You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited October 2015
    This round it's 1st to 2 wins.

You are at home so can chose turbo or speed
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards -------:
    This round it's 1st to 2 wins. You are at home so can chose turbo or speed
    Posted by Phantom66
    A guarenteed 2 and potentially 3 extra poker points towards your priority goal too, Paul.
  • edited October 2015
    Cheers Phantom.

Not much going on stake tonight, got 12th in $22 deepy for $60 and 16th in 12r for $85, that's about it, so a small loss on there.

On Sky I got 2nd in the MBI for just over £300 and played the £24 UKOPS Sat for the money and got the £110 so repaired most of the damage of this morning's cash session, and back to nearly break even for the month.

One more night of grinding tomorrow then it's off to DTD on the weekend to play this team comp.

Stats for the month so far/comps played:

• edited October 2015
    Nice comeback Lambo
  • edited October 2015
    Had a great session tonight which got me back into the black for the month, which is a really amazing result after those couple of days at cash.

Played all my regular comps, got 8th in the 9pm £55BH for £90 busting AQ<AJ which is a bit meh. I got 2nd in the MBI for the 2nd night running, HU loss there was pretty urgh too, stacks were about even and I jammed A2dd, called by K9hh, and flop was 34x with two diamonds, so about as much a lock for the hand as I can possibly be while still having A high lol but he spiked the offsuit 9, got £310 for that.

I also saw there was a £115 sat running for the UKOPS high roller, and had a bit of overlay so late-regged it. It obv didn't end with overlay cos everyone had the same idea as me, but after a long, tough bubble someone else did the hard work, lost a flip and I got my £530 seat. There's a half decent chance I'll play the event, it'll largely depend on if I'm free that night and how UKOPS has gone up to that point but it just makes no sense to not take the money incase you can't play etc so took the £££ for that.

Still rough going in my staked comps, so far only 1 cash tonight and I'm just 1tabling my last one now, a $16.50 turbo on 888, 35 runners left from 215 atm, 27 paid and $700 ftw, so hopefully I have something positive to post about the stake in the next update.

Having a nice break from online poker now and setting off for DTD in the morning, excited as always, I love live poker.

• edited October 2015
    Surely if you can't play it you'll find out nearer the time and be able to reg then? :) Taking the cash now obv feels good but then when it comes to the event you'll be like "do I really want to stump out £530 for this?" :)
  • edited October 2015
    I don't really get what you mean Ivan. If I wanna take the £££ in advance, or even have the option to do so, then I have to do it in advance, I can't do it after the satellite has finished. Do you mean just stay regged in the HR so I don't notice the £530 in my account? If so, meh, wouldn't really work on me, I'd always know I have the option to take it so would still treat it like my £530, and I never really pay attention to my balance anyway, I just look at my spreadsheet for profit/loss and the only way to count it on my spreadsheet really is to count it as a £530 cash. As I say, I'll play the HR if I've got off to a good start in UKOPS.

======================================

Pokerwise, the team weekend at DTD was a total flop. Struggled to win a hand all day, only a few major pots than I can recall, one I'd 4bet KK BTN v BB, flop was Axx and maanged to only lose a little bit more postflop to AK, the other one that I remember I had A6 on AQ6, villian had AQ :(, thankfully the full runout was AQ63Q so by the river my head was basically dead, I didn't even have a kicker anymore but obv had to pay off his comedy bet of 25k into a 400k pot on the river. Was still a great weekend though

=================================

Got some catching up to do on the points front now after having the weekend off!

I'm not gonna go into details cos it's not my business to discuss but for personal reasons the stable I'm in have decided to disband so I'm no longer staked. It came as a bit of a shock but yeh it shouldn't really affect me too much.

So I didn't find out long before my session and had a bit of admin to sort so only played Sky tonight, I'll deposit a bit of my own £££ on some of the other sites soon.

Bricked everything, except about £25 worth of heads, across all the games. On the positives, I got a decent bit of Hyper grinding in cos only playing Sky meant my table count was really low all night. Played 31 games and won 20 for +£75

Should be on abuot 3800 by now by knew I'd be 2 days behind the pace after the weekend, should catch that up this week easy enough.
  • edited October 2015
    Was always gonna happen after me posting up about a good session at the Hypers the other day. I've been getting battered at them ever since. Winning races is harddd.

Yesterday at £10s I W31 and L40 and that was about -£120
    Today I W31 and L36 at £10s, and flicked in some £21s cos at times it was really hard to get games running, W4 and L3 at the £21s for a total today of -£70.50

Hopefully make that like 4200 ish after MTTs (and maybe some hypers) tonight, then hopefully finish tomorrow on around 5000. The half way point for prio almost exactly half way thru the month.

Comedy hand of the session. After he called, I was trying to think if there was even 1 hand he chops/beats there. 23o is a boat, 24o and 74o are straights. Finally figured out he beats 72o. Calling with the 2nd nut low, what a hero!

Mehhh it won't post :(

Stacks were 350 (me) v 650 (him) at 20/40, I limp the BTN with JJ and bet, bet, jam on 356r 5 turn 5 river. He calls down with 82o

• edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    Hi mate - I'm around all afternoon/evening now if you want to play our HU match?
  • edited October 2015
    Around again tonight if you are?
  • edited October 2015
    Around again tonight if you are?
    Posted by bromley04
    Hi Adam, I believe Paul has spent the last couple of days bed ridden with food poisoning after eating a dodgy chicken. 

Good punishment by the illness gods for taunting me with meat pictures all week after I turned vegetatarian. 

wp them :)

I'll let him know you've posted. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Lolpro and Onwards ------- : Hi Adam, I believe Paul has spent the last couple of days bed ridden with food poisoning after eating a dodgy chicken.  Good punishment by the illness gods for taunting me with meat pictures all week after I turned vegetatarian.  wp them :) I'll let him know you've posted. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks for letting me know JJ - thought he was running scared :)
  • edited October 2015
    Cheers JJ for letting Adam know.

I'm still in quarantine atm (but feeling a little better today), not being able to leave the bedroom, except to go the toilet,  incase I infect the rest of the house.

Adam, I'm free to play our HU match anytime tonight or anytime any day for the rest of the week really, just let me know on here.

Will do a proper update soon but needless to say after having a couple of days off for my mum's birthday and then getting ill, I'm a little behind the pace for Prio. Will probably be playing some of the points boost hours this week so that should help me catch up.

• edited October 2015
    Back and feeling refreshed now. I am no longer in quarantine :)

Played bits of bobs of cash while I was ill just to keep me busy and to keep the points ticking over, was about +£40, then this morning had a much needed session where I ran really well. Most was at 20NL due to lack of good tables running so really happy with a +£170 session. Gets me back on track a bit for the month and rebuilds some confidence cos the last 10 or so sessions have all been big losers, at MTTs, cash and Hypers.

Seems poor being so low on points but had so many off days this month due to various things and still looking comfortable to make Prio imo.

4456 points to go, 10 more days (if I don't count tonight) so 450 points a day, should be easily do-able. And I will be playing tonight so will be a bit less than that ^

============================

I'm free all night again Adam for our HU match
  • edited October 2015
    Just posting this for tallboy as he asked me to
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GSmith13 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1930.00
    vodkate Big blind  20.00 30.00 1920.00
      Your hole cards

TTayseer Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  60.00 90.00 1785.00
    tallboy Call  60.00 150.00 1940.00
    poker69 Fold     
    GSmith13 Call  50.00 200.00 1880.00
    vodkate Fold     
    Flop

• A

GSmith13 Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  120.00 320.00 1665.00
    tallboy Call  120.00 440.00 1820.00
    GSmith13 Fold     
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet  280.00 720.00 1385.00
    tallboy Call  280.00 1000.00 1540.00
    River

• A

Lambert180 All-in  1385.00 2385.00 0.00
    tallboy Fold     
    Lambert180 Muck     
    Lambert180 Win  1000.00  1000.00
    Lambert180 Return  1385.00 0.00 2385.00
  • edited October 2015
    Nice Hand Lambert fair play you got me off AQ very well played.
  • edited October 2015
    Back and feeling refreshed now. I am no longer in quarantine :) Played bits of bobs of cash while I was ill just to keep me busy and to keep the points ticking over, was about +£40, then this morning had a much needed session where I ran really well. Most was at 20NL due to lack of good tables running so really happy with a +£170 session. Gets me back on track a bit for the month and rebuilds some confidence cos the last 10 or so sessions have all been big losers, at MTTs, cash and Hypers. Points: 5544 Seems poor being so low on points but had so many off days this month due to various things and still looking comfortable to make Prio imo. 4456 points to go, 10 more days (if I don't count tonight) so 450 points a day, should be easily do-able. And I will be playing tonight so will be a bit less than that ^ ============================ I'm free all night again Adam for our HU match
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ready if you are mate?
  • edited October 2015
    Sooo close again.

I'm not gonna moan too much cos I did come 2nd but mannn I'd really <3 to finally win a main one day on Sky. I thought it was gonna be my night when we were 3 handed and stacks were 700k (me) v 200k v 200k and blinds were 6k/12k iirc. Then I doubled one shorty up with A9<AT, then doubled the other shorty up with AT<JJ and suddenly I was the shorty.

I got a bit shorter then got lucky with A4>AJ to get myself back in the game. Eventually got HU with a small chip disadvantage, think like 450k v 650k. It was a pretty frustrating HU cos my opponent was vv aggro and constantly used huuge sizings which left little room for play given the stack depths so had to sit tight a bit. In the end I had one more flip to win AK v 66 to take a pretty solid CL but couldn't do it.

Wp to Stack_U who went out 3rd in the main, and was busy winning the mini at the same time. Could have been a vv sick night for him but still not half bad.

Great result all the same. I'm saving my first main win for UKOPS ;)

Funnily enough, JJ had said to me earlier tonight before the main had even started that he had a good feeling I was gonna do well in it tonight. It would have been sick if he'd have said that the same night I happened to win my first ever sky main, but still a good shout nonetheless.

Finally one of JJ's tips came in ;)

Month back nicely in the black now :D

So 4123 points to go or 412 per day for the rest of the month.
  • edited October 2015
    Had a bit of a grizzly cash sesh this morning. Everything was going well on my 20/30/40/50nl tables but I had 1 x 100nl open cos it was a very good table and I just got destroyed on it, just couldn't win a pot all morning. Thankfully the other levels recovered some of the losses so was only a -£170 session.

Lost a bit more of Hypers, running really horrid at them, £70 ish

Lots of near misses in MTTs, I'll just note the close ones...

£5.75bh - 15/229 for £12.50
    £33bh main - 27/315 for £45
    £11bh - 9/234 - £68.67
    MBI - 4/28 - £37.50 and a stone bubble

Which reminds me, it's happened a few times recently and did again tonight. I never really look in the lobby until I'm going deep so didn't look at the MBI lobby until I was 3/10, only to see it had got 28 runners and only 3 were paid :( I ended up being the unlucky one to finish 4th and not even get ITM. 

I'm not having a go at Sky, they can't force people to play, although some encouragement would be nice. 

I think it's a cert for this comp to get totally gg'd if something doesn't change. It got overlay tonight which is good for no-one, if it remains at <30 runners consistently then I'll probably be dropping it from my schedule, only takes a few regs to think similar then there's a dominoe effect and it'll be gone. 

It's no longer the summer so presumably numbers should be on the up but it doesn't seem to be the case in MTTs. I love this comp so hopefully something can be sorted. Does anyone know... have sky removed the £6 sats and the allin sats for this comp now? If so, obv there's one thing that's not helping.

Rant over.

3467 more to go or 385 per day

• edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    Spotted you sat at the Spinup cash tables the other night.

Points accelerator? Light Relief? Or a serious attempt to try some volume there?

Anyway just wondering what your thoughts are on them.
  • edited October 2015
    EDIT

Sorry, posted here thinking it was Dohh's diary
  • edited October 2015
    Spotted you sat at the Spinup cash tables the other night. Points accelerator? Light Relief? Or a serious attempt to try some volume there? Anyway just wondering what your thoughts are on them.
    Posted by Phantom66
    pahahahaha

Suggesting Paul might play a game for any reason other than points accumulation.

Thread needed an injection of comedy <3

• edited October 2015
    Thanks for the sausage JJ.

Matt... thanks...

Phantom, tbh I was just trying to make a few extra points. At the time I was playing my full sky mtt schedule but was low on tables so fancied something to keep me busy but nothing too taxing... 10bb poker fits the bill. I'll never put serious volume in at them because I think even if they aren't unbeatable (which they probably are) it'll be reallly miniscule edges and huge swings. They probably just about become +EV when you're getting 2x, 3x, 4x points... and they're quite fun.

My thoughts on them from playing 2 tables for maybe 90mins/2hr are that they are insanely soft. Some of the play is crazy, I saw one pot which is just total comedy imo. I didn't pay attention to the hands etc but all players were 10bb effective, it went 4way pre, there was a bet and 3 calls on the flop, a bet and 3 calls on the turn and still by this point no-one was allin! :D

=====================

Played a session this morning and I'm still baffled by the final result. I'll need to go look through my HH because it felt like a great session, was winning stacks right, left and centre, the two 50nl tables I had open I had 200bb and 300bb, I don't recall losing that many stacks through the session and somehow I finished like +£4.50. Honestly baffled, must be some HHs worth posting from that.

On the positives, a solid 450 poinst under the belt for that session so got 7k points now, prob 7250 by the end of my MTTs tonight, things are looking a lot more comfortable for Prio now.
  • edited October 2015
    Solid night on MTTs, lots of near misses again but got a bit further than I did last night.

Got 3rd in the MBI for £240 but felt a bit meh cos I was 1/4, I also FT bubbled the 9pm 55bh for £125. Few other cashes and I was about +£190 for the night

2740 points to go, so 342 points per day.

• edited October 2015
    Been a rough few days on the MTTs, getting lots of stacks going as per but getting some pretty ugly beats at the crucial points. Had a pretty nasty one for a 45k stack fairly early in the Roller yest, that one hurt.

Tonight was vv barren and was left 1tabling the MBI by about 11pm to save the night. All was going well , made the FT about middle of the pack iirc, but lost a flip 1st hand of the FT v someone who had me covered. Would have been nice to save the session but the £120 at least made it a bit less ugly.

Hypers been going a bit better the last few days, about +£65 since I last updated.

Should be plain sailing for Prio now, only 360 points per day. Gonna take 1 day off at some point in the rest of October, only had 4-5 so far this month. So if I play 4 of the remaining days I need 452 per day, should be easy enough.
  • edited October 2015
    MTTs have continued to be pretty w@nk, just can't make the top spots at all. Bricked all of yesterday, tonight I had a great shot when I was 1/8 in the 9pm £55bh, then I just decided to run terribly, lose about a million flips and bust in 6th :( 

Had +£50 and +£135 cash sessions since last update, so finally got the cash losses for the month out of the 4 figures :D

Won another £36 at hypers so chipping away at those losses too.

Will finish Prio off tomorrow which is handy cos I'll be going to Liverpool on Saturday so won't be able to grind much at my mum's.

Will put all the final figures up for each format at the end of the month but it's been a pretty poor month overall.

Interesting hand from tonight. Was torn about flatting or raising flop, think both are probably fine/very little EV difference either way I'd imagine. Turn though, villain is repping pretty much nothing. It's conceivable he flats some vv strong hands on the flop so can still the nuts, but when the aggressor checks the turn I can't see him ever not betting T9/99/TT/44 or OPs, so when he c/r I just can't see wtf he can have.

Discussed it with a few different people, some think he's massively strong, some think he's FOS so some say play it as I did, some say he can just never have a strong hand so we can potentially just jam turn.

Don't know the villain really, is on a fair few tables so assume he's a reg but doesn't seem very good.

Thoughts?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Babyface29 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £113.16
    DickLarge Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £207.28
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

GARYDD Fold     
    Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £96.70
    Ludacris Fold     
    Lambert180 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £182.32
    Babyface29 Call  £1.25 £5.00 £111.91
    DickLarge Fold     
    Flop

Babyface29 Bet  £2.50 £7.50 £109.41
    Call  £2.50 £10.00 £94.20
    Lambert180 Call  £2.50 £12.50 £179.82
    Turn

Babyface29 Check     
    Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £7.00 £19.50 £172.82
    Babyface29 Fold     
    Raise  £26.00 £45.50 £68.20
    Lambert180 Call  £19.00 £64.50 £153.82
    River

Bet  £43.50 £108.00 £24.70
    Lambert180 Fold     
    Muck     
    Win  £62.70  £87.40
    Return  £43.50 £1.80 £130.90
  • edited November 2015
    Well October was a bit of a fail all round.

Was gonna finish off Prio on Friday morning at cash but woke up late and feeling really ill so that was gg. Pingu told me it was double points on SnGs tho and I only had a few hundred points to go so thought I'd just finish it off at HU SnGs. Obviously things never go to plan though and I did make prio but ran awful in the process. Lost £130 in that mini session of HU SnGs which ruined the solid come back I was making at them, so final results were...

Cash: -£923.36
    HU SnGs: -£332.90
    MTTs: +£1371.15
    RB: £184.34 in weekly payments + £125 ish to come for monthly.

So all told about +£425... I've had worse in the last 2-3 years of playing fulltime obv, I've had many a losing month, but this is still a very poor month, especially given the increased volume.

On the positives, I've locked up the manager of the month win for Oct already in the fantasy footy I do with a few mates from Sky, even with games still to play today and tomorrow. I also had a bet with TheDon_90 at the start of the season with me betting against the fact Rangers could go the full season unbeaten, a nice 2-1 defeat at Hibs has just won me that bet :D:D:D

=======================================

Glad that month is over anyway. I'll still be increasing volume compared to what has been 'normal', by playing some cash sessions in the mornings but nothing like what i've done this month where I've barely had a day off, so won't be making any more attempts for Prio I don't think, at least not while I'm playing MTTs at night which I will be for the forseeable.

Had yesterday off and back today for Day 1 of UKOPS, been really excited about UKOPS, most likely outcomes for November with UKOPS being on are a BIG loss or a BIG win so hoping for the latter.

Gl everyone playing UKOPS.
  • edited November 2015
    Good luck for November and in UKOPS!!