, call, call call, call imo to try and get you out and you'll need to win an AI against everyone who hasn't folded before it got to you. Also Reeler was just jamming every hand so you had no FE there if he is in pot in front fof you and were gonna need to call it off and win vvv soon. But yeh great spot for you Liam, wp and enjoy. ================= Lots of updating to do cos aint done one for a few sessions but nothing special to update really... Played Thursday, few heads on stars, best result was 91/1502 in $27ko for about $60, no cashes on party/888. Few small results on Sky that night, got £25 of heads in 22bh, 35/356 in 33bh main for £70, 5th in the 9:30pm 11bh for £150, lost big flip for CL AK<JJ to gg, and was low on tables early doors so flicked in the VLV freerolls with the plan to just muck about, try and spin it up and if not, no worries. Did no good in the one for £52 seats but ended up winning a £17 seat and just taking the money. ================= Saturday I updated at my mums, that was the VLV final fail ================= Monday, no cashes on stars, no cashes on party, and not much on 888... got 37/583 for $40 in the $22 challenge and got $50 of heads in the 55ko. On Sky, I got 16/313 in main for about £80, about £40 of heads in the 55bh, and I won a £22bh, 1/69 for £356 so about a +£250 night on sky but still not having a great time of it on the stake. Staked: 216 Sky: 143 Total: 359
    Posted by Lambert180

Hi Paul 

Congrats on your win in the £22BH.  Was watching a lot on Twitch  from 8pm to 10pm last night. One question. You folded a lot to 3 bets with small pocket pairs. Dont you think its pofitable to call and try and hit your set or is it better to fold and wait for a more premium hand?

Darryn

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Hi Paul  Congrats on your win in the £22BH.  Was watching a lot on Twitch  from 8pm to 10pm last night. One question. You folded a lot to 3 bets with small pocket pairs. Dont you think its pofitable to call and try and hit your set or is it better to fold and wait for a more premium hand? Darryn
    Posted by darryn1973

Cheers for watching.

As a general rule, it's not great to be pure setmine facing a 3bet in (the deeper stages of) MTTs. It depends on the PP, not all are equal, i.e. 22-55 we're pretty much just gonna be setmining cos it has little to no post flop playability whereas 88/99 has some postflop playability (as well as the ability to flop sets obv).

We just usually aren't getting the price to setmine facing a 3bet in MTTs because stacks tend to be shallower and the vast majority of people 3bet too big on Sky which really reduces our odds/implied odds. Also in cash games where we can just top up whenever we want, it's fine to take every spot pre if it's gonna be +EV but in an MTT when chips are valuable, it may be more worth our while to  save ourselves those 6xBB and maintain the same level of play in our stack (i.e. we can still raise/fold, 3bet/fold etc) rather than taking a small  +EV spot of set mining that's gonna leave us in bad shape/needing to GII soon when we have to fold flop like 85% of the time.

That's my thoughts on it anyway, I make lots of mistakes every session so I'm more than happy to be told I'm wrong.
  • edited April 2015
    Couple of decent results tonight on Sky but still nothing going on with the stake at all. Getting pretty frustrating now but at least it's good I got Sky as my back up to make some £££ of my own.

Best result of the night was finishing 59th out of 1456 int he 27 turbo ko on stars for about $90... I swear I'm going to win that one day soon!

On sky, got a few heads here and there, main and mini were both pretty grim, so many good spots early to get a double (double) stack and couldn't hold, was in for £55 and £27.50 respectively and didn't threaten to cash either. I FT bubbled the 9pm £55BH, for £1800, and FT'd the £22BH (10:15pm one) finished 3rd for £157.

Was pretty gutting in the MBI, there was about 20 left and Solly jams 10xBB on the BTN, I've just about got him covered and have got AQ in the BB so loving life but he manages to show up with AK. We get left with something like 700 chips at 400/800 and we're in the SB next hand lol, then we go on an epic spin up, get ourselves back up to a playable like 10xBB stack, and eventually we are 5/7 on the FT (and money) bubble with about 21k at 1k/2k when we ship 88 3handed and get snapped by AA to end up bubbling anyway after all that drama.

Staked: 231
    Sky: 152

Total: 383

• edited May 2015
    I didn't play last night in the end, the first planned session that I've missed for weeks now, I had a doctor's appointment that I got back from a little later than I'd have preferred, had dinner later than normal etc then ended up falling asleep on the couch.

The doctor's appointment was just speaking to the nurse about stopping smoking btw. Anyone who has followed this diary will know I've quit probably 3-4 during the course of this diary but this is gonna be the last time! I got these pills from her that apparently make smoking taste completely vile (much more so than normal) and they don't contain nicotine which is a plus. I'm very confident I'm gonna kick it once and for all this time.

Super quick summary of April... Stake went pretty rubbish, didn't chop profits once in the whole of April, a few binks throughout the month has meant my MU aint that big but yeh need to start chalking up some results off sky. Sky went a bit better, got off to a cracking start off with 2nd in the UKOPS main, then pretty dull since, small ups and downs, finished about +£1.3k for the month so decent.

It's date night for me tonight, me and Emma going for a meal and then gonna watch that film Unfriended so no poker tonight but then I'll be back for a Sat/Sun grind (so I'll be back on Twitch tomorrow).

Gl everyone in May!
  • edited May 2015
    All the best for May and June:P

And good shout about the smoking, think about the money you'll save:)
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers Larson.

Long time since an update, not down to running bad or anything, just been busy.

I've got off to a pretty poor start on Sky in May, about £500 in the hole already after only 2 sessions. Best result so far has been 9th in the mini roller for £60, and I aint even got a close 2nd lol, just bricks.

So atm, it's the total opposite of how April went (good on Sky, terrible on stake). The first session of May, on Saturday, I got 42/519 in 888's $55 main for $90, 2/92 in a $35 turbo 6max for $600 and 2/229 in their $11rebuy for $1050. I think i've FT'd that 11r like 10 times already in 2015 which is insaaaane rungood in that comp given I can only have played it maybe 80 times in 2015, still yet to win it though, I've had 2nd twice, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, multiple 9ths lol. That night I also had a deep run in 27pko on stars, finishing 46/1516 for just shy of $200, that was pretty gutting cos I was like 4/50 and had 22 v QT on KJ2dd, it goes in on an offsuit 9 turn and we fade the house for a big CL. Got left with about 18bb after losing that pot and we 3b sqz jam 33 over a raise and 2 calls, get called by KJ and don't hold.

Sunday was pretty dry of results apart from almost FTing the mini roller, bust that w/ AT<99 v Rancid iirc. One small result helped to save the night somewhat... it was on Party, they have a DTD Mini and Micro each night now since they partnered with DTD, they are both standard freezouts, the Mini is $27, the Micro is $5. Included in the payouts of the Mini is X number of tokens for the $27 Mini (40 tokens I think), and the $27 one has X number of $120 tokens which would be for use in the $1mil GTD Grand Prix. I played both anyway,and got 7th out of 525 in the micro ($5) one for $110 + the $27 token which is basically just like $27 in cash to me cos I'll use it straight away next session. My bust out in that was probably the cruelest exit on a FT I can remember for a lonngggg time...

Me and other guy are chipped up pretty well compared to most, I open 77 in BTN/CO and he peels from the BB. I bet A74r, he calls, turn is a 4 as if I wasn't already loving life enough, I bet, he calls, river is an 8, I shove, he snaps with 44 :( It was $500 ftw

Mentioning the Grand Prix reminds me actually, I got a day 1 ticket I won ages ago for that and gonna play my day 1 online so might play it tonight.

Cliffs: Went all April without chopping a profit in stable, then on day 1 of May I win like $2k and finally chop something. Sky started bad in May.
  • edited May 2015
    Meant to mention too...I'm a little bit behind target of $100k cashes on PocketFives for 2015 but obv MTT's are very up and down and I had a dreadful April so not too worried about being a tiny bit behind the pace atm.