You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary of an MTT player becoming a cash player :o

12345679»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player becoming a cash player :o:
    In Response to Re: Diary of an MTT player becoming a cash player :o : Regarding the clinic, its the terrible quality of the posts that probably led to tonnes of great contributors not posting anymore. Threads that have just a hand history, or include very minimal explanation. Threads that are bad beats or very trivial spots. Advice given just being ignored/trolled/called out for being terrible without a real counter argument. Really think moving it to the bottom will be the end of it. Anyway, congrats on the progress but I'm sure you're wise enough to realise you've experienced a pretty unsustainable heater at the start. Think moving to cash isn't the best choice to do considering how well you appear to play at MTTs, but if thats want you want to play then good luck!
    Posted by NColley
    This kind of post frustrates me so much.
    Have you ever considered some of the other possibilities as to why people don't post in the clinic NColley?

Sky is a site that encourages players who are new to the game. They may well want to post in the clinic and get help with their game. However, when people such as yourself ridicule them, then they are hardly likely to continue. What is trivial to you, may well be very confusing to someone else.
    Yes, some are just bad beats and people venting. Generally these get moved to the correct place quickly enough.
    I've seen critical posts from  you before in there. Just a quick look through tonight and I see
    "Rofl what a nonsense post" now I'm pretty sure Rancid is not someone who is going to be too bothered by that. It could however put others off posting their thoughts for sure.

Sorry for derail Batkin
  • edited August 2013
    Im only winding ya up dnttelmum ya are a very gd player just bit of banter i dnt really play on ya tables much coz i feel theres no edge so i play elsewhere we had are fair share of hands played mind 
  • edited August 2013
    Lol no worries JAC!

Just a quick brag I was on a different site last night and FT a hyper $51 for just over $1k to be honest I was only mucking around early on but ran well and cracked on with it. I didn't get it in bad once which is cool as it was a hyper and these things you need run good and your hands to hold.

I then searched for a few players on cash tables who I usually play against and I found someone who is a reg at nl$50 playing at nl600!! He must of been on super tilt as he isn't a winning player so I went to the table he was at. It turns out he also ran well in a few tournaments and cashed nearly 2k that night so took a punt at nl600 lol. He had auto top up on and was such good value I had to sit down with him when possible so I took a punt at a level which isn't really in my BR but I just couldn't help myself.

Well 1st hand I sat down got dealt QQ he 3 bet me pre I 4 bet he shoved I called he had JJ I held and doubled my money. (Perfect start, surely things can only go better)

No it doesn't I then spewed off $400 to the better players at the table but left $200 up so pretty happy.

I need 3k more C4p's on here for priority I get about 500 a night so hoping to do this by the end of the week.

Kalie xx
  • edited August 2013
    Lol no worries JAC! Just a quick brag I was on a different site last night and FT a hyper $51 for just over $1k to be honest I was only mucking around early on but ran well and cracked on with it. I didn't get it in bad once which is cool as it was a hyper and these things you need run good and your hands to hold. I then searched for a few players on cash tables who I usually play against and I found someone who is a reg at nl$50 playing at nl600!! He must of been on super tilt as he isn't a winning player so I went to the table he was at. It turns out he also ran well in a few tournaments and cashed nearly 2k that night so took a punt at nl600 lol. He had auto top up on and was such good value I had to sit down with him when possible so I took a punt at a level which isn't really in my BR but I just couldn't help myself. Well 1st hand I sat down got dealt QQ he 3 bet me pre I 4 bet he shoved I called he had JJ I held and doubled my money. (Perfect start, surely things can only go better) No it doesn't I then spewed off $400 to the better players at the table but left $200 up so pretty happy. I need 3k more C4p's on here for priority I get about 500 a night so hoping to do this by the end of the week. Kalie xx
    Posted by Batkin88
    What are you playing on average to get 500 each night kalie?

What is the cashback for 10k priority.
  • edited August 2013
    play the 5pm rebuy mtt kalie loads of overlay :)
  • edited August 2013
    Cheers I entered and went out lol!

Had a decent night on here, done shoddy in the ME's but played the 5pm and 6pm BH's and won one and 2nd in the other so got nearly £400 for my MTT input.

Only spent an hour on the cash table earlier, in response to above post I play NL20/30/40 for about 3/4 hours to get these points. (Maybe longer I lose track of time) I 6 table at most.

Cash went well and have increased my roll to £1,156,31 and C4p's is just over 7k now!

As I have hit £1,100,00 I am now going to include NL50 in my table selection aswell.

Wish me luck!
  • edited August 2013

Good luck!

Nice results today, and take all the money from 50 nl!

There easy up there;)

• edited August 2013
    What's your alias on stars Kalie?
  • edited August 2013
    Back to the MTT's tonight going to try and get about 6-10 in and hoping for some run good this eve!

Will keep posted gl everyone taking part especially in the ME!

I have a terrible run in the UKOPS and rollers only cashing in a couple an 0 final tables!

I was attempting to sat in but no luck and was running so shocking I had to have a break so have just bought in and will log off now until later!

Kalie
    x
  • edited August 2013
    Where ya gone?

How dya get on in UKOPS?

Still playing cash or back to MTTs?

Stars alias? :)
  • edited September 2013
    hope all is well Kalie
  • edited September 2013
    Hey all, I got bored and went away played last night for the first time in weeks.

Last month missed the priority club by 1k mainly because I didn't play in the last week, I only played 1 UKOPS ME and either min cashed or finished close to the bubble I just remember playing for 3/4 hours for little or no return.

It is extremely annoying that I can't stay motivated to play for longer than a few weeks at a time as especially in MTT's I do well and earn decent money, but I just cannot do it, I get bored I start attempting some of the most ludicrous moves and play anything and everything just to keep me occupied.

I sat on rush NL500 on stars and came across a reg on here for the life of me I cannot remember his name but he FT an SPT a couple back and shares the the same alias on both sites. (Also Lambert I don't fancy being bum hunted on other sites so will keep that a secret ;)....)

Just remembered the player runitsrann, we where both 4 tabling so had a few decent battles with him, my partner has been helping me with cash but still don't understand how players can go for 6-8 hours with sometimes no return or very little. Rarely ever a big return like an MTT.

I came back last night and played a run tournament (I think that's what it is called) never played anything like it but absolutely brilliant concept, I think I had the button for about 2 hours, I finished 3rd though I think. I got AK against Q3 for 80 bigs in pre and lost, quite depressing.

I then played the £55 BH and played arguably the best poker I have played in months and absolutely steam rolled through to the FT. (Got lucky in my 3rd hand though to get a huge stack early on, although I played it well just a KKvQQ scenario) I got heads up and played well for the first hour and then donked it off on tilt as he 3 bet me 3 times in a row and I became a non believer and got it in shockingly bad. Finished 2nd but with 12 bounties which was a good return, better for him as my head was worth a fortune.

Probably won't play much anymore as I gave it a go and it just wasn't for me, I am and hopefully will remain a winning player but I think cash has crushed the love I had for poker maybe I will get the poker bug back but until then.......

• edited September 2013
    lol was wondering where you had been.

Take a break in the main time, and stay away from cash.

Was brilliant reading your diary and having good banter over our MTT challenge. Your results, from what I can see, are some of the best on the site for MTTs.

If you are still playing, fancy a challenge? Who can make the most cash/ ft/ wins over the next 10 MTTs?

Good luck
  • edited September 2013
    FWIW I didn't lose at cash I just got bored, I ended up with a roll of around £1500 from a £50 deposit, I enjoy playing 1 table but playing 4-6 is fine but just takes the fun away from the game for me.

I am happy with that challenge but not 100% sure how long it will take to complete, shall we say the tournament has to have over 40 runners and cannot be a sat.

I am currently one tabling a table and enjoying the game by the way so I am not going anywhere just not going to play as much/often .
  • edited September 2013

Over the next month or so.

I'll just use the other thread I started, and other folk can join in too.

Just something to stay focussed, cause I've been playing pretty bad recently!

• edited June 2014
    Mental that it was back in Sept this was last is use!

I left and played elsewhere for a while, had a little dabble last night and won the mini which is nice as I literally haven't done anything in the last year with poker. No research, reading and the bare min when playing.

I didn't play great but just cracked on with it, I didn't get it in bad at any point that I can remember. I lost with Aces against 88 AIPF which knocked me right down but instantly came back. I lead the tournament from around 30 left and was smooth running from there.

Going to play the rollers tonight, hope to see some of the old faces at the computers equivalent of the felt.

Kalie
  • edited June 2014
    What is all this I am reading about collusion aswell?
  • edited June 2014
    Hey Kalie

Welcome back:)

Is this you back for 2 months before your 10month sebatical lol

Run good, and if i'm on your table keep donating:)
  • edited June 2014
    Nah I am not back for long
  • edited June 2014
    What is all this I am reading about collusion aswell?
    Posted by Batkin88
    2 players colluding in some DYM's. is about the extent of it.