You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited June 2015

You would expect the morning starters to have a big advantage over the late starters today, possibly more so than yesterday, with that in mind I've had 3 bets on the end of round 2 leader market.

Jordan Spieth - 10/1, 3 off the lead, a morning tee time today, 10/1 looks very generous to me.
    Branden Grace - 80/1 ew first 4
    Shane Lowry - 80/1 ew first 4

• edited June 2015
    My biggest bet is Tiger to miss the cut at 5/6.

Have bets on Speith both E/W pre tournament at 10/1 and to win at 6/1 last night.

Have a few smaller bets but picked up on Putnam for Top Twenty at 8/1. hopefully he can hang in there
  • edited June 2015
    Good work then Icey

Expensive week for me. Only the Tiger bet was successful. Then watching the action yesterday early doors Dustin was looking like he could run away with it so i put £100 on him. Only for him to then, what can only be described as a shank and stop all of his momentum.

Add that to the constant 2 and 3 outers I'm getting on the poker tables and it all leads to a depressing Monday.

Oh well, at least it's sunny... 
  • edited June 2015
    Well done Ice Tiger, must have have been a decent profit on the golf you and well done Flash on seeking out the Tiger to fail bet.

My end of round 2 bets on Jordan Spieth and Branden Grace, plus an end of round 3 leader bet on the injured golfer Jason Day at 33/1 and Rory to finish top 10 at 7/2 rescued the week for me.

I think it is going to be a tough week to find winners this week and there may be a few withdrawals from players who will have found the US Open took a lot out of them.
  • edited June 2015

Tricky week this week, for now I've decided to avoid anyone that was in the thick of at the US Open last week, though if mentally fit and able to stay focused for the 4 days, I fear Sergio and after strong criticism from Billy Horschel and Henrik Stenson you could see both those players going all out to prove a point now they won't be putting on cauliflower, or was it broccoli.

Historically there have not been too many players that have won the week after competing in the heat of a US Open, so I've gone further down the field for well rested, fresh players.

BMW International

Eddie Pepperell - 66/1, tied 2nd in Ireland, got off to a good start the following week, but possibly ran out of steam over the weekend. He was 31st here last year, but that included an impressive second round 64. Well rested and looks set for a big summer.

Darren Fichardt - 80/1, been a little under the radar this season, but recent results are encouraging. He was tied 7th here 2 years ago. No US Open distractions.

Kristoffer Broberg - 80/1, it surely won't be long before Broberg gets his first win on tour, last 2 starts have been tied 13th and tied 6th, which suggests he's playing into form nicely. The one concern is he has played 6 rounds around here and failed to break 70. This is an event where the winning score is usually between 16 and 19 under, so Broberg is going to have to quickly turn his course experience into course form if he is going to contend this work. At 80/1 I think he's just about worth the vote of confidence.

Oliver Fisher - 250/1, speculative pick last time out and he didn't last 9 holes. He's a streaky player that goes from wilderness to top of the world and wilderness again. I've not found anything that suggests Oliver Fisher is carrying an injury, so I'm sticking with my hunch that there have been small signs of a possible return to form.

Travelers Championship

Russell Knox - 40/1, ticks all the right boxes, recent form, decent course form, he comes across well in interviews and appears to be ready in body and mind to get that first win on tour. No US Open Distractions, this could be his week.

Graham Delaet - 80/1, no US Open distractions. He didn't feel fully fit so pulled out of US Open qualifying, wanting to make sure he was fit for this event as he feels it is one of the most enjoyable golf courses he gets to play all year.

In a very positive frame of mind for the week, was tied 3rd here in 2013 which was following a similar run of results as DeLaet has had this year. Suggesting and I think its true that DeLaet is very much a horses for courses man and he has already admitted, this course is right up his street.

Matt Jones - 100/1, another player who comes here fresh. Unlike my first two picks Matt Jones is a winner on tour. After a quiet spell, he is starting to spend more time near the top of the leaderboards again. Conditions, circumstances and the course should give him a stronger chance than most. Also 100/1 is goooood.

Morgan Hoffman - 125/1, last pick breaks my rule of the week, as Hoffman did play in the US Open and he did play all 4 rounds. He made the cut right on the +5 mark, but finished with a very impressive 4 under 66 on the final day for a never nearer 27th. He was tied 9th here in 2013 and this year has a 4th and 9th place finish on tour. Looks good ew value.

• edited June 2015
    Still in a grump from the weekend so I've decided to keep it cheap this week yet still give myself some interest so I can keep up to date with the goings on in the golf world. 3 tours, 1 player in each. Was actually going to include the Seniors event too, but I think it's too close between the top 3 and no value in them.

European Tour

Matthew Fitzpatrick - 55/1 - Last years stats showed who ever had the highest GIR was leading after each round. Stenson is no1 on tour so I wouldn't be surprised to see him run away with it, but Fitzpatrick was up there and growing in confidence recently.

PGA Tour

Louis Oosthuizen - 25/1 - Favourite of mine but been struggling with injury for a couple of years now. Must be back to full fitness after last week's showing. This course has had big hitters up at the top every year and Louis can certainly send the ball out there.

Challenge Tour

Andrew McArthur - 33/1 - Showed some great form a month or 2 ago and I was close to picking him for a European Tour event. Slightly dropped off the pace the last few weeks but on the challenge tour and the event this week is in Scotland so I can see a return to the top here.

Done a 50p e/w patent which comes to £7 and wins me potentially quite a lot :)

• edited June 2015

On reading Flashes picks and bet, he's lead me down the mug punter path.

I was on Andrew McArthur myself a couple of weeks ago in The Austrian Open and have also been keeping an eye on him.

So this week I've taken Mcarthur, along with an old favorite of mine Steve Marino who is on his way back from a long period out with injury, added a couple of my picks from the main tour events and done a 50pew Lucky 15.

If this comes off, I will be resigning from the sanitary ware industry and joining Neil on the poker pro circuit :)

Andrew McArthur - 35/1
    Steve Marino - 28/1
    Eddie Pepperell - 60/1
    Graham DeLaet - 55/1

50p ew Lucky 15

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open):
    On reading Flashes picks and bet, he's lead me down the mug punter path. I was on Andrew McArthur myself a couple of weeks ago in The Austrian Open and have also been keeping an eye on him. So this week I've taken Mcarthur, along with an old favorite of mine Steve Marino who is on his way back from a long period out with injury, added a couple of my picks from the main tour events and done a 50pew Lucky 15. If this comes off, I will be resigning from the sanitary ware industry and joining Neil on the poker pro circuit :) Andrew McArthur - 35/1 Steve Marino - 28/1 Eddie Pepperell - 60/1 Graham DeLaet - 55/1 50p ew Lucky 15
    Posted by TheDart
    What you trying to say?... lol
  • edited June 2015

Like Graham Delaet odds.

£2.50 e/w @ 66/1

Be lucky.

• edited June 2015
    Like Graham Delaet odds. £2.50 e/w @ 66/1 Be lucky.
    Posted by achill
    Ah it's been a while since we had a forum love in for Graham Delaet, come on guys this week could be the week!

Where's Splashies, I don't want him to miss out :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open) : Ah it's been a while since we had a forum love in for Graham Delaet, come on guys this week could be the week! Where's Splashies, I don't want him to miss out :)
    Posted by TheDart
    I have been a follower of Graham Delaet from this thread for ages, firstly from i think you darty.Anyway i always check his results now good or bad. So after getting a tricast up in the lucky last at leicester(£16.61 for £1,(looked easy:;)) i have had £8.30 ew @50/1 on G. Delaet !! Good luck all of us!! (yes i have drunk a bottle of good red wine ...but have made many worse decisions when drunkish!!)

Cheers all

Dave (wondering whether to open up next easy open bottle of red...( because you dont have to drink it all!))

P.S won't let you write s c r ew top bottle!
  • edited June 2015
    Still in a grump from the weekend so I've decided to keep it cheap this week yet still give myself some interest so I can keep up to date with the goings on in the golf world. 3 tours, 1 player in each. Was actually going to include the Seniors event too, but I think it's too close between the top 3 and no value in them. European Tour Matthew Fitzpatrick - 55/1 - Last years stats showed who ever had the highest GIR was leading after each round. Stenson is no1 on tour so I wouldn't be surprised to see him run away with it, but Fitzpatrick was up there and growing in confidence recently. PGA Tour Louis Oosthuizen - 25/1 - Favourite of mine but been struggling with injury for a couple of years now. Must be back to full fitness after last week's showing. This course has had big hitters up at the top every year and Louis can certainly send the ball out there. Challenge Tour Andrew McArthur - 33/1 - Showed some great form a month or 2 ago and I was close to picking him for a European Tour event. Slightly dropped off the pace the last few weeks but on the challenge tour and the event this week is in Scotland so I can see a return to the top here. Done a 50p e/w patent which comes to £7 and wins me potentially quite a lot :)
    Posted by FlashFlush

Tut tut Mr Flash. One hundred lines for your goodself.... 

"I must do my homework more thoroughly".

This years event is played on the course used in 2013, and not the one used last year.

• edited June 2015
    That said above.....

I'm swerving ALL players (apart from one) who battled the elements last week, whether it be 2 or 4 rounds. Any Europeans who travelled to the West Coast and back are even at more of a disadvantage. 

In Europe it's Wood for back to back wins ew @ 20/1. And bearing in mind there's little previous course form to take into account, Fitzpatrick isn't at such a disadvantage as usually is the case. Playing v steady the past 2 months, ew @ 60/1 represents good value. 

In the USA its Justim Thomas and Marc Leishman (played 2 rounds last week) both ew @ 40/1.

Gl all.

Ps Well done Darty (and anybody else) on making a profit from last week. 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open) : I have been a follower of Graham Delaet from this thread for ages, firstly from i think you darty.Anyway i always check his results now good or bad. So after getting a tricast up in the lucky last at leicester(£16.61 for £1,(looked easy:;)) i have had £8.30 ew @50/1 on G. Delaet !! Good luck all of us!! (yes i have drunk a bottle of good red wine ...but have made many worse decisions when drunkish!!) Cheers all Dave (wondering whether to open up next easy open bottle of red...( because you dont have to drink it all!)) P.S won't let you write s c r ew top bottle!
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Haha, post of the week.

Let's hope Mr. DeLaet gives you another reason to open another bottle of red later this week.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open) : Tut tut Mr Flash. One hundred lines for your goodself....  "I must do my homework more thoroughly". This years event is played on the course used in 2013, and not the one used last year.
    Posted by joesman1
    Ah, that is merely a typing error. I did notice that, and I was actually getting the stats from 2013. Just forgot when I posted ;)

I must add, i did notice a bloke I've never heard mentioned on this forum who was top of the tree for a bit that year... Matthew Baldwin? Anyone heard of him before?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open) : Ah, that is merely a typing error. I did notice that, and I was actually getting the stats from 2013. Just forgot when I posted ;) I must add, i did notice a bloke I've never heard mentioned on this forum who was top of the tree for a bit that year... Matthew Baldwin? Anyone heard of him before?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'd expect that sort of comment from Neil, but Flash come on I made that mug punter jibe towards myself as much as you :)

Matthew Baldwin has had a rough year, he was struggling with injury for a few weeks (something that he didn't make public, when the odd punter might have put the odd pound on him) and eventually had to admit defeat.

I don't know what the injury was or is but he appears to have been in for a number of op's.

He is now talking of a 4 month rehab period, so I guess he's aiming for a medical exemption and the start of the 2015/16 season.

Don't be surprised if Matthew Baldwin makes a return to these pages before the end of the year ;)

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (US Open) : I'd expect that sort of comment from Neil, but Flash come on I made that mug punter jibe towards myself as much as you :) Matthew Baldwin has had a rough year, he was struggling with injury for a few weeks (something that he didn't make public, when the odd punter might have put the odd pound on him) and eventually had to admit defeat. I don't know what the injury was or is but he appears to have been in for a number of op's. He is now talking of a 4 month rehab period, so I guess he's aiming for a medical exemption and the start of the 2015/16 season. Don't be surprised if Matthew Baldwin makes a return to these pages before the end of the year ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Mug alert!!!!!

• edited June 2015
    Sharing is caring, and after looking at the GIR stats from the last European Tour event (Lyoness) a certain Kristoffer Broberg was 1st, and he also was 7th the week before at the very windy Swedish event. So I've jumped on the Broberg bus. GL us
  • edited June 2015
    Sharing is caring, and after looking at the GIR stats from the last European Tour event (Lyoness) a certain Kristoffer Broberg was 1st, and he also was 7th the week before at the very windy Swedish event. So I've jumped on the Broberg bus. GL us
    Posted by FlashFlush
    But do the wheels on the Broberg bus still go round and around,round and around for 4 rounds? Added £2 ew just in case they do.:)
  • edited June 2015
    Talking of mug alert... I've succumbed to the mugs ew double, chasing the dream. Wood 20/1 with both Thomas and Leishman 40/1 in 2 ew doubles. 
  • edited June 2015
    Not wanting to be outdone I've added an ew double of mine own:

Graham DeLaet 50/1
    Kristoffer Broberg 100/1
  • edited June 2015
    Slow steady bus the broberg bus! don't want to get to just lead from the first round that would be to easy.Slowly into contention to make the cut and upward and onwards for the win! How do these bookies make money?
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Travellers + BMW International):
    Slow steady bus the broberg bus! don't want to get to just lead from the first round that would be to easy.Slowly into contention to make the cut and upward and onwards for the win! How do these bookies make money?
    Posted by Any2Suited
    The depressing thing for me, of all 4 of my bets, he's doing the best :(
  • edited June 2015
    For a while there it looked like the wheels had fell off the Broberg bus, the three birdie finish was well timed!

Now to Saturday and ready to hit the accelerator on moving day :)

Over at the Travellers, it looks like scoring is a little lower today, a second 67 from Graham Delaet would do very nicely
  • edited June 2015
    Come Graham Delaet !! Keep doing what you're doing and you could well win this.
  • edited June 2015
    Followed the Delaet tip.

Anything could happen tonight. He might win by five or miss the Top Twenty.
  • edited June 2015

I'm happy with the place.

Cheers Dart.

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Travellers + BMW International):
    I'm happy with the place. Cheers Dart.
    Posted by achill
    Nice one Achill :)

The win would of been great, but likewise I was happy with the place, 80/1 and 66/1, gives a 20/1 and 16.5/1 winner, which was actually a bigger price than Bubba to win.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Travellers + BMW International) : Nice one Achill :) The win would of been great, but likewise I was happy with the place, 80/1 and 66/1, gives a 20/1 and 16.5/1 winner, which was actually a bigger price than Bubba to win.
    Posted by TheDart
    Yes, i agree a place is still very good at the price. Cheers for the tip Darty.
  • edited July 2015
    Going with a two-pronged French attack this week. Annoyed I missed the early 66/1 about Victor, him having showed a bit of form last week. Made Skybet pay by hammering the 55/1 ew. Paddy paying top 7 this week, so going with them when the price is right. Took the 33/1 ew about Levy with them. Finally Donaldson ew @ 25/1 with them

Over the pond I'm just doing Reed ew @ 28/1 atm. 

Added Victor and Donaldson ew FRL. 50/1 and 33/1