You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

167891012»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    its all over now. cant say im not glad to see the back of it. its been a rollercoaster. not sure what to say just now about it all.

at the tables i had a good day at nl4. won just under 15 buyins. not too shabby.

i think i limped towards the finish line, and i think i got there in the end up. i had been keeping an eye on 2nd and 3rd place to see how much or little as the case was of what they were playing. i had been keeping an eye on haidyboy in 2nd since i reclaimed the top spot a few days back and i hadnt seen him at the tables at all. i thought the danger might have came from king2600 today but i never seen them about either other than lunchtime. til confirmation is released in the morning im taking nothing for granted.

so heres my final total for the month

c4p: 15 055

it is roughly what i thought it would take to be at the top at the start of the month. i thought min 14k maybe 16k would be the winning mark just because 16k was another level up on the payout tier for c4p.

time to kick back and not think about poker for a few hours, im a little gutted my flashy c4p widget has returned to the plain version now its a new month:(
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : VWP. Been railing and been good read.
    Posted by Glenelg
    cheers
  • edited November 2012
    Massive well done to you TinTin. I still reckon you will finish 1st in the Kings but regardless of where you finish, this has been an absolutely amazing effort. A great display of dedication and discipline to keep soldiering on no matter how hard it got. I'm sure you're gonna come away this month with a very nice profit and very likely the bragging rights of knowing you won the Kings of Cash without each touching 20NL. Very well played mate. Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    thanks mate. we will see in the morning if i got there.

too many ups and downs to note but im glad i never went higher than nl10 and i will still walk away with a decent result for my efforts
  • edited November 2012
    Congrats Tin.  Haidy ain't played for a few days.  The poor guy hit the wall.  I certainly know that feeling.

Do you think we will get any sort of promo this month?

Been along month, make sure you treat yourself!

• edited November 2012
    congrats on the grind i never knew how hard it was to get priority its been a log grind so for u to do it on 4 nl few months bk u deffo get my respect pal u deserve everything ya get i managed to get 13k in the end well happy nice lil bonus had a bad last few days losing £200 so this willcome in handy :)   welldone m8 run good at the tables
  • edited November 2012
    Congrats Tin.  Haidy ain't played for a few days.  The poor guy hit the wall.  I certainly know that feeling. Do you think we will get any sort of promo this month? Been along month, make sure you treat yourself!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    thanks, i wondered what happened to him.

i had an email from the priority about something they are running this month, same kinda thing but just for priority members, dont know if you received it or not but look out. its not something i will be taking up as i play too low.

dont know about treating myself, probably put some towards the kids xmas
  • edited November 2012
    congrats on the grind i never knew how hard it was to get priority its been a log grind so for u to do it on 4 nl few months bk u deffo get my respect pal u deserve everything ya get i managed to get 13k in the end well happy nice lil bonus had a bad last few days losing £200 so this willcome in handy :)   welldone m8 run good at the tables
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    thanks mate. you done well yourself. by all accounts you well surpassed anything you had reached before c4p wise.

you been running well, im sure the last couple of days is only just a blip and we all have them. well done on 13k
  • edited November 2012
    yeah its been a great month i cant complain i dnt even feel tilted tbh as its not really affected my roll only thing i can say been playing when tired which hasnt helped not putting my focus on the games just clicking buttons without much process n thought i may add 10 k was kings of cash 3 k was mtts frenzys etc i think so thats y im 16th :/ still a nice lil bonus tho

any aims targets next month have u seen the new cash leaderboard thing for next month u get a e mail ? having time of or str8 back on it playing higher cash or stick to the same ?
  • edited November 2012
    hi m8,
    i'll look in laters to see who's won 'king of cash'
    pretty sure you must have done it....
    'well played mate'
    i have just a little idea how you must be feeling....
    great and worn out must be close.
    day off today i'm thinking.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited November 2012

Its been a hard grinding month for a lot of people, welldone tintin on finishing on top.

• edited November 2012
    Well done on finishing top, great effort.
  • edited November 2012
    so the final table has been released and i hung on to top spot. it came as a little bit of a suprise as only a week ago i had gave up mentally and was only thinking about finishing 3rd at best.

it was a really long tough month and im sure a few others felt the same. thanks for all the messages of congrats and i would like to a say well done to all the others who pushed themselves and cashed also in this promotion. it certainly wasnt easy
  • edited November 2012
    very well done tintin  been up and down for u all month but u kept at it when the chips were down u got my respect  all the best and good luck
  • edited November 2012
    congrats on topping the leaderboard. 

what was your total winnings for the month...must  have been pretty sick

great effort
  • edited November 2012
    congrats on topping the leaderboard.  what was your total winnings for the month...must  have been pretty sick great effort
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    would love to say i had a winning month before bonuses but i didnt. i had my worst month in the last 18 months when it came to running bad.

i had a bad start to the month trying to play too many tables which cost me more than i would have liked. mounted a few recovries to get towards break even but each time i goty within sight it slipped backwards again.

not too sure the exact figure but it wasnt a big loss overall. the bonus n c4p turned it into a decent payday for the stakes i played
  • edited November 2012
    congratulations and celebrations...
    i want the world to know how happy i can be...
    congratulations and....
    well you know how that goes.

well done buddy...
    and to everyone else that cashed.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    congratulations and celebrations... i want the world to know how happy i can be... congratulations and.... well you know how that goes. well done buddy... and to everyone else that cashed. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    thanks a lot.
  • edited November 2012
    welldone m8 on finishing top u recieved any of the kings of cash or priority bonus yet ? i recieved kings of cash money but not priority that be later probs
  • edited November 2012
    welldone m8 on finishing top u recieved any of the kings of cash or priority bonus yet ? i recieved kings of cash money but not priority that be later probs
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    same here, didnt expect promo bonus today as i thought i read in t n c that it wuld be tomorrow, c4p shold drop in some time before 5
  • edited November 2012
    yeah they 2nd so bonus was today :)
  • edited November 2012
    very well played to make priority let alone is sick but to top the king of cash pffff

just a question u don't have to answer but did u soley do this from ur starting blance and the c4p u got. if so big props.

enjoy.
  • edited November 2012
    very well played to make priority let alone is sick but to top the king of cash pffff just a question u don't have to answer but did u soley do this from ur starting blance and the c4p u got. if so big props. enjoy.
    Posted by D_Legend
    i had to stick a little extra in because of the start i made. i deposited some around the 8th or 9th. this was mainly because my roll got way too skinny to maintain 12 tables and i never had much behind to top up should i lose a couple of buyins more than i already had. in the end i never touched my contingency it was just there to help ride out some of the ups and downs and help me play without too much fear of busting.
  • edited November 2012
    Well done mate fantastic achievement. You've earned yourself a rest and a few beers. Enjoy !
  • edited November 2012
    just on today noticed you finished top of kings of cash well done m8 gl this mth also.
  • edited November 2012
    well done m8
    very impressive grinding. i didn't do much the last week, had had enough and running bad. not a good combo
    good luck this month, especially with priority
  • edited November 2012
    Very well done.  Enjoy a rest.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks guys.

i did promise myself a day off/rest but i cant help myself. i do well on thursdays historically so ive sneeked in a couple of hours. well down on what i have been doing, you could call it a warm down after the marathon ive just completed:)))