You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Tonight was pretty sweet.

I'll get the rubbish stuff out the way, I bricked everything on 888 except one head for $25 in the $55KO.

Party I only played a couple but FT'd the $5 DTD Micro again, played it twice, FT'd twice in 300 and 500 runner fields. They halved the guarantee tonight though after huge overlay the last 2 days so it was $270 ftw instead of $500 last night. I got 6th anyway for $80 + a $27 token to freeroll the DTD Mini tomorrow again.

Sky was looking pretty grim, and considering I'm already £500 down on Sky so far this month it was shaping up to be the nut worst start to a month... I busted most comps pretty early and was left with just the main and the MBI. I ended up mincashing the main for about £55 but went on to take down the MBI for £673 :) It was a fun (albeit short) HU against Mr Orford himself. So I managed to salvage the night and the month in the last comp of the night.

Stars... well I FT'd the $27 turbo KO again, finishing 4th out of 1235 runners for $1710

I also came 11th out of 1382 runners in a $27 progressive super knockout on stars too for $145 + $260 in heads. I was doing really well in this comp with about 50-60 left then lost a big flip AJ<33 and was left super short. So I had to get the rest of my chips in here and it was this beautiful hand that started the spin up to get me back to fininshing in 11th for $400.

Funny that I mentioned PocketFives earlier cos I just got another like $2.5k of cashes so I'm a little more on target for the $100k in 2015 now.
  • edited May 2015
    Wow quality nite Lambert well played Sir.
  • edited May 2015
    Great nights work! Well played.
  • edited May 2015
    Nice-onward to that 100k badge on 5s
  • edited May 2015
    keep it going paul, you can do it.
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers guys

Had a few days off recently and been at my mum's over the weekend. Just gonna play a few HU SnGs now to win 25 points cos I'll be back home too late to play tonight and I wanna earn give these Mayhem freerolls a proper go next week so need 25 points to play tomorrow.

Played a session on Friday night but was pretty grim. Almost 0 cashes across all 4 sites, but got 9th in a 22BH for £90 to recover a small amount of the day's BIs on Sky.

Gl all.
  • edited May 2015
    Just saw somewhere that apparently you need to earn 25 points the previous day to play the Mayhem freerolls and I wanna play them all next week but can't play poker tonight. So I decided to play a few Hypers quick before I gotta get on the road, played 2 x £21 hypers and 1 x £10, ran very well and won all 3 so a decent +£50 and got my 25 points.

I also just found out I won a free entry to £110 Roller but not playing tonight so have got it swapped for next week instead... no idea what I won it for though

This is probably the best Sunday of poker I've had in 2015 ;)

Off to while away 4-5+ fun hours driving on a motorway now :D
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Just saw somewhere that apparently you need to earn 25 points the previous day to play the Mayhem freerolls and I wanna play them all next week but can't play poker tonight. So I decided to play a few Hypers quick before I gotta get on the road, played 2 x £21 hypers and 1 x £10, ran very well and won all 3 so a decent +£50 and got my 25 points. I also just found out I won a free entry to £110 Roller but not playing tonight so have got it swapped for next week instead... no idea what I won it for though This is probably the best Sunday of poker I've had in 2015 ;) Off to while away 4-5+ fun hours driving on a motorway now :D
    Posted by Lambert180
    It's actually in the last 24 hours prior to registration so you could have earnt them tommorow for future reference but well done anyway!
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers for letting me know that Snuffer, despite that revelation leading to an annoying loss ...

I played those Hypers yesterday around 3pm and the Mayhem thing tonight is 7pm so I didn't earn them 24hr before the event, I assume that would be the case anyway, so just incase I decided to earn 25 points again this morning quick. Played 5 x £10 hypers this time, and ran the total opposite of yesterday, just won zero races basically and that's quite an important skill in hypers, lost 5/5 so over the 2 days I'm down the rake so £5, all to get in this freeroll lol
  • edited May 2015
    Been a couple of days since last update again.

Played Monday, bricked pretty much everything on stake apart from a $30 mincash in one of 888's challenges, including a pretty horrible stone bubble in the $27 DTD Mini. On Sky, as usual, few heads here and there but the main result of the night was finishing 3rd out of 236 in the 9:30pm £11BH for £175 which pretty much got me back to break even for the day (on Sky).

Took Tuesday off, and then last night was pretty good. I can't remember who it was that thought it was funny how annoyed I was that I missed the add-on in the main, well I went and did it again this week, it really is so tilting! That little moan aside, things went pretty good last night.

They were all pretty small fields (apart from the $5) but last night I got...

1st in a £22BH for £380
    2nd in a £55BH for £440
    3rd in a $5FO for $160
    6th in a $55KO for $200
    6th in a $50 6max turbo BH for $230

So no huge individual results but all combined it made for a pretty solid night's work, about +$200 on stake and +£700 on Sky.

A decent chunk off the lead Larson has on me as welll prop bet wise. EvilPingu does the SS checks for me and at last check I think the gap was about £2k iirc so if I'm right about that it takes the gap down to £1.3k now which is vvv do-able in the next like 6 weeks. I'll post the latest stats when Andy does them for me.

• edited May 2015
    Andy has shown up with the goods. Here's the new scores as it stands today.

So a little more than I thought, it's £1.5k the gap now, forgot that he went deep in another main event in the last couple of days. Still very much do-able. Plan is just win the roller from my free entry this Sunday then it's gg ;)
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers Larson. Long time since an update, not down to running bad or anything, just been busy. I've got off to a pretty poor start on Sky in May, about £500 in the hole already after only 2 sessions. Best result so far has been 9th in the mini roller for £60, and I aint even got a close 2nd lol, just bricks. So atm, it's the total opposite of how April went (good on Sky, terrible on stake). The first session of May, on Saturday, I got 42/519 in 888's $55 main for $90, 2/92 in a $35 turbo 6max for $600 and 2/229 in their $11rebuy for $1050. I think i've FT'd that 11r like 10 times already in 2015 which is insaaaane rungood in that comp given I can only have played it maybe 80 times in 2015, still yet to win it though, I've had 2nd twice, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, multiple 9ths lol. That night I also had a deep run in 27pko on stars, finishing 46/1516 for just shy of $200, that was pretty gutting cos I was like 4/50 and had 22 v QT on KJ2dd, it goes in on an offsuit 9 turn and we fade the house for a big CL. Got left with about 18bb after losing that pot and we 3b sqz jam 33 over a raise and 2 calls, get called by KJ and don't hold. Sunday was pretty dry of results apart from almost FTing the mini roller, bust that w/ AT<99 v Rancid iirc. One small result helped to save the night somewhat... it was on Party, they have a DTD Mini and Micro each night now since they partnered with DTD, they are both standard freezouts, the Mini is $27, the Micro is $5. Included in the payouts of the Mini is X number of tokens for the $27 Mini (40 tokens I think), and the $27 one has X number of $120 tokens which would be for use in the $1mil GTD Grand Prix. I played both anyway,and got 7th out of 525 in the micro ($5) one for $110 + the $27 token which is basically just like $27 in cash to me cos I'll use it straight away next session. My bust out in that was probably the cruelest exit on a FT I can remember for a lonngggg time... Me and other guy are chipped up pretty well compared to most, I open 77 in BTN/CO and he peels from the BB. I bet A74r, he calls, turn is a 4 as if I wasn't already loving life enough, I bet, he calls, river is an 8, I shove, he snaps with 44 :( It was $500 ftw Mentioning the Grand Prix reminds me actually, I got a day 1 ticket I won ages ago for that and gonna play my day 1 online so might play it tonight. Cliffs: Went all April without chopping a profit in stable, then on day 1 of May I win like $2k and finally chop something. Sky started bad in May.
    Posted by Lambert180
  • edited May 2015
    Some nice results lately Paul, well done, looks like the coaching is really paying off. Just a suggestion, but for the rebuy's why don't you set an alarm, say on your phone, for the time the add-on is due to roughly start at, that should stop you missing it. (I have missed the add-on a couple of times and it is pretty annoying).

Winning the roller sounds like a good plan, should be pretty straight-forward!

Greg.
  • edited May 2015
    I was watching the stream when you missed the addon. It was the first time I had watched and I stayed on for about 30 mins. I couldn't help wondering if the live stream can affect your game? A large portion your time was taken up answering questions in the chatbox rather than discussing any hands in play.

Serious question. Surely the distraction of live streaming can knock a good 10% off your game? No? I know you were 10 tabling, but if you are missing the addon during a 3 minute break then I can't help thinking your decision making on other tables may also be affected??

Do you notice any difference in performance/results on non streaming nights?

• edited May 2015
    Cheers Greg, yeah coaching is definitely helping, and just playing alot more MTTs means I'm gonna get results a lot more consistently and I'm gaining loads of experience too. Might give the alarm idea a go, but the issue usually isn't that I completely miss it and don't know it's happening, it's usually that it pops up with that message 'rebuy period will begin when all hands end' or whatever, and I think, ok I'll do that as soon as I'm able to, then my eyes are off to all the other tables and you only need to get involved in 1-2 hands and that's 3 mins gone and the addon period over. There is a Skype group I'm in which I always have open during sessions with a few of the Sky regs who will be grinding MTTs too and someone (whoever remembers first) always types 'ADDON MAIN' or 'ADDON MINI' whenever they come up, so I get plenty of notice, I just get distracted (even when i'm not on twitch).

Ultimately it's my own fault but I'm just so used to auto add-on being there on every other site and it'd be nice to just not have to think about needing to manually do it while playing 12+ tables.

Hi Waller, it really doesn't distract me that much, I don't mind answering loads of questions in the chat box, in fact I prefer it. People asking questions just makes it a bit more interactive and keeps the conversation flowing rather than just me talking about hands for 7 hours solid, so I can always just fill in with the strategy stuff when there are no questions which tbf is usually the vast majority of the time.

Someone actually asked me the question on stream last night about whether I felt it improved or damaged my game while streaming, so I'll give the same answer I gave them. I'm not really sure, instinctively it feels like it makes very little difference, it would be nigh on impossible to look at it from a results POV and form an opinion.... I could be the best MTT player in the world and still lose money over a 500 game sample (with or without twitch), so I'd have to play an absolute TON of games with twitch, and an absolute TON of games without twitch, and track which sessions were which to be able to do that and it would take months and months to be able to from a solid sample.

So that being said, this is just kinda my opinion and how I feel, but I don't think it has a major affect either way. There's definitely pros and cons.... yes it can be a little distracting at times talking at the same time as playing but then on the positive side I deffo think it makes me more focussed. I'm less likely to just auto-pilot, I need to really think about every single decision (which is what I should be doing all the time) cos if someone asks me why I did X, then I need to be able to explain it. It also stops me doing any silly tilting off stacks cos I know everyone's watching so that kinda stops me doing anything stupid.

=================

I've rambled on so much there that I'm just gonna keep the results bit vv short.

Mincashed 1 comp (a $27pko) all night across 888, stars and party. I had some really good stacks going in some big comps but had some pretty grim beats to put an end to them.

Sky went a little better... I had a deep run in the main finishing 19th for £120. Bust out was A9<Q9 :( but then I got super lucky a little earlier when me and Gmsith both had really decent stacks just before the bubble burst, I'm opening loads, and he's 3bet me the last few times, so this time I 4bet shove K8s, he snaps me off with AA, and I get the K8x flop to take his head and become CL with about 35 left.

The other result of the night was finishing 3rd int he MBI for £242.82

So overall about +£150 for the night on Sky.

• edited May 2015
    Cheers Greg, yeah coaching is definitely helping, and just playing alot more MTTs means I'm gonna get results a lot more consistently and I'm gaining loads of experience too. Might give the alarm idea a go, but the issue usually isn't that I completely miss it and don't know it's happening, it's usually that it pops up with that message 'rebuy period will begin when all hands end' or whatever, and I think, ok I'll do that as soon as I'm able to, then my eyes are off to all the other tables and you only need to get involved in 1-2 hands and that's 3 mins gone and the addon period over. There is a Skype group I'm in which I always have open during sessions with a few of the Sky regs who will be grinding MTTs too and someone (whoever remembers first) always types 'ADDON MAIN' or 'ADDON MINI' whenever they come up, so I get plenty of notice, I just get distracted (even when i'm not on twitch). Ultimately it's my own fault but I'm just so used to auto add-on being there on every other site and it'd be nice to just not have to think about needing to manually do it while playing 12+ tables. Hi Waller, it really doesn't distract me that much, I don't mind answering loads of questions in the chat box, in fact I prefer it. People asking questions just makes it a bit more interactive and keeps the conversation flowing rather than just me talking about hands for 7 hours solid, so I can always just fill in with the strategy stuff when there are no questions which tbf is usually the vast majority of the time. Someone actually asked me the question on stream last night about whether I felt it improved or damaged my game while streaming, so I'll give the same answer I gave them. I'm not really sure, instinctively it feels like it makes very little difference, it would be nigh on impossible to look at it from a results POV and form an opinion.... I could be the best MTT player in the world and still lose money over a 500 game sample (with or without twitch), so I'd have to play an absolute TON of games with twitch, and an absolute TON of games without twitch, and track which sessions were which to be able to do that and it would take months and months to be able to from a solid sample. So that being said, this is just kinda my opinion and how I feel, but I don't think it has a major affect either way. There's definitely pros and cons.... yes it can be a little distracting at times talking at the same time as playing but then on the positive side I deffo think it makes me more focussed. I'm less likely to just auto-pilot, I need to really think about every single decision (which is what I should be doing all the time) cos if someone asks me why I did X, then I need to be able to explain it. It also stops me doing any silly tilting off stacks cos I know everyone's watching so that kinda stops me doing anything stupid. ================= I've rambled on so much there that I'm just gonna keep the results bit vv short. Mincashed 1 comp (a $27pko) all night across 888, stars and party. I had some really good stacks going in some big comps but had some pretty grim beats to put an end to them. Sky went a little better... I had a deep run in the main finishing 19th for £120. Bust out was A9<Q9 :( but then I got super lucky a little earlier when me and Gmsith both had really decent stacks just before the bubble burst, I'm opening loads, and he's 3bet me the last few times, so this time I 4bet shove K8s, he snaps me off with AA, and I get the K8x flop to take his head and become CL with about 35 left. The other result of the night was finishing 3rd int he MBI for £242.82 So overall about +£150 for the night on Sky.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I enjoyed the stream for the short time I watched anyway (once I got used to your accent la). I will be tuning in more as I think it will help my game which is struggling atm!

All the best Lambert and keep up the good work
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers Waller, can always click to follow me :p then you'll get an email when I go live www.twitch.tv/lambert180 I'm taking the night off poker tonight but will be back on Twitch tomorrow for rebuy night again.

Results...

Sunday was looking SO promising around 10pm ish, and then it all fell apart and ended up being pretty meh. The most gutting comp of the night was definitely the $120 online day 1 of the Grand Prix. The live day 2 starts at 5k/10k, so the kinda ballpark minimum I'd wnna be taking back is 200k+ and that won't be far off average. With 10 minutes to go of the online Day 1 I have 300k, lose a decent sized pot with AJ<AK aipf but still doing ok, then with 3 minutes of the day left I get a great shot to spin up when someone opens, someone 3bets, I've got AA in the BB, jam, called in 1 spot by AQo, and it's gg me on KJxTx .... from 300k to 0 in last 10 mins of the day :(

Was feeling pretty deflated after that blow, and then like 2 mins later I 3bet jam A9s for 13bb in the roller and villian literally snapsss with 46s, flops flush and I'm drawing dead on flop lol. Love the call obv, just not so much the flop.

It wasn't all bad news I guess, got a couple of small results... 

7/61 in £22bh for £70
    4/145 in £11BH for £92
    10/83 in £22BH for £64

Few other heads and I finished +£30 on sky, although that would have been -£80 if not for getting free entry to the roller.

Mostly bricks again on stake, got $25 of heads in a 27ko and $40 for 36/170 in a $20BH on party.

=============

Monday was much the same, vv small win on Sky, bricks on stake.

Got 1 head in main, no cash, was a vv swingy table thanks to one guy punting harddd, getting it in with all sorts pre, but everytime it was v me he had like KK+ lol so got knocked down and rebuilt lots of times.

6/111 in £11BH for £40
    4/524 in Mini for £110
    19/270 in £11BH for £20
    8/32 (5 paid) in MBI for £60

Also got 2 heads in the mayhem freeroll
  • edited May 2015
    Last night was a really solid night on Sky, no huge results but quite a few very good ones to make up a decent profit. Thing are still going pretty poor on stake, another loss yest but a couple of small results meant it wasn't so big.

The only results on stake were finishing 13th in the $55KO on 888 for $100 and 5th/300 in the DTD Micro $5) FO) for $100 + $27 token. The latter was mega frustrating because it was unreal levels of soft, I know everyone always says that but I really did just run over it completely from 2-3 tables left to the FT, everyone just basically permanently had autofold ticked by the looks of it, no-one putting up any sort of fight at all, so we're 1/8 on the FT and then I lose internet connection :( No idea why, it's never happened before but I'm offline for 10-15 mins and I come back to see myself 3/5 (could certainly have been worse) then the very first hand I get is ATo, we open, villian peels 55, runout is T5xAx, the lot obv goes in on the river and it was gg.

Few decent results on Sky....

1/126 in £11BH for £245
    18/211 in Mini for £27.50
    7/78 in £22BH for £70
    4/43 in MBI for £175

Few other heads in BHs made for a total profit on Sky of £311 so a solid night's work and some decent work catching up with Larson, his lead must be vvv close to being back in 3 figures now cos I don't think he's played much/had much in the way of results recently. I'll get Pingu to do an updated sharkscope for us both when he wakes up which could be anytime between now and like 6pm.
  • edited May 2015
    Not played for a while now (had Sat, Sun, Mon off) so a brief update on Friday only....

3/125 in £11bh for £94
    9/75 in £55bh for £164
    13th in MBI for £56

Those were the main results on sky anyway, was about +£150 for the night total on Sky. More bricks on stake.

Month going decent so far, about +£1.3k on Sky and got just over £700 myself in chops from the stake, hopefully have a solid last week of the month.

Back on the grind tonight, not played Turbo Tuesday in an age
  • edited May 2015
    Feel a bit cheeky asking with stuff like this, but if you don't ask, you don't get....

I'm sure it's fine to link here cos there aren't any links to other poker sites or anything. Basically, I'm a member of a new/small/up-and-coming site which kinda merges FB and poker. 

Anyway, long story short, they have a promo at the moment where they give you a HH (one street at a time) and you have to post what you'd do and the analysis behind your reasoning. The best analysis of the situation will win a €1.5k package to Malta. I'm pretty confident in my ability to analyse spots but only the top 5 people with the most 'likes' of their comment will be assessed by the judges, so that's where you come in :D

I need all the likes I can get to be in with a shout of being picked for the best analysis. You do have to sign up to do so (I think) but it's free and takes like <60 seconds, all likes will be very much appreciated

• edited May 2015

I think you should stand for FIFA President Lambert.

Be lucky

Daggers.

• edited May 2015
    I'll like it - for a 5* holiday for two in Mauritius, a knighthood, an aston martin and $150000 in a Cayman islands bank account :-)

edit...done my bit - you can PM me the account number and password
  • edited May 2015
    Dunno how to take that Daggers lol, but I couldn't do any worse than what's gone before me ;)

Cheers Phantom and anyone else that liked my page.

It's not over yet unfortunately though. The format of the promo is basically... 

1) They post the preflop spot and u post and analyse (and get likes)
    2) Then they tell u what actually happened pre, give u the flop and ask you to analyse that (again post up and get likes)
    3) They'll say what actually happened on flop, give u the turn card and analyse that and get likes
    4) Same again for river.

The top 5 likes (cumulatively across all 4 streets) will be in the running, then a poker pro (Nicolas Levi) will choose wo he thinks has given the best analysis of the hand.

So the flop has now been released and here is my analysis of it, again I'd appreciate it if people could give my post a like on there. 

If I do win a seat, then I'll deffo be doing a blog all about my trip... take that as an incentive to help me out or not ;)
  • edited May 2015
    Done mate, good luck.
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- COMMUNITY HELP NEEDED!:
    Dunno how to take that Daggers lol, but I couldn't do any worse than what's gone before me ;) Cheers Phantom and anyone else that liked my page. It's not over yet unfortunately though. The format of the promo is basically...  1) They post the preflop spot and u post and analyse (and get likes) 2) Then they tell u what actually happened pre, give u the flop and ask you to analyse that (again post up and get likes) 3) They'll say what actually happened on flop, give u the turn card and analyse that and get likes 4) Same again for river. The top 5 likes (cumulatively across all 4 streets) will be in the running, then a poker pro (Nicolas Levi) will choose wo he thinks has given the best analysis of the hand. So the flop has now been released and here is my analysis of it, again I'd appreciate it if people could give my post a like on there.  http://www.rankinghero.com/en/players/380799/paul-lambert/activity/2356105.html If I do win a seat, then I'll deffo be doing a blog all about my trip... take that as an incentive to help me out or not ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks for taking the time to register to a site in order to help me win a trip to Malta. To show my appreciation, here is a blog to show you all what a great time I had whilst you lot were stuck at home living your mundane lives in the cold and rain.

Gl though :)
  • edited May 2015
    Thats another like - still waiting for the account details (remember there is an unlike button)

Fwiw I do genuinely like the analysis on the flop.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- COMMUNITY HELP NEEDED!:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- COMMUNITY HELP NEEDED! : Thanks for taking the time to register to a site in order to help me win a trip to Malta. To show my appreciation, here is a blog to show you all what a great time I had whilst you lot were stuck at home living your mundane lives in the cold and rain. Gl though :)
    Posted by waller02
    VVVVNH sir!
  • edited May 2015
    Something along those lines Waller ;)

Thanks Phantom & all

Another street has been announced, so we're up to the turn now. For anyone that has missed them and would like them all in one orderly fashion to make them easier to like all at once :p lol, here are my posts so far for the 3 different streets (the river will be released at 3pm tomorrow).

• edited May 2015
    River spade I'm guessing ;)
  • edited May 2015
    I'm loving your analysis, but you need to mention what he thinks hero has and how that is going to relate to the river.