You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Thanks Farther.   I was concerned about Bjorn as he seems to have been around for years but he's only mid 40s. Had 2 bets live going into today, MAJ top senior and Fowler ew, they've shot the 2 lowest rounds so far! Couple of sweats gtd tomorrow :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Good luck mate, I have Kuchar, Fowler and Rose in the running so lets hope its a good night, especially for FOWLER
  • edited April 2014
    Terrible Day 2 at The Masters for me. I owe Neil a fiver :( Doesn't get any worse than that!
    Posted by TheDart
    Argh the ONE bright spark in the depths of darkness... Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Well in for a penny, done my nuts in, so it's a deep breath, Spleith win only 5/1 to redeem all losses and make a tiny profit.

Gl to all with better judgement than me and still in with a shout.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Good luck mate, I have Kuchar, Fowler and Rose in the running so lets hope its a good night, especially for FOWLER
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes, good luck both, good picks Father, nice into the final day 3 handed.

Also great two picks from Flash with Kuchar and Jiminez.

I also managed to get on Matt Kuchar on Friday at 25/1.

Of my original picks, I'm left with Lee Westwood, it would be great to see him get that first major tonight, it's all set up for a great nights golf.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Argh the ONE bright spark in the depths of darkness... Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Well in for a penny, done my nuts in, so it's a deep breath, Spleith win only 5/1 to redeem all losses and make a tiny profit. Gl to all with better judgement than me and still in with a shout.
    Posted by joesman1
    I'll keep your fiver safe until the next SPT, if that's OK?
  • edited April 2014
    Added fowler ew top 3 at 16/1 just for some interest. Still walker and Donaldson but barring miracles they're too far back!!

Ps good luck flash on Jimenez at 200/1 or whatever it was!
  • edited April 2014
    Added fowler ew top 3 at 16/1 just for some interest. Still walker and Donaldson but barring miracles they're too far back!! Ps good luck flash on Jimenez at 200/1 or whatever it was!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    wow, gl flashman!

Hope he doesn't finish 2nd behind Couples, that'd be sickkk :(

JD, just remembered your pm when reading this post. I saw it at 2am the other night and said to myself I'd do it in the morning. Then forgot. Getting on it now.
  • edited April 2014
    Added fowler ew top 3 at 16/1 just for some interest. Still walker and Donaldson but barring miracles they're too far back!! Ps good luck flash on Jimenez at 200/1 or whatever it was!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Sweet 200-1 , thought I was doing ok I got him at 80-1 , also got Blixt at 90-1 so Blixt 1st Jimenez 2nd will do me fine .

Good luck to all still in with a shout .
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : I'll keep your fiver safe until the next SPT, if that's OK?
    Posted by TheDart
    Yeah no bother..... Though that might be a while the way things are panning out. I can't see one happening before Autumn. 
  • edited April 2014
    As for me, But I'm going big on Rory @ 10/1 ew 1st six. There's probably only 30 or so players out of the 80 contesting it who can possibly win it. I liked his finish yesterday. He showed he can destroy this course, as he was doing so 3 years ago before his implosion on the back 9 on the Sunday.  I'm also gonna ignore DJ's debacle last week and have a dabble on him @ 25/1, and I need to back my mouth up, so Donald @ 50/1 is my 3rd bet. All ew with Paddy Power as it's amazing how often that extra place comes in handy.  Gl everyone Edit:- Brucey Bonus from Paddy..... They've given me an extra place, so I'm on ew 1st 7 now.....
    Posted by joesman1
    You couldn't honestly make it up. Despite Mclroy bogeying the 13th with a wedge in his hand for his 2nd shot. Then repeating the feat on the 15th, he somehow managed a tie of 7th with SIX others. So would have given a tiny return. That was until Westwood decided NO, and hit his 2nd shot to the 18th stiff. That summed the week up.
  • edited April 2014
    Well done all who cashed, don't know if I was on first five or six but well done Kuchar for bogeying last two holes as it meant I def cashed on him and Fowler and Fowler bigger odds.

Special well done to Flash
  • edited April 2014
    Cheers all. Been a busy weekend for me so not really seen much of the golf. Just got back home to see Jimenez make top 5 and Kuch spew up on the last 2 holes. Tidy profit though, so can't complain!!

Got to love Bubba though haven't you, in a sport than can be so pompous, for someone like that to win the biggest prize in golf twice is great, and there is no doubt in my mind he has encouraged a lot of people to take up golf. With the likes of Speith in 2nd as well, I expect a bit of a golf boom to happen!
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
    WP Splashies and Flash.

Gotta hate this thread sometimes though when you look back and see things like

"2) Bubba Watson          33/1 £1 ew 
    Nearly put him in my outrights but after his 83 or whatever in his last outing decided an FRL bet was safer. Leftie which is always good for round Augusta."

WP JD lol
  • edited April 2014
    Which is worse, fancying someone strongly, not backing him and then watching him win, or watching a golfing major and not fancying any of the players in the top 5?

For me....

Bubba Watson - Naaaahhh, too many doubts about the his inconsistency and frailty of mind.

Jordan Spieth - Naaaaahhhhh, very good player, but too young with no major experience and more importantly no experience of Augusta.

Jonas Blixt - Naaaaahhhhh, never played the Masters before and done nothing all year.

Miguel Angel Jiminez - Naaaaaahhhhh, never really contended here when he was a his peak, too old to compete in a Major now and anyway he always misses the cut when I back him.

Rickie Fowler - Naaaaahhhhhh, on his way back from a swing change, not been putting great, The Masters is too soon for Rickie, I backed him a couple of weeks ago and he was rubbish.

Time for a break I think, especially when Dohhhhhhhh comes on here and makes a profit!

Well done Splashies, Flash, Father and GEO68
  • edited April 2014
    thanks Darty, the mo jo will soon return
  • edited April 2014
    OK, so after last weeks mentalness we are back to the regular tournament schedule.

Malaysian Open

Gregory Bourdy 50/1 - Bang in form, got good course history here, so I jumped on early doors and got 50/1 that seemed ridiculous value. He is now best priced 40/1.

Richie Ramsay - 40/1 - Very much in form as well, doesn't have any battle scars from Augusta last week. Doesn't have any course history here so I'm hoping form alone is enough.

RBC Hertiage

Zach Johnson - 22/1 - This is a very tight fiddly course, which demands not only hitting fairways, but the right part of the fairways, and there aren't much better at that than Zach Johnson.

Charley Hoffman 40/1 - I was on Charley here last year when he went into the final round with a 3 shot lead, only to blow it and finish T6! Hopefully he can overcome those demons!
  • edited April 2014
    After my win in the Masters I'm tempted to go again, but will probably just leave it as I wont be watching it this weekend.

I'll post the tips I used last week again here incase any of you are stuck. Deffo the best out there....

• edited April 2014

Well I took a break from the golf yesterday morning and now I'm back in search of my mojo:

Malaysian Open

Gregory Bourdy 50/1 - Bang in form, got good course history here, so I jumped on early doors and got 50/1 that seemed ridiculous value. He is now best priced 40/1.
    (Ok I copy / pasted Flash's description, but I backed Bourdy yesterday)

Danny Willett 33/1 - In an out of form and has been struggling with a dodgy back. But well rested and very good course form.

Anibarn Lahri 70/1 - One of the top players on the Asian tour, got amongst the big names and finished top 5 in The Thailand Open last December and was part of the Asian team that played so well against Europe in Malaysia last month. His confidence is high and so his price.

RBC Heritage

Billy Horschel 70/1 - Went big on him a few weeks ago and then watched as virtually every golfing tipster picked him in one event or another. Each time Billy failed miserably. I gave up on him after 3 attempts.

However,  I thought on the quiet he handled Augusta National very well, whilst his key stats remain very high and on a course that should play to his strengths, I'm tempted once more to back Billy Horschel at a more than generous price.

Chris Stroud 50/1 - He didn't play in The Masters so no battle scars there, he's had a very good season and looks to be trending (new phrase I've picked up on) in the right direction. Also 6th here last year, feels like the weeks dark horse most likely to succeed.

Russell Knox 90/1 - Another having a very good season, he's doing all the key things like hitting fairways and greens more often than most, he can also get the putter hot and put in the odd record low round. Not played here before but his game should be very well suited.

• edited April 2014
    Which is worse, fancying someone strongly, not backing him and then watching him win, or watching a golfing major and not fancying any of the players in the top 5? For me.... Bubba Watson - Naaaahhh, too many doubts about the his inconsistency and frailty of mind. Jordan Spieth - Naaaaahhhhh, very good player, but too young with no major experience and more importantly no experience of Augusta. Jonas Blixt - Naaaaahhhhh, never played the Masters before and done nothing all year. Miguel Angel Jiminez - Naaaaaahhhhh, never really contended here when he was a his peak, too old to compete in a Major now and anyway he always misses the cut when I back him. Rickie Fowler - Naaaaahhhhhh, on his way back from a swing change, not been putting great, The Masters is too soon for Rickie, I backed him a couple of weeks ago and he was rubbish. Time for a break I think, especially when Dohhhhhhhh comes on here and makes a profit! Well done Splashies, Flash, Father and GEO68
    Posted by TheDart
    Flog the ipad you've just won and you've got yourself another golf punting bankroll ;)

Congrats!

I don't know when/where the next major is but Lee Westwood is going to win it !!!!!!

Be bak on thread then :)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The MASTERS) : Flog the ipad you've just won and you've got yourself another golf punting bankroll ;) Congrats! I don't know when/where the next major is but Lee Westwood is going to win it !!!!!! Be bak on thread then :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Captain, I bloody love SkyPoker :-)

Just deliberating if I should tell my wife that 'we' haven't really been losing on the golf, I had in fact been squirrelling our money away in a Sky savings plan to treat her to an ipad.

I'm with you on Lee Westwood.

The next major is The US OPEN, starts June 12th, Westwood is currently a best priced 50/1.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (RBC Heritage + Malaysian Open):
    After my win in the Masters I'm tempted to go again, but will probably just leave it as I wont be watching it this weekend. I'll post the tips I used last week again here incase any of you are stuck. Deffo the best out there.... http://www.golfpuntersguide.com/home-page/rbc-heritage-betting-tips-2014
    Posted by splashies
    Just checked this guy's tips out and see that he picks 2 of my 3 at The Heritage, so hope he lives up to your billing this week.
  • edited April 2014
    Gavin Green at the Malaysian Open is an interesting participant this week.

He's a local 20 year old amateur who has tremendous potential.

His cv includes such snippets as:

At aged 13 became the youngest player to play in an Asian Tour Event

Played college golf with the likes of Jordan Speith and recently said he doesn't think there is a big difference in ability between himself, Jordan Speith and others of their generation, though recognized for the time being Jordan Speith was far superior in mental ability / maturity.

Recently won a prestigious college event in USA.

Finished 22nd in this event last year.

Says that he and his dad have done a lot of work on course analysis ahead of this years event.

The following bets are available and I like the look of the top 20 and 3 ball prices and maybe the FRL.

3 Ball is with Siem and Quiros
    Siem has been very inconsistent this year, I like Quiros and he is rightly favorite in this 3 Ball, but Quiros is not always the most consistent himself.
    Local big hitter Gavin Green at 14/5 looks OK to me

Top 20 = 8/1
    Top 10 = 22/1
    Outright = 250/1
    FRL - 150/1

• edited April 2014
    Back to porridge this week. I binked a small footie acca with the irish bookie with a free bet so all my bets are with them this week.

RBC Heritage

Outrights
    Bill Haas 40/1
    Paul Casey 100/1

FRL's
    Pat Perez 50/1
    Patrick Reed 50/1

Malaysia

Outrights
    A Canizares 40/1
    Cabrera Bello 22/1

FRL's
    Richie Ramsey 40/1
    Michael Hoey 66/1

All just £1 ew

Still got my skybet £5 free bet to use might go kuchar or save for an in play bet but I'll post it up later.

Congrats Dart on the Ipad bink.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (RBC Heritage + Malaysian Open):
    Back to porridge this week. I binked a small footie acca with the irish bookie with a free bet so all my bets are with them this week. RBC Heritage Outrights Bill Haas 40/1 Paul Casey 100/1 FRL's Pat Perez 50/1 Patrick Reed 50/1 Malaysia Outrights A Canizares 40/1 Cabrera Bello 22/1 FRL's Richie Ramsey 40/1 Michael Hoey 66/1 All just £1 ew Still got my skybet £5 free bet to use might go kuchar or save for an in play bet but I'll post it up later. Congrats Dart on the Ipad bink.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Sigh forgot to hit the "bet" button. Hoey sitting 3rd in frl market too!

No bets on euro tour then and same bets for RBC except added casey in frl at 80/1 £1 ew.
  • edited April 2014
    Ended up with 3rd 4th 5th and 2 others in top ten in Masters, but rather than back EW i like to bet to win and if its coming close i can lay some off. 

I sat down on Sunday night with the Betfair exchange set up ready to start laying some off my players off as there prices (Westwood , Jiminez, Fowler, Senden of the ones i can remember but it just couldn,t have gone any worse from the 1st hole with the players i hadn,t backed picking up shots and didn,t manage to lay one bet off

WD to those who won though

I decided to sign up to Sky sports for a while so i could get the Masters for the first few days and was going to cancel after it had finished but just watching the RBC now so come on here for some tips

EDIT - Gone for these in play

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Jordan Spieth18.5£1.50
    £26.25

Jordan Spieth18.5£1.50
    £26.25

Charl Schwartzel70£1.89
    £130.41

Charl Schwartzel65£0.11
    £7.04

Zach Johnson23£3.00 

EDIT - Last bets

Placed (matched)

RBC Heritage 2014 http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_11912_.png'); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play)
    Billy HorschelWinner42£2.00
    £82.00
    Ref: 36355627000M Matched: 21:00 17-Apr-14
    Kevin NaWinner80.02£2.00
  • edited April 2014
    Didn,t realise the Malaysian was on afte the PGA Tour so heres my bets/tips for that one

Was going to lump on Westwood at 2/1 best and looking even less confident with his putting i cant see any value there so gone for some of the field instead

Malaysian Open 2014 - Winner

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Louis Oosthuizen34£2.69
    £88.77

Louis Oosthuizen34£0.31
    £10.23

Richie Ramsay210£2.00
    £418.00

Graeme Storm85£2.00
    £168.00

Francesco Molinari32£0.40
    £12.40

Francesco Molinari32£2.60
    £80.60

Michael Hoey27£2.00
    £52.00

EDIT _ Sigh - Now Westwoods putting everything

RE-EDIT - lol - Just realised i was watching highlights so my prices are the same which is something
  • edited April 2014
    added a few bets this morning.

Andrew Loupe at 100/1 ew top 4 £1 ew

Julian Quesne 20/1 ew top £2.5 ew

just to keep me interested although looks like westwood is running away with it in malaysia

• edited April 2014
    Had my first bets for the Open today

£5 On Lee Westwood at 25/1

£5 On Louis Oosthuizen at 66/1

( Gr8 value as he,s only 41/1 on the Exchanges and you can even lay him at 50/1 , so if anyones got a few quid go to oddschecker at see where the price differences are)

• edited April 2014
    Zurich Classic

Matt every 28/1
    Paul Casey 66/1

Frl
    Paul Casey 66/1
    Andrew loupe 100/1

Volvo China

F molinari 28/1
    J quesne 40/1

Frl

Pablo larazabaal 33/1
    M hoey 60/1 (£5 freebet)

All bets have definitely been placed this week :)
  • edited April 2014
    Bit late putting my bets in this week. Not really got any that stand out for me this week which is never a good sign. So what I've done is decided to spend money on it anyway.

Volvo China -  Looks like a mixed course but with quite a few long par 4's, so considering there is no course history I've gone with the bombers with a big hitting outsider...

Nicholas Colsaerts - 20/1

Alvaro Quiros - 50/1

Alexander Levy - 125/1

Zurich Classic - A course that's used year after year, which makes you think there should be some players with good course history. I had a look through and there is very little consistency. I decided Webb Simpson would be the best bet with course history and recent form. Then found out he wasn't playing, so decided not to bet on him in the end. 

Ryan Palmer 28/1

Nicholas Thompson - 80/1