You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 1

Had a pretty frustrating but relatively cheap start to UKOPS.

I included a £3.30BH cos it was UKOPS and thought prizepool might be decent, it wasn't, so won't be playing that again but I got 28/377 for about £11

Had a really deep run in the £25k Super BH thing, that was exciting and fun but I busted before the real money in 23rd for £65. Amazingly I managed to get from 2323 runners down to 23rd and didn't take a single head.

Got 1 head in what was otherwise an uneventful main. Had a great shot to save the night in the 9:30pm 11bh, think I was like 2/11 then had AJ<AT and AK<QJ to double the same guy up twice and leave me with like 2bb. Busdt in 11th for about £50.

So a loss on the first night, but a small one considering it's Sunday and it's UKOPS.

Will keep a running total of the £££ just throughout UKOPS (all comps included, not just UKOPS ones)

Total BIs: £289.55
    Total Cashes: £192.15
    Profit/Loss: -£97.40
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- Made Priority!!:
    Good luck for November and in UKOPS!!
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Cheers Timmy, gl to you too. Saw you were going well in the main when I bust out, how did you get on?
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 2

Mehhh, more of the same, deep runs but no cigar.

Came 11/245 in the big 11bh, AQ<AT exit sucked and 17/585 in the mini. Few other heads, and was making a deep run in the main, was abuot 18/43 iirc then lost TT<AK to gg.

Oh well, plenty more days of UKOPS left.

Total BIs: £552.35
    Total Cashes: £259.68
    Profit/Loss: -£292.67

• edited November 2015
    Had a nice couple of days off, perfect timing really because the last 2 days of UKOPS in terms of the schedule have been of little interest to me. I've got no interest in playing PLO, not for £50 anyway, and didn't fancy the £50r, I only really like playing rebuys if I feel I can play totally comfortably and ignore the money and so for the 50r that means being happy to spend 250-300+ and I'd prefer not to do that.
    It was my birthday yesterday anyway so good time to have a couple of days off. Just had a quiet night in with Emma and a curry. Emma, as always, made me a sick birthday cake... chocolate cake with soft set chocolate orange butter cream icing topped with chocolate orange segments <3

UKOPS Day 5

Can only be bad news that I'm posting up shortly after 11pm how my session went. Another very meh session... lots of deep runs again, lots of near misses.

Got... 

7/240 in £5.75bh for £28
    3/60 in early 22bh for £122
    6/154 in 11bh for £86
    Won my £115 high roller Semi seat in the £25 sat

Can't play the HR sats for £££ anymore which I do think is pretty annoying but I don't mind so much cos I'm intending to win a seat to play it anyway.

Other results frustrating, was a pretty big CL in 22bh from about 15 left up to the point of being 3handed, so annoying to blow that. 11bh I made the FT and very first hand on the FT was JJ<AJ to gg. Meh, plenty more chances to finally convert something.

JJ said something earlier (to Don actually cos he was tilting about Football Manager iirc lol)...

"As Sommerville says, u only get so many hours in a day, only so much energy and emotion u can use.
    Use it on things that are important."

Total BIs: £900.60
    Total Cashes: £615.07
    Profit/Loss: -£285.53
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 6

Updating briefly cos just wanna go to bed.

Thought tonight was gonna be the night I made a half decent profit, had great shots everywhereeee, but in the end it was another losing night.

4/95 in 33bh for £370
    12/97 in 11r for £58

That's about it. Had a great stack in the main again, courtesy of a couple of gifts early doors but bust about 15 off the money.

I'll use my buzz word for the month so far.. #frustration

Total BIs: £1,406.10
    Total Cashes: £1,061.70
    Profit/Loss: -£344.40
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 9

Getting pretty repetitive these updates, built lots of stacks, had lots of deep runs, ran sh!t when it mattered. Made 3 FTs, had grim beats in all 3 to gg me.

6/75 in 22bh for £58
    6/138 in 11bh for £45
    5/67 in 33bh for £106

Total BIs: £1,723.65
    Total Cashes: £1,275.88
    Profit/Loss: -£447.77
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 10

Same again zzz. Deep runs, and beats.

Had a good stack in main then AK<AQ for chunks, good stack in 55bh then raise/4b jam 99 into 77 for chunks, A96r flop and I lose :D

Only real 'decent' run was 9/74 in 22bh for £75

Night off tomorrow cos it's a pretty poor selection of comps tomorrow in the schedule imo.

Total BIs: £1,944.90
    Total Cashes: £1,326.52
    Profit/Loss: -£618.38
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 12

The frustration continuesssss. Lots more deep runs, still seeking a half decent score. I had 2 hands tonight in the space of 60 seconds which in terms of the spots and the stage of the tournament were about as grim a 60 seconds of poker as I've had this month...

I was doing ok in the UKOPS main, threatening to cash my first main of the series, think it was about 20 off the money, then I have AA v KT for a big double up, was no good on QJ9 flop though. Then 30 seconds later in the £55BH it goes, minraise, jam, I rejam, opener calls us both off. It's KK (me) v 66 v 77 and runs out 65435. Two great shots for great stacks in the 2 biggest comps of the night, mehhh.

Had a few runs but inevitably I got unlucky when it really counts (although I did have to small stack ninja my way as far as I did in the 22bh).

3rd out of 61 in 22bh for £106
    5th out of 95 in 11bh for £63
    20th out of 205 in UKOPS 22bh for £22.55 (didnt get any heads so just mincash)
    8th out of 251 for £63.55

Would just like one deep run to go well.

On the positives, at least I was +£30 so that's the 2nd 'winning' night of the month.

Total BIs: £2,253.15
    Total Cashes: £1,664.66
    Profit/Loss: -£588.49
  • edited November 2015
    UKOPS Day 15

Gonna be my last post for a while, so I guess the last UKOPS update is a good note to end on before the break.

UKOPS been a total flop, and tonight was no different. Same old story, building stacks, going deep, falling short.

Won a UKOPS main seat from the LR sat for £110 cash
    6/64 in 22bh for £64

Had a few good runs that didn't come to fruition, I was 1/17 in an 11bh (13 paid), lost a few small flips/races and then lost a big one JJ v AK after getting Jxx flop to gg in 17th. GG'd the UKOPS 22bh a few off the money 39/264 with £30 of heads, and just bust the late 22bh 15/102 (13 paid) with 1 head.

Frustratinggggg

Total BIs: £2,568.90
    Total Cashes: £1,902.51
    Profit/Loss: -£666.39

I may be back at some point, really dunno atm but either way, glgl to everyone while I'm away.
  • edited November 2015

Might have missed this but where you going Lambert.

To another site or having a break from pokering.

Daggers

• edited November 2015
    Hey Daggers, not much to miss really, nothing kicked off or anything. Loads of little things in one, a general frustration with social media really. I'm still pokering and still on Sky (mostly), just wasnt gonna post on diary much.

As it happens I've replaced the frustration of social media with a massive frustration at poker ;) Poker going much the same as my updates throughout November, building stacks loads, then it all just goes to pieces/i can't hold/win races when it counts. 

Only really popped on so I could say that I stopped smoking as of 26th November. It just gives me a bit more accountability I guess if I make it public, then I'd feel a bit more motivation to not get back on the wagon and have to admit defeat publicly too. Although I've got plenty of motivation for that anyway tbf, kids, health, money, etc etc so this is deffo 'the one', I've deffo stopped for good this time. You heard it here first.
  • edited November 2015
    Stopped smoking Lambie - that's brill, well done

Now keep it up!

glgl
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers Geldy.

As Groggy said to me at the tables tonight, I think after my results tonight I should probably do a bit of an update.

Recently, I've been on a pretty ugly downswing, November was a bit of a horror month, and coming off the back of Sept and Oct only being small winning months, it had been a pretty awful 3 month period, then December kicked off in the same fashion. It started to drain all motivation to wanna sit down and grind the night away when I was getting hammered.

Anyway, long story short, I did some rungood tonight to make up for it a bit, hopefully it's the start of a few more results to come.

I won my UKPC seat tonight :D This time round I'd said to myself (at least this far away from the event) that I was only gonna play the £52 if I satted thru from the £11 so have only been playing £11s up to now... at a guess I'd say I've played maybe 10-15 of them so in for about £100-£150 and I'll take that!

I FT'd the 9pm 55bh, sadly only got 6th place which is annoying when you go into the FT with a pretty big CL but just a few coolers/lost flips etc, unavoidable. FT'd the later 22bh and got 2nd in that.

Anddd the best result of the night, I FT'd the Roller, it's been SO long since I even cashed the roller or cashed any main event so it was vv welcome. I got 4th in the end for about £1250... IanSimpson opened, I had a perfect stack to 3bet jam with AQ, he had AK, standard. Just watched him take it down, so wpwp Ian.

So all in all, it was just over a +£2.2k night. A really great time to come as well with my recent run, means I won't have to stress about it over xmas.

===========================

And if you're wondering, yes I've still not smoked, will be 3 weeks this Thursday. Easy game.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    Cheers Geldy. As Groggy said to me at the tables tonight, I think after my results tonight I should probably do a bit of an update. Recently, I've been on a pretty ugly downswing, November was a bit of a horror month, and coming off the back of Sept and Oct only being small winning months, it had been a pretty awful 3 month period, then December kicked off in the same fashion. It started to drain all motivation to wanna sit down and grind the night away when I was getting hammered. Anyway, long story short, I did some rungood tonight to make up for it a bit, hopefully it's the start of a few more results to come. I won my UKPC seat tonight :D This time round I'd said to myself (at least this far away from the event) that I was only gonna play the £52 if I satted thru from the £11 so have only been playing £11s up to now... at a guess I'd say I've played maybe 10-15 of them so in for about £100-£150 and I'll take that! I FT'd the 9pm 55bh, sadly only got 6th place which is annoying when you go into the FT with a pretty big CL but just a few coolers/lost flips etc, unavoidable. FT'd the later 22bh and got 2nd in that. Anddd the best result of the night, I FT'd the Roller, it's been SO long since I even cashed the roller or cashed any main event so it was vv welcome. I got 4th in the end for about £1250... IanSimpson opened, I had a perfect stack to 3bet jam with AQ, he had AK, standard. Just watched him take it down, so wpwp Ian. So all in all, it was just over a +£2.2k night. A really great time to come as well with my recent run, means I won't have to stress about it over xmas. =========================== And if you're wondering, yes I've still not smoked, will be 3 weeks this Thursday. Easy game.
    Posted by Lambert180

hi lambert and well done on tonights results, quick question do you still do any streaming?

• edited December 2015
    Cheers RLT. I haven't done any streaming for a while, I'm not sure when/if I'll do more tbh. Maybe it's a selfish POV but I just didn't feel like I was getting much out of it (and there wasn't much interest) and it's pretty intense to do regularly.
  • edited December 2015
    Great news WP on Sunday Lambert!!
  • edited December 2015
    Nice effort on Sunday night, and an even nicer effort on the quitting smoking front.

Hope to do the same myself, one day.
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers Timmy and JP.

Yeah it's a great decision if you really decide to do it whole heartedly. I've had mountains of badgering over the years from my mum/brothers to quit smoking but none of it works unless you decide yourself you don't wanna do it anymore. I've quit before and know how much better I feel physically when I'm not doing it and I was just sick of feeling cr@p all the time. It also really helped me that my 2 daughters are getting older now, starting to ask questions etc and I just can't justify/condone it, so before I had to answer awkward questions or allow them to see/understand what I'm doing, it was best all round to stop doing it.

I'm totally confident this time that it's for good.
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers Timmy and JP. Yeah it's a great decision if you really decide to do it whole heartedly. I've had mountains of badgering over the years from my mum/brothers to quit smoking but none of it works unless you decide yourself you don't wanna do it anymore. I've quit before and know how much better I feel physically when I'm not doing it and I was just sick of feeling cr@p all the time. It also really helped me that my 2 daughters are getting older now, starting to ask questions etc and I just can't justify/condone it, so before I had to answer awkward questions or allow them to see/understand what I'm doing, it was best all round to stop doing it. I'm totally confident this time that it's for good.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well done. I was a 30 a day smoker for 25 years. Gave up easily once realised that not only had I enjoyed smoking, but I genuinely wanted to stop (and my wife/kids also wanted me to). Over 8 years without now-gl
  • edited December 2015
    Hey Paul 

Well done on Sunday, very nice results. 

• edited December 2015
    Hey Paul  Well done on Sunday, very nice results. 
    Posted by LARSON7
    2 weeks and 2 days till the start of the Lambo v Larson MTT prop bet rematch ? <3
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers RLT. I haven't done any streaming for a while, I'm not sure when/if I'll do more tbh. Maybe it's a selfish POV but I just didn't feel like I was getting much out of it (and there wasn't much interest) and it's pretty intense to do regularly.
    Posted by Lambert180
    well for what its worth i always enjoyed your stream and learnt alot from it, so thanks for the time you put into it :)
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers Larson

@Dohh - I'm in if he is :)

Cheers RLT, always nice to know someone liked it. Comments like that always make me tempted to start it back up again. If I do, it'll definitely be back to just showing my own regular games so MTTs in the evenings.
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers Larson @Dohh - I'm in if he is :) Cheers RLT, always nice to know someone liked it. Comments like that always make me tempted to start it back up again. If I do, it'll definitely be back to just showing my own regular games so MTTs in the evenings.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I enjoyed the stream lambert.
  • edited December 2015

Hi Paul,

Here is the Super Roller Final Table from last Sunday, in which you featured. One of those Finals, which you may not care to be reminded of, but you get to see what people had, especially a remarkable play by a pal of mine, Dewi-Cool, who is older than me, but still seems to have a move or two in him.

Note these are edited highlights, so not all hands are shown.

As for you, well you waited until you found the right hand, & then.......

https://youtu.be/TZ2yviEQ0no
  • edited December 2015

Incidentally, the winner did not put a foot wrong, but to be fair, he did run rather well......
  • edited December 2015
    Cheers for the reminder Tikay, I was meaning to find this once it got uploaded then I forgot. Always a little bit of disappointment straight after when you don't win a FT but as they say, that's mostly gone the next day when you look at your balance, so still very happy with the result.

Yeah I met Ian for the first time when we both got down to 3handed in that £550 UKPC side event in Feb last year and we've chatted ever since so I railed him to taking it down after I'd bust, top guy and as you say, didn't do anything wrong and ran quite well.

Yeh I did play more than 1 hand on the FT iirc lol but that was the first big one and c'est la vie, it's just totally unavoidable.

• edited January 2016
    Hello all,

Hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year.

I'm back from my standard xmas/new year 'hiatus', I know some people think Xmas is a great time to play poker, the games are better etc (and that's true) but for me it's a chance to get together with the family I don't get to see very often which is far more important to me so I don't go near any poker clients usually between like 25th - 31st Dec.

Anyway I'm back on the grind now, well I have been since 1st Jan. I'm gonna see how it goes in month 1 to assess how reasonable a target it is, but I'm gonna see if I can reach Prio every month this year. So I think I'm gonna give DYMs a go in the mornings and then MTTs as usual at night, and most importantly, less days off!

MTTs haven't gone too well so far in the first 2 days, thought I had a decent shot at a result tonight when I was CL with 12 left in the MBI, then I just didn't win another pot until I bust in 8th two off the money (although I did have £83 of heads).

Atm I'm about -£250 from MTTs over the last 2 days, and I've been loaded a few DYMs later in the sessions if table count gets low. Ran pretty well at the DYMs so far, can't remember wins and losses per stake etc but I've played maybe 10 DYMs, a mix of £5s/£11s/£22s and I'm about +£50.

I missed out on my goal of making the SS leaderboard last year but I'm blaming that on not being able to play on Sky for the first 3 months of the year lol. Goals this year are pretty simple mostly....

• Play more
    • Moan less
    • Get on SS leaderboard
    • Play more live
    • Make Prio every month
    • FINALLY win a Sky Main!

Last one is in the lap of the gods but would be nice.
  • edited January 2016
    GL for this year Lambert :)