You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Pretty meh Sunday, running the same as I was the day before. Just one of these standard periods where the races don't go your way, must have lost at least 10 x 80/20s.

I did win one race which was probably the most funny/mental race I've ever seen. It was in the DTD Micro ($5), shorty w/ like 5bb jams, about 12bb rejams, about 35bb rejams, I've got like 17bb w/ AKs and it's prob not the best call ever but thought meh, wanted to spin it up or finish that comp so I call, then guy behind cold calls lol.

Turns out to be my AKs v AQ v AJ v KQ v 96s. Board doesn't pair, no flush, no1 makes a pair and AK high is good to nearly 5x my stack.

I had a really deep run in a $10 super KO on stars which took me till about 3:30am to finish and ended in much frustration. I came 20th out of just over 2200 for $90 :( First chance for a big score on stars in ages. Few other little cashes and I was about -$300 for the night.

I was 1tabling that $10 stars comp from about 1am onwards and really couldn't be bothered to re-reg more MTTs so just played some £10 Hypers on Sky to keep me busy. Started great and was 5-1 up, then got this opponent who just could not lose a hand lol, frustrating because he was possibly the worst player I've ever seen at Hypers, literally snapping off jams w/ 34o etc, basically ATC but just won every race. He got me back to 5-5 before I finally won 1 then he left :(

Ended up winning 16 and losing 14 for a fiver profit and some pointsss

Latest graph...

Comps: 118
    Profit/Loss: -$879

On the positives, I aint made it 4 figures into the red yet :D Seriously though, the numbers might seem big, but for what I'm playing, this isn't like a horrific start to a month or anything, it's fairly standard.

Volume going great, results not!

Back on the grind tonight, gl all.
  • edited September 2015
    Good luck for the rest of the month Buddy!
  • edited September 2015
    Cheers Timmy.

Few issues came up with a mate, so didn't play yest and can't play tonight for the same reason. Will be back vv soon though.

Was just mooching around online as I do and stumbled across this... it's got all my highlights from the Twitch days (and some really old stuff)

Top vid on there was the double FT of $11r and $35 turbo, when I got about 300-350 viewers. Good times.

• ommomm
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Pretty meh Sunday, running the same as I was the day before. Just one of these standard periods where the races don't go your way, must have lost at least 10 x 80/20s. I did win one race which was probably the most funny/mental race I've ever seen. It was in the DTD Micro ($5), shorty w/ like 5bb jams, about 12bb rejams, about 35bb rejams, I've got like 17bb w/ AKs and it's prob not the best call ever but thought meh, wanted to spin it up or finish that comp so I call, then guy behind cold calls lol. Turns out to be my AKs v AQ v AJ v KQ v 96s. Board doesn't pair, no flush, no1 makes a pair and AK high is good to nearly 5x my stack. I had a really deep run in a $10 super KO on stars which took me till about 3:30am to finish and ended in much frustration. I came 20th out of just over 2200 for $90 :( First chance for a big score on stars in ages. Few other little cashes and I was about -$300 for the night. I was 1tabling that $10 stars comp from about 1am onwards and really couldn't be bothered to re-reg more MTTs so just played some £10 Hypers on Sky to keep me busy. Started great and was 5-1 up, then got this opponent who just could not lose a hand lol, frustrating because he was possibly the worst player I've ever seen at Hypers, literally snapping off jams w/ 34o etc, basically ATC but just won every race. He got me back to 5-5 before I finally won 1 then he left :( Ended up winning 16 and losing 14 for a fiver profit and some pointsss Latest graph... http://tinypic.com/r/294l8qo/8 Comps: 118 Profit/Loss: -$879 On the positives, I aint made it 4 figures into the red yet :D Seriously though, the numbers might seem big, but for what I'm playing, this isn't like a horrific start to a month or anything, it's fairly standard. Volume going great, results not! Back on the grind tonight, gl all.
    Posted by Lambert180

He probably just read Teddybloats HUSNG stratergy blog and decided to widen his range ;-)
  • edited September 2015
    He must have Omm! He must have imagined the bit where Teddy said do not fold any hand ever.

There's been a little issue with the stable recently so not been able to play (no i aint been sacked), will be sorted soon. So in the meantime I'm taking JJ up on his offer of the charity challenge at 25nl zoom on stars as he mentioned in his diary.

It's pretty addictive that zoom lark, I've never played it before (for more than a min or two), crazy how fast you can get through hands when 4tabling it. Ran pretty bad first session, rec'd a couple of coolers, set under set etc, and lost the 2 allins of the session QQ<AK and Kx < 89dd on KQx dd, but happy with what the games are like. As a couple of people have said, definitely still a lot of weaker players in the pool, and definitely don't feel out of my depth at all which is something I thought I might do (mostly due to fear mongering from others).

Finished down 2 BIs ($52), was -$17 in terms of EVaments fwiw after 2k hands which only took like 2hr, maybe 2.5hr.

Graph so far...

Can deffo see how people can put crazy volume in on stars at zoom getting in like 1k hands per hr.

So I got 3k hands to turn it around.
  • edited September 2015
    It's pretty addictive that zoom lark
    Posted by Lambert180
    It has been said recently that zoom players are like hero in addicts. 

Now you've experienced it, (zoom, not hero in afaik), do you think there's any truth in that statement?
  • edited September 2015
    Lol JJ, well there's truth in the fact that it's addictive, but hero in, I'd imagine is considerably more harmful to you.

Really is great fun Zoom, starting to <3 it.

Got another mini session in today for the challenge and a much better one than yesterday.

3700 hands played now and I'm now +$65 total (so this morning was about +$115)

New graph....

EV line is now almost dead on actual profit so that's nice. The next session will deffo be the one that takes me to 5k hands and finishes off the challenge and still all to play for.
  • edited September 2015
    Anddd that's me done for zoom... for a little while anyway. I may grind bits of it in the daytime when it's so much easier to fit in than a big MTT session you gotta commit to and can't stand if necessary.

Final totals are...

5003 hands played
    +$111.53

Here's the final graph...

So I won the bet and JJ will be shipping £30 here...

==================

I'm also glad to say all stable issues have been sorted, so gonna withdraw all my own money from stars now, to be topped up by the guys, and then it's back for a big Sunday MTT grind tomorrow. Not played MTTs in what feels like ages so pretty excited (almost certainly won't feel that way at 2am tomorrow/Monday lol)

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    It's pretty addictive that zoom lark
    Posted by Lambert180

Anddd that's me done for zoom
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hooked to clean inside 3 days....

If only he roin addictions were as easy to shake ;)

gg on the challenge, moniez has been sent. 

glgl with future fund raising efforts.
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Booooooom!!!!

:D:D

Will do all the numbers tomorrow cos I'm still on the FT of the 55KO on 888 but it has been a good Sunday! :D
  • edited September 2015
    Just bust out of that 55ko, got 3rd place for about $350 so here are the final scores...

Comps: 126 
    Profit/Loss: +$6674

Pretty sure number of comps will go up tomorrow when SS updates cos I deffo played more than 8 comps.

Graph....

:D
  • edited September 2015
    Booooooom!!!! http://tinypic.com/r/9s71io/8 :D:D Will do all the numbers tomorrow cos I'm still on the FT of the 55KO on 888 but it has been a good Sunday! :D
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nice score-gratz
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Nice binkage VWP
  • ommomm
    edited September 2015
    Great result, well done. Hopefully more will follow soon. 
  • edited September 2015
    Good result Paul, well played! 
  • edited September 2015
    Cheers guys, deffo felt good to finally take a big one down on Stars.
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Well done Lambert.
  • edited September 2015
    Cheers Timmy.

I was chatting to someone on FB about it and if I hadn't already mentioned, the reason I stopped Twitching recently was mostly because my grind setup is in the bedroom and most of my sessions go on till 1-2am+ and my girlfriend didn't really appreciate going to bed and me still Twitching lol. 

I was talking to Emma about it earlier (cos someone had asked where my Twitch went) and she suggested I do it in a different room so I'm considering starting again... if there was any interest?
  • edited September 2015
    Well done Lambo, really happy for ya, especially outlasting such a big field which is what puts me off playing 'those' games.

Also +1 for your twitch channel!
  • edited September 2015
    Very well done! And I would watch.
  • edited September 2015
    Pm sent lambert
  • edited September 2015
    2k+ field, v impressive Paul, vwp, congratulations great bink.
  • edited September 2015
    I'd definitely tune in to your Twitch stream. If you opened your game up a little :D

Great win, nice to hear you in beast mode. Congrats.
  • edited September 2015
    If you start twitching I would like to see it , not literally just on the computer lol.
  • edited September 2015
    I've replied to your PM Waller. Good job you told me here cos now Sky have removed the thing where u get an email if you get a PM, it would probably have been months before I saw it.

Cheers guys, may get back on that Twitch wagon then.

I posted it on FB but thought I'd share the amusing chat that happened just before winning that stars comp. When we got HU he asked for a deal and it was something like 5.6k for 2nd and 7.5k for 1st, and I was a bit outchipped so chip chop was only like 6.1k and I didn't think it was worth locking up $500 at that stage to give up the shot at 1st place money, especially when I rate my own ability HU. Anyway, this chat happened on Skype just before I turned the deal down and told him I wanted to play on (I had to *** out some words for sky's forum)...

[00:27:52] George: Jack Bauer wouldn't f*c*ing deal
    [00:27:57] Sam Newman: gamboool
    [00:28:05] marc wright: u think chuck Norris deals?
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Had a couple of FTs last night, but both quite small ones, a $12 FO and the 55KO on 888, and I bust both in 9th :( so was a small loss on the night.

Comps: 155
    Profit/Loss: +$6498

Updated graph for the month...

It was a pretty bad night last night in terms of busting lots of comps very fast so towards the end of the night I was only 5tabling and was a bit too late to reg up more so played some more £10 Hypers on Sky. Won 8 out of 13 for +£23.50

I am planning on replying to you btw Waller, I'm just trying to think of what the best way of doing it is.