You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary of an MTT player becoming a cash player :o

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Very nice, well played.

You've certainly hit the ground running with this diary, reading about about a heater is much more fun than reading about a downswing!
  • edited July 2012

Another day off work today, seem to hage some sort of bug :( really not well. Jowever I don't think I can use it for an excuse of my earlier act of stupidity. I couldn't find my phone anywhere and it had no battery left so couldn't ring it, so I pondered around my humble abode retracing my steps. No luck, where on earth had I left it, I had it an hour ago as it ran out of battery whilst I was reading "The mental game of poker" on i books. I gave up and went to make a coffee, however the milk was on the side??? Why would I leave it out the fridge? It's unlike me, I am one who tends to want everything in it's place. Anyway I make myself a Tea as changed my mind on the coffee front and then go to put the milk in the fridge. Then sitting in the milk tray in the side of the fridge door is my phone, what a plum! How can you get them too mixed up.

I fell asleep in a few sats yesterday due to this so hopefully not today. Not in the main event tonight so will just play a few today and then a couple of late ones.
    See you at the tables!!

And good luck to the lads in vegas, my money is on TONNYD and WAYNE but hope they all do well!!!

Gl

Kalie

• edited July 2012
    lol NICE WORK !!!!

might as well change the thread title to : my quest to win the jackpot pff sick result keep it up
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player:
    Hi everyone, time for another entry to the diary. Unfortunately it was my last bounty of this tournament as(1) I consistantly donked off chips to another limp caller. (I get tilted by them and I never believe a limp caller can have a hand) In fairness this player limped every hand so I had no idea what he had ever. One min he had 7 4 o/s then he has AQ suited and flopped a flush but check called all streets as I am too predictable.  Then finally the biggy! I don't usually buy straight in to these events but with alot of players in vegas, I felt the field may be a bit weaker giving better value. I was probably right in my thinking but there where still some very good players floating around. (2) I am not 100% how many runners it had but it made its guarantee. ` I am 3rd in chips out of 16 but not far off the leader. (Top 5 paid)  I grind my way to yet another final table!!!(3)  Mr Solack I owe you an apology for rivering a set of tens v your queens. 
    Kalie x BR £1,108.75 PROFIT £658.75
    Posted by Batkin88
    Hi Kalie,
    Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Tho NOT too poorly obvs! I hope ya boss don't play on Skypoker ;-)
    1. I find this interesting, some people call it limping, some call it being sneaky! It does tilt tho!  Other night a player was not happy that I slow-played QQ otb when they were in the bb short-stacked & had been stealing!!
    2. 42 - Only Douglas Adams really knows why tho!
    3. It happens, saw an aipf wit 1010 v KK v AA where the 10's rivered and took two heads!! I'm sure Solly was gracious?
    Anyhoo, hope your feeling better soon & rungood continues.
    pad
  • edited July 2012
    Hi everyone, time for another entry to the diary. I ran pretty awful throughout the day, and gave up trying to sat into the main events, and decided to just buy in to them. I think I sat into the £33 one though, I just can't fully remember. Anyway I played the DTD the main and the mini, and the £4k BH for a £110 buy in.The deepstacks started pretty bad, I couldn't figure out the player UTG when I was on the button, he limped everyhand which ruined my game as he also called any raise lol. I ran deep in one, the 7:45 one but then DRUMAHAI destroyed my aces with QJ in a hand which would probably make the other chip leader, but looking over the hand history, I played it pretty bad. I managed to donk off all my chips to GREGHOGG in the take on tikay as he slowplayed a full house, which funnily enough I was trying to rep. The main event then started and I started quick, immediatly doubled up with KK v AQ all in pre he missed, I got my first bounty. Unfortunately it was my last bounty of this tournament as I consistantly donked off chips to another limp caller. (I get tilted by them and I never believe a limp caller can have a hand) In fairness this player limped every hand so I had no idea what he had ever. One min he had 7 4 o/s then he has AQ suited and flopped a flush but check called all streets as I am too predictable. I ran well in the mini, I don't know where I finished but I got my buy in back via bounties which was nice. (I didn't cash, exit hand was KQ V JT all in pre) Then finally the biggy! I don't usually buy straight in to these events but with alot of players in vegas, I felt the field may be a bit weaker giving better value. I was probably right in my thinking but there where still some very good players floating around. I am not 100% how many runners it had but it made its guarantee. It all started pretty well tbh, I won the very first hand which is always nice! I had JT suited 3 way and flop comes 4 9 T and a player is calling me down with J9. I also had a micro tournament reg at my table, who I thought had left as haven't seen them in ages. (Crazykaron) a serial min casher! (Which in the long run is perfect with a few big ones thrown in). Anyway a hand got dealt and I had AA utg, I raise to 150 out of 5.6k, crazy karon flats in UTG+1 out of a 3k stack, then the cut off shoves for 2.9K I am loving life at the moment, bearing in mind it's £50 a head! I decide to flat as crazykaron has to be folding here. After a moment in the tank she reshoves (Didn't really like this) hands go over AA (me) QQ (c/o) A2 hearts (Miss Karon). I am now loving this, flop comes spade spade blank then the ace of spades and another spade. ERM I am quickly looking around for a apade in one of there hands but somehow my aces hold!! Up to 11.5 k and chip leader! At the third break I am 3rd in chips out of 16 but not far off the leader. (Top 5 paid)  I grind my way to yet another final table!!! However I did get very lucky and unlucky prior! Mr Solack I owe you an apology for rivering a set of tens v your queens. But just before FT I lost a massive flip with AK v TT, meaning I was going onto the FT as short stack with only 5 paid. The table went on for ever, I thought I played a hand really well but again got slated in the chat box for it, but oh well! I burst the bubble getting it in bad with AJ v AK and hitting my jack. (The player moaning in chatbox was this one so didn't feel that bad, a teeny tiny bit, but not that bad) I then Went on to the last 4 and somehow the massive chipleader found himself in a pot 3 way all in with me sitting on the edge hoping chip leader wins and I ladder to 2nd. This happened his AK held against AQ and T9 meaning I was going HU. His stack 120k mine 32k hmmmm. I absolutely battered him HU I was beating him like a pinata. Until I decided to trap him. (stacks 90k 60k ish) I limped with QQ to shove any low flop as he was calling light and flop came 7 8 J! Yes!!! I shove he snaps and turns over 9 T oh dear!! Insult to injury I rivered a queen. Oh well another Chunk to the BR. Sorry for rattling on so much, hope you enjoyed yet another runner up! 3 days 4 final tables (excluding dyms :) and sats) 3 2nd places and one win! I am happy with this. Good luck at the felt Kalie x BR £1,108.75 PROFIT £658.75
    Posted by Batkin88
    I guess you are not sticking to a strict bankroll management plan then :)
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for the replies!!

DP it is kind of strict but only when i drops below £400 as now on over £1k I will become more strict if drop below £900. Taking a punt I call it :)

Kalie
  • edited July 2012

Just experienced short stacked cash poker!!! Never sen it on here before, it is brilliant for me tbh as quite happy sitting with 20 bb's.
    At nl50 blinds 50p/ £1 max buy in a fiver, I left with £43 very nice, thats another ME paid for.

Kalie

• edited July 2012
    Just experienced short stacked cash poker!!! Never sen it on here before, it is brilliant for me tbh as quite happy sitting with 20 bb's. At nl50 blinds 50p/ £1 max buy in a fiver, I left with £43 very nice, thats another ME paid for. Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    What was your strategy vs normal cash games?

Looks like it worked!
  • edited July 2012
    Wow Kalie, you've got off to a pretty brilliant start. Hope it continues for you.

Have you worked out (even if it's only roughly) how much you have to play to get in Priority just from MTTs? Just seems like it's pretty hard to get massive C4P from just MTTs
  • edited July 2012
    Wow Kalie, you've got off to a pretty brilliant start. Hope it continues for you. Have you worked out (even if it's only roughly) how much you have to play to get in Priority just from MTTs? Just seems like it's pretty hard to get massive C4P from just MTTs
    Posted by Lambert180
    No not as of yet tbh, I have earnt a 1000 in the last few days though although I don't know where they have all came from. They should put how many points you earn in the lobbies. £1 rake = 10 points I think you said but I don't really know. :(
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : What was your strategy vs normal cash games? Looks like it worked!
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Player selection is a massive advantage as this is where you want limpers. No raising just shove or fold once you are ahead they are always short stack. Also take all the free flop limpers give you unless ultra strong then shove. I do have one more secret but as you can guess.... It's a secret.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : No not as of yet tbh, I have earnt a 1000 in the last few days though although I don't know where they have all came from. They should put how many points you earn in the lobbies. £1 rake = 10 points I think you said but I don't really know. :(
    Posted by Batkin88
    For STTs and MTTs it's 10 poker points for every £1 of rake.

So the 12k BH is £30 + £3.... so you've paid £3 rake and getr 30 points.

So you'll have got 100 points for that big BH you came 2nd in if it was £100 + £10.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : For STTs and MTTs it's 10 poker points for every £1 of rake. So the 12k BH is £30 + £3.... so you've paid £3 rake and getr 30 points. So you'll have got 100 points for that big BH you came 2nd in if it was £100 + £10.
    Posted by Lambert180

@K - I've just worked out that 5 x sickies per month oughta do it! ;-))

• edited July 2012
    Now roll is decent I will prob mix it up with omaha now as pretty confident with my cash game there. (Only for c4p's)
  • edited July 2012
    Will you still be stalking my cash games then battykins??
  • edited July 2012
    Will you still be stalking my cash games then battykins??
    Posted by donkeyplop[/QUO

Would you turn down free money? ;)
  • edited July 2012
    Not a very good day today :( a few min cashes and a decent table at omaha left me slightly up.

BR £1,119.92

Profit £669.90

Off to find DP at the cash tables now!!
  • edited July 2012
    Hi everyone, Just a quick update to how things are currently going!!!

I am no longer going to post my BR on the diary as I don't feel it rellevant but will keep this diary going as will still play as many MTT's as possible, in my quest to be the greatest!!!

I have been playing omaha on here today, as absolutely love the game! But hardly anyone plays, and the ones that do sit down with £3 on a nl20 table and attempt a hit and run!

I have come to the conclusion it is not possible to become a priorty memeber without playing cash, so I will have to start playing it!

I would like some advice though (I will also post in the clinic)

Where shall I start, what type of BR management should I use e.g 20 buy in rule? or the 22 buy in where you earn 2 buyins and take a punt above and hope to not look back!

I will have a seperate BR for this of £400, which I will keep updated in my diary!

Kalie x
  • edited July 2012
    Not a very good day today :( a few min cashes and a decent table at omaha left me slightly up. BR £1,119.92 Profit £669.90 Off to find DP at the cash tables now!!
    Posted by Batkin88
    Lol I gave up at about 1am when all of my tables froze!!
  • edited July 2012
    Hey all, another update for the diary. I didn't really play much cash tbh as I don't like it as much as MTT's.
    I grinded out a profit of £22 lol, in about half an hour (So not sure if thats a grind) but started spewing so left. Played a bit of omaha and tripled my £20 buy in a few times throughout the day, but not really any long sessions. (I don't think I am cut out for it)

I played the ME and the mini and a few of the timed ones!

The times ones a ran like a 3 legged dog with no eyes and still in a cage. That ends that story!

The main I started very well, doubled up early on, with 555 77 against a bluffer with an overplayed AK. Then I hit top pair on a A 7 2 rainbow board (I had AJ ) all goes in on the turn which is a 2 and he flips over 7 2 lol. Back to starting stack with blinds at 50/100 so 40 bigs.
    The mini I smashed from the start, was up to around 35k in an hour, and was one of the front runners! I go it in pretty bad if I remember rightly, I think it was AK V TT on a king high board but I did have a gut shot. (Something along them lines) It was way too overplayed! It was also against a big stack so this basically finished it off, I had to shove 8 5 suited I think after and went out.

In main event I just didn't get back up and running, and was down to exactly 593.91 chips with blinds at 75/150 or 100/200. But I proceeded to double up three times in an orbit and was up to around 3.7k ish. From there it went well, I was getting it well and stayed just below average chip stack. Until about 45 left I got it in with JJ and he flipped kings ergh. Down to 17k and shortstacking near the bubble. I got the double up I needed and bullied the two in the blinds as the bubble proceeded, as my table basically stopped betting I just picked up there chips for them :) (I really have no idea why so many people tighten up on the bubble, when everywhere you go people say "I always loosen up on the bubble to steal the blinds" where are these people I ask)

Grinded down to the last 18 I was 11th and got it in extremely bad with 55 v kk again I think it may of been jacks but it doesn't matter!! But I rivered the 5 (Sorry Oban!!! He said he wanted a mention in the diary as an apology for the beat) Oban went onto the FT I think he was 4th or 5th.
    I then won a few hands and was 1st with 11 left. Could I get another final table??? The tv was quickly switched off and I sat in a room on my own with no distractions. I think I played really well up until the last 7. The other tables just wasn't betting apart from some lunatic smashing the table to pieces. But the FT bubble didn't burst for abou an hour, it was painful. I then got it in really good on a A23 all spade flop with 45 of hearts, he calls and flips over KK one spade, then the river comes a jack of spades. But at the same time on the other table, dubmaster got his AQ crushed by AA and shortly after busted.

I joined the final table as 3rd place with around 230k, the two ahead where on 300k and 400k and one more around my amount, and the others with about 30k which was 3 bb's.

Grinded my way to the last three, kept busy, stole blinds 3 bet light and 4 bet shoved T 2 suited in one hand and got it through :)

Final three went super quick, shorty shoved on my BB 200k into my 580k with I had A7 and called he turned over 2 3!! I then procceded and flopped a full house, then heads up I changed my usual strategy, I was going to play tight!!! (Lol me playing tight) It didn't matter though as got dealt KK 3rd hand he 4 bet shoved with A7 and I held.

4TH final table since the start of this thread! Two 2nds both in ME's and two 1st's one in ME and other in a £500gtd.
    Another £1550 to the roll, bringing this week to about £3800 profit in MTT's alone. Omaha is about £150 profit and cash is about a loss of £200!!

Hope you enjoy the read

Gl at the tables

Kalie
  • edited July 2012
    ! Two 2nds both in ME's and two 1st's one in ME and other in a £500gtd. Another £1550 to the roll, bringing this week to about £3800 profit in MTT's alone.
    Posted by Batkin88
    fml =) wel played
  • edited July 2012
    well done taking the main down last nite batkin and least i got knocked out by the winner lol
  • edited July 2012
    congratulations on your win yesterday Kalie.
    wow,what a lovely week you have had....
    i,m so gel.
    no not really.   lol
    very happy for you,keep up the good work!!!
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2012

Another amazing result, very well played!

• edited July 2012
    Running deep in a micro million, watch this space!!!

:)
  • edited July 2012
    Very nice work!!
  • edited July 2012

That looks a teeny weeny bit bigger than a Micro Millions to me.

Good Luck!!! :D
  • edited July 2012
    name in micro batkin?
  • edited July 2012
    "dwerrrr"

But I am out lol. I have cashed in a big one but very shortstacked now, so shove time!!
  • edited July 2012
    hidden from search or out ?