You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Priority coming soon. TIN TIN. TOUT TOUT. :)
  • edited October 2012
    didnt have chance to update earlier so here it is.

only got a short session in this morning, was around 90 mins and only on 6 tables, posted a win of a couple of buyins. couldnt play for too long as i had other things to take care of.

im in need of food before i sit down n play so thats the number 1 priority just now.

c4p: 9338
  • edited October 2012

it was a funny night tonight, started later than normal and broke my sessions into 3 90 mins stints. i managed to book wins in all 3 of those sessions and that takes me to 4 winning sessions out of 4 today. major result. in total ive bagged 11 buyins today,

im not gonna say its all down to the small changes ive been trying to introduce, i will admit there was some run good there, not in the sense i got it in behind n binked but i ran like top 2 pair into top n 3rd pair kinda things which made it easier to get paid in some spots.

its easy to say after a decent winning day i played well, im sure there will be some spots i didnt do as well as i could have but til i look over the hands i dont know. i will reserve judgement for now.

going to bed a little happier than previous nights.

c4p: 9640

• edited October 2012
    Great results mate. I bet you dont have to be just lucky to have 4/4 winning session. You seem to be on the right way.

Keep it up. Your diary is always a great read.
  • edited October 2012
    good going today m8 knew it would turn around for you I only played about 3hrs hours today and was up 6 bi`s plus i`m sneaking up thats kings leaderboard which is good.

just 2 quick questions i wanted to ask you if dont mind whats your plans for next mth stay at 10nl or try 20nl or higher next month.

2nd one is your defo gettin priority this mth so you goin 2 aim and keep priority for the next 3mths to get the max benefit.

gl at the tables l8r today.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    Great results mate. I bet you dont have to be just lucky to have 4/4 winning session. You seem to be on the right way. Keep it up. Your diary is always a great read.
    Posted by GreekWay
    thanks for the kind words.

i hoping things have finally turned a corner but we wont know for a few days yet. i just need to continue doing the things ive been doing right and we will see if more of the same kind of results follow.
  • edited October 2012
    good going today m8 knew it would turn around for you I only played about 3hrs hours today and was up 6 bi`s plus i`m sneaking up thats kings leaderboard which is good. just 2 quick questions i wanted to ask you if dont mind whats your plans for next mth stay at 10nl or try 20nl or higher next month. 2nd one is your defo gettin priority this mth so you goin 2 aim and keep priority for the next 3mths to get the max benefit. gl at the tables l8r today.
    Posted by liamboi11
    you done good yesterday as well, well done.

as for my plans for next month, the only thing im sure of is i will still play nl10. im hoping to pick up some work for a few weeks in the run up to xmas and if i do then poker will be taking a backseat until after then. i will take it a day at a time in novemebr and see how it goes
  • edited October 2012
    bit of a momentum killer this morning, down roughly 3 buyins and that can be traced to 3 hands. the rest was just me winning smallish pots n losing smallish pots so these 3 hands are where things could have turned out different.

hand 1. qq v kk aipf. fairly standard.
    hand 2. i turn a straight on a paired board, call a decent bet on the river, against full house. think i could have founs a fold on the river so thats down to me.
    hand 3. AK v 99 on a flop of AK9, standard cooler.

these occured fairly early after i started today so i was behind from the off, i was unable to grind anything meaningful back.

i will return later on

c4p: 9824
  • edited October 2012
    im the same m8 I had a horrid time early afternoon was down roughly 5 bi`s at one point but finished just just over a bi down.

a lost few smallish pots ppl calling 2 streets for gs draw and gettin there when I have top pr or top 2.

was also 3 way all with ak vs aq vs k2 guy with aq binked a queen on flop then a lost a flip vs yourself ak vs qq after all that I just tiltled calling 3bets and just in general spewing.

I really need to get my tilt under control when things are not goin well I just spew its my downfall im goin 2 order that mental game of poker book and a plo omaha book next week when I get paid want 2 improve mentally and also in omaha because I love the game but I suck lol.

gl l8r on you will prob be over 10k c4p by the end of today.
  • edited October 2012
    wp tintin on getting priority - i'm having a drink now to celebrate for you

funny how the big hands always mess things up. i was playing the mastercash tables the other nght all the way from NL10 to NL100 (because they were on the tele). Had two big hands - top set vs flush draw & flush draw vs top set - lost them both - and, surprise, surprise, they were both on the biggest tables - lost over 50% of my br on those two hands.

but we know it's just variance, so we can't let it affect our play. just check that it wasn't poor play, which you have done, and then after that just forget it - c'est la vie - ou - c'est le poker.

gl on staying numero uno in the challenge - and gl gl on keeping your br above water.

• edited October 2012
    I have been following your grind all month but havent done much posting. I saw that there was a bit of a doubt regarding you and your play.

Well here is my opinion. You are one of the few or maybe the only one who has managed to get to priority by playing NL10. That is of course a great achievement. You have been there and done it before so you have to trust your own actions and feelings.

Everyone gets the occassional run bad. Nothing you can do about this. The important part is to keep playing your A game. Dont let it affect you and your decisions. 

We have an expression in Greek which says: "After every rain, the sun comes out".

Just believe in yourself and your powers and you are going to get there.

I wish you all the best.
  • edited October 2012
    I have been following your grind all month but havent done much posting. I saw that there was a bit of a doubt regarding you and your play. Well here is my opinion. You are one of the few or maybe the only one who has managed to get to priority by playing NL10. That is of course a great achievement. You have been there and done it before so you have to trust your own actions and feelings. Everyone gets the occassional run bad. Nothing you can do about this. The important part is to keep playing your A game. Dont let it affect you and your decisions.  We have an expression in Greek which says: "After every rain, the sun comes out". Just believe in yourself and your powers and you are going to get there. I wish you all the best.
    Posted by GreekWay
    nice post m8
  • edited October 2012
    I love greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeece.

lol.

you iz 1 sick man Tin!
  • edited October 2012
    i'll get round to replying to the recent posts in the morning.

after the good of yesterday the bad sure followed. this morning/afternoon session can be written off as varience but tonights cant. lost another couple of buyins making some silly calls. i was down on the session but was pulling it back and was almost break even for the evening, i said to myself i was for 10 mins more because i was feeling tired. bad idea this is where the silly calls arose resulting in losing 2 buyins. another lesson to be learnt.

anyway im off to get some sleep and come back with a clearer head tomorrow.

c4p: 10 092
  • edited October 2012
    well done on 10,000 -

would be a bit sick if someone entered the code on the 20th and jumpoed above you -_-
  • edited October 2012
    well done on 10,000 - would be a bit sick if someone entered the code on the 20th and jumpoed above you -_-
    Posted by rancid
    jeez ffs that would be so sick, but you're alread in so maybe not
  • edited October 2012
    Priority just achieved. TIN TIN. TOON TOON.

Very well done to you. Keep up your good work and stick to your target mate.

Good luck.
  • edited October 2012
    Diary doesn't get anywhere near enough credit.

35 buy ins up on rakeback alone, before the promo.

Epic effort, keep it up!
  • edited October 2012
    well done on 10,000 - would be a bit sick if someone entered the code on the 20th and jumpoed above you -_-
    Posted by rancid
    it would be, guess we will find out soon enough. today is the 20th so we wait til tomorrows list.
  • edited October 2012
    Diary doesn't get anywhere near enough credit. 35 buy ins up on rakeback alone, before the promo. Epic effort, keep it up!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    cheers dohhhh.

i think the ale may have screwed your calculations tho priority isnt 35 tho its more like 26
  • edited October 2012
    I love greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeece. lol. you iz 1 sick man Tin!
    Posted by percival09
    how did you know i was battling a little man flu lol
  • edited October 2012
    wp tintin on getting priority - i'm having a drink now to celebrate for you funny how the big hands always mess things up. i was playing the mastercash tables the other nght all the way from NL10 to NL100 (because they were on the tele). Had two big hands - top set vs flush draw & flush draw vs top set - lost them both - and, surprise, surprise, they were both on the biggest tables - lost over 50% of my br on those two hands. but we know it's just variance, so we can't let it affect our play. just check that it wasn't poor play, which you have done, and then after that just forget it - c'est la vie - ou - c'est le poker. gl on staying numero uno in the challenge - and gl gl on keeping your br above water.
    Posted by GELDY
    thanks.

im being able to identify my poor play easier and can deal with those situations better. if i know i butchered something then i can take actions. varience takes care of itself
  • edited October 2012
    I have been following your grind all month but havent done much posting. I saw that there was a bit of a doubt regarding you and your play. Well here is my opinion. You are one of the few or maybe the only one who has managed to get to priority by playing NL10. That is of course a great achievement. You have been there and done it before so you have to trust your own actions and feelings. Everyone gets the occassional run bad. Nothing you can do about this. The important part is to keep playing your A game. Dont let it affect you and your decisions.  We have an expression in Greek which says: "After every rain, the sun comes out". Just believe in yourself and your powers and you are going to get there. I wish you all the best.
    Posted by GreekWay
    thanks for the post.

yes i have had doubts about myself at times during this but i try not to be too down on myself as long as i am being honest about things. i think we all doubt ourselves a little when things are going bad and i am suffering one of the worst spells of run bad i have had over the past 18 months but i still remain confident that i will walk out the other side like i have done in the past.

i like the expression you have used. so true
  • edited October 2012
    ying and yang TINTIN ying and yang

for every upswing you'll have a downswing - cash or MTT's - all the same

chin up - good luck - but not v me when you flopped str and I have set in a 300bb pot - that's just not cricket is it sir )
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : thanks for the post. yes i have had doubts about myself at times during this but i try not to be too down on myself as long as i am being honest about things. i think we all doubt ourselves a little when things are going bad and i am suffering one of the worst spells of run bad i have had over the past 18 months but i still remain confident that i will walk out the other side like i have done in the past. i like the expression you have used. so true
    Posted by TINTIN
    Dont let it affect you mate. There are couple of days which nothing goes in your side. You keep getting outdrawn hand by hand but that's poker. You can't do anything about it. Just contniue playing and the run good is getting closer.

I saw that you bought a new set up. May I ask for some of its details?
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by rancid
    I can't think of any of the other 20nl grinders who are not on the list, so I would say hes pretty sure no ones gonna jump him.
  • edited October 2012
    hiya Tintin iv been following your thread since you started but have not posted yet so just thought show some support and say it really is incredible the amount of volume you are able to put in iv been playing some 10nl and usually manage about an hour tops before needing a break lol!  for what its worth i have seen you suffer some appauling out draws like the AA v villains 55 aipf and 5 fell on the river! nasty! but all you can do is keep getting it in good and you will come out the other side. good luck with the rest of your challenge.
  • edited October 2012
    ying and yang TINTIN ying and yang for every upswing you'll have a downswing - cash or MTT's - all the same chin up - good luck - but not v me when you flopped str and I have set in a 300bb pot - that's just not cricket is it sir )
    Posted by rancid
    i know mate, swings n roundabouts.

i remember that hand well, i was suprised i held. could do with a few more like that going my way it would be nice:)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : Dont let it affect you mate. There are couple of days which nothing goes in your side. You keep getting outdrawn hand by hand but that's poker. You can't do anything about it. Just contniue playing and the run good is getting closer. I saw that you bought a new set up. May I ask for some of its details?
    Posted by GreekWay
    it was just a shop bought system nothing fancy. i needed a new system badly and wasnt prepared to spend big on something that was way ou of my needs.

my old system was 5 year old had 1gb ram and a shtity celeron processor n 15 inch monitor. my new computer is vastly better but as said nothing fancy. i3 processor 6gb ram 21.5 inch monitor. i can get 12 tables running no problem and that is likely to be the max i can handle for a while so it does the job. i was limited to 6 before because of my system spec before lag took over
  • edited October 2012
    hiya Tintin iv been following your thread since you started but have not posted yet so just thought show some support and say it really is incredible the amount of volume you are able to put in iv been playing some 10nl and usually manage about an hour tops before needing a break lol!  for what its worth i have seen you suffer some appauling out draws like the AA v villains 55 aipf and 5 fell on the river! nasty! but all you can do is keep getting it in good and you will come out the other side. good luck with the rest of your challenge.
    Posted by Russ76
    thanks. it aint easy but ive built up a bit of a tolerance to the hours so it seems normal in a way. i had forgot about that hand you mentioned but yeah im seeing a lot like that atm. it will fall my way soon enough. as you said i can only keep getting it in good