You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Cheers Craig, yeah it's tough to get everything in, especially without turning each street into a novel... I've tried (and failed) to keep them concise.

Lol snuffer, not quite, it's exactly as I expected, the river is a total blank and the villian jams. The only difference being I said we should deffo checkback turn but they've said 'we' bet the turn very small and got called.

• edited May 2015
    Big thanks to everyone that's got involved helping me out in this promo. We still have until noon tomorrow to get as many likes as possible then it's up to the judge to pick the best 1 from the top 5. I should be pretty safe to make top 5 as the current standings are...

1st - 108 likes
    2nd - 104 likes
    3rd - 77 likes (me)
    4th - 62 likes
    5th - 56 likes
    6th - 42 likes

but ya never know, so here are the links again one last time....

• edited June 2015
    I've been on a break from playing any poker from about the 22nd May and first day back at the grind was 1st June (and played tonight too) and it's been a pretty tilt start to the month.

I found out today that I didn't win the Malta package but thanks anyway to everyone that helped me make the top 5.

Both days on Sky been about -£130 each, no real results, I've had 10th in a 22bh for £30 and tonight I got 5th in a 22bh for £80.

Really excited to see the new UKPC announced, and glad it's gonna be £550 this time... £1k events get vv pricey to satellite into! I'll deffo be grinding the the £26s and the £120s every single night I play. Played 1 x £26 so far, but no seat won.

Stake is continuing to be dire, not had a result there (or even a 3 figure cash) for what seems like forever.

• edited June 2015
    Didnt' play Wed or Fri

It was a pretty bricky Thurs, the only result was FT'ing the $27 DTD Mini on Party, finishing 7th out of about 150 for $210 plus a $120 token to use on party. No cashes on Sky.

Tonight was abit better, still a small loss on stake, had loads of good runs going but none of them amounted to much. The best run was the $100 major on party, it only got 84 runners (12 paid) so pretty small payouts (relative to the BI) but I'd been doing from about 30-35 runners left until just before my bust out. It was the FT bubble, villian opened, I 3b jam KK, guy in the BB cold calls 77 and original opener tank calls QQ, huuuge pot and Qxxxx takes it, and 77 guy has me covered so I finish below him and get 10th place for $230.

Few other decent runs, cashed the $27 DTD mini again, 18/146 for $50 and got 44/441 in the $55 challenge on 888 for $87.50

Sky was good, I finally won my £120 UKPC seat after my 3rd attempt of the £26 games. I got 10th out of 91 in an 11bh for £25 which was really disappointing, I was 1/15 and doing vv well and it was totally my own fault I bust 10th, I just blew up. Later in the night though I got my first decent bink on Sky for a while, winning the 9pm £55Bh for £900

So all in all a decent +£800 night on Sky.
  • edited June 2015
    Got new SS update from the penguin

Taking the last third of May off may have cost me in the prop bet, only time will tell, but as someone recently said to me... some things are more important than the grind.

New graphs here anyway

So I got another £1k to catch before the month ends. Still very do-able, and short of something mental happening it's very likely both of us are still gonna be 'in the running' even up to the last day.

Glgl kev
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Got new SS update from the penguin Taking the last third of May off may have cost me in the prop bet, only time will tell, but as someone recently said to me... some things are more important than the grind. New graphs here anyway http://gyazo.com/3a23c746f79345859a0997698c1671eb So I got another £1k to catch before the month ends. Still very do-able, and short of something mental happening it's very likely both of us are still gonna be 'in the running' even up to the last day. Glgl kev
    Posted by Lambert180
    Enjoying the posts Paul
  • edited June 2015
    Cheers Puma/Mike.

Brief update again as I'm about to go play some poker...

Monday was meh, finished about +£100 on Sky after winning my 2nd £120 UKPC seat and finishing 3/264 in the 9:30pm 11bh for about £140 and 11/95 in the 22bh for about £50

Another loss on stake :( More gutting than normal cos I had a few really good shots going but I didn't convert, the 'best' run was finishing 16th out of 512 runners in 888's $22 'main event' for $82.

Played Tues too and that was just grim all round, bricks everywhere, best result on sky and the potential session saver was the 9pm 55bh, but I stone bubbled it w/ £55 of heads, and the only result on stake was 68/434 in a $10r on party ofor $65.

• edited June 2015
    Just finished up a couple of hours of 6tabling cash, anything between 30-100NL as liquidity was a bit up and down. and finished about +£90

I'm definitely preferring how I've been playing my cash sessions this year since starting grinding MTTs as my main game. I always used to be a little bit too obsessed with volume, wanting loads of tables etc. Nowadays I just stick to 6 tables, and I feel so much more chilled out in sessions but more importantly I play so much better and I'm not missing all sorts of spots to nick little pots.

• edited June 2015
    Yo, been a while since an update. I've been meaning to do/say this for a week or so and not got round to it but I think I'm going to 'rest' the diary for a bit. It's all a bit mundane atm, I'm sure people must be getting bored of just reading the session results each time. I'm gonna get out and play some more live comps (and cash) soon, like I've said for the millionth time, so I'll update about those probably starting with Day 1C of the £220 25/25 series in Reading on 4th July.

So I'll briefly update the past week or so. I was going through a pretty rough period in MTTs, but it's recently starting to go back in my favour a little.

Thursday (11th) was all bricks including a pretty grim stone bubble in the £26 UKPC sat. I was looking in good shape, short stacked but about 3 from bottom, then all the players below me each had a race with big stacks and the short stack won each time, then I was forced to take a race and lost, so 4 races on the bubble and just need any one of the 3 shorties to lose, or me to win my one and it's a lock/won, so that was meh.

Sat (13th) only played 3 comps while at my mums for the weekend, another deep run in main, but again frustrating to amount to vv little, finishing 15/331 for £100

Sun (14th) I had the most grim roller I have ever played, I lasted (and that is the right word) about 90 mins - 2hr and during that time literally didnt win 1 pot, not even an open and take the blinds, just got peeled and lost postflop every single time. Also couldnt get anything going in the £120 UKPC final at all. Things shaped up a bit later in the night though, although still finished about -£30 for the night. I got 4th in Mini for £200, 5th in 11bh for £60 and 3rd in another 11bh for £175

Wed (17th) Just about mincashed the Main but bust straight after the bubble burst with AK<AQ (why do sky mains hate me so much lol), but more importantly I actually remembered to take the addon in the main and the mini! I FTd the 9pm 55bh but bust in 6th with KK<AK against Bates for £185, also got 2nd in the 22bh, again losing to Bates HU for £215

Thur (18th) another few good runs last night but fell short again in the late stages so nothing spectacular. I got 5th in 22bh for £90, bubbled the 11bh in 13th for £18.75 of heads, 3rd in the 55bh at 9pm for £230 and 21st in the big 11bh for £16

So getting some decent results the last few days but all in all I'm only +£80 since I last updated.

======================================

Anyway, gonna take a little break from the diary so I'll leave you with this.

<3

• edited June 2015

Hi lambert Good luck in the 25/25 series in Reading.
    Run good sir!!

• edited June 2015
    Hi Paul - What happened to the Ranking Hero thing? Since registering and voting for you I now get an e-mail every other day off some lady called Elena which is nice!

Cheers
    Greg.
  • edited June 2015
    Cheers both, I thought I'd posted an update on here but I didn't get it, pretty annoying like, not being funny but my analysis was miles ahead of the guy that won but he posted nice pictures so won it. Yeah I get loads of annoying emails from team too, I'm gg with that site now.

I know I said I'd rest the diary, but I'm just gonna post whenever I actually want to/have something to update and BOOM! I just won my UKPC seat :D

My success rate of satting into UKPCs/SPTs/any live tour is pretty awful so very happy to have bagged this one early doors.

I'll post my summary of all the sats I've played so far (but I'm on my laptop without my poker spreadsheet atm), but I think I've played in the region of 10 x £26s, I think I've won 3 x £120 seats (one I took the money cos already had seat) and this is the 2nd £120 I've actually played, and I've done it :D

Back on the £26s again tomorrow and try and get another one won!
  • edited June 2015
    Just 8 days left of the prop bet with Larson and here are the current scores...

Pretty happy with only a £600 lead to catch with the whole Sky/my ISP blocking me playing on the site for the first 3 months of the year... lets gooooooo
  • edited June 2015
    Oh yeah, I'm on my comp now so can do the quick UKPC sat summary I said I'd do...

So far I've played 12 of the £26 games and won 4 seats and played 2 of the £120 games and won 1 seat.

So that's a total outlay of £552 and total returns of £1030.

£550 of that is my actual seat so I've got a seat +£480 profit from the satellites so far. 

I know some people will moan but I'm gonna keeping hammering out the volume on these satellites, I think its a perfectly acceptable thing to do, and even more so with an event like this which is a re-entry, it's effectively giving you the chance to win multiple bullets. I won another £120 seat last night so hopefully can bink again on Sunday and get the £550 cash.
  • edited June 2015
    Good news on seat Paul. Ignore any chunters about still playing the sats.
    If I can swing another pass out then I will hopefully see you there

• edited June 2015
    Nice work on the sats Lambert and yeah play as many sats as you want.
    Good luck sir.
  • edited June 2015
    Good news on seat Paul. Ignore any chunters about still playing the sats. If I can swing another pass out then I will hopefully see you there
    Posted by Jac35
    Cheers Paul, great to see you posting on here again, I hope this isn't a one off!

Hope to see you at UKPC
  • edited June 2015
    Nice work on the sats Lambert and yeah play as many sats as you want. Good luck sir.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Cheers Timmy. You gonna be making an appearance at the UKPC?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Cheers Timmy. You gonna be making an appearance at the UKPC?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah will try some SATS after Vegas and if not will just flick it in
  • edited June 2015
    Pingu is providing me daily updates on the SS prop bet so might aswell share them here.

I didn't play last night but Larson did.

Rebuy night tonight, let's goooooo

• edited June 2015
    Boom!

Just won myself another UKPC seat so got the £550 cash.

So scores on the doors for UKPC sats are now...

£26s, played 14, won 4
    £120s, played 3, won 2

So total outlay = £724
    Total returns = £1580
    Profit = £856

:)

Also, that puts the pressure on Kev's for the prop bet with only 2 days to go of June!

Pingu is asleep so I didn't get the pretty pictures of a sharkscope but Bates got the numbers that matter for me....

[12:33:54 AM] Matt Bates: £3,644 lambo profit
    [12:34:18 AM] Matt Bates: £3,647 KC AND Kev was in the Roller and has gg'd it (which won't be added to skope until the comp ends) so I'm actually +£107 ahead of him now. What a stonking comeback from me if I do say so myself lol. Stilll gonna be a fun sweat for the last 2 days of June. glgl Kev.
  • edited June 2015
    Well done!

Going to be an interesting finish.
  • edited June 2015
    Well done

Think this thread should be moved to brags section though ;)

Good luck next two days
  • edited June 2015
    Cheers Kev/Nuggy.

I decided to take the night off yesterday and Pingu's provided the new stats this morning...

£232 lead atm and today is the very last day. Think it's all gonna be on Kev to do it (or not) cos think tonight I'll just play a full night of staked (888/party/stars) comps.
  • edited July 2015
    I was lazy again last night and didn't play (as above I wasn't planning on playing Sky anyway) so with a bit of tactical laziness I managed to hold on to my lead against Larson for the prop bet.

It really came right down to the wire, towards the end of the night he was about £250 behind me, and was sat in the 9pm 55bh with 10 left (9 paid)... think he'd have needed something like 2nd or 3rd to get me but he got unlucky and ended up bubbling it.

So here is the final SS from Pingu...

Wp Kev, was a good sweat at the end. Same again for next 6 month? ;)
  • edited July 2015
    Great prop bet and great too follow progress.

Both had great end totals well done both :)

Please do again :)
  • edited July 2015
    Cheers Nuggy.

If we had have started the prop bet again, it really would have been a horror show of a start for me!

I played the £220 25/25 series in Reading on 3rd July and it pretty much could not have gone worse. It was a really frustrating few hours because I can honestly say I've never ever sat on a table (live or online) with a worse group of players. The standard was absolutely shocking but I just got coolered or outdrawn over and over again. I lasted about 5 hours in that time won about 3 pots. Happy with how I played, just wasn't my day and kept being outkicked etc.

Then I seemed to take that form onto the Sky tables... I have ran so bad for the start of this month it's unreal. Barely cashed a single MTT all month (before tonight) and I'm including heads in that. It's been pretty rough like, been doing some work on my game to try and fine tune some things, been playing really well for the most part but whenever the chips all go in, and it's time to see a runout, it's bad news literally every time.

Long story short the mini downswing in sky MTTs put me in a £1100 hole before I started on Saturday

I was at my mum's last night so played a smaller session than normal, played the main, was out in 18 minutes, lose a pretty big chunk with AKdd against A8o on A45dd 6o, 7o. That was a fun runout, then I iso'd big over a bunch of limpers w/ JJ, bet T94dd, shove on an offsuit 4 turn, snapped off by QTo, and T river does the job. Took a little break until the 55bh started at 9pm, started quiet, then opened AQo, BB peels A6dd and jams over my cbet on AKx dd, I snap and drawing dead on turn. I get the rest in for JJ<KQ.

I was feeling pretty bleurgh after that and just planning to chill out for the rest of the night, until about 10:40pm when Dohhh badgered me to late reg the MBI. Well about 2hours later I'd finally got my first bit of rungood in July and managed to take it down. Got about £725 ftw so still about -£450 for the month but that feels amazing compared to what it was yesterday, and hopefully that's a turning point in July to start getting some results together.

Lambert180 195000 1 £390 + £335.14 Head Prizes 8 £102.52
    Kamcio 0 2 £243.75 + £103.13 Head Prizes 5  
    snoxx11 0 3 £146.25 + £28.13 Head Prizes 1  

• edited July 2015
    Well played last night mate, I tried to tell you when HU not to do a brag post today but you took it down in seconds. That FT yesterday was hyper turbo!  Bubble time shorts kept doubling up (inc you with the 77's) then suddenly was HU and that was over.

Great to watch and well done again :) 
  • edited July 2015

Incomingggggggggggggggggggggggggg..........................

(Congratzz!!! :)