You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary of an MTT player becoming a cash player :o

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Cheers for the shout out Kalie.

I'll be in the main and mini tonight too, gl!
  • edited July 2013
    Not a bad evening at the tables, I managed to get 1 final table but only lasted 1 hand on it! That was the mini ME so not a bad return just a shame I probably could of laddered but have no patience for laddering.

Got completely owned in a hand in a £11 BH at midnight flop came 8 4 3 rainbow I hold QJ it goes check check next card a T I bet he calls last card a 7 I bet big he hero calls ace high "sigh"

Not really happy with my standard of play tonight, so a lot to work on but nice little boost to BR to allow a higher volume of sats for tomoz!

Hope you all had a nice evening, it is a bit cooler so should get some sleep tonight!!

Kalie
  • edited July 2013
    Hi all hope all is well on another hot day! I have started building my MTT roll up now which is nice but still a long long way to go!

I checked out my scheduled events stats earlier for the 1st time in ages they are as follows:-

1167 tournies played

average stake £7.92

average profit £7.35

ROI 105%

Extremely happy with this but on a bad run so it should improve further!

Hope to see a few of you at the felt today!

Kalie
  • edited July 2013
    Had a good night in MTT's 2 more half decent cashes

I played the £300 rebuy with a £3 buy in, I spent £12 as had an early spew but it paid off in the long run as I stacked up and ran the tournament and each table I was on. Even on the FT I was crushing but then we went heads up, no word of a lie it went on for just over an hour! The blinds where huge at the end but it just wouldn't finished. We got it in 7 times before the last hand and all 7 times the player behind won the hand, tbh this worked out ok for me when I got it in with A3 against KK pre and binked an ace on the river. To be honest though heads up we where evenly matched and both had chances to win but I got it in behind and lost the final hand so fairs fair! But 2nd place is not to be frowned at so I was happy with it, and I am happy with my play throughout.

I then played this 1k double chance which is an excellent tournament and my 1st time playing

I was always under average stack but just waited for opportunities to steal as I wasn't getting the cards to see flops. Luckily I had a little heater when only 2 tables left and got up to an average stack. The other table had scotty77 running the show so my table must of all been aware of this as they slowed down and become extremely passive. I took huge advantage of this and stole so many blinds I doubled my self up ready for the FT.

FT I was 4th in chips but tbh there was a massive chipleader then just 5 around the same figure so I wasn't worried. I chipped up against Scotty with KT in a hand which just played itself out. Flop came QJ rag he bet I shove and turn the straight. This put me up there with the chippy and when it went 3 way we all had similar stacks.

I was extremely lucky to get one of them triple barrel bluffing when I was holding near enough the nuts. So I went in HU again but this time I had more chips.

I really wanted to win this HU so the TV went off and I managed to dominate and got it in with AQ v KT on an ace high board to take it down!

So a good night for cashes but most importantly I got my 1st win back on SKY, which felt like it was never going to come as I had reached 3 FT's I needed this!
  • edited July 2013
    This is a pretty sick spin up from £50 in only like a week!!

Well played.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah really impressive!

Outstanding, keep it  up you have a challenge to win lol
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player:
    This is a pretty sick spin up from £50 in only like a week!! Well played.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah up to £397.33 so all good, however I want a Main event takedown now. Probably going to play the roller that would be nice.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi guys for those that are interested I am going start back up again on SKY I went through a period of playing on different sites again but always end up back on here! I haven't had the greatest of times at the tables on different sites so hoping to come back home and start playing well again. I have decided to set myself a challenge like others on here and deposit a small amount and grind small MTT'S and sats. Reason being as I had a few big wins and lost all BR management and bought into everything and anything which caused me to become very bored of the game and completely lose my respect for money. I haven't decided how much I will deposit yet but likely be around the £50 mark and will take it from there! If anyone is interested in doing this with me or is doing something similar already let me know Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    As a fairly new player your diary is a great read , I'm still playing in the low stakes deep stacks but would like to get into a few more mtts.

What are the best mtts to get the bank roll moving the right way?  
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Limmy,

Deepstacks are going to give you more value for money. If you are serious about building a roll I would recommend trying to sat into ME's but not buying in directly. (unless your BR allows this)

Stay well clear of bounty hunters unless you can get into the ones with a buy in of +£11 it just isn't going to help you improve your game. (Playe these once you have built a roll and just want a laugh but happy to get stacked by suited connectors calling you down to hit miracles) 

DYM's are boring so I wouldn't recommend them they also ruin your MTT game as you will become lose your self at late levels in MTT's.

So predominantly I would say sats and £5.50 with guarantees of £100+ are good value and give you a good chance.  I play best in rebuys but if you wish to play these set out a plan yourself to only allow 1 rebuy 1 add on nothing more. Basically don't play it as a rebuy. (Odd I know) Also rebuy immediately to start with 200 bigs.

Hope this helps, chuck some hands on here or other questions in the future I need some MTT players to discuss hands with on a regular basis
  • edited July 2013

I haven't played at all today but spent most of the day watching poker vids on MTT strategy and also getting my head around M ratio which I personally think is excellent.

For those who are serious about improving your MTT game look up M ratio it will help you a lot in late stages of tournaments.

I received some abuse in the poker chat forum as well which was fun as per usual. But luckily I couldn't care less as I am running well and enjoying life in general at the moment.

Looking at buying my 2nd house in January next year, there are these new 5% mortgages which I would love to take advantage of because I doubt the banks will keep it up for to long. I would love to eventually retire early and just let out properties but this is a long way away, I am a quarter of a century old (I know horrible isn't it) so I realise this may take some years to achieve. I would like to announce as well that one of the main reasons
    The real reason I have not been playing poker for the last 3 months is because I have just had my 1st beautiful baby girl miss Amelia-May. So it was extremely difficult to sit still and try and play a 4/6 hour MTT with someone kicking me from the inside out. Hence saying "I am enjoying life!"

It is extremely weird though I have gone from juggling 3 jobs and working a lot of hours a week to being a full time mum and working every hour of the week! No to be honest she is good as gold and believe it or not she already sleeps for 9 hours at night!! I know what is that all about?

Back to the felt I have taken down my 1st tournament since coming back and it was a decent field as well so I am very happy! I have also final tabled 3 more but loads to work on. I have got 32 hours of MTT poker strategy to get through from various formats (you tube, dvd's and live coaching) so I am going to be a busy girl over the next few months. My partner who also plays has now told me that I can no longer withdraw/deposit from the until I sort out my bankroll management lol it is shocking tbh. I have just purchased an app on my phone to help hopefully, cost me 79p though but don't worry that's not coming out the BR!

I may be able to get late entry to the BH later but may just miss it as I am off down the gym to lose my baby weight. Hopefully I get in and see you all there good luck all!

Kalie

P.S don't worry the baby is well looked after I feed her in the MTT breaks! Unless I am multi tabling sats which have no breaks, then she goes without.

• edited July 2013
    Anyone sat into the roller yet for a minuscule amount?
  • edited July 2013
    almost

Sky Roller Frenzy

DivsDreams2790001£20k Super Roller
    GELDY02£94.60

but as i'm going to be at the SPT i wouldn't be playing it anyway
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats on the baby.
  • edited July 2013
    Congrats on the baby.
    Posted by splashies
    Thanks!
  • edited July 2013
    Another fun filled day! I ran terrible today, I don't know what was wrong with me but I just couldn't find spots either late on in tournaments.

I did strike lucky and sat into the roller which is excellent! Done it in a all in sat couldn't believe it!

I only reached one final table today but only played 5 tournaments so not too bad. I played a few timed ones on top but I don't count them as MTT's they are just a laugh and incredibly easy money at the moment.

I played the big BH for £55 today, I lasted all of about 3 hands!! Got it extremely good with AK v AJ pre flop and that cheeky jack came flying out on the flop and sat there mocking me until the river. Can't complain though I have won my fair share of these late on in tourneys recently. (I actually haven't but by saying this I am hoping the poker gods will allow a few for good sportsmanship)

I played the 9 O'clock rebuy and managed to cash but fell short of the FT by some way finishing 11th! AT v QQ standard. It was arguably the most boring tournament I have ever played as I just had no cards throughout. I didn't set up once, I didn't get a straight. I don't think I flushed at any point, I had 3 premiums all tournament AK x2 AND JJ I did have AQ suited a few times but twice folded pre flop with this.

I posted a hand holding AK in the clinic if you get time please comment on it!

Finally shout out to Larson for achieving the inevitable and taking down a tournament! Nice one and hopefully it will continue!

My BR hasn't gone up or down but I have finished the day with a roller seat so not too shabby!

Kalie
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Limmy, Deepstacks are going to give you more value for money. If you are serious about building a roll I would recommend trying to sat into ME's but not buying in directly. (unless your BR allows this) Stay well clear of bounty hunters unless you can get into the ones with a buy in of +£11 it just isn't going to help you improve your game. (Playe these once you have built a roll and just want a laugh but happy to get stacked by suited connectors calling you down to hit miracles)  DYM's are boring so I wouldn't recommend them they also ruin your MTT game as you will become lose your self at late levels in MTT's. So predominantly I would say sats and £5.50 with guarantees of £100+ are good value and give you a good chance.  I play best in rebuys but if you wish to play these set out a plan yourself to only allow 1 rebuy 1 add on nothing more. Basically don't play it as a rebuy. (Odd I know) Also rebuy immediately to start with 200 bigs. Hope this helps, chuck some hands on here or other questions in the future I need some MTT players to discuss hands with on a regular basis
    Posted by Batkin88

good advice, sky should have waaay for £5-10 just normal freezeouts/smaller rebuy tournaments with modest guarantees

also congrats on the baby, ive just had my 2nd #doingitforthekids

best of luck

p.s you should really try and transition to cash ;-) once ur rolls up allocate 10BI's to NL30 or something n give it a shot

[x] subscribed

• edited July 2013
    Hi sikas I done exactly that on another site I was doing ok but very slow. My aim is to get to around 1k and then I will de look into going into cash properly. I do sway off to cash sometimes but only for fun not for serious BR building. (In the future I will move over)

Congrats on yours to!
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Kalie 

Was pretty sick that kk vs my 99 hand last night in the roller. I was on skype at the time and was ffsgsuddu in chat. Still managed to regain my composure and manage a short stack for 2 hours and just miss out on the cash. Mehhh it only cost £5.20 and i won 2 other sats to cash around 50 quid, so it was pretty much a freeroll till I got carried away with all in sats! 

As for your property purchase, I would be very careful with a 5% deposit, if its the help to buy scheme the government has said that this is not for second property purchase. In anycase, 5% for buy to let is nowhere near a safe amount with the way prices are going, I can see another bubble building and it will all end in tears. The market didnt collapse after the credit crunch and there is no doubt government policy is artificially inflating property prices that are already high (especially in london). 
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Kalie  Was pretty sick that kk vs my 99 hand last night in the roller. I was on skype at the time and was ffsgsuddu in chat. Still managed to regain my composure and manage a short stack for 2 hours and just miss out on the cash. Mehhh it only cost £5.20 and i won 2 other sats to cash around 50 quid, so it was pretty much a freeroll till I got carried away with all in sats!  As for your property purchase, I would be very careful with a 5% deposit, if its the help to buy scheme the government has said that this is not for second property purchase. In anycase, 5% for buy to let is nowhere near a safe amount with the way prices are going, I can see another bubble building and it will all end in tears. The market didnt collapse after the credit crunch and there is no doubt government policy is artificially inflating property prices that are already high (especially in london). 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Yes I found out I cannot use the scheme due to it not being my first property. So re-evaluating options at the moment!

Yes that hand was a massive cold deck. I prob could of folded the flop but only if I am on my top top game.
  • edited August 2013
    Just a quick update as I haven't updated for a while!

I have played probably around 20/25 MTT's over the last 5 days and haven't had the greatest of times to be honest. Did have some luck on cash but that is by the by and a separate BR as it is only ever for fun.

I fell short on the jackpot today finishing 15th in the mini and 21st in the main, but I will go again!

FT a couple of BH's (small buy ins)

Ran pretty poorly in sats this week as well but it wasn't the cards I was just playing poorly. I seem to have refreshed a bit now and am getting some small results coming through.

I must say, these forum comps are excellent the guys who run them and the effort they put in for others to have a laugh is excellent so massive thanks to all those involved in the DTD and the Orford challenge!

I managed to get a cash in the Orfie tonight which was fun and a decent standard of play throughout which definitely helped me get on top of my game a bit. Well done to bugs for TID well played and deserved!

Hope everyone is well gl at the tables

Kalie
  • edited August 2013
    Just a quick update as I haven't updated for a while! I have played probably around 20/25 MTT's over the last 5 days and haven't had the greatest of times to be honest. Did have some luck on cash but that is by the by and a separate BR as it is only ever for fun. I fell short on the jackpot today finishing 15th in the mini and 21st in the main, but I will go again! FT a couple of BH's (small buy ins) Ran pretty poorly in sats this week as well but it wasn't the cards I was just playing poorly. I seem to have refreshed a bit now and am getting some small results coming through. I must say, these forum comps are excellent the guys who run them and the effort they put in for others to have a laugh is excellent so massive thanks to all those involved in the DTD and the Orford challenge! I managed to get a cash in the Orfie tonight which was fun and a decent standard of play throughout which definitely helped me get on top of my game a bit. Well done to bugs for TID well played and deserved! Hope everyone is well gl at the tables Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    wp Kalie.......mtt machine :)
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers!

Going to play atleast 30 MTT's today so wish me luck I will post results later

EDIT: Also quick update to the BR challenge I set myself, I deposited £50 for tournaments only. I now am on £533.26 I am also up on cash but am not including this as this is an MTT thread. However watch this space I may move over to cash in the not so distant future!
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers! Going to play atleast 30 MTT's today so wish me luck I will post results later EDIT: Also quick update to the BR challenge I set myself, I deposited £50 for tournaments only. I now am on £533.26 I am also up on cash but am not including this as this is an MTT thread. However watch this space I may move over to cash in the not so distant future!
    Posted by Batkin88
    You might wanna keep your distance from me at 4nl. Just saying.
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers! Going to play atleast 30 MTT's today so wish me luck I will post results later EDIT: Also quick update to the BR challenge I set myself, I deposited £50 for tournaments only. I now am on £533.26 I am also up on cash but am not including this as this is an MTT thread. However watch this space I may move over to cash in the not so distant future!
    Posted by Batkin88
    Great work! Keep it up, gl today
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : You might wanna keep your distance from me at 4nl. Just saying.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol yes definitely the rag tens will prevail eventually!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : Great work! Keep it up, gl today
    Posted by MattBates
    Thanks I will try
  • edited August 2013
    Had a few looks at this diary and seems like your really doing well in MTTs, hope it continues wp.
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by Batkin88
    That is some going! If you ever wish to share your mtt strat then my inbox is always open haha

Keep it up and gl
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player : That is some going! If you ever wish to share your mtt strat then my inbox is always open haha Keep it up and gl
    Posted by waller02
    +1 yeah let me know your secrets aswell lol
  • edited August 2013
    I don't think I play that different to so many other players on here I just have an average game but across the early middle and late levels so it is consistent. I spent years working on my game and will happily give anyone advice if asked for it.

If you have any specific questions then just ask on here or PM, send me some hands if you want I will happily look at them. But I have my own weaknesses so I will only give advice on what I feel I know enough about.