You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Sandy won the open and the masters.
  • edited July 2015
    After me lumping on Phil in the US Open and him failing miserably after a great start he is more than likely going to win...

I've gone for Oosty and DJ win onlys just because it's a major. Wouldn't of bet otherwise.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (The Open):
    Posted by achill
    Thank you for pointing that out Mr. Achill.

So I reckon that's a 100 lines for me and 100 lines for the goldenstrike!!!
  • edited July 2015
    Would love a home win but can't see it.

£10 @evens on a yank to win.

Had a look at USA winning the Ryder cup next year, 2.10 was the best price on sites I have an account with but couldn't bring myself to bet against Europe even through I think the yanks will give us a bit of a tonking.(hope I'm wrong)

Be lucky
  • edited July 2015
    with zero golfing knowledge i will be backing Donald and McDowell at 100/1 and 150/1 ew

Gl all
  • edited July 2015
    Posted by achill
    Thanks Achill..... I really must make sure I've got my facts right before spouting off. I'll be busy for the next few hours writing out my lines. 
  • edited July 2015
    In future make sure I have my facts right before spouting off
    In future make sure I have my facts right before spouting off.

• edited July 2015
    In future make sure I have my facts right or Neil will start spouting off
  • edited July 2015
    Have backed Ouztenhousen a few times but it put me off a while back when they said he gets back problems. Not sure if theyve been sorted as its an area which could crop up anytime

Aded to my 4 previous outright bets with £4 on Rose at 27/1. Couldn,t live with mysef if i didn,t back him and he won. Just think he,ll be there or thereabouts and although it was nip and tuck for a while in the last grp in the Masters final round with Spieth, Rose must feel more at home here, although i do think Speith is overpriced when you consider Tiger and Rory used to be 9/4 to 3/1 for previous majors

Gone for some FRL bets as well ( All early starters and showed recent form)

Back (Bet For)
    Odds
    Stake
    Profit
    • Luke Donald60 £2.00 £118.00
      Ref: 52832957407 Matched: 21:21 15-Jul-15
    • Joost Luiten60 £2.00 £118.00
      Ref: 52832957421 Matched: 21:21 15-Jul-15
    • Graham Delaet75 £2.00 £148.00

One last bet for FRL. There always seems to be one or 2 late starters who threaten the lead and Leishman is overpriced

Back (Bet For)
    Odds
    Stake
    Profit
    • Marc Leishman280 £2.00 £558.00
  • edited July 2015

Late addition to the portfolio is David Howell at 200/1, very good recent St Andrews record, top 10 last week and will be more comfortable than most when needing to lag those putts.

Naturally had to de a few FRL bets, mostly focusing on the morning tee times.

Graham DeLaet - 150/1
    Victor Dubuisson - 50/1
    Graeme Mcdowell - 80/1
    Ryan Palmer - 125/1
    Brandt Snedeker - 50/1
    Danny Willett - 80/1
    Bernd Wiesberger - 66/1
    David Howell - 125/1

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open):
    Gone with a couple of early birds in the FRL market. Pampling and Knox.  Pampling came into my thoughts a couple of days ago, no idea why. Now he's off in first group, I have to back him in that market 300/1. Knox is 125/1 As for overall, I really can't see past Oostheisen, but at 22/1, I'm not sure that's good enough value, so I've gone for another of my predicatbly poor gut feelings with Lingmerth at 250/1 I may yet stab a couple of quid e/w on Pampling at 750/1...
    Posted by Eyeman
    Your guts aren't looking so bad at the moment.

Of course its early days, but very nice start.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : Your guts aren't looking so bad at the moment. Of course its early days, but very nice start.
    Posted by TheDart
    +1 . Gone for a last minute bet with the conditions looking so good and would be good to see someone have a chance of the grand slam

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    2015 Open Championship https://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_13249_.png') 0px -3400px no-repeat transparent" class="inplay">(In-Play)
    Jordan SpiethWinner9.2£8.00
    £65.60
    Ref: 52841542529M Matched: 09:37 16-Jul-15
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : +1 . Gone for a last minute bet with the conditions looking so good and would be good to see someone have a chance of the grand slam Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit 2015 Open Championship   https://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_13249_.png ') 0px -3400px no-repeat transparent" class="inplay">(In-Play) Jordan Spieth Winner 9.2 £8.00 £65.60 Ref: 52841542529M Matched: 09:37 16-Jul-15
    Posted by MP33
    Thought similar re. Jordan Spieth and conditions.

After his openining birdie, had decent bets on Spieth at 14/1 and 12/1 for FRL.
  • edited July 2015
    Just added 2 more players who have already completed their rounds and are still in with a shout . 

£2 Brandon grace at 139/1
    £2 Geoff Ogilvy at 109/1

Still Hoping danny willet can tid tho. It would be an ex cell sent result for a few ppl on here ( where I got my tip from)
    So gl guys
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : Taking it literally, you could also add, Paul Lawrie, Padraig Harrington and erm, Sandy Lyle?
    Posted by TheDart
    should we be having a few bob on Padraig?

lads have given me a free £1 bet so stuck it on paddy at 20/1

him or oosthuizen@25/1 for the win please.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : should we be having a few bob on Padraig? lads have given me a free £1 bet so stuck it on paddy at 20/1 him or oosthuizen@25/1 for the win please.
    Posted by achill
    Remembering these posts, I was thinking the same Achill.

I've added Padraig at 22/1.

Still hoping for a Danny Willett place, though I have him at evens for a top 5 finish or a finish outside the top 20.

I think from the off, he will play as if nothing to lose and be firing at every pin irrespective of dangers, on the first it will be second shot in the burn or 6 foot next to the hole for Danny Willett today.

• edited July 2015
    GL Achill for Ousthouzen.

I,ve laid my bets off now as think i,ve been a bit cursed . I backed peperal just as he was geting a round together , then as soon as he hits the top he goes out of bounds . Same with Willet . Hits the front and next shot OOB. I backed leishman at same time as Peperal hoping the wind mind get up in round 3 which it never did like every other day . They could have been going out in the final grp today. Not sure if its just me but Danny Willet loooked extremely nervous when playing in the lead. Not sure if it was the wind yesterday but could have sworn i saw his putter shakin as he missed a short one yesterday.

Ended up laying off for a £110 profit overall (regardless of playoff result ) although cudda been a lot more if Zach Johnson had missed his put on the 18th. Would like to see Johnson win now although think louis is the most confident and consistent off the 3 in what play i,ve seen although Johnson probably deserves in the conditions he,s played in

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Marc Leishman140£2.68
    £372.52

Marc Leishman150£0.32
    £47.68

Branden Grace140£2.00
    £278.00

Eddie Pepperell200£2.00
    £398.00
    Felt a bit sorry for the amataur after his first 2 holes. Worse play i,ve seen in a long time. Just shows how much you have to factor in experience and confidence in these comps
  • edited July 2015
    My scattergun betting strategy has paid off.

With an American winning and the e/w on Oosthuizen I have posted a small profit.

Was painful to watch Paul Dunne over those first two holes. 

One of life's learning experiences.

Well done if you made money.

• edited July 2015
    Just read the Betfair guide to The Open. I like it because it backs two of my bets. Oosterhuizen - not just the most recent Open winner at St Andrews but shot equal best in the Alfred Dunhill St Andrews rounds in 2014 at -14 for two rounds. Fleetwood - also equal best in Alfred Dunhill for St Andrews rounds at -14 plus -12 in 2013. That is a combined 26 under par for his last four rounds on the course. That is round totals of 65-67-62-68. Reckon that will be enough to win come Sunday. Some other interesting facts: Only Jack Nicholas has ever won at St Andrews on The Open when more than two shots off the lead after the first round. Oosterhuizen is the only St Andrews winner since 1964 not to be a multiple major winner. St Andrews has 14 par four holes, the most on The Open courses The last five Open winners all played the Scottish Open the week before The Open. Only one winner in the last 24 years (Todd Hamilton) played in the States the week before The Open. Three of the last four winners of The Open were in their 40s. Only Ben Curtis has won The Open on debut since the 1970s. This century, 12 of the 15 winners have played at least six previous Open Championships AND finished at least once previously in the Top Six. So we are looking for a 40+ player who has gone close previously, is a multiple major winner, who is great on links courses , can get off to a flying start and played at the Scottish Open last week.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    or a 39 year old player who has gone close previously, has won a major and didn't play the Scottish Open last week.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : or a 39 year old player who has gone close previously, has won a major and didn't play the Scottish Open last week.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Well next year Zach will be 40+ and a multiple major winner :)

I know many an expert and player made a big thing about the importance of playing in the Scottish Open the week before and recent history told us why, though this year I believe only one player finished in the top ten at The Open and that was Justin Rose who was a lowly 74th in the Scottish.

Meanwhile, there was many a 'good judge' questioning Jordan Spieth for playing the John Deere Classic the week before and he finishes a shot out side the playoff, whilst the guy he beat by a shot at the John Deere, Zach Johnson ends up Open Champion.

Its not easy to pick a winner, is it :)

As for my own hopes and dreams, it was a roller coaster week.

In January I started backing Danny Willett ew at 200/1 and I was optimistic as I would allow myself going into the event.

On day one I watched as the weather worsened through the day, which meant Willett went out in the worst conditions, yet opened with 3 birdies and eventually finished a shot off the lead.

Friday saw Willett become the first player to double digits under par, hit the lead and stay there for more than 24 hours, which wasn't good as it gave me too much time to contemplate what 'I' might win, so I can't imagine what the delay did to Danny Willett's state of mind; I think he's made of sterner stuff than me.

I was up early Saturday morning to see the conclusion of round 2 and was chuckling as the likes of DJ and Spieth struggled in 40mph winds, I was selfishly gutted when play was suspended.

Day 3 saw Willett go out with DJ in the last group, a completely new experience for Willett, so he was into new territory.

History and the media told us that the leader at the halfway stage in the last 5 Opens at St Andrews went on to win and it looked like a tall order to expect Willett to stay close to DJ.

It turned out that Willett managed to outscore DJ, becoming the first player to hit 12 under in the process, but then came the drive on 14 where everything looked good, everyone clapped and then the ball went straight OB.

In the end Willett did well to make birdie with his second ball and to hang in there and finish the day in a tie for 6th 3 off the lead.

As the majority of my bets were ante post when only 5 places were on offer, I was already dreading the cruelest bubble in golf betting, your 200/1 shot finishing one place outside the places.

Now knowing that the eventual winner would come form the final day 2 ball of Zach Jonson and Danny Willett, makes it just a little bit more painful, especially as it was Willett who went ahead first as he opened with a birdie.

After a dropped shot on 2, Willett never looked like making top 5, though he teased by making 4 birdies on the bounce on the difficult back 9, to lock up that tied 6th spot.

As it happens I ended up in profit on Danny Willett, thanks to his 80/1 second place finish in the first round, a 12/1 winning tie for top Englishman and a top up outright bet at 125/1 first 6 places.

Another plus is he picked up a healthy 271,205 R2D points so stays on track to give me a return on my ante post R2D bets.

But it could have been so much more, the opportunity has passed now, the days of the unknown Danny Willett being priced at 200/1 have gone, you only have to look at the opening prices for the European Masters, where he is 16/1 second favorite.

Well done to those that made a profit this week and good luck in the future, its back to reality and the day job for me.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks to cash out I managed a tidy profit on Oostheizen after the first play-off hole.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks to cash out I managed a tidy profit on Oostheizen after the first play-off hole.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Nice One.

Never easy to time the Cash Out option right,

I noticed he was odds on in running at the point, so good call.
  • edited July 2015
    After me lumping on Phil in the US Open and him failing miserably after a great start he is more than likely going to win... I've gone for Oosty and DJ win onlys just because it's a major. Wouldn't of bet otherwise.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sighhh 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (John Deere + Scottish Open) : Well next year Zach will be 40+ and a multiple major winner :) I know many an expert and player made a big thing about the importance of playing in the Scottish Open the week before and recent history told us why, though this year I believe only one player finished in the top ten at The Open and that was Justin Rose who was a lowly 74th in the Scottish. Meanwhile, there was many a 'good judge' questioning Jordan Spieth for playing the John Deere Classic the week before and he finishes a shot out side the playoff, whilst the guy he beat by a shot at the John Deere, Zach Johnson ends up Open Champion. Its not easy to pick a winner, is it :) As for my own hopes and dreams, it was a roller coaster week. In January I started backing Danny Willett ew at 200/1 and I was optimistic as I would allow myself going into the event. On day one I watched as the weather worsened through the day, which meant Willett went out in the worst conditions, yet opened with 3 birdies and eventually finished a shot off the lead. Friday saw Willett become the first player to double digits under par, hit the lead and stay there for more than 24 hours, which wasn't good as it gave me too much time to contemplate what 'I' might win, so I can't imagine what the delay did to Danny Willett's state of mind; I think he's made of sterner stuff than me. I was up early Saturday morning to see the conclusion of round 2 and was chuckling as the likes of DJ and Spieth struggled in 40mph winds, I was selfishly gutted when play was suspended. Day 3 saw Willett go out with DJ in the last group, a completely new experience for Willett, so he was into new territory. History and the media told us that the leader at the halfway stage in the last 5 Opens at St Andrews went on to win and it looked like a tall order to expect Willett to stay close to DJ. It turned out that Willett managed to outscore DJ, becoming the first player to hit 12 under in the process, but then came the drive on 14 where everything looked good, everyone clapped and then the ball went straight OB. In the end Willett did well to make birdie with his second ball and to hang in there and finish the day in a tie for 6th 3 off the lead. As the majority of my bets were ante post when only 5 places were on offer, I was already dreading the cruelest bubble in golf betting, your 200/1 shot finishing one place outside the places. Now knowing that the eventual winner would come form the final day 2 ball of Zach Jonson and Danny Willett, makes it just a little bit more painful, especially as it was Willett who went ahead first as he opened with a birdie. After a dropped shot on 2, Willett never looked like making top 5, though he teased by making 4 birdies on the bounce on the difficult back 9, to lock up that tied 6th spot. As it happens I ended up in profit on Danny Willett, thanks to his 80/1 second place finish in the first round, a 12/1 winning tie for top Englishman and a top up outright bet at 125/1 first 6 places. Another plus is he picked up a healthy 271,205 R2D points so stays on track to give me a return on my ante post R2D bets. But it could have been so much more, the opportunity has passed now, the days of the unknown Danny Willett being priced at 200/1 have gone, you only have to look at the opening prices for the European Masters, where he is 16/1 second favorite. Well done to those that made a profit this week and good luck in the future, its back to reality and the day job for me.
    Posted by TheDart
    I added Willett each way 8 places at 110/1 as you were so keen so thank you for that. I also got places on Oosterhuzen at 28/1 & Speith at 15/2 so in profit.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (The Open) : Nice One. Never easy to time the Cash Out option right, I noticed he was odds on in running at the point, so good call.
    Posted by TheDart
    I'd have taken out £2,300 if he'd won. I cashed out for just over a grand (still leaving an e/w bet on). The smart move was probably to leave the bet running (given I'd held out when he needed to play the last 3 1 under), but Zach was putting so well. Next time I curse myself.
  • edited July 2015
    European Masters, I'm looking at Richie Ramsay e/w around 30/1. Like Olesen at 80/1 for FRL market.
    Oakville in Canada - not a boom boy course. Snedeker won last time out here. I think Blubba might still have the game and motivation after a poor open to do well. (Ignore my earlier Furyk tip - wrong course - he'll go and win now, obv)

• edited July 2015
    Just been looking at the odds for the US PGA but struggling on who to pick  

Don,t normally watch BBC but enjoyed  "Britain at the bookies" earlier and saw that golf tipster for the racing post. Didn,t realise everyone who worked in the beting industry were all mad punters as well.

Anyone know when he puts his tips on for the majors?
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Canadian Open + Omega Masters):
    Just been looking at the odds for the US PGA but struggling on who to pick   Don,t normally watch BBC but enjoyed  "Britain at the bookies" earlier and saw that golf tipster for the racing post. Didn,t realise everyone who worked in the beting industry were all mad punters as well. Anyone know when he puts his tips on for the majors?
    Posted by MP33
    has his own column in the racing post, his tips are published on Wednesdays
  • edited July 2015
    Cheers shanx . I,m sure the bookies will have put his prices in before we get to read it. 

Don,t even know what these players are like but they were tipped as long shots by punters lounge, just for a bit of interest this week in the Quicken loans

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Daniel Berger95£2.00
    £188.00

Andrew Svoboda660£2.00
    £1,318.00
  • edited July 2015
    Madeira open. Poor field.  Gone for Tiley.
    Quicken loans. Can't see past Rose, but Svoboda cheeky e/w thanks to above.