You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    break or bed time, im not sure yet. been a good day so far. up a few buyins overall altho i did donk a couple off there in my last session. also earned a fair few points today despite only playing nl4 for half the 1st happy hour.

i think the tables are going to be mental at the weekends, must have been pushing on 20 tables going at nl10, i was sat on 12 for the most part and there was still the mastercash n deepstack tables that i wasnt near. it certainly the most i can remeber seeing especially recently.

anyway now to decide what to do, ive already played 10 hours today, dont want to burning out

c4p: 1645
  • edited October 2012
    played for half an hour there, going to bed would have been the better option. time to log off before tilt take over, ruined most my good work from earlier, not happy more at myself than anything else
  • edited October 2012
    got a 4.5 hour session in so far today, taking a break for soccer saturday, and things went well to start, got a few buyins in front then happy hour approach n i ran into a couple of monsters, kk v aa qq v aa where i lost stacks, but still ended the session in front by a couple of BI.

i got a fair few points but then i did start most of the tables as when i logged on at 9:30 there wasnt a single nl10 table running, even had to play the couple of nl8 tables that were running to tide me over.

anyway now past the 2k mark and the latest leaderboard shows me up to 7th and im sure all but 1 above me are playing exclusivley nl20 so still playing catch up.

c4p: 2002
  • edited October 2012
    another 2 hours down and its turning into the rollercoaster show. i cant string 2 winning sesions together, what i moved in front this morning went in that session. it seems to be when happy hour is about to start the doom switch appears. i did play 1 hand sooooo bad i got what i deserved. i got lucky early doors when i flopped a set of jacks v kings so i cant say its all going against me but 2 or 3 winning sessions back to back would be nice if only for a confidence boost

c4p: 2204
  • edited October 2012
    Your points are beginning to increase at much more of a rapid rate...
  • edited October 2012
    You scared King??????

i am.

a little
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    You scared King?????? i am. a little
    Posted by percival09
    Yep.

A lot.
  • edited October 2012
    You should be... TINTIN always had this comp sewn up.
  • edited October 2012
    Your points are beginning to increase at much more of a rapid rate...
    Posted by KING2600
    yeah im not on nl4 anymore, up to 3 points per 20 hands now im at nl10 instead of 1. it makes a huge difference
  • edited October 2012
    You scared King?????? i am. a little
    Posted by percival09
    im still playing catch up so i wouldnt worry too much just now:)

only yourselves know how close i am to you, im in the dark here
  • edited October 2012
    You should be... TINTIN always had this comp sewn up.
    Posted by Lambert180
    long way to go mate n im still grinding a skinny roll, a few bad days and i will be stepping aside
  • edited October 2012
    m8....am i a seriously poor cash playe??r....be brutally honest if need be, I have lost 8 buy ins in 3 sessions.

I dont know how much attention you have been paying to my game as we havent crossed swords a great deal, but you are obv a very good cash player....i'm quite new to the cash tables but not sure whether I should give it up as a bad job.

I seem to run up a decent stack then run KK into AA etc....any advice?
  • edited October 2012
    just a standard swing

down 6 buy ins myself today.. but still up a lot this month

ya know its not gonna be good when you get 1 outered 5 mins into ya first session, prob clowned off 4 buy ins though need to review it
  • edited October 2012
    its easy to hate this game. had an hour from 8 til 9 and done ok where i manged to get a little in front on the day (again) then back to the tables for 10. win a buyin at table number 1 within the first 2 minutes then everything went downhill. i dont think i even threatened to win a big hand. the happy hour doomswitch certainly didnt help matters. at 11:02 i ran KK into AA for the 5th time today and at 11:03 i ran KK into AA for the 6th time. ive never ran kings into aces as often as i have done these last 2 days, there was at least 3 times yesterday i can remember that the scenario arose and theres only been twice ive been on the opposite side of the coup. you could say being 1.5 BI down for the day is ok considering but we all want it going up not down

im calling it quits for the night, i think im all pokered out for the day, ive earned around 850 points today but im making no progress BR wise which is very frustrating and if i stick around i can see another repeat of last night happening and thats the last thing needed.

wonder where i creep into on the leaderboard on the morning

c4p: 2506
  • edited October 2012
    just a standard swing down 6 buy ins myself today.. but still up a lot this month ya know its not gonna be good when you get 1 outered 5 mins into ya first session, prob clowned off 4 buy ins though need to review it
    Posted by NColley
    yeah gotta be honest and say a couple of buyins were due to poor play....it's just frustrating as the weekends are supposed to be easy money!!! lol

having said that there are a load of regs playing due to this promo
  • edited October 2012
    m8....am i a seriously poor cash playe??r....be brutally honest if need be, I have lost 8 buy ins in 3 sessions. I dont know how much attention you have been paying to my game as we havent crossed swords a great deal, but you are obv a very good cash player....i'm quite new to the cash tables but not sure whether I should give it up as a bad job. I seem to run up a decent stack then run KK into AA etc....any advice?
    Posted by waller02
    see above post of my review and you will get an idea of things. they can be swingy to say the least.

i dont think im qualified to rate many peoples play as i know im not even a good player myself, i would say im average at best just good enough to win some at the micros.

losing 8 buyins in 3 sessions isnt disasterous as ive done worse on many occasions, the main things is being rolled to ride it out. i would percivere with tbh but if you aint having much joy at the minute then step down a level. from what ive played versus yourself you should be able to do ok at it and better after getting some more experience. it took me around 6 attempts of playing this level to get something to stick and its all about tweaking your game til you find something that suits you.

as for running KK into AA. i feel you pain, ive experienced too many times today but theres absolutley nothing any of us can do about it except go broke
  • edited October 2012
    time to offer up a prayer or ten to the poker gods.

can i have AA v KK pweeeeese
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : see above post of my review and you will get an idea of things. they can be swingy to say the least. i dont think im qualified to rate many peoples play as i know im not even a good player myself, i would say im average at best just good enough to win some at the micros. losing 8 buyins in 3 sessions isnt disasterous as ive done worse on many occasions, the main things is being rolled to ride it out. i would percivere with tbh but if you aint having much joy at the minute then step down a level. from what ive played versus yourself you should be able to do ok at it and better after getting some more experience. it took me around 6 attempts of playing this level to get something to stick and its all about tweaking your game til you find something that suits you. as for running KK into AA. i feel you pain, ive experienced too many times today but theres absolutley nothing any of us can do about it except go broke
    Posted by TINTIN
    ah right...i disagree with you being average at best though....ur too modest. I am rolled for 10nl...4nl bores me tbh, too much of a grind for little reward.

I will see how the land lies at the end of the month.

ty for taking the time to reply and I hope you top the leaderboard come the end of the month :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : ah right...i disagree with you being average at best though....ur too modest. I am rolled for 10nl...4nl bores me tbh, too much of a grind for little reward. I will see how the land lies at the end of the month. ty for taking the time to reply and I hope you top the leaderboard come the end of the month :)
    Posted by waller02
    take it day by day mate, if it continues for a long time then re assess, but dont worry too much about it. i won 8 buyins in my first 2 sessions yesterday and ive donated them back. easy come easy go as they say. i havent strung 2 winning session together since. i really need them to cxome soon.

i hope im top of the leaderboard too come the end of the month so thanks but theres many bumps in the road to be manouvered and im not entirely sure yet if i will last the course
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN seriously get out and see some stuff )

• edited October 2012
    Posted by rancid
    you can do one m8....I aint playing any more hands with you...enjoy my 20 quid :)
  • edited October 2012
    cash poker is forgiven............

waller0201£467.50 + £134.98 Head Prizes10£37.49

sorry for invading with a brag but feeling GOOD (and drunk)
  • edited October 2012
    cash poker is forgiven............ waller02 0 1 £467.50 + £134.98 Head Prizes 10 £37.49 sorry for invading with a brag but feeling GOOD (and drunk)
    Posted by waller02
    nice one, well one
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by rancid
    haha, whats outside? :)
  • edited October 2012
    after day 6 i have jumped up to 4th. closing in on the top but still need a few good days
  • edited October 2012
    m8....am i a seriously poor cash playe??r....be brutally honest if need be, I have lost 8 buy ins in 3 sessions. I dont know how much attention you have been paying to my game as we havent crossed swords a great deal, but you are obv a very good cash player....i'm quite new to the cash tables but not sure whether I should give it up as a bad job. I seem to run up a decent stack then run KK into AA etc....any advice?
    Posted by waller02
    yes,fold them.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
    ps; sorry,just couldn't resist that 1.
  • edited October 2012
    I see you are up to 4th, nice one.

I think it will be a challenge knocking percival off top spot....and then there is rancid on a mission too.

gl m8
  • edited October 2012
    I see you are up to 4th, nice one. I think it will be a challenge knocking percival off top spot....and then there is rancid on a mission too. gl m8
    Posted by waller02
    yep they were always going to be the main dangers and they are also playing the level above me, so it makes it doubley hard, but its all part of the fun. i also have the disadvantage of them knowing how far ahead of me they actually are so i might stop posting my points total in a few days time. im happy where i amjust now but there is an awfully long way to go, i would take a top 3 right now if im honest
  • edited October 2012
    got another 3 hours in so far, its mirroring the last few days where i have got a couple of BI in front, now to see what happens the rest of the day. fingers crossed it goes the way i would like it to.

the happy hour doom switch almost reared its ugly head again. i 4 bet AsKd and got called for about 40% of villians stack. flop 3 spades so i got the villian in, of course they flopped a flush holding 6s3s. thankfully for me another spade came on the river.

anyway its mid afternoon break time.

c4p: 2758
  • edited October 2012
    got another 3 hours in so far, its mirroring the last few days where i have got a couple of BI in front, now to see what happens the rest of the day. fingers crossed it goes the way i would like it to. the happy hour doom switch almost reared its ugly head again. i 4 bet AsKd and got called for about 40% of villians stack. flop 3 spades so i got the villian in, of course they flopped a flush holding 6s3s. thankfully for me another spade came on the river. anyway its mid afternoon break time. c4p: 2758
    Posted by TINTIN
    well that never happened now did it. this story is getting boring now. what i got in front this morning is away again all bar £1. once again the major damage done in the happy hour. wish the doom switch would just get to ****. i know there was a couple of hands i butchered, tptk into set where i could have slowed down turn and not comitted myself and shoving queens into aces, but when i get the real loose players in pre i cant hold, AK<AJ KK<JJ AA<88.

i cant break this cycle. win a session lose a session win a session lose a session. think im gonna go punch something. im getting a little frustrated.

c4p: 2983