You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    i give up........ well for today anyway.

another rotten session, wont go into it this would turn into an awful rant. good news now, i only lost 1.5 buyins for the day, i really dont know how. i stuck at the min going nowhere fast. i had been hoping to win a little more than i have but cant have it all ways ive got to be happy especially after the way im playing. another few points in the bag is about the only good thing to come out of today.

c4p:849
  • edited October 2012
    doing well on the c4p tin tin for 4 nl im only 200 ahead of u and i been playing 20 nl 4 tables for about 10 hrs today lol u must be putting alot of hrs in and tables good luck tho u should get top 10 easy m8 :) im only 3 days in feeling it after each nite and find it hard to slleep till an hour after i finish got cards going round in my head lol
  • edited October 2012
    well done on the c4p so far tintin i just started playing this month today so hopefully catch up with some others in the kings of cash was only playin 4/8nl but when get c4p i will be playin 10nl which will give me a wee boost in the next few weeks.

gl at tables m8
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    well done on the c4p so far tintin i just started playing this month today so hopefully catch up with some others in the kings of cash was only playin 4/8nl but when get c4p i will be playin 10nl which will give me a wee boost in the next few weeks. gl at tables m8
    Posted by liamboi11
    cheers mate and good luck to yourself. im the same im waiting on last months c4p before im able to get onto the nl10 tables. it will give me a start but for me, what i will have, is a bit on the skinny side but if i get decent start then im good
  • edited October 2012
    doing well on the c4p tin tin for 4 nl im only 200 ahead of u and i been playing 20 nl 4 tables for about 10 hrs today lol u must be putting alot of hrs in and tables good luck tho u should get top 10 easy m8 :) im only 3 days in feeling it after each nite and find it hard to slleep till an hour after i finish got cards going round in my head lol
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    im still above you on the latest leaderboard, guess theres a few hundred points in your total that come from tourneys n frenzies, or maybe playing higher?????? noticed your name on the mid stakes leaderboard.

the last few days ive been 12 tabling nl4 for around the same hours as yourself and like yourself i need an hour to unwind after playing for so long. i catch up on all the latest sport stories on my phone before i can doze off
  • edited October 2012
    yeah lol am i bad i play frenzys and mtts alot forgot to count them in it :/ be playing alot today to secure top 10 :)
  • edited October 2012
    looked at the latest leaderboard and im holding firm in 8th. im happy with that
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN can i just ask why you change your game at NL10?

your bet sizing seems to be different, any reason for this? you finding not so many light calls?
  • edited October 2012
    jjdghhgsdghsdjlgskldsghsdgkdlghgsogsmlkzk;af

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this game can be so infuriating at times. if i thought yesterday was bad then it was nothing like this mornings. everything that could go wrong did. 1st hand of the day set the tone. aces on bb get it pre v 55 only for the 5s to bink a set on the river, recovered from that then got inot so many bad situations where i was always gonna lose. net result down 7 buyins, not happy to say the least. i know there was quite a few times where i got it in behind like kings v a set on flop but most of them played them selves. i did make 2 tilty plays that didnt help me either. there is little good news to take from this session, ive dropped back under starting figure, i really need c4p early (hint hint sky).

the session was so bad i even had to stop halfway thru happy hour, if i hadnt i think i would be broke

c4p:938
  • edited October 2012
    TINTIN can i just ask why you change your game at NL10? your bet sizing seems to be different, any reason for this? you finding not so many light calls?
    Posted by Pipunch
    i was donking off so much money playing the same way as at nl4, i found fewer light calls and i was just burning money i didnt have to. i adapted my game slightly and found some success, wether its right or not i still need to put it to the test over a longer period.
  • edited October 2012
    another session like before, down 5 buyins again at 1 point and had everything on the tables (not good brm) but turned it around and started eating into this mornings debacle. now only stuck 4 buyins on the day. it was a rollercoaster 2 hours, the first i couldnt win a hand then the nxt i managed to get hands to hold. think the turning point was when i binked a J for a set v AA v QQ. grateful for the bit of luck thats been avoiding me all day. broke thru the 1k mark so entry for freeroll is now available to me just need to remember when registration opens.

quick break and back to it.

c4p:1013
  • edited October 2012
    its officially the day from hell. im almost certain ive had enough for the day, dont want to miss the last happy hour but i think it might be best if i do. im not even going into things as theres just no point. another hour another loss.

c4p: 1041
  • edited October 2012

hi m8

i know u r after c4p but i would be dropping back to nl4

gl
    dev

• edited October 2012
    hi m8 i know u r after c4p but i would be dropping back to nl4 gl dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I may be wrong, but I think he still is at 4NL until he gets his C4P payment tomorrow.

Just keeping chipping away TinTin, you're a player who completely crushes 4NL and with the volume you put in, things can and probably will look completely different by the end of tomorrow. Just keep your head.
  • edited October 2012
    Any one getting a lot of lag? Almost every time I open 10+ tables I get so much. sigh
  • edited October 2012
    The lag for me is always terrible.  7 tables max - tilts me soo badly
  • edited October 2012
    hi m8 i know u r after c4p but i would be dropping back to nl4 gl dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    hello mate, i hope things are well with you

the points total may noy suggest it but i am at nl4. lambert180 was correct i was waiting til today for c4p before attempting any higher
  • edited October 2012
    Any one getting a lot of lag? Almost every time I open 10+ tables I get so much. sigh
    Posted by percival09
    im experiencing a little when i have 1 tables open. coz i have a little overlap on my tables the 1 requirring action isnt popping to front as it should leaving me to time out from time to time. its nothing major and nothing like i was experiencing with my old system where 6 tables could cause major lag
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : I may be wrong, but I think he still is at 4NL until he gets his C4P payment tomorrow. Just keeping chipping away TinTin, you're a player who completely crushes 4NL and with the volume you put in, things can and probably will look completely different by the end of tomorrow. Just keep your head.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i know mate, its just varience really. i was always gonna lose yesterday no matter what i did. i did play bad and did tilt in places or the losses wouldnt have been as much. the last straw last night was when i was 1 outered when holding a flush n the card dropped to give opponent the straight flush. most of the rest was just bad situation like holding kings and  on a safeish looking board and the other had flopped sets etc where im always losing some money in these spots.

todays a new day n all that
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : hello mate, i hope things are well with you the points total may noy suggest it but i am at nl4. lambert180 was correct i was waiting til today for c4p before attempting any higher
    Posted by TINTIN
    sorry m8,i wasn't sure.
    just thought that if you were still at nl10,might be a good idea.

anyway,as u say,it's a new day today,so be positive and good luck.

i'm good m8,won £97.50 from a £60 free bet on Europe to win Ryder Cup @ 13/8 thanks to football freerolls and also had my best ever DYM win last night £62.25,(crazy session...still playing £3 + 3x£2 games,won 41/53)so b/roll is now back up to £790 with todays c4p to come.(£33.16)
    (not bad considering it was at £569 on 27/9/12.)

be lucky TINTIN
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : sorry m8,i wasn't sure. just thought that if you were still at nl10,might be a good idea. anyway,as u say,it's a new day today,so be positive and good luck. i'm good m8,won £97.50 from a £60 free bet on Europe to win Ryder Cup @ 13/8 thanks to football freerolls and also had my best ever DYM win last night £62.25,(crazy session...still playing £3 + 3x£2 games,won 41/53)so b/roll is now back up to £790 with todays c4p to come.(£33.16) (not bad considering it was at £569 on 27/9/12.) be lucky TINTIN (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    nice bit of binkage mate, keep it up.

yesterday was just a bad day all round, played bad , ran bad they arent a good mix. its forgot about now those ndays happen we just hope we dont string them together over a short period of time.

onwards and upwards
  • edited October 2012
    a short session this morning where i racked up another 60 points, lost another buyin taking me to just over £10 down since start of the month. i was in front by a few buyins after monday so it is a little stinging but these swings happen.

im eagerly awaiting c4p payment. think this is the latest time of the day that it hasnt been paid by or being a typical poker player i have selective memory.

c4p: 1106
  • edited October 2012
    tin big props to u for doing this 4nl is a tough place, not to beat but the bad beat u get given pfff real test of tilt control all the best on ur chagle btw was ur c4p from 10nl ?
     or 4nl last month i mean.
  • edited October 2012
    tin big props to u for doing this 4nl is a tough place, not to beat but the bad beat u get given pfff real test of tilt control all the best on ur chagle btw was ur c4p from 10nl ?  or 4nl last month i mean.
    Posted by D_Legend
    i got to 8500 last month, about 6500 was from a couple of weeks at nl10 the other 2k was from nl4 plus i never played much over last week of the month.

ive had more than my share of bad beats, and it is tough to keep things under control. i do dish the odd 1 out altho they are very rare, which helps when i get one going my way. they still hurt but when you are seeing so many per day you learn to shrug them off to an extent
  • edited October 2012
    thanks to c4p i was able to step up and get a few hours in at the nl10 tables. it went well.... for a change. managed to scoop a few buyins. a few more sessions and this months points total will be ticking over nicely and i can maybe think about moving up the leaderboard instead of slowly slipping down it.

c4p:1325
  • edited October 2012
    thanks to c4p i was able to step up and get a few hours in at the nl10 tables. it went well.... for a change. managed to scoop a few buyins. a few more sessions and this months points total will be ticking over nicely and i can maybe think about moving up the leaderboard instead of slowly slipping down it. c4p:1325
    Posted by TINTIN
    fair play to you tintin.

I did a 2.5hr 5 table session which is long for me....my eyes are sore, must have been brutal for you when you made priority......you are a grinding machine :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : fair play to you tintin. I did a 2.5hr 5 table session which is long for me....my eyes are sore, must have been brutal for you when you made priority......you are a grinding machine :)
    Posted by waller02
    its the same as everything the more you do it the easier if feels. honest.

i try to limit my sessions to around the 2.5-3 hour mark then take half an hour break for those purposes. yeah it was hard getting priority because i had to put in the hours because i was limited to 6 tables. its a little easier now because i can up the tables but drop an hour or 2 out my old schedule
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : its the same as everything the more you do it the easier if feels. honest. i try to limit my sessions to around the 2.5-3 hour mark then take half an hour break for those purposes. yeah it was hard getting priority because i had to put in the hours because i was limited to 6 tables. its a little easier now because i can up the tables but drop an hour or 2 out my old schedule
    Posted by TINTIN
    i'm starting to play more cash now (not enough to get in top 20 for this promo)....do you stay on the same tables for the whole session? what factors do you take into account when it comes to moving tables?

i ask because 4 of my tables went ok but one was a nightmare....should I just leave and join a new one?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : i'm starting to play more cash now (not enough to get in top 20 for this promo)....do you stay on the same tables for the whole session? what factors do you take into account when it comes to moving tables? i ask because 4 of my tables went ok but one was a nightmare....should I just leave and join a new one?
    Posted by waller02
    i tend to stick to the same 1's when playing, i will move on if i have tough opponent who has position on me and im not coping well with it at the time or if someone who is classed as "value" has left and its just a table full of tough regs left. if you find a table you just cant get to grips with then stand as soon as you like and find another. the first 1 there is impossible this month tbh as there will always be someone with this promo going on.

theres no rules regarding how long to wait, just move til you find the right table for you
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : i tend to stick to the same 1's when playing, i will move on if i have tough opponent who has position on me and im not coping well with it at the time or if someone who is classed as "value" has left and its just a table full of tough regs left. if you find a table you just cant get to grips with then stand as soon as you like and find another. the first 1 there is impossible this month tbh as there will always be someone with this promo going on. theres no rules regarding how long to wait, just move til you find the right table for you
    Posted by TINTIN
    cool, cheers for the advice and best of luck to you.

prob bump into you a bit more over this month.

(btw I will learn not to call next time you have a fh) :)