You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Just to let you know I've set a place for you at my dinner table this evening :P
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    Just to let you know I've set a place for you at my dinner table this evening :P
    Posted by splashies
    cheers, i'll try to be a good guest and bring a present or two
  • edited October 2012
    Hi m8
    I'm doing it the other way at the moment
    lose a couple of buy ins and spend a while grinding them back
    i have the problem at the moment that i don't believe people. cardinal sin at nl4
    this promo is showing me how bad it is at nl4 getting points
    might have to have a go at nl10. got the roll i think and i don't think nl10 is too different from nl4.
    i may be wrong :)))))
    good luck
  • edited October 2012

running bad and playing like a fool is a bad combination. i showed both aspects thru out tonight resulting in a really bad day at the office. i really need things to turn around and quickly or i will be conceding the challenge.

i dont have much more to say, im away to slap some sense into myself.

c4p: 3259

• edited October 2012
    TINTIN your a sicko - how many hours you play per day - 14hrs ?

Between you and me if you keep this up then you'll going to win it
    Can't see anyone else putting in the same amount of volume

good luck

predicting you will be 3rd tomorrow )

• edited October 2012
    had a bad night also.down almost 2BIs but could have been alot more
    one of those where i didn't believe again but they had he better straight,FH to my flush, AA beaten by 92 sooted.
    it happens but bl**dy annoying!!
    quit when it happened again b4 i went really tilty
    another day next session but i think i have to go back to "reding school".
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN your a sicko - how many hours you play per day - 14hrs ? Between you and me if you keep this up then you'll going to win it Can't see anyone else putting in the same amount of volume good luck predicting you will be 3rd tomorrow )
    Posted by rancid
    im capable of upto 14 but most days it has been about 10 per day. hardly logged a session after midnight so i am a little down on my usual volume:)

im still not 100% to see out the month tho but it would be nice to be as high as 3rd even if its jut for a day
  • edited October 2012
    You've overtaken me as I haven't played today. I'm sure if you keep your br in place and continue to play those hours you'll win it
  • edited October 2012
    had a bad night also.down almost 2BIs but could have been alot more one of those where i didn't believe again but they had he better straight,FH to my flush, AA beaten by 92 sooted. it happens but bl**dy annoying!! quit when it happened again b4 i went really tilty another day next session but i think i have to go back to "reding school".
    Posted by walesboy
    sorry to hear mate, i hate the non believer syndrome, i suffered a fair bit of that myself yesterday. you might see me at the next "reading school"class:)

todays a new day and hopefully things go better for the both of us
  • edited October 2012
    You've overtaken me as I haven't played today. I'm sure if you keep your br in place and continue to play those hours you'll win it
    Posted by percival09
    i see in the latest table ive moved uip to second. the bankroll is my main issue atm, i have contingency funds which i was hoping not to have to dip into but it looks as tho i might just to escape this run im on atm
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : im capable of upto 14 but most days it has been about 10 per day. hardly logged a session after midnight so i am a little down on my usual volume:) im still not 100% to see out the month tho but it would be nice to be as high as 3rd even if its jut for a day
    Posted by TINTIN
    10hrs, how many tables ? Seriously 12 tables ? & your playing all the happy hours ?

calculate that - that's the winner !!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : 10hrs, how many tables ? Seriously 12 tables ? & your playing all the happy hours ? calculate that - that's the winner !!
    Posted by rancid
    10 hours mostly 12 tables. i see from your thread we use the same sort of calculations to work things out.

now can you work out what i theoritically can acheive this this month?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : 10 hours mostly 12 tables. i see from your thread we use the same sort of calculations to work things out. now can you work out what i theoritically can acheive this this month?
    Posted by TINTIN

some ridic amount !

Not sure 50 raked hands an hour is right thought, maybe 40

your looking at 1000+ c4p per 24hrs - if your playing 10hrs per day x 12 table including happy hours

SICK BRUV !

So total for the month for you probabaly around 23,000, like I said clear winner
    playing nl20 could acheive 30,000

good luck bruv - you don't need it unless a sick nl20 grinder puts the volume in

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE VOLUME !!

• edited October 2012
    Are u going for priority tin tin because that is my aim this month i think if i secure priority i will get top 5 easily im 400 c4p behind u atm so lil ctching up to do gd luck at tables 
  • edited October 2012
    Are u going for priority tin tin because that is my aim this month i think if i secure priority i will get top 5 easily im 400 c4p behind u atm so lil ctching up to do gd luck at tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    yeah it will take priority plus to win it as i think theres 3 or 4 who can do that.

your going well on your total points and i think you will get to 10k without too much trouble, with you playing other forms its hard to know exactly the breakdown of cash points etc. i do think if you keep it up then you should be looking at top 5. good luck mate
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : some ridic amount ! Not sure 50 raked hands an hour is right thought, maybe 40 your looking at 1000+ c4p per 24hrs - if your playing 10hrs per day x 12 table including happy hours SICK BRUV ! So total for the month for you probabaly around 23,000, like I said clear winner playing nl20 could acheive 30,000 good luck bruv - you don't need it unless a sick nl20 grinder puts the volume in IT'S ALL ABOUT THE VOLUME !!
    Posted by rancid
    50 is about right, i think its a little more but its easier for calculation purposes.

i think i could scrape 20k as long as i dont busto, all good in theory now lets hope the pratical goes to plan:)

ITS SICK!!!!
  • edited October 2012

another 200 points in the bag, struggled to get tables going before happy hour began, common trait for weekdays im afraid so i only got a couple of hours in.

as for how it went, read previous session reviews posted befor 14:30 on any given day, its exactly the same which means more torture approaching later on. its gotta break soon at least i hope.

c4p: 3455

• edited October 2012
    Hi TinTin

You have definitely got it sewn up at the rate you're going. I will be playing a lot... but nowhere near the volume you're gonna put in. i'm gonna keep going at my current rate though to keep pushing you... i think it's good for both of us as we could get a nice little c4p pay-out if we keep pushing each other. Hope you can get out the rut your in, I'm sure you will!

Keep going!
  • edited October 2012
    Hi TinTin You have definitely got it sewn up at the rate you're going. I will be playing a lot... but nowhere near the volume you're gonna put in. i'm gonna keep going at my current rate though to keep pushing you... i think it's good for both of us as we could get a nice little c4p pay-out if we keep pushing each other. Hope you can get out the rut your in, I'm sure you will! Keep going!
    Posted by KING2600
    good luck mate. i agree it can be benificial for both of us as the c4p will be a nice amount on plus any payout from the promo. im enjoying the battle and long may it last. your still in pole position so im still playing catch up.
  • edited October 2012
    I think KING2600 should do the decent thing and tell how mnay tables he plays and how mnay hours per day )

But before we continue maybe we should read the terms and conditions just incase !!
  • edited October 2012
    I think KING2600 should do the decent thing and tell how mnay tables he plays and how mnay hours per day ) But before we continue maybe we should read the terms and conditions just incase !!
    Posted by rancid
    Haha not as much as TinTin!

• edited October 2012
    id never play this much on cash tables thanks for the promo on sky its great coz im gonna get a gd c4p next month and added bonus for being top 10 its all goooood :)

• edited October 2012
    i really think i should rename this Groundhog Day. same scipt different day.

slowly bleeding away, this mornings profits gone and a little more. i actually topped up 6 buyins before clawing most back before another 4 went away again over 3 hours. im now down 2 buyins on the day so far, the skinny roll is getting skinnier by the hour.

as per theres a few hands i could have done a lot better on, a few i called down on too often, i got attached to aces v a certain player who i could name his hand (flopped set) but i was just too stubborn.

the session ended as bad as it gets. get aces cracked by T6off defending sb and flopping 2 pair on a KT6 board, luckily they were only 50bb deep, then the real killer,  pocket 4s on the button and its limped round so i make up, bb raises and all come along, flop J94r. get it in here for 300bb. villains QQ n J9. turn is the killer J and its another set busted.

i moaned the other day about running kings into aces and i havent had the reverse of the situation, well i did this evening and heres the result.
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
    mattless Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.75
    CAPITALISM Sit out     
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

HMFC1993 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.28
    Adicts89 Raise  £1.10 £1.55 £8.75
    SHANKS474 Fold     
    TINTIN Raise  £3.00 £4.55 £6.85
    mattless Fold     
    HMFC1993 Fold     
    Adicts89 All-in  £8.75 £13.30 £0.00
    TINTIN Call  £6.80 £20.10 £0.05
    TINTIN Show
    • A
    • A

Adicts89 Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

Adicts89 Win Three Kings £18.70  £18.70
    i feel im owed at least 1 or 2 to go my way, its beyond ridic.

things have gotta change, well ive got to keep that thought or im dead in the water.

c4p: 3739
  • edited October 2012
    What were you you thoughts on this one - Got v. lucky on river ( I thought you,d have me on Ak , AQ )
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.55
    Carnage Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.88
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

nu Fold     
    trucker226 Fold     
    HeimiH Fold     
    MP33 Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £13.12
    TINTIN Call  £0.35 £0.90 £9.20
    Carnage Fold     
    Flop

• A

TINTIN Check     
    MP33 Check     
    Turn

TINTIN Bet  £0.68 £1.58 £8.52
    MP33 Call  £0.68 £2.26 £12.44
    River

• Q

TINTIN Bet  £1.70 £3.96 £6.82
    MP33 Raise  £4.53 £8.49 £7.91
    TINTIN All-in  £6.82 £15.31 £0.00
    MP33 All-in  £7.91 £23.22 £0.00
    MP33 Unmatched bet  £3.92 £19.30 £3.92
    TINTIN Show

MP33 Show
    • Q
    • Q

MP33 Win Three Queens £17.90  £21.82
  • edited October 2012
    What were you you thoughts on this one - Got v. lucky on river ( I thought you,d have me on Ak , AQ ) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance TINTIN Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.55 Carnage Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.88   Your hole cards Q Q       nu Fold         trucker226 Fold         HeimiH Fold         MP33 Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £13.12 TINTIN Call   £0.35 £0.90 £9.20 Carnage Fold         Flop     6 3 A       TINTIN Check         MP33 Check         Turn     9       TINTIN Bet   £0.68 £1.58 £8.52 MP33 Call   £0.68 £2.26 £12.44 River     Q       TINTIN Bet   £1.70 £3.96 £6.82 MP33 Raise   £4.53 £8.49 £7.91 TINTIN All-in   £6.82 £15.31 £0.00 MP33 All-in   £7.91 £23.22 £0.00 MP33 Unmatched bet   £3.92 £19.30 £3.92 TINTIN Show 9 9       MP33 Show Q Q       MP33 Win Three Queens £17.90   £21.82
    Posted by MP33
    the hand shows exactly what im going thru atm. i coulda n prob shoulda flatted raise. i didnt think ak or aq because i thought you would cbet flop. i was fairly certain it was a set but not sure which one. i think at the time i was more worried about the set of aces than the queens but didnt rule it out completely. i thought you were more weighted to 6s or 3s but i was wrong, nh
  • edited October 2012
    got about another 3.5 hours in there. i dont know wether to chalk this up as a much needed result but i lost less than £2 on the day. yep just about broke even. didnt help when rancid repeated a hand i played earlier (wrote about it in previous post when set v top 2) for a pot nearing the 300bb mark. run better i suppose.

earned about 750 points today taking me past the 4k mark but at midnight i was at 3983, wondering if its good for 1st on the nxt leaderboard. only 1 person knows that answer until its revealed.

time for sleep, i think tomorrow is going to be a good day.

c4p: 4006
  • edited October 2012
    hihi , sick hand bruv !
    Strange but I ain't running that well, apart from that hand :S

I think 4000 is deffo 1st place, If it's not I'll eat my hat

I might buy another monitor and run 24 tables ) Just to keep up with you so I only have to play 5 hrs a day and not 10 - lol - because cry cry - I have to go to work )

But seriously do you struggle keeping up with 12, because I do
    I have no idea how Beanah ! and the like play 24 !

• edited October 2012
    hihi , sick hand bruv ! Strange but I ain't running that well, apart from that hand :S I think 4000 is deffo 1st place, If it's not I'll eat my hat I might buy another monitor and run 24 tables ) Just to keep up with you so I only have to play 5 hrs a day and not 10 - lol - because cry cry - I have to go to work ) But seriously do you struggle keeping up with 12, because I do I have no idea how Beanah ! and the like play 24 !
    Posted by rancid
    ive only been playing 12 tables for a few weeks, and there is times i do struggle a little timing out still. mainly to due to grabbing a drink or a smoke or going to the lobby. im not 100% yet but will get there. any more just scares me atm and ive no idea how others do more with ease, guess its just practice practice practice
  • edited October 2012
    i really hate this game at the minute. constantly getting outdrawn, running big into big and coming out wrong end, then proceeding to donk a little more away.

totally unsure of how much i will play today. time for catch up folks
  • edited October 2012
    i really hate this game at the minute. constantly getting outdrawn, running big into big and coming out wrong end, then proceeding to donk a little more away. totally unsure of how much i will play today. time for catch up folks
    Posted by TINTIN

Keep it going MR Tin.  Numero uno now, you can stay there all month.