You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    played a short session, nowt much to report. broke even. only just over an hour before i had to nip to the shops.

will be back on later. saturday afternoons arent for poker, soccer saturday time.

c4p: 10 155
  • edited October 2012
    just not feeling it tonight, tried a little but its just not happening, got a little in front then lost it, so im level for the day. gonna settle down watch a film or something. maybe the months exersions have caught up on me a little today.

c4p: 10 301
  • edited October 2012
    dont you just love sundays.

had to get up early because the son was going out for the day,
    went to wash up breakfast dishes and the sink blocked, had to remove the u bend etc under the bloomin sink
    oh and im down to 2nd on todays kings list. just shows it was closer than anybody thought even though i passed 10k

the day can only get better
  • edited October 2012
    hi mate,
    been keepin an eye on things.
    no time to be messin about washin dishes and un-blockin sinks & things....
    get back 'grinding'
    "you know it's what u do best"  lols

only 11 more days to go....
    that's 264 hours or
    15,840 mins.
    "it'll soon pass"  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
    ps;think about what Serena Williams says;"1st is 1st...second is nowhere"  lol
  • edited October 2012
    if u are going to take this down tintin me thinks ur going have to move up the stakes to 10 and 20p like u say its going to be very close
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    if u are going to take this down tintin me thinks ur going have to move up the stakes to 10 and 20p like u say its going to be very close
    Posted by scrumdown
    +1

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by scrumdown
    i half expected it tbh.

i hardly played yesterday coupled with the fact nl20 had a boost al day on points certainly showed.
    i wont be stepping up trrying to chase an extra £50 where i could do untold damage to my roll at a level ive never played. i will plod as as usual and see where i am in a week
  • edited October 2012
    tbh tintin played most levels on here up 50p and 100 think your game u will walk over 10p 20p only thing is do u think ur out of your comfort zone gl keep at it
  • edited October 2012
    tbh tintin played most levels on here up 50p and 100 think your game u will walk over 10p 20p only thing is do u think ur out of your comfort zone gl keep at it
    Posted by scrumdown
    it would defo be out of my comfort zone and i just wouldnt feel comfortable at the mminute. maybe an attempt might be tried soon once this promo is finished and the tables arent so reg heavy.
  • edited October 2012
    good luck Tintin! Just had a look for you and saw you double up AQ vs AK all in on a AQx board. Serious achievement to be where you are in the leaderboard playing 10nl. Do you ever play 20nl?
  • edited October 2012
    good luck Tintin! Just had a look for you and saw you double up AQ vs AK all in on a AQx board. Serious achievement to be where you are in the leaderboard playing 10nl. Do you ever play 20nl?
    Posted by daragh1980
    never played nl20, flit between nl4 n nl10 most of the time
  • edited October 2012
    an all round rubbish day, so much so im done for the night, guess the tone was set with the disasterous start to the day in the home life lol. had a lot of sick outdraws and spewed some myself from a little spell of semi tilt that occured earl;ier in the day. not happy with myself for that. won a couple of pots but not enough of them.

im really questioning wether its worth carrying on. i wont overtake haidyboy as they seem to be putting just as much volume in as i have been lately if not more and with the added points at nl20 then its an alomost impossible task. its now down to how far are the chasers behind me.

i need to think a few things thru. i know i can post a competitive points tally even if i drop to nl4 for the rest of the month. would it be good enough for 2nd, 3rd or even 4th im not sure.

i am starting to get fed up of the current trend im on.

c4p: 10 737
  • edited October 2012
    this is an amazing diary true inspiration to people dreaming big and using the fact they play low stakes hold them back great work mate keep it up
  • edited October 2012
    well this morning has been ok, went on a little run of cards where at 1 point i was holding AA AA KK KK at the same time on 4 of the 10 tables i had up, more miraculous i won with all 4 gaining 3 stacks in the process. this morning has made up for yesterday so hopefully i can carry it thru to later.

c4p: 10 940
  • edited October 2012
    well this morning has been ok, went on a little run of cards where at 1 point i was holding AA AA KK KK at the same time on 4 of the 10 tables i had up, more miraculous i won with all 4 gaining 3 stacks in the process. this morning has made up for yesterday so hopefully i can carry it thru to later. c4p: 10 940
    Posted by TINTIN
    I only play 5/6, but occasionally have sets or huge hands on 2/3 at once, I really panic. 

By the river, it's often a marginal spot on 1 table, if I've just won 1 buy in on the other table I might fold. If I've just had my aces cracked, I'll prob make a bad call. 

Really terrible methodology for decision making! ;)

I'll often hesitate and time down all the way on all streets on 1 table to make sure the hand on the other table finishes first so I know the result.

I should give this game up! lol 

edit, while all this is going on I'm obviously missing loads of +ev spots on other tables too. so bad. And this is only 5/6 tabling.
  • edited October 2012
    glad today has gone better than y/day mate.
    keep grinding..even 2nd or 3rd is a great result,all things considered.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    lolz of multi tabling -

I have misread my hands on numerous occasion across 12 tables, best one was all in with set of 5's - but it was not a set it was 56 - luckily oppo folded :D

Not to mention the notorious A4 nightmare !

run good TINTIN

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : I only play 5/6, but occasionally have sets or huge hands on 2/3 at once, I really panic.  By the river, it's often a marginal spot on 1 table, if I've just won 1 buy in on the other table I might fold. If I've just had my aces cracked, I'll prob make a bad call.  Really terrible methodology for decision making! ;) I'll often hesitate and time down all the way on all streets on 1 table to make sure the hand on the other table finishes first so I know the result. I should give this game up! lol  edit, while all this is going on I'm obviously missing loads of +ev spots on other tables too. so bad. And this is only 5/6 tabling.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it does get on top of you at times when involved with 2 or 3 big hands at same time, luckily earleir 3 of those played themselves. i had to call an allin shove from utg for £8 when im sitting on bb with AA. the other AA was 3bet n 4bet pre same with KK. the other KK waas the only one i had to play down the strets only to river a K on a AAxx board.

when these situations occur im happy to time out on other tables as long as ive seen i have junk hands, i prob miss a few +ev spots during these times but i guess it goes with the territory a little.
  • edited October 2012
    glad today has gone better than y/day mate. keep grinding..even 2nd or 3rd is a great result,all things considered. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    thanks mate, yes today has been 100x better than the last few days. i would be happy to hold onto 2nd if i can, i do concede 1st is out of reach as haidyboy is putting in the same if not more hours than myself and i just wont be able to make ground on him, wp played to him
  • edited October 2012
    lolz of multi tabling - I have misread my hands on numerous occasion across 12 tables, best one was all in with set of 5's - but it was not a set it was 56 - luckily oppo folded :D Not to mention the notorious A4 nightmare ! run good TINTIN
    Posted by rancid
    i very rarely misread my hand but on the occasions i do 65 is a common one i misread along with 86 thinking i have a pair. i still play on the 2 colour deck so i shock myself i dont make more misreads when it comes to flushes:)
  • edited October 2012
    another decent session down, another win to aid the recovery. i cant remember too many hands from it of note bar the usual big on big.

back on soon after a short break.

c4p: 11 125
  • edited October 2012
    the tables were shocking tonight, not in the sense i lost big but with so many people nitting up. got caught on a couple of tables that went reg full and tried to get away from them some i managed to get away from others i stayed around. even when i found a table with only 1 or 2 regs they stil seemed to be so tight.

i lost just over a buyin for the session and thats mainly because i got fed up and ran QQ into AA on a low board other than that i won some small pots and lost some small pots.

quite pleased overall about the day as i posted a decent win,

c4p: 11 306
  • edited October 2012
    another half decent morning. i was unable to carry on thru the happy hour due to a delivery arriving at the house that needed to be dealt with straight away.

anyway got paid in a few spots this morning resulting in 3.5 buyins up. dont know if missing happy hour was a blessing or not. would like some more of this later on.

c4p: 11 430
  • edited October 2012

half decetn morning, rank rotten early evening session. not a lot i could do different. major losses were flopped set of queens v turned straight, AK vQQ aipf and top 2 pair v bottom set. all standard tbh, played a couple of smaller pots where i didnt do too well including a daft bluff, thankfully its not wiped out all of this mornings efforts, just most of it lol.

c4p: 11 557

• edited October 2012
    i thought tonight session might have been a good one when i won a £34 pot minutes after sitting down at the tables, i was totaly wrong. safe to say not many winning hands came my way of any value after that occurance. i just kept walking into bigger and bigger and bigger. seemed never ending.

i did spew a total bluff v a reg and got busted then completely donked off a buyin when opponent hits a turned straight, time to stand.

after a good start to the day i managed to turn it right round and ended down a couple of buyins. no doubt when i look back i could pick fault with a lot of my hands.

just when i thought i was heading in the right direction again i get a rude awakening.

c4p: 11 754
  • edited October 2012
    not much to say only thng i will say it didnt go well this morning, gutshot after gutshot hit. dropped a few buyins.

c4p: 11 902
  • edited October 2012
    not much to say only thng i will say it didnt go well this morning, gutshot after gutshot hit. dropped a few buyins. c4p: 11 902
    Posted by TINTIN
    the doom switches are going around then
    doen 3 buyins today - set v set, trips K kicker v trips A kicker, etcetera. rate it is going it will be the 2nd loss month on the trot. we'll see
    the grind you've done is very impressive m8 especially as you started at nl4.
    just got to keep going or take a day off
    good luck
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : the doom switches are going around then doen 3 buyins today - set v set, trips K kicker v trips A kicker, etcetera. rate it is going it will be the 2nd loss month on the trot. we'll see the grind you've done is very impressive m8 especially as you started at nl4. just got to keep going or take a day off good luck
    Posted by walesboy
    ive seen a lot these last few days and its not just me thats getting them at the tables ive been sat at. theres only a few days left so i will just plod on til then, i will have a well deserved beer or 12 on the 1st:)
  • edited October 2012
    a little better this evening so far, clawed a little back altho i did fear the worst when i had a 60bb stack allin on a QTT6r board with KK v QJ only for the Q to river.

got a free look at a flop with J5o only for it to flop JJ5. better still the value at the table, who had previously been shoving his stack pre relentlessly, decides to take a flyer at it. a 9 on the turn and i get his stack with a check raise. thought i may have to dodge a couple of cards to stop them housing up but i was safe as the showed 92o. i wish all pots were like that

thru the 12k barrier now.

c4p: 12 005
  • edited October 2012
    the mini recovery i was on for the day blew up. finished back where i was after lunchtime today.

i was doing ok but 1 hand seemed to turn it all bad. i ran set of 8s into a set of jacks then i strruggled to have a hand hold, the last straw was bluffing a hand i could have gave up long before it cost me too much. time to call it a night.

c4p: 12 235