You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

31 days- diary of the grind

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I only played 15 mins after midnight. I 8tabled 20nl for around 5 hours total yesterday... how much did you play ncolley

And yeah just cash nothing else
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind:
    I only played 15 mins after midnight. I 8tabled 20nl for around 5 hours total yesterday... how much did you play ncolley And yeah just cash nothing else
    Posted by percival09
    did you play a session that was a long one and then stand after midnight?  as then the points aren't actually going in until you stand...
  • edited October 2012
    Oh, I see.... yes I did that! I guess that makes some sense. ty
  • edited October 2012
    played maybe 4-5 hours total on 7-9 tables and collected ~190 points

• edited October 2012
    Hi TinTin good luck with this. I am one of a few 20nl grinders who will be going for this I feel. I reckon you will definitely finish top 10 and almost definitely top 5 although I'd have to see who is playing over this week. There aren't that many 'exclusive' 20nl players so aslong as those who play 20,30 and 40 don't turn to just playing 20... i can only see a handful of players (talking 2-5) making it over 10k c4p. This promo may change patterns mind so again I will know more by the end of the week.
    Posted by KING2600
    first of all good luck, its gonna be a long month. yeah there was 3 or 4 names i noticed were on multiple tables but im completely unsure of there patterns and there was was a couple more who i know can put in the grind so it wil be interesting. i think we will get a better idea about midway thru the month as to whos going for what.
  • edited October 2012
    Tintin I have more points than you this month and somehow you're ahead of me on the leaderboard? You did say you 275 right? Strange. 
    Posted by percival09
    yeah it was 275, i had finished just before midnight. think others have already mentioned what may have caused the discrepency. to see i was in 7th was mildy suprising
  • edited October 2012
    thats ok then was gonna say i earned 441 c4p after midnight im 77th on leader board i should be shooting right up the leaderboard :)
  • edited October 2012
    started playing around 11 this morning thru to 2 but it wasnt till about 11:30 before i got on 12 tables. i had a little sesion after midnight that was a bit bad, lost 2 buyins, got them back this morning and added another 100 points to my total. currently on 404.
  • edited October 2012
    thats ok then was gonna say i earned 441 c4p after midnight im 77th on leader board i should be shooting right up the leaderboard :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    yeah i doubt i will be top 20 tomorrow once things even its self out. good luck
  • edited October 2012
    sitting at a nl4 table, average pot size is 300bb lol
  • edited October 2012

yeah people can register up until the 20th, so up until then, the leaderboard is not gonna be accurate

played a bit of nl10 over the last 24hrs or so and it's pretty funny the amount of ppl playin far too many tables for either their brain or computer to cope with

i don't claim 2b any good myself but the quality of most of the regs is ridic bad, as soon as you get to nl10 you'll be crushing and at least in the top 10 of the leaderboard.  the way most of them are playin then unless they have bottomless accounts quite a few won't make it through the month

• edited October 2012
    yeah people can register up until the 20th, so up until then, the leaderboard is not gonna be accurate played a bit of nl10 over the last 24hrs or so and it's pretty funny the amount of ppl playin far too many tables for either their brain or computer to cope with i don't claim 2b any good myself but the quality of most of the regs is ridic bad, as soon as you get to nl10 you'll be crushing and at least in the top 10 of the leaderboard.  the way most of them are playin then unless they have bottomless accounts quite a few won't make it through the month
    Posted by SHANXTA
    i think some will overdo it first few days especially around the happy hours. the last few weeks i have been running 12 tables no problem then last night i experienced a little lag, nothing major tho that couldnt be overcome. i will be playing with a skinny roll myself when i get htere and i'd like to think i know when to say enoughs enough and say to he ll with the promo should things go wrong. i know i cant beat the game at nl10 but its not by a huge amount. ive got to find the right balance quickly
  • edited October 2012
    Good luck with you challenge.

I was sitting at a couple of tables with you this morning...how do you manage to get in so many hours in a week?
  • edited October 2012
    Good luck with you challenge. I was sitting at a couple of tables with you this morning...how do you manage to get in so many hours in a week?
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    unfortunatley im unemployed at the minute which leaves me lots of free time inbetween job hunting. i do wish i had little time to play than what i currently do
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : unfortunatley im unemployed at the minute which leaves me lots of free time inbetween job hunting. i do wish i had little time to play than what i currently do
    Posted by TINTIN
    well at least you are crushing at the tables, but good luck with the job hunt.

you will prob do well with this promo and end up with a good profit at the end of the month though :)
  • edited October 2012
    another 1.5 hours 12 tables, inching towards 500 points now at 466. i had hoped to be at the 1k mark by friday, well on course
  • edited October 2012
    got around 3.5 hours in this evening and it was pretty rubbish tbh, think i posted about 1/2 buyin loss. it was back n forward all night i suppose there will be more of these sessions to come where you win 1 lose 1.

its only day 2 so i got to remember its a marathon not a sprint so i am done for the night, going for a early night by my standards, ready to do battle tomorrow. i got around the same points as yesterday so doing ok. i wont be inn 7th when the top 100 is released tomorrow thats for sure. if im top 20 i will be pleased.

c4p:564
  • edited October 2012
    Good to see you on one of my tables tonight, though I think we were both pretty card dead ! I did manage to win 1/2 a buy in tonight woop woop ! Thats a result after 8 straight losses for a total of 21 buy ins. Mind you I had 18 straight winning sessions before that for 45 buy ins - its a funny old game.
    Good luck with your challenge. I'm sure you'll be there abouts at the end of the month.
  • edited October 2012
    Good to see you on one of my tables tonight, though I think we were both pretty card dead ! I did manage to win 1/2 a buy in tonight woop woop ! Thats a result after 8 straight losses for a total of 21 buy ins. Mind you I had 18 straight winning sessions before that for 45 buy ins - its a funny old game. Good luck with your challenge. I'm sure you'll be there abouts at the end of the month.
    Posted by clubhammer
    thanks, yeah i only managed to get on 1 of your tables but that was only becuse there was a certain player there and yeah we were both pretty card dead. we all go thru those spells and even a small win is needed to break the bad momentum. good luck im sure it wont be long before you recoup those losses
  • edited October 2012
    got around 3.5 hours in this evening and it was pretty rubbish tbh, think i posted about 1/2 buyin loss. it was back n forward all night i suppose there will be more of these sessions to come where you win 1 lose 1. its only day 2 so i got to remember its a marathon not a sprint so i am done for the night, going for a early night by my standards, ready to do battle tomorrow. i got around the same points as yesterday so doing ok. i wont be inn 7th when the top 100 is released tomorrow thats for sure. if im top 20 i will be pleased. c4p:564
    Posted by TINTIN
    well i said i wouldnt be in 7th when todays list was unveiled and i was right im in 8th, somethings still not right me thinks
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : well i said i wouldnt be in 7th when todays list was unveiled and i was right im in 8th, somethings still not right me thinks
    Posted by TINTIN
    There are definitely people who havent entered promo code playing big volumes of 10nl and 20nl and therfore aren't on the list
  • edited October 2012

If people aint entered the code, more fool them. Scotty was saying on the other thread that he knows some people were grinding the higher stakes too but aint on the list so must not have entered the code. Just enjoy it :)

• edited October 2012
    @mattless @lambert180 im not clear on all the rules but does this mean that if someone who has done a huge grind, racks up thousands of points then enters code that all their points from the start of the month are counted or do they just start accumulating points from when code is entered. i believe the latter was used for the beat the nation promo at beginning of the year. its well advertised and has been for days before the promo actually began and its clear on the home page of both the download and browser version so their really should be no excuses as to why some grinders havent put it in already. which means would points be backdated to start of the month? controversial whatever the ruling is
  • edited October 2012
    another 3.5 hour session in the bag, same as last night lost half a buyin. i cant break thru the £100 mark atm but it shouldnt be far away. stuck in the £90's.

plus side its another 100 points to the total. im limiting my losses to Rancid til i can step up on friday. im hoping his backs better tomorrow:)

c4p: 664
  • edited October 2012
    its in the terms and conditions

Any play will be backdated, for example if a customer has played every day during October but doesn’t enter the promo code until the 20th October, all their cash play will be accounted for.
  • edited October 2012
    @mattless @lambert180 im not clear on all the rules but does this mean that if someone who has done a huge grind, racks up thousands of points then enters code that all their points from the start of the month are counted or do they just start accumulating points from when code is entered. i believe the latter was used for the beat the nation promo at beginning of the year. its well advertised and has been for days before the promo actually began and its clear on the home page of both the download and browser version so their really should be no excuses as to why some grinders havent put it in already. which means would points be backdated to start of the month? controversial whatever the ruling is
    Posted by TINTIN
    From my reading of rules, as long as you enter code before 20th, then your points for the whole month are included. I might be wrong, but it would help if clarified by Sky
  • edited October 2012
    its in the terms and conditions Any play will be backdated, for example if a customer has played every day during October but doesn’t enter the promo code until the 20th October, all their cash play will be accounted for.
    Posted by NColley
    cheers for pointing it out, i hadnt read all the small print. at least its there in stone and there can be no arguements
  • edited October 2012
    another 2 n a bit hours down. im playing s*** n running s*** but the good news is im level for the day so far. ive got to find some positives somewhere. still cant break thru this ceiling. about 90 points banked so now for a break.

c4p:751
  • edited October 2012
    another 2 n a bit hours down. im playing s*** n running s*** but the good news is im level for the day so far. ive got to find some positives somewhere. still cant break thru this ceiling. about 90 points banked so now for a break. c4p:751
    Posted by TINTIN
    Wow TinTin, pretty sick how you're playing 4NL and Donk is playing 10NL + 20NL and yet you're not very far behind him in C4P lol. You're the only person that I know of capable of keeping up the volume for the entire month and not getting too burnt out to play. I'm sure you'll hate the game by the end of October, but I suspect you'll be a fair few quid better off in profits + C4P + promo prizes
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 31 days- diary of the grind : Wow TinTin, pretty sick how you're playing 4NL and Donk is playing 10NL + 20NL and yet you're not very far behind him in C4P lol. You're the only person that I know of capable of keeping up the volume for the entire month and not getting too burnt out to play. I'm sure you'll hate the game by the end of October, but I suspect you'll be a fair few quid better off in profits + C4P + promo prizes
    Posted by Lambert180
    i hate the game at the min lol never mind the end of the month. its been one of those days nothing is going right and profit is a long way off. im only up 6 buyins at nl4. its better than being behind i suppose.

yeah i do have form for doing these crazy grinds and the potential rewards thru bonus n c4p is worth the effort for a small stakes player like me but im not going to sacrifice goijng busto just chasing it. i'll settle for a few break even sessions just now if it means i run like god when i can tackle nl10