You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    keep grinding tintin the pot at the end of the rainbow they say gl
  • edited October 2012
    another hour down another buyion down.i hold my hands up to this 1. theres was at least half a dozen pots from memeory i butchered.

time to sort myself out.

lack of happy hours is gonna cut my progress points wise.

c4p: 7900
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    keep grinding tintin the pot at the end of the rainbow they say gl
    Posted by scrumdown
    thats the only thing keeping me going atm. thanks
  • edited October 2012
    another small loss of less than a buyin, getting annoying n frustrating at same time. still a few hands im butchering. the lack of happy hours on standard tables today is really hindering progress in the points accumulation. i feel at a standstill, even after busting past 8000.

the session was almost a disaster bar the hand below. it was pretty much only hand i connected with n got paid all day. just glad a coolert went my way for a change.

c4p: 8038
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.02
    westyuk Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.80
     Your hole cards

wartic Call  £0.10 £0.25 £11.77
    Mariner10 Fold     
    boris1986 Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £7.27
    TINTIN Call  £0.45 £1.20 £16.57
    westyuk Call  £0.40 £1.60 £7.40
    wartic Call  £0.40 £2.00 £11.37
    Flop

TINTIN Check     
    westyuk Check     
    wartic Bet  £2.00 £4.00 £9.37
    boris1986 All-in  £7.27 £11.27 £0.00
    TINTIN Call  £7.27 £18.54 £9.30
    westyuk Fold     
    wartic All-in  £9.37 £27.91 £0.00
    TINTIN Call  £4.10 £32.01 £5.20
    TINTIN Show

wartic Show

boris1986 Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• K

River

TINTIN Win Three 9s £30.61  £35.81
  • edited October 2012
    hand above why cant that happen 2-3 times a day lol
  • edited October 2012
    hand above why cant that happen 2-3 times a day lol
    Posted by liamboi11
    if only lol

been punished for that hand tho, it was only a small gift
  • edited October 2012
    im done for the night early. bar the hand i posted earlier sweet F.A has went my way.

down another 2.5 BI taking me to minus 5 since i got up and if you include the 2 i lost in the early hours its 7 for the day. looks like those couple of small wins was only temporary.

im at the stage today where i cba to even moan, so til tomorrow

c4p: 8155
  • edited October 2012
    keep chin up m8 it will turn eventually just keep grindin those points it will be worth it at the end even if you have a break even or slight loss month.

• edited October 2012
    keep chin up m8 it will turn eventually just keep grindin those points it will be worth it at the end even if you have a break even or slight loss month.
    Posted by liamboi11
    breaking even is defo the target at the minute. i would happily snap you hand off for it just now. im not massively in the hole but it does get a little worrying if it continues
  • edited October 2012
    time for a rant.

sky changeds their happy hours this week which is their perogative so now there is only 2 full days where i can take advantage of points boosts. fair enough i will work around it i thought. i can add in an extra session when midnight strikes tonight and start taking advantage. well thats out the window.

we now have a full site outage. yes they are common and yes they have them during the week when traffic is lower but this isnt the common 3 hour outage its 10.5 hours which is the longest scheduled outage i can remember for a long while. it pretty much cuts in half the all day points boost that the lower ier was able to take advantage of.

guess this just highlights how bad im running even when i dont have 2 cards in front of me, back to the calculator now
  • edited October 2012

That is bad luck TT tbf.

If you had known about the differing HH promos on the 1st October, would you have gotten in so deep?

People have a go at people for moaning about promos but it's harsh that they keep moving the goalposts and making it harder. Think this moan is justified. 

• edited October 2012
    That is bad luck TT tbf. If you had known about the differing HH promos on the 1st October, would you have gotten in so deep? People have a go at people for moaning about promos but it's harsh that they keep moving the goalposts and making it harder. Think this moan is justified. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i dont think i would have been. there is certainly sessions i would have binned off or cut short.

i was always tackling a hard task, it just seems theres more obstacles thrown about. i did think i could have had a run at 20k but not now
  • edited October 2012
    I'm obviously wrong otherwise you wouldn't be moaning but I thought it would have been right up your street. Surely 20% extra all day, is better then 50% extra but only 3 hours of the day. For most people I think the 50% is better, but cos you play 24 hours a day lol, thought it would benefit you more. Although yeah the site outage is a bit rubbish for you and others.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm obviously wrong otherwise you wouldn't be moaning but I thought it would have been right up your street. Surely 20% extra all day, is better then 50% extra but only 3 hours of the day. For most people I think the 50% is better, but cos you play 24 hours a day lol, thought it would benefit you more. Although yeah the site outage is a bit rubbish for you and others.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i will be a lot worse off having it all day 2 days than having standard 3 per day over the 7 days even if i can throw in even longer sessions.

its going to take me 7.5 hours on a day i qualify for the happy hour just to equal the same as i would earn during the 3 standard hours. so if i play for my usual 10 hours i have gained 1 extra happy hour for that day. theres only 2 days i qualify at the stakes im playing so im looking at gaining 2 standard hours but im losing 5 days worth which is 15. so over the week im looking at losing 13 hours of extra points. this can equate to between 700-800 points which i would be short of normal.

edit: its having a bad effect these new happy hours, there hasnt been a nl8 table running today since i logged on at 10:30

even if i played every hour avail;able to me i still wouldnt earn the same plus having the outage has cut the hours by 25% roughly so there is no chance of even getting close to maing up half ofv it.

they have made this week sound super but it is masked that they are giving less away than normal. if they wanted to do something they should have done the extra couple of happy hours over a weekend where everyone can play each day like they did over the jubilee weekend
  • edited October 2012
    morning session as before, small loss. not much else to say. im only going to wind myself up.

c4p: 8278
  • edited October 2012
    Have you ever thought about.. i dunno.. maybe just playing to win money rather than points?
  • edited October 2012
    Have you ever thought about.. i dunno.. maybe just playing to win money rather than points?
    Posted by CrazyBen23

enough with the absurdities!...NEEED POINTTTSSSSZZZZzzzzzz
  • edited October 2012
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..TINTIN: "i did think i could have had a run at 20k but not now"

This was always going to be a near on impossible task.

Ive read your diary's for a while and always find them intresting but your obsessions with rakeback seems silly, your losing money. You have to start looking more at your game, playing 10 hours a day means that you surely cant be playing optimally can it? 

cut down your hours/tables focus more..SLEEP MORE and start stringing winning sessions together rather than letting your C4p put you slightly into the profit for the month. surely its not rewarding dropping 2 buy ins but then saying oo look an extra 300 points. 

constuctive critisism here to help sir!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : enough with the absurdities!...NEEED POINTTTSSSSZZZZzzzzzz
    Posted by sikas
    win money for month, rakeback nice bonus, half of sky got it other way around
  • edited October 2012
    It's very obvious playing more tables hits your win rate, add in the fact that only recently you have stepped up to nl10 - then I think you can see a trend - also you have only recenlty moved from 6 to 12 tables

I know nl4-nl10 is not a big jump but there is a slight adjustment

profit is greater than c4p

but SKY moving goalposts is annoying )

I have to say from my own perpective, the change in my performance from last month to this month is quite drastic at nl10 tbh - I have moved to 6 to 9 to 12 tables in a very short space of time and my play is not great ) God knows how I am still in profit for the month !

don't let the c4p race bog you down, no one is going to catch you anyway m8 - chill

• edited October 2012
    To be fair, I think it's a bit harsh all moaning about TINTIN with the RB thing. 20k was definitely acheivable imo, obviously it wasn't gonna be easy, but it's not easy to make priority (10K) from 6tabling 10NL and he did that, and now he's playing 12 tables.

Yes profit is better than C4P generally, but it's not like he only plays for C4P, he's obviously going through a bad patch, I've seen TINTIN be up 100+ BIs in one month in profits and the C4P is obv a bonus. He's just going through a bad patch at the moment, but is still on to make about £1000 RB which is 100BIs @ his level of 10NL which is a pretty good month by anyone's standards!

Yeah I deffo wouldn't worry about anyone catching you lol, you're probably not far off (if you aren't already there) a winning points tally and still got half a month to go. People will slack off now they've burnt out. For instance, look at the volume IDCU is playing compared to the 1st week of the month... most people just can't keep it up for a whole month.

Profit is obviously better, but if you play DYMs (for instance) or put in sick volume, then it's a massive mistake to underestimate how good rakeback can be, and how the rakeback can help you still pull out a winning month when variance has smacked you in the face.
  • edited October 2012
    Oh and on the other point I made before TINTIN, I didn't realise that they were dropping the normal happy hours on all the other days. Thought it would be like 20% all day but still keep the 50% at normal happy hour times. Yeah I can see how that is rubbish.

To be honest, I can't see how it benefits anyone really.
  • edited October 2012

session update first before i post some replies.

played a longer session than normal, mainly because i was playing better than i have been the last few sessions and i felt more focused on things in hand. had a typical hand early where i ran the Ace flush into a straight flush. managed to turn things around and picked up a few pots where my sets were holding v flush draws which was a welcome change. i wiped out the small losses from earlier and posted a winning session not just for tonight but for the day, finished just over 4 BI up on the day.

c4p: 8600

• edited October 2012
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    yes.
  • edited October 2012
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..TINTIN:  "i did think i could have had a run at 20k but not now" This was always going to be a near on impossible task. Ive read your diary's for a while and always find them intresting but your obsessions with rakeback seems silly, your losing money. You have to start looking more at your game, playing 10 hours a day means that you surely cant be playing optimally can it?  cut down your hours/tables focus more..SLEEP MORE and start stringing winning sessions together rather than letting your C4p put you slightly into the profit for the month. surely its not rewarding dropping 2 buy ins but then saying oo look an extra 300 points.  constuctive critisism here to help sir!
    Posted by bolly580
    20k was an optimistic target and in a perfect world i dont believe it was beyond the realms of possibility. i would disagree with you saying im obsessed with rakeback, i have always made more from winnings each month than what i earn thru the c4p system at whatever level i play at. this month has been slightly different tho..

i agree i need to look more in depth at spots im going wrong, i do look over my hands and i know what things i need to adjust and what needs more work at. im actually playing less hours in a day now than i have been at anytime over the last year. 10 hours is the most ive put in in any day. what did cause me problems and i admitted earlier in the thread was the nuimber of tables. i was trying 12 and i found out after a few days that this wasnt the best idea and a lot of my losses came from this. i did think i was starting to turn things around at the weekend but i know a few things have crept back in. stringing a few results together is vital and thats my main aim just now.
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN

don't listen to the doubters - great challange - go for it

sure - you might be playing suboptimal - I have for every forum challenge I've set myself - but that's not the point for this type of challenge - is it?

It's about stretching yourself and seeing if you can cope. And fine, if you can't then back off - but not just because you're playing below your best.

And the great thing is, after the challenge when you go back to your regular play, surprise, surprise it seems so much easier.

So run better, and glgl, and unless it hurts too much - just go for it.
  • edited October 2012
    It's very obvious playing more tables hits your win rate, add in the fact that only recently you have stepped up to nl10 - then I think you can see a trend - also you have only recenlty moved from 6 to 12 tables I know nl4-nl10 is not a big jump but there is a slight adjustment profit is greater than c4p but SKY moving goalposts is annoying ) I have to say from my own perpective, the change in my performance from last month to this month is quite drastic at nl10 tbh - I have moved to 6 to 9 to 12 tables in a very short space of time and my play is not great ) God knows how I am still in profit for the month ! don't let the c4p race bog you down, no one is going to catch you anyway m8 - chill
    Posted by rancid
    i've ditched trying to run 12 tables and stick to 9 or 10 at most now, i freely admit my game suffered badly with 12. i feel more comfortable with the number im playing now and wont be pushing the number up anytime soon.

i had a decent win rate when 6 tabling so we need to see how this goes 9 tabling, should the trend continue and it doesnt turn around then another couple of tables wil be dropped.

i didnt jump straight from 6 to 12 i did go upto 8 n 9 for a couple of weeks before trying out 12 before this month started
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN don't listen to the doubters - great challange - go for it sure - you might be playing suboptimal - I have for every forum challenge I've set myself - but that's not the point for this type of challenge - is it? It's about stretching yourself and seeing if you can cope. And fine, if you can't then back off - but not just because you're playing below your best. And the great thing is, after the challenge when you go back to your regular play, surprise, surprise it seems so much easier. So run better, and glgl, and unless it hurts too much - just go for it.
    Posted by GELDY

this is hilarious
  • edited October 2012
    played the usual 3 hours this morning, played ok certainly better than i have been in recent days but could only muster a break even. i did have a bad 10 mins where i made a couple of loose calls where previously in the session i was folding with ease and these have cost me from booking a win. got my head back in the game and clawed the silly 10 mins back.

i need to put more sessions together where im playing better and sure results will start to follow. i will be back on later.

c4p: 8823
  • edited October 2012
    a couple of mmixed sessions tonight. the first session started with me on the receiving end of a couple of coolers that put me on the back foot straight away, wasnt able to get them back before stopping for a break.

the second session went a little better, lost a little to begin with before i got a few back got to about break even then lost a few silly litle pots towards the end. knew it was time to call it quits for the night when they happened, unfortunately those silly little pots put me a little down on the day.

im not making as many errors as before but theres still a few there, need to work on it some more.

c4p: 9279