You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited February 2015
    in regards to the 88 hand id be folding unless i had good reads that he didnt know what he was doing... if i had 16bbs utg and had 22-55 id probably just be folding so would assume many opponents would be doing the same... if i was readless id put their range 66-QQ and AQplus... plus with you being chip leader its easier to fold especially as im sure you would have felt you probably had an edge and could pressurise other stacks accordingly.. its a tough spot for sure but with stacks so tight id want to be putting pressure on as opposed to calling off hands.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    in regards to the 88 hand id be folding unless i had good reads that he didnt know what he was doing... if i had 16bbs utg and had 22-55 id probably just be folding so would assume many opponents would be doing the same... if i was readless id put their range 66-QQ and AQplus... plus with you being chip leader its easier to fold especially as im sure you would have felt you probably had an edge and could pressurise other stacks accordingly.. its a tough spot for sure but with stacks so tight id want to be putting pressure on as opposed to calling off hands.
    Posted by jordz16
    This aint Sky with no antes, and everyone is tight/passive. I think not shoving/open folding 55 with 16bb in that guy's spot would be a pretty big mistake. On 888 and Stars, readless with 16bb eff I'd 100% be including 22+ in the jamming range of everyone from like HJ/CO onwards (with the exception of prob JJ+ cos most people know they play much better as a minraise/call), although as I say I'm not readless, this guy is fairly laggy, he's definitely not on the nitty side, think like 25/22 iirc from when I looked in HM2 earlier.

It is close, I just dunno if I'm gonna find many better spots tbh. I'm 2nd in chips (updated in recent post) and it's not deep so not like I can really put loads of pressure on people when I've got 24bb and most stacks I open into will be 3bet jamming decently wide on me. Chances are we'll be raise/calling it off some point soon and doubt we'll be better than the 55-60% v their range that I'd expect to be here.

Meh, I'm still torn, I agree with Ivan, 99 is deffo a call, 88 is right on the line.
  • edited February 2015
    Finally got round to doing the ICMizer.

I've given a fairly conservative (imo) jamming range for villian. Obviously not super solid but that's cos I know it deffo won't be super solid, it could be wider than this (which is better for us) but I deffo don't think it'll me much tighter. I've given him...

22-JJ, ATo+, A5s+ and KQs (deffo still think he's inducing QQ+)

http://gyazo.com/9721c3cdda0c3ab0f6828dd4b70af7a6

Pretty big +$EV, and surprisingly more +$EV than calling with AKo which I'm sure most people wouldn't even think twice about calling with. Fwiw, if we remove 22/33 and just give him 44-JJ then it's still like +$75 in EV

======================================

Session full of pretty much total bricks last night, cashed a $35 turbo and was almost a session saver but with about 20 left I had AT<KT to gg.

Weekly update on Pocket5s done again, slowly grinding my way up that UK leaderboard

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/lambert180/
  • edited February 2015
    Finally got round to doing the ICMizer. I've given a fairly conservative (imo) jamming range for villian. Obviously not super solid but that's cos I know it deffo won't be super solid, it could be wider than this (which is better for us) but I deffo don't think it'll me much tighter. I've given him... 22-JJ, ATo+, A5s+ and KQs (deffo still think he's inducing QQ+) http://gyazo.com/9721c3cdda0c3ab0f6828dd4b70af7a6 Pretty big +$EV, and surprisingly more +$EV than calling with AKo which I'm sure most people wouldn't even think twice about calling with. Fwiw, if we remove 22/33 and just give him 44-JJ then it's still like +$75 in EV ====================================== Session full of pretty much total bricks last night, cashed a $35 turbo and was almost a session saver but with about 20 left I had AT<KT to gg. Weekly update on Pocket5s done again, slowly grinding my way up that UK leaderboard http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/lambert180/
    Posted by Lambert180
    88 hand is really interesting one given peoples views and ranges etc.

Best of luck with the P5's challenge v pingu!
  • edited February 2015
    Not sure it's as clear cut in your decision's favour there on the 88 hand.

You dismiss premiums as the player would min raise to induce - yet for balance wouldnt a player also be minraise/folding with the lower end of the range. 

I dont think you can dismiss a premium shove either - as for precisely your reasoning it will get less credit for being a monster and therefore could get called light.

I think table dynamics and player v player dynamics would be the deciding factor for me in calling/folding there. Have they already shoved a few times and got them through? Have they opened raised to me before and have I been folding/callling/reraising? 

If it's a tight passive table as you say then why not look to be the aggressor and take cheap chips with the betting lead and opponents missed flops?
  • edited February 2015
    Yeah it's definitely an interesting hand. As usual, it comes down to assigning a range, the call can range from great to marginal to awful depending on the range we give villian.

Phantom, I think you've misunderstood a comment I made/having re-read it myself I didn't word it that well. I was saying this isn't like Sky where almost every table is full of tight/passive players.

None of the players iirc where really bad players, none stood out as being absolute sickos but they were all of a decent standard from what I saw. Balance is very over-rated in MTTs imo, or at least trying to be completely balanced in 100% of spots is anyway. I do think he can have some a few mr/folds hands although he wouldn't need many anyway if he only has to balance it against QQ+ but the mr/fold hands would be hands worse than I've given in his jamming range.

He hadn't open shoved once on the FT as far as I remember, but obviously it's getting shallower as time passes so there hadn't really been many (any?) spots where he had a stack to open shove. He'd been minraising a fair bit like the rest of us had tbh, no1 was overly laggy or overly tight on the table.

One of the key things imo RE: inducing is how close the stacks are. If he had 16bb and everyone else has like 40bb+ then he's more likely to include QQ+ in his jams imo, as people are more likely to call off lighter, but everyone at the table is like 15-25bb so no-one is gonna be snapping off 75%+ of their stack with say A9o/55, the way they might if they had 50bb. With these stacks, it's much more likely he's gonna get action from a wider range by minraising than jamming knowing that if anyone calls it's gonna be almost all their stack so they just aint calling light at all. I'm giving everyone left on the table credit for at least being decent so he's gonna jam the stuff where he's happy to get folds pre but will also have good equity when called, and his minraise hands will be those that either induce (QQ+ pretty much) or those that mr/fold because they're too weak to jam but too strong to fold, like maybe he raise/folds A4o because he's got a blocker, he knows it looks strong, but when he gets jammed on it's gg A4o.
  • edited February 2015
    What's wrong with minraising 55? balances the QQ+ hands nicely and you can fold to a nitty shove.
  • edited February 2015
    What's wrong with minraising 55? balances the QQ+ hands nicely and you can fold to a nitty shove.
    Posted by GELDY
    55 plays bad post flop and we have to fold when we get shoved on and we don't have any blockers so we are hoping to pick up the blinds or somehow get a flat and flop a 5.
  • edited February 2015
    Matt covered it, we can't raise/call off 55, it's too strong to raise/fold imo and if we get peeled we hate pretty much every flop.

That's why it falls into that category or it's a good jam, we'll have decent equity when called but if we steal the blinds that is definitely a good result. Fwiw, there's like 2.5bb in the pot every hand cos of antes, that's pretty decent to pick up when average stack is like 18bb!
  • edited February 2015
    Your range including 22/33 has 59% so not surprised to see that's a call but with just 44-JJ we have 55% and ICIMizer still says it's a clear call which is interesting and definitely unexpected - I'd have thought with 55% equity it'd be a marginally winning play at best. 

However, I still think your ranges are too ambitious. I gave what I thought is a reasonable range (now we know it's 16bb not 20bb) and we only have 52% equity - I'd be interested if it's still a call - and also what the c/o point for equity we need to make it a call. My range was A8s+, ATo+, 55-JJ, KQs. Remember he's UTG with 4 players to act and 16bb's although now short is still a perfectly decent stack size. 

And like you said this is his first shove so we don't really have a read for how light he might be shoving at this stack depth - just cause they're a loose opener doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be a loose in their open jam range.
  • edited February 2015
    I've input it again with your range Ivan and it's still a relatively small winning call

http://gyazo.com/c16bf1fddb800561bec81ea11e9a5dbc

88/AQo are the bottom of our range that we can call with

AQo has 52.01%
    88 has 53.13%

I know it seems close but I guess these are adjustments that need to be made when we are playing outside of Sky, i.e. with antes.
  • edited February 2015
    Good points re 55 but what do you range balance your QQ+ with instead? 
  • edited February 2015
    Good points re 55 but what do you range balance your QQ+ with instead? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Basically any hand that is too strong to fold but not strong enough to open jam with and also plays well post-flop. A4s-A7s if I'm not open jamming these hands. KJ/QJs/KTs/JTs/98s. That's quite a few combos of hands and it's why I would also min-r with AK and some AQ combos. 

• edited February 2015
    The last week has continued to be pretty frustrating. I really just can't get a break in the late stages of tournies atm.

Best result was 2nd place in an $11 FO, but sucked not to win. Villian was pretty bad/spewy and I GII on the turn w/ TT v K6hh on something like 233hh 9o, and he managed to spike the river. Stacks were pretty even so it's pretty much gg him if I hold. THink I got about $350 for 2nd, 1st was $550.

I've had 2 deep runs in $13KOs on stars, finished 38th and 84th (it gets about 1500 runners), both for about $30.

Last night was making a great run in a $27KO on there too, was about 20/50 from 1500 runners, $5k up top + heads, then GII JJ<AJ and lose to pretty much gg, I did gg shortly after jamming A7o into AA to finish 49th for about $100.

Cashed the $11r last night on 888 and again was in good shape to make a run at it with 16 left then had AK<KQ.

I was able to play on Sky last night for first time in ages, was doing alright in MBI then GII AQ v Jordz's A8 nearing the money, and it's gg with no heads.

Was doing well in the 9pm £55 BH, lost some races just before the FT and ended up FT bubbling for like £150. I was also doing really well in the £11 BH (the big one with about £500 ftw) then same again, lost a load of races back to back and FT bubble it for about £100 :(
  • edited March 2015
    I've been doing a lot of self assessment over the weekend, and (with help from some others) I've realised that I've really got complacent in a lot of areas.

Poker wise, without sounding too dramatic, I feel like I was heading down a dark road to becoming the kind of reg that I'd have definitely hated as a newbie. When I look at all the really successful players that I know, there's one common character trait that they all have which I've been lacking recently... working realllly hard. I used to be very focussed and it's what got me to where I am now and I feel like I've lost some of that.

I've also become complacent in other areas... looking after myself etc. but meh I'm not 6ft under yet, I'm only 28 so plenty of time to sort myself out.

I won't go on too much longer cos I gotta go do other things but it's a new Lambo from now on. Better volume, better work ethic, better

My target for March is to play a minimum of 500+ MTTs and I'll keep track in here. I just finished a morning session so got a few to add to the tally.

Staked Games: 12
    Sky: 0

And I won one :p Only a small one, but it's my first win of the stable after having lost HU twice, and it's nice to get the month off to a positive start winning an MTT in my first session.

http://gyazo.com/249712f9a72621e775dac9258aee384a
  • edited March 2015
    Not much success tonight, the only cashes on stake were a mincash in 13ko and 1 x $15 bounty in $50 turbo BH.

Sky was looking very promising, I was CL in the 9pm £55BH, the MBI and an £11 BH all at around 11:30pm, then it all went a bit pear shaped. QQ<AA in MBI for a chunk then just a couple more races to gg outside the money with 1 head. Made a bad call down in the 9pm, then shipped 66 into AA to gg. Lost a big flip AK<JJ with 19 left for a huge stack in £11 BH to gg for about £55.

Played a VLV sat too but with no success, gonna be making a bif effort to try and win one of the packages. I've got no chance via any of the promos so just gonna have to be the old fashioned satellite route for me.

Staked Games: 26
    Sky: 7
  • edited March 2015
    I railed you for a short while last night outside of sky, as I was also online. sorry to hear that what promised so much finished with prescious little. I will not invade your thread here telling of my dramas but will private message you instead.
  • edited March 2015
    I couldn't play Tuesday cos I spent 11:30am - 8:30pm in A&E with my daughter. All is fine now, most of the time was because it took close to 4hours to get her to drink a tiny cup of medicine because she didn't like the taste of it, but they wouldn't let us leave until she'd drank it.

Played a morning session today and just finished an evening one. 'Highlights' of the morning were finishing 15/361 in a $4r for about $40 ($1k ftw), stone bubbling a $33 FO on stars after JJ<AK and TT<AA in back to back hands on bubble, (30 paid and $1.2k ftw), and bubbled a £11.50 VLV sat into the £50 in the evening (was just trying to keep table numbers up at that point).

I had quite a few decent shots tonight, and combined it was a half decent night but nothing major....

FT'd the $50 turbo BH on party finishing 3rd for about $435

Finished 23/1219 in a 13ko for $58

Finished 110/1447 in 27ko for $46

Finished 102/1427 in 27pko for $86 (GII for a huuuuge stack w/ 45 v KQss on 236ss and was drawing dead on the turn)

Finished 165/1620 in $3r for $18

The biggest sigh/near miss was finishing 38/1811 in the big55 for $253 (I lost a huge pot AKv66 just before busting, then jam JJ on BTN and somehow SB wakes up with QQ to gg, was about $15k ftw).

Not much luck on Sky, few bounties and a mincash in £11 bh, and few bounties for £55 in the MBI, but stone bubbled that. Pretty grim/weird set of circumstances that made me bubble. I saw a guy on the other table in the BB who had 50%+ of the chips in play and fold to a 3bb shove, then I saw someone raise/fold against a 3bb shove, then I eventually got it in my 8-9bb with AJs against 86 on the 3handed table while someone with 1bb was AI on the other table, I got the Jxx flop but he hit running straight cards and the guy with 1bb on the other table managed to survive his AI like 4way to bubble me.

Staked Games: 50
    Sky: 15
  • edited March 2015
    This morning was a total white wash, zero cashes, zero runs that even came close to a cash.

Staked Games: 60
    Sky: 15

The session finished early and I can't reg up more in the mornings cos I have to finsih by 3pm to pick up the kids so decided to play a bit of 100NL on here. Very quick session but finished +£40

Back later for more.
  • edited March 2015
    Just wondering, how do you time your sessions to finish in time for 3pm? What time do you start in the morning? And if you got to a final table of one of the deeper ones, would it not risk running close/past 3pm?
  • edited March 2015
    In short, it's just simply a case of looking into it and seeing which MTTs finish before 3pm. Thankfully I didn't have to do the leg work, Dohhhh knows the lobbies of other sites quite well if not from playing the comps himself then from railing them etc. On Stars it's easier to do cos you can just login now, open up the lobby for yesterday's big55 and find out when it finished, other sites you have to manually keep an eye on it one day, then you'll know for future reference.

I start about 9am just after getting back from dropping the kids off to school so that's like a 6hr window (9am - 3pm) and most comps don't last over 4hours.

Fwiw, here is the list of comps I have for mornings. I won't necessarily play them all cos it depends if I bust out of some or not as I wouldn't be able to play them all at once....

Stars

8:45am - $27 $2k GTD
    9:30am - $13.50KO $3k GTD
    9:30am - $22 Turbo 6max $4k Gtd
    9:45am - $8 Turbo 6max $4k GTD
    10am - $33 FO $4k GTD
    10:25am - $11 Phase 1
    11am - $11 6max Turbo $4k GTD
    11:15am - $3r 2xTurbo $10k GTD

9am - $55 Typhoon $6k GTD
    9:30am - $10 FO $1.5k GTD
    9:40am - $25 FO $1.5k GTD
    10am - $4r $3k GTD
    10:15am - $15 turbo deep $1k GTD
    10:30am - $7 $800 turbo (this is the one I won the other day for about $275)

Party
    9am - $10 $500 GTD
    9:45am - $20 $1k GTD
    10:15am - $10 Turbo $1k GTD

So I should be able to win any of the MTTs in the above list without fear of it running over 3pm.
  • edited March 2015
    Maybe when you could reg up more and then could help the kids become independent.......

My mother was determined to make us independent," Richard Branson writes in his book Losing My Virginity (Times Books 1998). "When I was four, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields."

So in fact you can "help" the kids and win money! This seems like a win, win situation for everyone!
  • edited March 2015
    is this your income or do you have other income like your wife working etc just wondering 
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Reeler,

Yup this is our only family income (apart from bits and bobs like Child Benefit/Child Tax Credits etc), has been for probably 2 years now... we aint homeless yet :D

Not much going on off stake tonight, in fact a total of zero cashes (got a few heads in KO comps).

Somehow managed to blow a CL in an £11 BH, was 1/55 with 40 paid, and somehow didn't even make the money lol, finished 51/361 for like £24 of heads.

Got 1 head in the MBI for about £24.

Won my first comp of the year (I think) on Sky tonight, took down the £22 BH

Lambert1802100001£293.48 + £136.72 Head Prizes5£41.67
    Staked Games: 73
    Sky: 23
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Lambert

Always a great read. I am sure you will get a big one soon for a few thousand.

Was just wondering, is the sky games staked or are they 100% your own. Sorry if this is a little nosy just you have the tally staked and sky at bottom.

Do you ever still play a little cash to play something different or is just MTTs for the time being.

Well done last night.

Also would it be possible to get my name down for the roller next sunday 15/03/15 (Dym Chall). As i am off Monday and Tuesday so when i take it down i wont have to go to work lol.

Stuart
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- 500 Comps in March:
    Hi Lambert Always a great read. I am sure you will get a big one soon for a few thousand. Was just wondering, is the sky games staked or are they 100% your own. Sorry if this is a little nosy just you have the tally staked and sky at bottom. Do you ever still play a little cash to play something different or is just MTTs for the time being. Well done last night. Also would it be possible to get my name down for the roller next sunday 15/03/15 (Dym Chall). As i am off Monday and Tuesday so when i take it down i wont have to go to work lol. Stuart
    Posted by stuarty117
    Im sure if you won it you would be able to afford to take a day off 'sick' ;) 
  • edited March 2015
    I've only played like 1 session of cash in the last month Stuart but yea I still will play when I can, usually it's going to be morning sessions when I've bust all comps but don't have the time to be able to reg up more comps cos I won't be there to finish them.

I discussed this with the guys when I started the stable and we agreed that I'd keep all of my own Sky action because they send me money to play with and it would just become confusing/troublesome if I've got some of my own money in my account to play cash and some of their money to play MTTs so better I just keep 100% of my own action for Sky. That's fine by me cos Sky is the softest site (imo) that I play on, it's lower variance than most sites due to smaller fields and being BH heavy, and I'm happily rolled for Sky so I'm happy to keep my Sky action to myself.

I'll send a message to get you entered into the Roller on 15th March. Think I'll open a new thread on forum for it cos last time I PM'd Sky Kirsty it didn't happen and I got no reply so I assume she doesn't check her Sky PMs very often.
  • edited March 2015
    Tired and need bed so just a quick update.

No cashes on 888... can't remember the last time I cashed on there actually. Went semi deep in 27ko on stars, but bust 107 out of about 2500 iirc for about $100. Bust a 27pko for just over $30 when someone thought it was a good idea to limp/call my shove with 62s against JJ.

Tonight was my first time in ages that I've been able to play a Sunday on here (cos of all the issues I've been having with Sky), dunno why but it seems to have been ok this week so it was I think my first Roller of 2015.

Loving the new Sunday schedule on here btw, few £11 BHs, two £22 BHs, two £55 BHs, Roller, £11 Mini, £33 BH, £55 FO, not to mention all the VLV sats too, lots to fill your night with!

Got a few heads but bust in 15th in MBI for £56, 1 head in 9pm £55 BH, and finished 5/77 in the £22BH for £90, that was about it for me tonight.

Staked Games: 81
    Sky: 31
  • edited March 2015
    Hi lambert

Just to let you know i have been put into the roller, thank you for sorting this out.

Also thankyou for your reply very interesting.

The only down side i see what you are doing is that you cant gain loads of cash back as it is more split. For promos and things like that (bonus cash)

Stuarty 
  • edited March 2015
    Yeah the RB thing isn't much of an issue to be honest because you earn so little RB playing MTTs so it's not really worth thinking about (if that's what you meant).

So tonight was a pretty good night.

Started off frustrating with yet another deep run in that 27ko on stars that fell short. I finished 25/1421 for about $150. Bust out hand was jamming QQ, called by KJ, I flop top set on Qxx and he hits runner runner straight. Was $5k up top. I am gonna win that comp one day soon!

Few other small cashes, $30 in a 13ko, $51 in the 11r and $30 in a $22 FO.

I'm posting now cos I've only just bust out of my last comp. About 90 mins ago I won an $11 FO for $550, and I've just bust out of the Challenger (basically 888's main event), 3/541 for just over $1k.

http://gyazo.com/ba783c0ade523ad53f806d2eb35141df

http://gyazo.com/1ca74686e85755f85e5d9f572f0dbf22

2 more medals on Pocket5s :p

As I say, The Challenger is basically 888's main event and like Sky it changes daily, different BIs, sometimes a FO, rebuy, double chance, high roller etc. Tonight's version they run 2 identical $22 FOs alongside each other with the same start time, and similar to Sky if you win both you get a $10k bonus. I didn't manage that sadly but there are some smaller bonuses and I did get something out of it.... if you cash both comps (which I did) then you get free entry to both comps again the following Monday, so get to freeroll 2 x $22 FOs next week.

On Sky, my main event yet again lasted all of about 20 minutes, although I did cash the Mini for the first time in I dunno how long, only got like £11. I got 1 head in £22BH for £7.50 but then saved the night with a 2nd place in the MBI. I got HU against ChicknMelt but he'd been bossing it 3handed so was gonna be an uphill battle and it's always shallow anyway... shipped J2s, called by A2s and that was gg. I got just shy of £400 for that.

So a pretty good night all round.

=====================================

Wp to Larson tonight, he's really giving me a run for my money with this prop bet!! Seems like he just FTs main events for fun at the moment.

Staked Games: 93
    Sky: 38