You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I almost had another deep run in 888's challenge tonight. Tonight was a $35 double chance (I didn't use mine), it got 684 runners and had $7k up top. I was a top 5 stack with 35 left and got into a huge flip with AK v JJ. Sadly I couldn't get there, was left with a bowl and busted shortly after for $132.

Cashed for $75 in a 27pko finishing 132/1510, and a few other small cashes/bounties in other comps. Small loss overall on the stake for the night.

On Sky my main and mini was just a disaster, was in for £33 main and £27.50 mini, and never got a stack in either. Got £7.50 of heads in one £11 BH, £21 total for mincash and few heads in another £11 BH, and couple of heads but no cash for £37.50 in the MBI. Saved the night though by almost winning the £22BH again, I had a huge CL pretty much the whole way and went into the FT as CL. Eventually got HU as a slight underdog but imo had a pretty big edge. It was a pretty big HU as well, cos villian has a huge bounty, about a £250 difference between 1st and 2nd for me. I got the CL back but just couldn't keep any sort of momentum going and eventually the bustout hand was when I limped the button w/ K9cc, flop was 679c and villian had 58o, was never going to end well. So I got about £240 for 2nd place.

Staked Games: 105
    Sky: 46
  • edited March 2015
    Just got in a mini morning grind.

Bricked all of 888, came close again to a FT in one of the stars' KOs finishing 20/539 for about $40 ($1k ftw) and bricked an $11 sat for the $9mil SM this weekend.

I finalled the $20 FO on party, was 3handed against two pretty bad players, was 3/3 but still had like 30bb, payouts were 130/170/230. Then suddenly the game got cancelled due to some technical fault with the site... we all got 3rd place money, then 50% of the remaining prizepool was chopped equally, the other 50% was chopped based on stacks, and we all got our $20 BI back too. So I ended up getting $206, not bad when I was 3/3 and first was only $230. Annoyingly it won't go on Pocket5s though so I don't get my medal :( So finished about +$150 for the morning.

Also played a £3.30 BH on Sky just to keep up my table count, finished 8/98 for about £9

Staked Games: 114
    Sky: 47

Back on the grind later tonight.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- 500 Comps in March:
    Just got in a mini morning grind. Bricked all of 888, came close again to a FT in one of the stars' KOs finishing 20/539 for about $40 ($1k ftw) and bricked an $11 sat for the $9mil SM this weekend. I finalled the $20 FO on party, was 3handed against two pretty bad players, was 3/3 but still had like 30bb, payouts were 130/170/230. Then suddenly the game got cancelled due to some technical fault with the site... we all got 3rd place money, then 50% of the remaining prizepool was chopped equally, the other 50% was chopped based on stacks, and we all got our $20 BI back too. So I ended up getting $206, not bad when I was 3/3 and first was only $230. Annoyingly it won't go on Pocket5s though so I don't get my medal :( So finished about +$150 for the morning. Also played a £3.30 BH on Sky just to keep up my table count, finished 8/98 for about £9 Staked Games: 114 Sky: 47 Back on the grind later tonight.
    Posted by Lambert180
    It doesnt just happen on sky then
  • edited March 2015
    Didn't end up playing last night but have just finished another morning grind.

Only 1 cash this morning, but it was a win so it's all good :p It was the $20 FO on Party again only this time it didn't get cancelled near the end. Was starting to worry I was gonna lose it in the end, had a pretty bad opponent but just couldn't finish him off. Grinded him down then had AQ<A6 ftw, grinded him down again then A3<K9 ftw, and did that about 5 times. Eventually got stacks to like 170k v 20k and held w/ K2 v Q3 ftw. I get my medal this time :)

http://gyazo.com/cfeae910e39128f445a061f1b74030a0

Played a little bit of cash this morning too. It was just while tables were getting really low and I saw a really soft 100NL table so just played that 1 table on the side for a while, finished about +£175 there.

http://gyazo.com/1623b6a668de7cbc59873517d6969678
    Deffo back online to grind tonight.

Staked Games: 123
    Sky: 48
  • edited March 2015
    Surprised you feel the need to take a screen shot of you sitting with £280 at a 100nl table, especially when it's pretty clear who the table fish was/is.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- 500 Comps in March:
    Surprised you feel the need to take a screen shot of you sitting with £280 at a 100nl table, especially when it's pretty clear who the table fish was/is.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Tbf, of the 4 people sat with me, only 1 of them was there when I first sat down and it's probably not the one you think. I only Gyazo'd it for someone else but thought I might as well flick it in here cos I had it to hand. Pictures />> Words.
  • edited March 2015
    Pretty much all bricks tonight. I mincashed the 11r for $40, got 3 bounties for $45 but no cash in the $50 turbo BH and that's it.

Sky was pretty much a total white wash too. 1 bounty in the main and 25th in the mini for about £20.

Found out today that Pocket5s did give me the result/medal on there for that cancelled $20 FO, it counted it as a 3rd, I'll take it.

Staked Games: 132
    Sky: 57
  • edited March 2015
    Just had a Sky only session tonight cos I'm at my mums and only got my laptop so I can't play like 10+ tables.

Played the usual Sky schedule...

8pm £33 main
    8:15pm £11 BH
    8:30pm Mini
    9pm £55 BH
    9:30pm £11 BH
    10:15pm (i think) £22BH
    10:30pm MBI

Oh I flicked in a £12 Roller Direct too just to take the money, but bricked that.

I have no idea why, just a really long very annoying piece of variance I guess but I have the most shocking record in Sky £33BH mains it's unreal. God knows how many I've played over the years, don't think I've ever even made a top 10 once.

Well tonight was no different :D I got 1 head for £11.25 but lose a chunk when I had AQs v T9 and flop came QJ8. I got my last like 14bb in 3b jamming A9, called by 89 and gg'd.

Was doing alright in the £22bh, can't remember what happened but lost a few big pots and bust 34th with £15 of heads.

The only other cash was me FTing the 9pm £55BH. I finished 3rd but it was a very frustrating 3rd. At one point stacks were something like 170k (me) v 60k v 30k, I got it in pre about 5 times to bust the shorty and lost all of them, then eventually got short myself, jammed 99, the guy who used to be the shorty called w/ A8o and flopped the ace. Pretty meh but got £285 so managed to save the night with that one and make a small profit.

Staked Games: 132
    Sky: 65
  • edited March 2015
    I'm guessing you're a little behind your games target for the month.

Hi Paul :)
  • edited March 2015
    I'm guessing you're a little behind your games target for the month. Hi Paul :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Err a tiny but yeh, will have reached the half way mark in the month at the end of today so should be on 250 by then. I'm pretty much on 200 now but its Sunday so prob play ~25 comps tonight so basically only one session behind the pace. 

Ill get there don't worry Harry
  • edited March 2015
    Double session today, can't remember what happened in the morning one which can only mean it didn't go particularly well, probably got a few heads in KOs or something but a loss deffo.

Not much in the way of results tonight either on the stake, few bounties in stars KOs and just bust my last comp for a mincash in 888's $22 Challenge, I got $31.97. This was the week/day I got freerolled into the 2 x $22 Challenges for cashing them both last week so at least that was a freeroll. Another loss but only a small one.

I had a small winning night on Sky. I came 2nd in the first £22BH of the night for just over £200, pretty sigh to not win cos we both had pretty even stacks HU and I GII pre AQ v A8, and whoever won had as good as won the comp, it wasn't me. Mincash and a few heads for £30 in one £11BH, £37.50 of heads in MBI but no cash, and just off the money but got about £9 of heads in the mini. The 9pm £55BH was pretty sigh, I 3b ship the flop with a set and villian literally snaps me off (this is level 1) with a bare straight draw and turns it to gg me. I played a £17 VLV sat too and won my £77 seat, took the money like (just incase) but will play the £77 sat on Saturday assuming I'm playing.

Staked Games: 155
    Sky: 75

• edited March 2015
    Just a vvv quick update cos I'm knackered.

No cashes on stars/888. Was smashing the $50 turbo BH on party, was 1/10 with 8 paid and had $75 in bounties, but it's a turbo and plays very shallow and had TT<AA aipf against the only stack that could put any sort of serious dent in my stack, then gg'd the bowl I was left with shortly after just outside the money.

Cashed my first ME of 2015 tonight (god that's depressing lol... only mid March!), came 45/514 for £24, shipped 33 into Thewy's KK. Other results...

19/112 in £11BH for £15
    17/265 in £11BH for £27
    5/60 in 9pm £55BH for £140

Played a little bit of 100NL mastercash later in the evening when table count was low. Had to get a little bit of TV tarting in before 861 is gone :( Only 1 tabling, only had 2 big pots all night, the first TommyD bluffed me off the best hand on the turn but I had a pretty weak hand and he had huuuuge equity, and it's TommyD, so prob a good fold ;) The other got shown on 861 and was me turning my hand into a bluff and recovering the TommyD loss back from Bearlyther. Finished +£16

Staked Games: 162
    Sky: 83
  • edited March 2015
    Now that my connection issues with Sky seem to have stopped (and the new developments with 861) I'm gonna get back on the Twitch wagon asap.

Probably won't do one Thursday night cos it's the last ever show of 861 and I'm sure everyone will wanna watch that (including me) so probably do first show on Friday night.

http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180

I'm sure you're all chomping at the bit ;)
  • edited March 2015
    Hi lambert, just set up a twitch account and followed you, looking forward to watching one of yours stream and hopefulyl can learn something from you, as my MTT game is very poor.

not that you need it but i wish you GL in all your games :)
  • edited March 2015
    I had a morning session today which was also my first day back doing Twitch. It started a bit slow, it was early in all the MTTs so is just a lot of 'fold pre' and viewer count was very low. It picked up as the stream went on and then I FT'd a $33 freezeout on stars, changed the name of the broadcast to reflect that and it seemed to help get numbers up a bit. There was one guy on there watching that said he used to stream poker on there and so he was giving me lots of tips to help with streaming, I think I peaked at about 40 viewers and he seemed to think that was pretty good for a first show.

So yeah I came 4rd in that $33 FO for $450 ($1.1k ftw), and got mincashes in an $11 6max turbo and a $20 FO.

When tables got low on the stream I loaded up some 100NL, to keep me busy and to keep enough games going for people to watch, finished about +£40

I'll stick the link below in case anyone wants to 'follow me' on there so you get an email notification when I go live with a stream...

http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180

======================================

I decided not to stream tonight's session, partly because I'm sure all the Sky players would have wanted to watch the last ever show on 861 over watching me, and also I wanted to watch it myself which I can't really do while streaming.

I bricked every single comp on sky bar one, like totally bricked, not a single head in any comp. The one I didn't brick was the £55 9pm BH, long story short I got HU and lost A9<KQ to finish 2nd for just over £600. Annoying not to win cos I had a pretty decent CL 3handed and GII pre against that guy who had a pretty huge head prize with AK v AQ and couldn't hold but meh, I'm sure I must have ran good along the way to get HU.

Very similar story on the stake, bricked every comp (apart from a few heads in KOs) and the only comp I had any success in was the $50 turbo BH on Party. I FT'd it but it plays so shallow so as soon as 2 half decent hands get dealt it's gg someone, and I had AJ<QQ to bust FT in 6th for about $250

Staked Games: 188
    Sky: 91

So I'm up to 279 games total now for the month, just over half way to the target but nearly 2/3 of the way thru the month, so still about 30 games behind the pace I think. I'm gonna be making a really effort to get this Twitch channel up and running though with a decent base of viewers so that should motivate me to grind more than normal.
  • edited March 2015
    Just thought I'd flick this up here cos EvilPingu did it for me this morning....

http://gyazo.com/e6490815f5a68142e3f75e515ed5291b

Pretty grim reading for me atm, but I have missed like 6+ weeks of the year due to the ISP issues and I know there's about £250 missing from my profit cos I keep track of every penny I spend/win at poker :p but no excuses, I'm still gonna win the bet and I'm still gonna make the SS leaderboard for 2015, so gl Larson.
  • edited March 2015
    Want to increase the bet:P
  • edited March 2015
    Only just getting round to updating because I've been quite busy today and I was too tired after the session last night to wanna write a long post.

Last night was my first time doing a night time session on Twitch so firstly I just wanna say thanks to all the sky regs that popped in throughout the night to say hello and get involved. My memory is useless so no doubt I'll forget some names but thanks to IrishRose, Maxally, Arazi, BigHawk, Macapaca, RSPCA, TommyD, MattBates, Dohhh, Don,  Pat (day4eire), WrongJohn for turning up.

The twitch part of the night went pretty well I thought, there was a fair bit of viewer interaction going on and that helped me keep up pretty much a constant flow of talking throughout. I think we peaked around the 55 viewers mark which I'm pretty happy with considering only 10-15 of those were people that specifically turned up because they know me, and I'm told that's pretty decent going so early in the start up of my channel.

The poker side of it went pretty well too which is always nice when you're streaming cos it gives people something exciting to sweat. The biggest/best result of the night was FTing a $27ko on Stars.... anyone who has been reading the diary recently will know I've had countless deep runs in this comp and always fell short of the decent money, I knew it was only a matter of time before I was gonna FT it and last night I finally did. I busted out in 6th place for just shy of $1100.

I had a few other small cashes on te stake here and there, 100th/2010 in a $10 super KO on stars for about $40, few heads for $20 in $27pko, I got 20th out of 268 in the 11r on 888 that I've FT'd 3-4 times, I got $65 for that, and a mincash in an $11 FO on 888 too, finishing 22/279 for $18

===============================================

Sky was a similar story to my last session, I bricked pretty much every comp and left it down to the £55 9pm BH to save the night. Maintaining my solid record of struggling to last />30 mins in a main event, had QQ<KTo aipf in main to gg about 30 mins in. Few little cashes, £6.10 of heads in the mini and bust not far from the money, and got £23.57 in the 9:30pm £11 BH, finishing just outside the money iirc, 53/327. Again the £55 BH saved the night when I FT'd it for the 2nd night running, all stacks were pretty even when we went into the FT and it just went pretty bad for me, I just couldn't win a pot, managed to ladder one place, then shipped A6s I think, Rose rejammed KK and we bust in 5th place for about £230

That's another like +£100 night on Sky Larson... coming for you :p

Staked Games: 199
    Sky: 99

Total: 298
  • edited March 2015
    In a bit of a rush so I'll update about Sunday's grind later. It wasn't particurly great but was not nearly as bad as a Sunday can be. Was about -£200 on Sky, had a really decent starting heading towards the money in roller, was about 4/40 at one point, blew it and didn't cash, but got a 6th in £22BH to make the night marginally less poor.

Staked games I was about -$130 which is all good, didn't run very well, and there's a promo on one of the sites where I get 50% of my BIs back from this weekend so I'm getting about $50 back.

=================================

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post was just because I have some exciting news. As a few of you will know I've been streaming on Twitch recently and my first 2 sessions have went really well on there imo. Last night I'm not even counting as a session, annoyingly I had to cut the stream short early because EE are obv throttling my internet on Sundays and it made the stream totally unwatchable, so looks like I'll have to stick to midweek days in future for the stream.

Anyway, Pocketfives, the ranking site recently set up their own 'TV channel' on their site basically to host poker playing streaming from Twitch and I am going to be debuting on there this Tuesday 24th and then again on Tursday 26th March. Both times I'm gonna be starting around 7:30pm and going on until we either win everything or bust everything.

Think it should be ok to post this link but if not a mod can take it down

http://www.pocketfives.com/pocketfivestv/

This is where it'll take place, and if you look on the right hand side below the chat box now you can see the schedule for the upcoming week including me. Fwiw, I really think this is exactly what Sky should be doing, and I think it is what they will do, set up their own 'SkyPokerTV' on the site as a place to stream Twitches and try to replicate some of the community feel of 861 but at a fraction of the cost.

If that is the route Sky take, then I'd love to spearhead that movement and so this is a great opportunity for me to try and build a big viewer base now that I'll instantly be able to bring over to the Sky Twitch.
  • edited March 2015
    It's been a busy few days for me trying to get things set up/thing looking better on my Twtich cannel and trying to do lots of advertising for it.

Firstly, thank you again to everyone that joined in watching me host my first show on the PocketFives TV channel last night. I think it well pretty well, the guy who organises it all/asked me to do the show was appy with my style of streaming/hosting and I got the highest viewer count I've seen on there from the few streams I've watched on their channel. I was running at 55-65 viewers for most of the night which is pretty decent, that number is going up a little with every stream I've done so far.

On the poker front, it wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. I was pretty much break even on party as I got $45 in heads in the $50 turbo BH but just missed out on the $175 mincash :( Pretty much break even on Stars, few heads here and there but another deep run in the 27ko finishing 68/1490 for $90 meant I was pretty break even. Lost a bit on 888, only played the $11r and the $109 high roller challenger and didn't cash either. I was doing ok the high roller, abuot 350 regged (making $9.5k ftw), I think it was about 40 paid, and we just lost a flip with about 100 left, pretty standard.

Was all looking a bit meh on Sky, few heads here and there but no deep runs in anything, then a few big hands and around midnight I was looking at trying to FT 2 comps on here. If I remember rightly I was 3/7 in a £22BH and 3/10 in the big £11BH (the 9:30pm one w/ about £450-500 ftw).

They didn't turn out that great in the end, I managed to FT the £22BH busting in 6th for about £140 (and maintaining my record of FTing a comp on every stream I've done so far), and I finished just off the FT busting in 8th in the £11BH, had a big flip with AKs against a PP... can't remember what it was but lost to bust in 8th anyway for about £50. So I ended up finishing about +£15 for the night.

While tables were low towards the end, just 2tabling those 2 BHs above I decided to add in a table of cash too, couldn't get on any 100NL tables, and there was only 1 50NL table with a space so just jumped on that for half an hour and finished about +£15 there.

Target is looking pretty hard to reach atm but it's not over till the fat ladie sings. I still got 7 days left of the month and 164 comps to go, so I need to average about 23 comps per day, definitely do-able but will be a push as obv I don't play 100% of days.

Staked Games: 217
    Sky: 119

Total: 336
  • edited March 2015
    Hi buddy. Only watched the last 2 hours of your stream last nite but really enjoyed it. How many Stream's do u do a week?
  • edited March 2015
    Cheers Timmy and cheers for popping in. Atm I'm gonna be streaming every session I play so something like 3 mornings per week (9am-3pm) and 4-5 evenings per week (7:30pm-1am+) ish.

I'm gonna be hosting on Pocketfivess again tomorrow night, then I will be back to my own channel. Although the feedback from pocketfives guy is very positive and I think they're gonna want me to do a few shows there everyweek, so dunno.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- 500 Comps in March ---- Exciting News!!:
    Cheers Timmy and cheers for popping in. Atm I'm gonna be streaming every session I play so something like 3 mornings per week (9am-3pm) and 4-5 evenings per week (7:30pm-1am+) ish. I'm gonna be hosting on Pocketfivess again tomorrow night, then I will be back to my own channel. Although the feedback from pocketfives guy is very positive and I think they're gonna want me to do a few shows there everyweek, so dunno.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I watched some of this-very informative, recommend people try it

Phil
  • edited March 2015
    Im gonna sound stupid here but is pocketfives like Twitch?
    Ive started following you on Twitch.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- 500 Comps in March ---- Exciting News!!:
    Im gonna sound stupid here but is pocketfives like Twitch? Ive started following you on Twitch.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Pocket 5s is primarily a poker player rankings site, but also has a TV channel. Can get good info re players on various sites-it does not (yet) track Sky...
  • edited March 2015
    Im gonna sound stupid here but is pocketfives like Twitch? Ive started following you on Twitch.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Cheers for the follow.

Yeah, as Phil said, PocketFives is mainly a rankings site, it covers pretty much every site except Sky. You just have to sign up and as part of your profile you'll have to tell them your aliases on every site you play on and it'll auto get all the information since you started on that site, like here is mine:  http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/lambert180/

The thing I'm hosting on (PocketFivesTV) is just another Twitch channel just that PocketFives have a link to it on their own site.

So like... http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180 is my channel

http://www.pocketfives.com/pocketfivestv/ is their channel.

Both just channels/pages on Twitch but PocketFives give me a password/code so I can stream on their channel. Fwiw, some other places like Stars, Pokertube etc have their own Twitch channels too.
  • edited March 2015
    Feeling tired and wanting to do a morning grind so getting off to bed asap, so just a quick update.

Twitch went well, will be glad to be back to my own channel tomorrow though as it's a lot less messing. A nice bink tonight meant I am still maintaining my success rate of making at least FT every single session I've played on Twitch.

Only other cashes (apart from the bink) on stake were just a few heads in KOs. That 27ko comp I FT'd last Friday and came 6th for just shy of $1.1k... well I FT'd it again tonight and went 1 better finishing 5th for nearly $1.6k. Was about $5250 ftw fwiw.

Not much success on Sky at all, finished about -£170. GG'd the main 99<77 aipf... soon all those Twitch viewers are gonna be able to see first hand how for some reason I can just never get a break in a sky ME.

Staked Games: 227
    Sky: 128

Total: 355

• edited April 2015
    God I didn't realise it had been that long since I'd updated!

I've not been running really bad or anything, just kept being tired at the end of sessions and forgetting to update. I failed on the 500 comp target which is pretty awful, I still played more than Jan and Feb but that doesn't say much cos they were awful volume. Haven't got the numbers, but I know I broke the 400 comp mark, think it was something like 420 comps in the end so poor effort.

March was pretty ok all round, nothing spectacular but an average solid month. I chopped up £750 from the stable (well chopped £1500, but £750 was my half) througout March, I was about £400 up on the cash tables on Sky, about £550 up on Sky MTTs, and then another £50 C4P. So all in all about +£1750 for March.

Just trawling through my Pocket5s and my spreadsheet for Sky to see if there have been any binks/runs of note since the last update. Not much on stake, I had a deepish run in the big55 but bust in 108th for $170 ($18k up top in that), got 59th out of about 1700 in a 27pko the other night for about $100 and FT'd the 11r on 888 but was first out on FT so got about $160.

On Sky since last update... I got 2nd in the MBI for about £380, a deep run in a £33 main but bust 25th for about £90, FT'd an £11 BH last night where I bust 6th for £85, and also got 2nd last night in a £22BH for just shy of £300.

I didn't have much in the way of success in Day 1 of UKOPS... bust the main about 10 off the money with no heads, bricked the £5r and £22bh, and finished 17th with 13 paid in the £55 BH although at least I got like £60 of heads in that. So we're off to an ok start for April, think I'm about +£150 on Sky and think I'm about $200 down for stake.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Paul, just a note to say I'm enjoying your Twitch sessions. It's good to get an insight into your game. Keep 'em coming and GL.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Hi Paul, just a note to say I'm enjoying your Twitch sessions. It's good to get an insight into your game. Keep 'em coming and GL.
    Posted by Payney1978
    Cheers Payney, I'll be going live again tonight about 7:30pm to stream the last night of UKOPS. 

================================

UKOPS has been a bit of a non-starter for me, I didn't get much in the way of cashes on Friday, Saturday I didn't play and then last night Sky wouldn't let me login to the site so had to miss out all of Sky from my Sunday schedule :(

It did mean I played a ton of staked stuff though, and was in for a total of like $750-$800 across party/stars/888. I did manage to just about make a profit on the day... I FT'd the 11r on 888 again, finishing 5th for $500 and FT'd a $55KO on 888 too, small field but got 4th and 2 heads for about $250. I stone bubbled the $35 turbo on 888 which was pretty grim cos I was like 4/24 with 20 paid, but it's a very quick/shallow comp and I lost a few races and it was gg. Had a few small cashes elsewhere to make for a small profit on the day of about $150.