You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2014

Well it is Christmas Day for golfing fans, so I've treated myself to a 'few' first round leader bets.....

Dustin Johnson - 33/1
    Henrik Stenson - 33/1
    Hunter Mahan - 50/1
    Ryan Moore - 80/1
    Graham DeLaet - 80/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen - 90/1
    Nick Watney - 90/1
    Matt Jones - 100/1
    Scott Stallings - 150/1
    Tim Clark - 175/1
    Sang Moon Bae - 200/1

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS):
    Well it is Christmas Day for golfing fans, so I've treated myself to a 'few' first round leader bets..... Dustin Johnson - 33/1 Henrik Stenson - 33/1 Hunter Mahan - 50/1 Ryan Moore - 80/1 Graham DeLaet - 80/1 Thorbjorn Olesen - 90/1 Nick Watney - 90/1 Matt Jones - 100/1 Scott Stallings - 150/1 Tim Clark - 175/1 Sang Moon Bae - 200/1
    Posted by TheDart

Haha and I thought I was racking up the bets lol "Portfolio" definitely is the best word to describe your bets on the Masters!

Can't wait for it start now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! Not happy though because I have to go to a leaving do for someone in work so gonna miss most of Fridays action - wonder how she feels about going to a sports bar :)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Haha and I thought I was racking up the bets lol "Portfolio" definitely is the best word to describe your bets on the Masters! Can't wait for it start now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! Not happy though because I have to go to a leaving do for someone in work so gonna miss most of Fridays action - wonder how she feels about going to a sports bar :)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    At least you are going to take in the first days action, which for me is the best part, it's the day for opening of the presents and getting something you wanted and something you didn't. 

At one point I thought I was going to be away from The Masters, so I'm well chuffed to be sitting at home right now, getting a few emails and business out of the way and then at 3.45 I'll be pressing that red button on my Sky Remote.

Of course the leaderboard will be in position on my laptop from 1.00pm.

My mate refers to my majors portfoilio as the scattergun strategy.

Its very much weighted though, so there's a few that can bring me a very good win, a few that will bring me a decent win and a few that will hopefully keep me entertained and cover any loses.

If I'm getting to the point where all bets are looking sick, we enter the 'bottle factor', which is where I have to decide to accept my losses or lump on somebody in running to turn things around.

If I get the winner I'm in profit, a couple of places and I'll get most of my money back or make a profit, nothing in top 5 and the big high of today becomes Monday mornings low.

With the exception of Hunter Mahan, more to do with their price than how much I fancy them, by far my biggest winners this week would be:

Hunter Mahan
    Nick Watney
    Graham DeLaet
    Scott Stallings
    Matt Jones

Good Luck, Good Luck!!!

• edited April 2014
    Ok just so I can keep all my bets in one post for me to refer back to I'm reposting them all again: Outrights Charl Schwartzel       33/1 £2.50 ew (£5 free bet) Zach Johnson           35/1 £1 ew Graeme McDowell      66/1 £1 ew  Outrights (money back missed cut specials) Jamie Donaldson 100/1 Jimmy Wlaker        60/1 Matt Every           125/1 First Round Leaders Matt Kuchar              28/1 £1 ew  Bubba Watson          33/1 £1 ew  Jim Furyk                 60/1 £2.5 ew  Miss/make cuts Fred Couples              Miss Cut           2.62   £1.00 Joost Luiten               Miss Cut           2.5     £1.00 Keegan Bradley          Miss Cut           3.75   £1.00 Louis Oosthuizen        Miss Cut           2.25   £1.00 Jamie Donaldson        Miss Cut           2.62   £1.00 Gonzalo F-Castano      Miss Cut           2.1     £1.00 Thomas Bjorn             Miss Cut           2.2     £1.00 Victor Dubuisson          Miss Cut          2.25   £1.00 Darren Clarke             Make Cut         3        £1.00 Martin Kaymer             Miss Cut          2.2     £1.00 Total Punt is £29 and a £5 free bet.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    This thread is very good for that. I recently lost a bet on Sri Lanka as i,d not copied which site it was from in cricket so its best to keep em in one place

Where do you get money back for missing cut?

P

EDIT - Last bet because of the dart

Placed (matched)

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    US Masters 2014 http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_11846_.png'); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play)
    Scott Stallings1st Round Leader130£2.00
    £258.00
    Ref: 36093402167M Matched: 12:56 10-Apr-14
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : This thread is very good for that. I recently lost a bet on Sri Lanka as i,d not copied which site it was from in cricket so its best to keep em in one place Where do you get money back for missing cut? P EDIT - Last bet because of the dart Placed (matched) Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit US Masters 2014   http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_11846_.png '); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play) Scott Stallings 1st Round Leader 130 £2.00 £258.00 Ref: 36093402167M Matched: 12:56 10-Apr-14
    Posted by MP33

Just on sky bet but markets has been taken down now since it's kicked off.

GL with your bets and everyone else for that matter!!

• edited April 2014

Most important early update from Augusta.

After an opening bogey, Angel Cabrera has birdied the third to get back to level par.  :-)

• edited April 2014
    Most important early update from Augusta. After an opening bogey, Angel Cabrera has birdied the third to get back to level par.  :-)
    Posted by TheDart
    Lol, forum board jinx strikes again.

Cabrera bogeyed the 4th.
  • edited April 2014
    Afternoon folks, do we have red button coverage this year? If so what time and channel? cheers. 
  • edited April 2014
    Afternoon folks, do we have red button coverage this year? If so what time and channel? cheers. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You've probably worked it out by now, but just on case, sky sports 4 red button now.

Good Luck Captain!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Lol, soon as I posted that reply, I knew what was coming! I was dreading the stakes, but go on a fiver says Cabrera will finish ahead of Donald in the Masters 2014.
    Posted by TheDart
    Cabrera +3 after 10 and in the water at 11.

Anyone know how to delete posts?

I'm willing to pay £4 if anyone knows a mod ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Oh dear first and last time I bet on golf I thinks good job it was a £50 free bet Zachary Johnson officially having a mare 
  • edited April 2014
    Nice bink splashman. Takes a special calibre of player to win the turbo mini! -------------- Having just watched the masters preview with Channing I've taken his tip and had a tenner on Jiminez top senior @ 5/2. Didn't bother with Els as none of the panel seemed to fancy him. Fowler & G-Mac ew @ 66/1 to win.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    :D It sure does mate, only a very select few have that on theri CV.

Not been on Skype much recently, but what's going on with your situation at the minute and a challenge? Think you should update us all in ur diary.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Back to the golf, I just copied @golfpunters tips in the link I posted earlier.

Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Brandt Snedeker, Patrick Reed, Gary Woodland and Ryan Moore.
  • edited April 2014
    Dart,

I looked at Tim Clark and then rejected him, he will win for you now. 
  • edited April 2014
    Dart, I looked at Tim Clark and then rejected him, he will win for you now. 
    Posted by vaigret
    Father, I appreciate the sentiment, but I take it you posted, without looking at the scores.

As Tim Clark is languishing at the rear of the field on +7
  • edited April 2014
    Meanwhile I panicked and back Bill Haas in running

First round leader - 16/1 ew first 4
    Outright - 40/1 ew first 4

The portfolio is now firmly closed
  • edited April 2014
    cabrera vs donald looks like a battle for the wooden spoon lol

On different note Augusta has to be the best course in the world - it has everything!!!
  • edited April 2014
    cabrera vs donald looks like a battle for the wooden spoon lol On different note Augusta has to be the best course in the world - it has everything!!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Cabrera 1 behind, all to play for tomorrow. :-)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Cabrera 1 behind, all to play for tomorrow. :-)
    Posted by TheDart
    Donald owns Cabrera
  • edited April 2014
    Have used my free £5.

Matteo Manassero @ 101.00

£2.50 e/w

Be lucky.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Donald owns Cabrera
    Posted by joesman1
    Advantage Cabrera, after Donald is penalized 2 shots for a 'dumb mistake'.

Carbrera leads by 1, game on !
  • edited April 2014
    A couple for me just for a bit of interest , not a big golf fan but have heard of Jimenez so go for him and Blixt because the name stood out .

£1E/W on both
    1. US Masters 2014 Outright M-A Jimenez @ 80/1

1. US Masters 2014 Outright Jonas Blixt @ 90/1
  • edited April 2014
    Sih - Wish i,d one Haas for 1st round leader now instead of winner

As all my bets are doing so badly this is my final bet (playing really well and due a good finish in this)

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfitUS Masters 2014 http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_11846_.png'); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play)Lee WestwoodWinner42.59£5.00
    £207.94
    Ref: 36144209652M Matched: 22:03 11-Apr-14
  • edited April 2014
    Terrible Day 2 at The Masters for me.

I owe Neil a fiver :(

Doesn't get any worse than that!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Father, I appreciate the sentiment, but I take it you posted, without looking at the scores. As Tim Clark is languishing at the rear of the field on +7
    Posted by TheDart
    You are right Darty, I must be getting better, jettisoning no hopers instead of winners.

Wasn't trying to be funny didn't know scores.
  • edited April 2014
    Is it just Couples v MAJ now for top senior or is there any1 else left in with a shout?

I should've written the names down when placing the bet really.

Cheers.
  • edited April 2014
    All mine made the cut , just want one to bring it home for me.

Tried to find out Seniors Dohh but couldn't.
  • edited April 2014
    Gutted that Woodland capitulated 

Just reaised i put £10 on Westwood instead of £5 - Shame he can,t put today as he,s playing brilliantly

Ps - Nice picks there geo - looking v good

Just had this bet so i,ve still got a chance tommorow (hopefuly)

Miguel Angel Jimenez40 £3.00
    £117.00
    Miguel Angel Jimenez38£ 2.59
    £95.83

• edited April 2014
    dohhh six seniors left in but looks between couples and jimenez
  • edited April 2014
    dohhh six seniors left in but looks between couples and jimenez
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks Farther.

I was concerned about Bjorn as he seems to have been around for years but he's only mid 40s.

Had 2 bets live going into today, MAJ top senior and Fowler ew, they've shot the 2 lowest rounds so far! Couple of sweats gtd tomorrow :)
  • edited April 2014
    Gutted that Woodland capitulated  Just reaised i put £10 on Westwood instead of £5 - Shame he can,t put today as he,s playing brilliantly Ps - Nice picks there geo - looking v good Just had this bet so i,ve still got a chance tommorow (hopefuly) Miguel Angel Jimenez 40  £3.00 £117.00 Miguel Angel Jimenez 38 £ 2.59 £95.83
    Posted by MP33
    Well in with a shout at least , Jimenez and Blixt looking ok going in to final round . Just need Jimenez to shoot another round like yesterday .
    Good luck with your picks .