You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    i appreciate all the responses on my current matter, certainly food for thought.

back to this early eveings session. i played better again, did lose a couple of stacks, kings v a flopped set of 4s and aces v flopped 2 pair. m,anaged to even post a winning session all be it was just the 1 buyin. stuck to 9 tables for all the session and i think im gonna have to play no more than 9 for the short term, felt more in control of things.

will give all the things you have kindly mentioned while im in my nxt session.

c4p: 5452
  • edited October 2012
    Fair play to you tintin!!

I 4 tabled 20nl for a few hours today and that was enough!!!

Made £50 plus a £20 bonus from sky as they missed me lol.

Good luck with zeeee grind........................
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    Fair play to you tintin!! I 4 tabled 20nl for a few hours today and that was enough!!! Made £50 plus a £20 bonus from sky as they missed me lol. Good luck with zeeee grind........................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    cheers. im used to the hours now, ive done it for that long. it now doesnt feel as much as what ive actually played:)
  • edited October 2012
    finally found a session ive been searching for all week, a winning one. yes the earlier short session was a winning one but this one was for more than 1 buyin. i came out of the session + 5 buyins taking me to +4 for the day. its a welcome relief. boy i needed that more for my own sanity.

i played a lot better than i have been doing lately today, still making a few rash choices but eliminating as many as possible. may have something to do with playing 9 tables instead of the 12, that experiment might have to wait for another day or once i have restored my self confidence.

dont want to bok myself by saying anything stupid but im hoping today could be a major turning point.

still got a few points even tho i 9 tabled. 660 for the day. think its time to lock up the win for the day and see what tomorrow brings.

c4p: 5668
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : Hey Donttelmum, nice post. Do you mind saying where you had this made or have you got a pic or anything? I have thought about having one of these done myself, in fact I have a selection of my fave quotes saved on my PC ready.
    Posted by JohnConnor

My gf sorted it out for me and she can't remember where.  Was an online though.  I would just get intouch with any online canvas shop mate.  I hope you get sorted out.

DO you have a fav quote?

• edited October 2012
    best quote has to be 'why worry about tomorrow when today is all you'll ever have' ... Percival09 12/10/2012 03:15am. 
  • edited October 2012
    best quote has to be 'why worry about tomorrow when today is all you'll ever have' ... Percival09 12/10/2012 03:15am. 
    Posted by percival09

:-)

• edited October 2012

I actually disagree with everyone (for a change lol) abuot lowering your tables. You are running bad but are more than good enough to beat the game by playing how you play now. You might be a bit nitty but that works against most of the player base, and is only exploitable by the decent regs. The downside to this promo is that tables will no doubt be filling up with alot more decent regs than normal, but I'm sure you still have a winning game.

I guess it depends what you want, Moniez or improving your game, but by my workings you can easily make £1000 from RB etc this month, so that's 100 BIs @ your level, most people would be very happy to make 100 BIs per month for their level. I know you're down at the moment, but I'm sure it won't last.

• edited October 2012
    I actually disagree with everyone (for a change lol) abuot lowering your tables. You are running bad but are more than good enough to beat the game by playing how you play now. You might be a bit nitty but that works against most of the player base, and is only exploitable by the decent regs. The downside to this promo is that tables will no doubt be filling up with alot more decent regs than normal, but I'm sure you still have a winning game. I guess it depends what you want, Moniez or improving your game, but by my workings you can easily make £1000 from RB etc this month, so that's 100 BIs @ your level, most people would be very happy to make 100 BIs per month for their level. I know you're down at the moment, but I'm sure it won't last.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i had to rebuild confidence more than an ything and dropping a few tables should help me short term anyway. its still early in the month and winning some extra money is always nice but not at destructing the bankroll. playing 9 i can still realistically look at around  £900 thru c4p n promo winning. 12 tables isnt off the agenda completley yet
  • edited October 2012
    break even session, which im happy with. there was a couple of spots i got unlucky with but there was also a couple where i got lucky (sorry liamboi) so all being equal break even was about right.

still sticking to the 9 tables for the most part, was up to 10 for about 20 mins during the happy hour but thought better of it. points total still ticking over nicely, another 250 added to the cause this morning. 6k will be passed during the nxt happy hour.

c4p: 5913
  • edited October 2012
    no probs m8 it goes round in roundabouts even though i was slightly tilted for a wee bit lol.

keep up the good work buddy
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN you ever thought about going away for a holiday this month !

At least give us a chance to catch you up )
    This means I will have to play till 4am to have a chance-_-
    gg wp -
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN you ever thought about going away for a holiday this month ! 6000 At least give us a chance to catch you up ) This means I will have to play till 4am to have a chance-_- gg wp -
    Posted by rancid
    haha, im just hitting my stride now. a few more days n it will be priority:)
  • edited October 2012
    early evening session went well, confidence is slowly getting rebuilt, won a few meaty pots, sets v draws and was holding for a change. finished the mini session up 4.5 BIs. that a couple of winning sessions now after the drought. hoping i can make it 2 winning days in a row.

rancid will be pleased to know i added another 187 points taking my tally thru the 6k mark.

c4p:6100
  • edited October 2012
    back to the usual tonight, lost a few buyins that i was in front for the day but stopped showing a buyin up for the day. the session started pretty well n i got in front a little before 2 hands in 30 secs destroyed the momentum and sent most things on a downward spiral. set into set played itself, and had a player call off 75bb by the turn chasing a flush that duly hit on the river after i flopped a set,

played ok in most parts, will need to look closer, there was 2 hands i know i could have done better with. 1 was v rancid where i had a little brain freeze and called off a river bet i shouldnt have done, the other was near the end where i just done a stupid hand. i did manage to evade quite a few spots as well or the sesion could have been worse. after those 2 earlier hands i did go quite dead, i was flopping ok but turning real bad. i think i have enough for today.

another 230 points to the cause, sending me well into the 6k mark, think 7k will be chalked off tomorrow.

c4p: 6323
  • edited October 2012
    youre owning this sh 1t tintin. Keep it up. 
  • edited October 2012
    youre owning this sh 1t tintin. Keep it up. 
    Posted by percival09
    so far anyway, and its been done by playing nl10 or less. the days are slowly getting chalked off, cant wait til november
  • edited October 2012
    doing well tintin keepit up i never catch u i just settle for top 5 i hope kings of cash promo is not every month i do like to have a social life and have some sleep lol
  • edited October 2012

i see theres been a big shake up from 3rd-10th in the latest standings. thought i had a decent idea of what i was ahead, now it might be closer than anyone thought. just gotta keep on plodding along

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : My gf sorted it out for me and she can't remember where.  Was an online though.  I would just get intouch with any online canvas shop mate.  I hope you get sorted out. DO you have a fav quote?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks mate. My favourite is Thomas J Watson's re the secret to success (double your rate of failure). I also like the following from Confucius, "Choose a job you love and you wil never have to work a day in your life".

Ps. Tintin, sorry for derailing slightly. I follow your progress with interest, the grind you put in is unbelievable! Good luck sir, hope the run bad is firmly behind you for a while.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : Thanks mate. My favourite is Thomas J Watson's re the secret to success (double your rate of failure). I also like the following from Confucius, "Choose a job you love and you wil never have to work a day in your life". Ps. Tintin, sorry for derailing slightly. I follow your progress with interest, the grind you put in is unbelievable! Good luck sir, hope the run bad is firmly behind you for a while.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    its fine, its amazing what tangents things can go off on.

im hoping the worst is behind me and can look forward to taking steps in the right direction
  • edited October 2012
    morning session went ok, it was a bit fragmemnted where i wasnt able to sit for 3 hours without stopping. few things to do in the house etc. posted another win this time for 3.5 buyins so things are starting to turn around and im slowly clawing back some losses from a few days ago.

because i was off and on i only accumul;ated 200 points taking me past the 6500 mark, will hopefully be able to put some proper hours in later when the mrs goes to work.

c4p: 6521
  • edited October 2012
    another 2 hours down only another i cba to count to go. another small win of 1.5bi taking me to 5 for the day so far. slowly turning things around and i would take that every session at the minute.

was going along a little better til a few smallish pots slipped away. it was nothing major just glad in a way if i was gonna be sucked out on it was the smaller pots where im only losing 30-40bb instead of 100bb.

time for a short break before this evening grind, im 300 short of 7k which ive said i should be getting today so i have a little work to do.

c4p: 6705
  • edited October 2012
    glad things are slowly turning around......look at this way, ur gonna get a load of c4p + the promo cash so will still be a profitable month for you :)
  • edited October 2012
    glad things are slowly turning around......look at this way, ur gonna get a load of c4p + the promo cash so will still be a profitable month for you :)
    Posted by waller02
    that it will be if things go to plan:)
  • edited October 2012
    evening sessions are turning into a right b***h. not a lot went my way. played an hour n dropped 2 buyins where i lost 1 pot which cost me around a fiver and the rest was just silly little pots where ive raised n cbet kinda thing and had to top up.

took a half hour break and returned where i played for just over 2 hours. it didnt go well. it was like the sessions i was experiencing a few nights ago. got unlucky in a fair few spots and i got lucky in a couple that prob stoped me being further down. last hand i played i had AA n got it in on the flop for a stack, board was all low and villian flipped over 88 for an overpair to the board, well you can guess the turn card yes an 8. time to cal it quits.

after being 5 buyins up early this evening i now find myself 1 buyin down. time to cal it quits for the day i think.

c4p: 7001
  • edited October 2012
    another day has dawned and i had a session that was a bit aaaaarrgghhh. started off playing ok, made a few decent lay downs that saved me some money then the trickle of losses started capped off by playing 1 of the worst hands ive evr played. found myself about 5 bi down but slowly turned things around. theres wasnt many huge pots just kept chipping away. ended just after 2 only half a buyin down. i will take that result.

still holding the lead in the promo, i think yesterdays table was a bit scrambled with a few players being out of position so hopefully todays is a little clearer. the points are still ticking over but they have hit that stage where you dont notice the difference too much. this is where the real grind begins

c4p: 7252
  • edited October 2012
    split the early evening session in 2. 1st part went good. won 3.5 BI in about 45mins while i was waiting on my dinner. 2nd part of the session went ok, i broke even. would have shown a little profit if i hadnt run KK v AA when im playing 150bb. didnt help it was 3 handed v a tight player. wil i ever learn i doubt it. worst bit was i had already hit stand as it was time to end, thanks for that poker gods.

short break then back to it.

c4p: 7500
  • edited October 2012
    another bloody break even day, damage done in the late session where the 3bi i was infront dwindled away, got sucked out on in a fair few spots and won nxt to nothing. i just need to hold in a couple of spots and results would be better. i seem to have a ceiling in my account when i get near to it it starts to send me backwards. this isnt an isolated case its happened to me loads. mental thing? possibly

missed any announcement about nxt weeks happy hours as i missed the show bar the last hour where they said theyd announced something earlier in the show, if someone heard i would be grateful if you could fill me in.

c4p: 7701
  • edited October 2012
    the nxt few days my hours are going to be slightly different, thjeres no happy hours i qualify for excepy wednesday n sunday, will damage my short term plans points wise as i thought i could get close or acheive priority by thursday. was hoping the format for this week was going to be different than the one they have implemented.

playing wise i seem to be back on the slippery slope, racking up small losses back to back. i was railing idonkcallu in the primo last night n fired up a couple of tables, lost a couple of bi but it was all my fault i was playing like a knob.

got 90 mins in this morning only to rack up another buyin down, hit a couple of coolers, flopped straight v flopped bigger straight being 1 and called a shove monkey with AQ for them to turn over 84o n the 4 spikes the flop, thanks. clawed a little back. i need to stop the rot again before it sets in.

c4p: 7802