You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat

i thought i'd start this thread seeing since sky has put on a promo for october that kinda plays to my strenghts and i thought it might be fun to see exactly how i get on.

as most of you know i am a low stakes grinder, i have too much time on my hands so im able to play some stupid hours, which in all essance is what the promo is all about.

well last week i emptied my account because i needed the funds short term knowing that i had my c4p payment due on the 5th. well ive managed to club together some funds which i should be able to deposit tomorrow morning to get me started. its only £70 which means i will only be playing nl4 to start with til i receive my c4p payment of £205 on friday (or earlier if sky wouldnt mind:)) i think its better to get some play in with the chance to increase it before the main bankroll drops in and im not giving others too much of a start. once i get the other payment im likely to be found at nl10 tables and hope things go well if im honest.

ive got an idea of the points i think will be required to win the low level crown but it is a bit of a guess as ive no idea exactly what the nl20 grinders can put in or how many of them there would be but its all part of the challenge i suppose.

should things not go great at the start of the month with a slightly skinny bankroll then i will be the first to admit defeat and go back to playing normally and forgeting about this promo.

hope i dont bore you all to much, its only for 31 days after all.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Nice thread! I'm sure you'll take it down with the amount of volume you put in usually. GL
  • edited September 2012
    oh no!!
    I thought we'd got rid of you at nl4!! :))))
    good luck tho m8
    I'm hoping to do some serious grind (for me, work permitting) so will probably see you at the tables
    very much doubt I'll match the hours and table numbers you do but we'll see.
    I'm sure you'll have no problem tho
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    Nice thread! I'm sure you'll take it down with the amount of volume you put in usually. GL
    Posted by percival09
    +1 will be very surprised if your name isnt top of the list come the end of the month
  • edited September 2012
    Posted by percival09
    thanks.

i think some think i will cruise this, or be very close to it but im aware of what will be required and all the ups and downs that will be involved. im taking nothing for granted esp since i will be a level below the top points marks. my start will be crucial once i get my c4p payment i think because if the first few days go wrong then its game over
  • edited September 2012
    oh no!! I thought we'd got rid of you at nl4!! :)))) good luck tho m8 I'm hoping to do some serious grind (for me, work permitting) so will probably see you at the tables very much doubt I'll match the hours and table numbers you do but we'll see. I'm sure you'll have no problem tho
    Posted by walesboy
    thanks,

i only plan to be at nl4 til friday when c4p payment hits so you should be fine and wont run into me too much.

i dont think i could get near top of the leaderboard on nl4 alone, altho that would be some feat if i did lol
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : +1 will be very surprised if your name isnt top of the list come the end of the month
    Posted by waller02
    im hoping it is but im not taking anything for granted, ive still to put the hours needed in. its gonna be a long month
  • edited September 2012
    yeh gl i thinking u might take it down but with 20nl included in the mircos make it harder but ye ill in the simalier boat in term of c4p.
  • edited September 2012
    Good luck TinTin, I'm sure you can take it down with the volume you're capable of, especially with the new computer where you can go over 6 tables.

I'll be giving this a go too. I have no illusions of winning it while playing 8NL and having a full time job, but I will be putting in as much time as possible during October and can hopefully scrape into the top 20
  • edited October 2012
    yeah - gl - nothing but admiration for you grinders
  • edited October 2012
    if you can get into priorty club playin 10nl then obv youl make good results in this
  • edited October 2012
    GL - gonmna try and get in the freeroll at least for lower limits myself but can no-where near put in your volume to av a chance but should be good -

is it just cash pts that count as well? or MTT etc

EDIT - thought lower level meant up to Nl10 on Big blind not small blind - i got no chnace - sure u can still it make it tho
  • edited October 2012
    GL - gonmna try and get in the freeroll at least for lower limits myself but can no-where near put in your volume to av a chance but should be good - is it just cash pts that count as well? or MTT etc EDIT - thought lower level meant up to Nl10 on Big blind not small blind - i got no chnace - sure u can still it make it tho
    Posted by MP33
    its just cash points that count for the main part of the promo, as far as im led to believe if you gain 1000 points irrespective of where they are earned then you can gain entry in the £5k freeroll. i do think they have worded promo wrong when stating what limits count towards what level, we all know we work in big blinds not small blinds lol
  • edited October 2012
    Good luck TinTin, I'm sure you can take it down with the volume you're capable of, especially with the new computer where you can go over 6 tables. I'll be giving this a go too. I have no illusions of winning it while playing 8NL and having a full time job, but I will be putting in as much time as possible during October and can hopefully scrape into the top 20
    Posted by Lambert180
    thanks,

it will take a lot of doing and im praying for some run good to get me going.

good luck to yourself and hope you can do enough yourself to reach you target
  • edited October 2012
    Good Luck matey ill be watching with interest enjoyed sitting in on tables with you, dont think i can put in the volume needed, but want to pass on my best wishes to you and the rest of the micro cash boys and girls,
  • edited October 2012
    well got almost 4 hours in today playing between 10-12 tables for most of it, went pretty horid to be honest, got unlucky in a few spots, made 2 really bad calls that were rightly punished and spewed a little more before calling it quits. i posted a loss which im not best pleased about so i really need to turn it around nxt session where i might have to play a couple of tables less than i was doing this morning.

earned 104 points this morning so it was a decent start to the chase.

thanks to all those who have wished me good luck, i really need it at the minute. if anyone want to make a guess at a points total they think will win it feel free (sorry no prizes, just for fun)
  • edited October 2012
    gl tintin you should be there or thereabouts with the volume you put it also its impossible to find a table that you aren,t playing on which is bad news really when i,m table selecting ;)
  • edited October 2012
    gl tintin you should be there or thereabouts with the volume you put it also its impossible to find a table that you aren,t playing on which is bad news really when i,m table selecting ;)
    Posted by stokefc
    thanks, yeah im on pretty much all that are running during the day, thankfully theres a lot more choice at night:)
  • edited October 2012
    gl tintin,
    i'm pretty confident that you will cash,knowing how much you play,
    isn't it great now u can play 10-12 tables too?
    i've thought about giving this ago myself,but as i haven't played cash for a while....
    maybe i'll give this 1 a miss.  lol
    think you could be in for some competition as i've noticed that there are 1 or 2 cash grinders at the 10/20p level.
    not going to mention any names but i'm sure you must have a good idea as to who i mean.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    gl tintin, i'm pretty confident that you will cash,knowing how much you play, isn't it great now u can play 10-12 tables too? i've thought about giving this ago myself,but as i haven't played cash for a while.... maybe i'll give this 1 a miss.  lol think you could be in for some competition as i've noticed that there are 1 or 2 cash grinders at the 10/20p level. not going to mention any names but i'm sure you must have a good idea as to who i mean. best wishes :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    cheers mate, it is good that i can play more at once, i still think im trying to find the best balance to suit me at the moment. ive got an idea of how many players that can put the volume in at nl10 but the mystery is how many can/will do it at nl20 as i have no clue of the player base there because ive never played there. it will be fun trying tho
  • edited October 2012
    played from 5-7, 1st hour on 9 tables, 2nd on 10 to eek out some extra points, same result as before. losing dominating hands seems to be problem at minute. lost a £12 pot v massive fish allin pre my AK v KJ, also lost a stack when i got AA in pre v QQ n A10 for another £12 pot, i came last in that hand out of 3 lol. down 5 buyins now so hovering about the £50 mark, im on official life support atm and it could be game over til friday unless things pick up quick,

please poker gods, some run good please.

c4p: 167
  • edited October 2012
    well tonight went a lot better, turned the 5 buyin deficeit into a 5 buyin win, played from about 7;45 thru to 9 then from 9:30 til 12. the first session was pretty much only 9 tables. i was slightly forced into banking some wins instead of hanging around for any length of time. i didnt hit n run as it p****s me off i just waited a few orbits then left.

the sencond part of this evenings session went even better, after locking up a couple of buyins previously i manged to gain 8 more making today worthwhile and putting a smile on my face. people shoving 125bb pre when im sitting behind with aces just as deep helps the cause (and them holding). managed to hold my concentration pretty well throughout til i made an idiotic call towards midnight there. if ever there was a signal it was time to take a break or quit for the night that was it.

uinsure what to do, call it a night or go back for another hour. im not tired tho so we'll see. managed to get to 275 points which i think is fine for today at nl4. i know its gonna be slow progress til i can step up to bigger points tables.

i got to say with scotty77 and also a few other players who i know play higher there was some tough tables about and i dont imagine thats said too often about nl4. i had a little look around the other tables at nl10 nl20 etc to see what names were playing a lot. it looks like there could be quite a few putting in a big effort. i think the winning mark might be beyond what anyone thinks it could be. tonight was the most tables ive seen running at nl10 and that includes weekends.

c4p:275
  • edited October 2012
    looked up scottys thread, you,re doing A OK, may not know you ( but with my lappie blowing a gasket and now playing on a fairly basic netbook ive no chance of figureing in the money) its good to see you and other regs at micro earning a well deserved bonus,  run good
  • edited October 2012
    looked up scottys thread, you,re doing A OK, may not know you ( but with my lappie blowing a gasket and now playing on a fairly basic netbook ive no chance of figureing in the money) its good to see you and other regs at micro earning a well deserved bonus,  run good
    Posted by ryderroo
    thanks, it was good of sky to include all levels normally its only higher stakes players who can participate in these rake races so its a change of pace for some of us. now to see what the month brings and hopefully scoop some part of the prize tier
  • edited October 2012
    Can I ask what being a member of the priority club does for you?

Did you get any cash from the priority club cash ladder?

TIA
  • edited October 2012
    Can I ask what being a member of the priority club does for you? Did you get any cash from the priority club cash ladder? TIA
    Posted by Donttelmum
    theres a few benefits that come with being in priority, like increased payouts on bonuses the longer you acheive priority, early payouts of bonuses, exclusive freerolls and a few others. i think someone has posted a link on your other thread
  • edited October 2012
    Hi TinTin good luck with this. I am one of a few 20nl grinders who will be going for this I feel. I reckon you will definitely finish top 10 and almost definitely top 5 although I'd have to see who is playing over this week. There aren't that many 'exclusive' 20nl players so aslong as those who play 20,30 and 40 don't turn to just playing 20... i can only see a handful of players (talking 2-5) making it over 10k c4p. This promo may change patterns mind so again I will know more by the end of the week.
  • edited October 2012
    Tintin I have more points than you this month and somehow you're ahead of me on the leaderboard? You did say you 275 right? Strange. 
  • edited October 2012
    how am I in 12th, there was at least 15-20 guys that would of put in WAY more volume then I did yesterday.

maybe they didn't put the promo code in myaccount section yet
  • edited October 2012
    Tintin I have more points than you this month and somehow you're ahead of me on the leaderboard? You did say you 275 right? Strange. 
    Posted by percival09
    Is yours 100% earned between 4NL - 20NL, no MTTs, SnGs, bigger stakes cash etc?
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by percival09
    did you play after midnight?  if so then points earned after then won't be on todays leaderboard

maybe they didn't put the promo code in myaccount section yet
    also think this is a good point.  hope that people take the time to read the promo section again!  will make sure to mention it on the show when I'm on as its sometimes easy for people to 'skim' the promo pages and miss the code.