You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited May 2014
    My bets./tips for the weekend with another bet added to The Open

Justin Rose Open - 24/1 - BMW 14/1
    Senden 54/1 Crown plaza 
    Ross Fisher 49/1 BMW
    £2-£3 eaach

MatchedDescriptionTypeOddsStake (£)Liability (£)StatusPotential Profit (£)
    21 May 14
    17:20
    The Open Championship 2014
    Justin Rose - Winner
     Back24.002.66
    ---
    Matched61.18
    21 May 14
    17:19
    Crowne Plaza Invitational 2014
    John Senden - Winner
     Back55.003.00
    ---
    Matched162.00
    21 May 14
    17:17
    BMW PGA Championship 2014
    Ross Fisher - Winner
     Back50.002.00
    ---
    Matched98.00
    21 May 14
    17:17
    BMW PGA Championship 2014
    Justin Rose - Winner
     Back14.003.00
    ---
    Matched39.00
  • edited May 2014
    Evening all

My picks:

BMW

Rose is the one i really fancy here but just cant back him at those odds.

Garcia 18/1 - Instead I opted for a seriel choker at short odds :). Dunno fancy garcia in this one, he's been in great form this year but there'll always be a doubt about his "get there" ability. 

Donaldson 35/1 - he's the type of player i like backing. Never seems to give up and rarely not competitive.

Bjorn  66/1 - i thought these were pretty good odds for someone who can go toe to toe with the best on his day.

FRL

Luiten 45/1 - cant believe I havent backed him in the outright so had to make up for it with an frl
    Bjorn 60/1 - what can i say i like tommy bjorn lol

Colonial

Market's a bit rubbish and cant see too much value in anyone. so decided to have only 1 punt in the outright and 3 frl's

Oosthuizen 55/1 - about the only value I could see in the field. 

Edit: added leishman at 55/1 here as well after convincing myself writing up my reasons for him in my frl bet. Convincing myself to put on more bets - i'm a bookies dream haha

frl's
    Casey 55/1 - backed him for the frl last week and he missed out then threw in the best 2nd round of the field (i'm pretty sure anyway) so thought i'll give him another chance this week.

Leishman 50/1 - solid performance at the players with a decent 67 in round 4 followed up by 4 good rounds at the byron nelson which suggests to me he's coming into some good form. Leishman is a very streaky player after looking at his record and seems to go on runs of 3/4 good results in a row before dropping off again. hopefully he's on a streak again :)

oosthuizen 55/1 - played well last week and hopefully his back problems are hopefully on the mend now.

GL all

• edited May 2014
    Last bets - just a bit gutted as i was going to back Bjorn on the 1st befor e he birdies the second so lost out in price for 1st rounder leader. Certainly think the leader will come from one of these early starters

BMW PGA Championship 2014 - 1st Round Leader

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Robert-Jan Derksen38£2.00
    £74.00

Thomas Bjorn12.5£2.00

Placed (matched)

BMW PGA Championship 2014 http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_12074_.png'); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play)
    Henrik StensonWinner25£2.00
    £48.00
    Ref: 37593076770M Matched: 08:45 22-May-14
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Crowne Plaza + BMW PGA):
    Evening all My picks: BMW Rose is the one i really fancy here but just cant back him at those odds. Garcia 18/1 - Instead I opted for a seriel choker at short odds :). Dunno fancy garcia in this one, he's been in great form this year but there'll always be a doubt about his "get there" ability.  Donaldson 35/1 - he's the type of player i like backing. Never seems to give up and rarely not competitive. Bjorn  66/1 - i thought these were pretty good odds for someone who can go toe to toe with the best on his day. FRL Luiten 45/1 - cant believe I havent backed him in the outright so had to make up for it with an frl Bjorn 60/1 - what can i say i like tommy bjorn lol Colonial Market's a bit rubbish and cant see too much value in anyone. so decided to have only 1 punt in the outright and 3 frl's Oosthuizen 55/1 - about the only value I could see in the field.  Edit: added leishman at 55/1 here as well after convincing myself writing up my reasons for him in my frl bet. Convincing myself to put on more bets - i'm a bookies dream haha frl's Casey 55/1 - backed him for the frl last week and he missed out then threw in the best 2nd round of the field (i'm pretty sure anyway) so thought i'll give him another chance this week. Leishman 50/1 - solid performance at the players with a decent 67 in round 4 followed up by 4 good rounds at the byron nelson which suggests to me he's coming into some good form. Leishman is a very streaky player after looking at his record and seems to go on runs of 3/4 good results in a row before dropping off again. hopefully he's on a streak again :) oosthuizen 55/1 - played well last week and hopefully his back problems are hopefully on the mend now. GL all
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Bosh! Surely he won't get caught
  • edited May 2014
    GL JD with Bjorn - weather chanes everything again

If i,d put my £2 on Bjorn 2 mins earlier i might have got 20,s but  win is a win ( even though its only late afternnoon)

I don,t normally back Justin Rose but his putting has been as good as i,ve seen over last cpl of months so i,ve stuck an extra £2 on him for The Open  . He also doesn,t get flustered and can come back from bas runs. As for Rory . How can he be favourite for any tournament? (EDIT - apart form that eagle he,s just got in  from about 100 yards) To inconsistent esp putting

Gonna leave rest of open bets until it starts now and study weather  . Going down on the Wednesday for the final practise  day . Hopeully i pick some tips up on an niggling injury or cold or something that the ca,era s might miss.

Looks easier said that done now but wish i,d done Stenson in a dbl with Senden. ( Think Sended will carry on playing well this year0
  • edited May 2014
    Latest odds at 4,55pm . Looks like they,re writing the field off already - Although anyone knows a 2 or 3  shot lead can soon dissapear on 1 hole round here 

<td id="11796853688_SO" class="o np" st

Show GraphThomas Bjorn311/410/3310/3 11/411/433321/10335/29/4  3 3  3 
    Show GraphHenrik Stenson1212121412 141212121091112109  12 11  58/5 
    Show GraphShane Lowry1111111011 11101412101110111111  12 33/5  53/5 
    Show GraphMartin Kaymer1212121412 14121214121212121012  14 13  14 
    Show GraphJustin Rose2018181818 22161616161816181818  16 22  23 
    Show GraphRory McIlroy2522201620
  • edited May 2014
    Not sure if odds are showing above ., tried copying off oddschecker . can someone let me know if you can see them - thx

Very last bet for now for the Open (Think i got 6 players now).
    Can,t undertsand this price . I ,m presuming he,s no form on lynx courses as why else would he be such a price and can,t see it drifting. (not even 100% sure he,s even qualified - maybe thats reason for the price)
    Another high finish over the pond in nxt few weeks and he,ll surely get backed in 

Also added e a little saver on Kaymer as they said recently - "he,s gone back to same swing he had when he was no.1 for a bit and had another good today shooting 4 under - good front runner as well if he can get a start)

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

John Senden250£1.99
    £495.51

John Senden250£2.00
    £498.00

Betslip

Placed (matched)

The Open Championship 2014
    Martin KaymerWinner36£2.00
    £70.00
    Ref: 37605742918M Matched: 17:25 22-May-14
    The Open dreamteam

Westwood 25/1
    Rose 24/1
    Senden 250/1
    Kaymer 36/1
    Oustuinhousen -65/1

(Will probably add Stenson nearer the off)
  • edited May 2014
    Last bets - just a bit gutted as i was going to back Bjorn on the 1st befor e he birdies the second so lost out in price for 1st rounder leader. Certainly think the leader will come from one of these early starters BMW PGA Championship 2014 - 1st Round Leader Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Robert-Jan Derksen 38 £2.00 £74.00   Thomas Bjorn 12.5 £2.00 Placed (matched) Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit BMW PGA Championship 2014   http://sn4.cdnbf.net/exchange/page/images/darker_sprite_12074_.png '); background-color: transparent; width: 16px; height: 16px; text-indent: -9999px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; vertical-align: middle; margin-left: 4px; background-position: 0px -1331px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="inplay">(In-Play) Henrik Stenson Winner 25 £2.00 £48.00 Ref: 37593076770M Matched: 08:45 22-May-14
    Posted by MP33
    Nice one  m8 . I got on it and have backed Mclroy again who is finishing well
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Crowne Plaza + BMW PGA) : Bosh! Surely he won't get caught
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Bish bash bosh :)

Cheers flash and mp, it's not quite over just yet with a few still to finish round 1 but barring a miracle I should get a winner for first time in ages. Frls are normally a bit of punt but I actually think I've made more in them than the outright market this year.

Hopefully he can take the overall at 66/1 too!

I really like mr thomasino bjorn now! 
  • edited May 2014
    Nice pick JD, wp
  • edited May 2014
    Evening all My picks: BMW Rose is the one i really fancy here but just cant back him at those odds. Garcia 18/1 - Instead I opted for a seriel choker at short odds :). Dunno fancy garcia in this one, he's been in great form this year but there'll always be a doubt about his "get there" ability.  Donaldson 35/1 - he's the type of player i like backing. Never seems to give up and rarely not competitive. Bjorn  66/1 - i thought these were pretty good odds for someone who can go toe to toe with the best on his day. FRL Luiten 45/1 - cant believe I havent backed him in the outright so had to make up for it with an frl Bjorn 60/1 - what can i say i like tommy bjorn lol Colonial Market's a bit rubbish and cant see too much value in anyone. so decided to have only 1 punt in the outright and 3 frl's Oosthuizen 55/1 - about the only value I could see in the field.  Edit: added leishman at 55/1 here as well after convincing myself writing up my reasons for him in my frl bet. Convincing myself to put on more bets - i'm a bookies dream haha frl's Casey 55/1 - backed him for the frl last week and he missed out then threw in the best 2nd round of the field (i'm pretty sure anyway) so thought i'll give him another chance this week. Leishman 50/1 - solid performance at the players with a decent 67 in round 4 followed up by 4 good rounds at the byron nelson which suggests to me he's coming into some good form. Leishman is a very streaky player after looking at his record and seems to go on runs of 3/4 good results in a row before dropping off again. hopefully he's on a streak again :) oosthuizen 55/1 - played well last week and hopefully his back problems are hopefully on the mend now. GL all
    Posted by jdsallstar

now that would have been a good double sweat but juat the singles to get excited about

• edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    Quite a frustrating week for me last week. I didn't mention it on here, but shortly into the 1st round I backed Tim Clark @90/1 as he was one I looked at pre-tournament but decided against due to poor form. He was -3 very early, so added him to my selections. Both him and Chris Kirk were T5 going into Sunday, Timmy even led on his own at one point, but then a double and he kind of lost his head and they both plummeted. 

I don't feel confident about my picks this week, but last time I said that I landed a 150/1 winner. Haha!

Nordea Masters - I'm a big fan of the Swedish golfers and they seem to do really well here, so no surprise it's an all Swedish affair for me.

Jonas Blixt - 20/1 - Seems to have turned into a very high profile player this season, and on 'home' soil, I think 20/1 is too large.

Peter Hanson - 33/1 - Struggling the last year or 2, but wouldn't forgive myself if he won here and I wasn't on him.

Robert Karlsson - 60/1 - No surprise here, I've backed him a couple of times recently and been left disappointed, but I'll give him one last go this week.

Memorial

Michael Thompson - 100/1 - 11th at the Wells Fargo, 10th last week with a M/C at the Players in between. With a T8 here last year, he is decent e/w value

Kevin Chappell - 66/1 - Decent showing last week, was leading at one stage, helped by a 63. Also got 2nd here last year. Probably more of a chance to place than win as the field is very strong this year.
  • edited May 2014
    It's just been brought to my attention, that it was this week last year when Splashie and myself got the double on Illonen and Kuchar. Come on Splashie, if that's not enough to get you having a bet then nothing is.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Memorial + Nordea Masters):
    It's just been brought to my attention, that it was this week last year when Splashie and myself got the double on Illonen and Kuchar. Come on Splashie, if that's not enough to get you having a bet then nothing is.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Wow, can't believe it's been a year.

I'm busy this weekend so still won't be having a bet.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Memorial + Nordea Masters):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Memorial + Nordea Masters) : Wow, can't believe it's been a year. I'm busy this weekend so still won't be having a bet.
    Posted by splashies
    No Excuse! I fly out to Portugal for a holiday on Saturday morning. Doesn't stop me having a bet. haha
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Memorial + Nordea Masters) : No Excuse! I fly out to Portugal for a holiday on Saturday morning. Doesn't stop me having a bet. haha
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sick brag lol
  • edited May 2014
    Well last week ended in tatters as it has too often this season for me. 3 players in contention (Donaldson just for a place admittedly ) and they had final rounds of +3, +2 and +2. Because of how it played out with bjorn it meant I could back lowry and Mcilroy to lock a little more profit. Less than half of what I would have if bjorn had won like he was SUPPOSED TO!!! Not bitter at all lol

Anyway on to this week....

Memorial

Bubba-licious 28/1 - due to my backing of lowry and Rory i bagged myself a £10 free bet to use on this one. Bubba has been in great form this year and I'm hoping he has now shook off his masters win to perform well this week. Should at the very least be competitive.

Jason day 40/1 - was in great form pre injury so hoping hes back to full fitness.

Frl
    Matt Jones 60/1 - old faithful.
    Dustin Johnson 28/1 

Nordea

Spanish attack!!

Cabrera bell 40/1
    larrazabal 45/1

frl
    Zanotti 80/1
    Hoey 80/1

in honour of it being double remembrance day I've put on 32 10p ew doubles :)

Gl all

• edited May 2014

I had a flight to catch Tuesday so got my bets on early, I had a whole heap of reasons for backing the players I did, here's the brief summary:

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory and Henrik came away with the main honors this week, but I'd still be happy with a couple of top 5 finishes. My ew doubles are:

The Value Double that Should go Deep

Andy Sullivan - 80/1,
    He's been putting in some very good performances this season and looks capable of winning. It's a bit of a strange field this week and with many players having zero course experience, maybe this week represents as good an opportunity as any for Andy Sullivan to get his first win. 80/1 certainly looks good value.

Russel Henley - 80/1, Already won this year, he has good form here and just looks too big at 80/1.

Double Scottish

Richie Ramsay - 66/1,
    Both myself and Flash have picked him a few times without success, it's my turn again this week. I like what I've seen of his body language in recent events, to me he looks like a player with game, who is full of confidence. If that's the case, in this field, he should fancy his chances this week,

Russel Knox - 125/1, Not played here before, but he's one of my shortlist players that ticks the right key stats in a big way. He's having a good season and played well last week.

The Dark Horses

Rikard Karlberg - 80/1, Seeing that he is still available at 80/1 or bigger, I am now wondering if I've mixed my Swedes up. I thought this guy had been playing well recently, with a recent top 5 and he is also one of a handful with competitive course form here, with a top 20 finish back in 2010. I expected to see him tipped by a few people and his price to be now closer to 50/1, the fact that his price has drifted and he's been ignored by all, makes me think I may have been mistaken. Too late now, I'm on!

Ryo Ishikawa - 150/1, I'm giving him another chance based on my interpretation of players that are performing well in certain key stats. I also think this course should play to Ishikawa's strengths and he can also get away with the odd wide off the tee, without too much of a penalty.

Too Big to be True?

Magnus A Carlsson - 250/1,
    I didn't expect 250/1 to still be available but it is, so maybe I didn't get the bargain I thought I had. If the venue plays to the strength of somebody who is accurate tee to green, then Magnus A Carlsson is the man and of course he is Swedish.

Michael Thompson - 110/1, He's come up on my radar a couple of times recently and is also showing up well on my key stats, 10th last week and a top 10 here last year, at 3 figures, he really does look too good to be true.

Good Luck Everyone!

• edited May 2014
    I've added Jens Dantorp to my bets as well. I saw him tipped pre-tournament at 200/1 because it's a new course and it's his home venue. I went to back him when -5 @55/1 but decided I would stick with my bets. He then birdied the next to got -6 on his own and the 55/1 went, so I've got him at 40/1 e/w but only 4 places paid.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Madeira Islands + The Players):
    Into the well once more... Early Tee Time on a Thurs for one R McLroy means only one thing.. He leads.. He fades... He comes back... And finishes between 2nd and 10th.... So it's Mclroy 25/1 win only 1st round leader.... My only outright bet is Stenson 25/1 ew 1st six Gl guys Ps bring me gl vibes guys....Playing Day 1c of the UKIPT tomoz (sat'd in for £55, so result already tbh) 
    Posted by joesman1
    I've dug this little gem out.... Rory surpassing himself today. Shoots 63 in the 1st round, and he's nearly shot that already in his 2nd round..... After 9 holes!!!
  • edited June 2014
    Are you ducking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! bjorn last week and now bubba this week can everyone stop ducking choking!! angry man right now! 

edit: he listened lol back to back birdies and scott in trouble!!!
  • edited June 2014
    alongside the poker I've had a really tilting week!!!!
  • edited June 2014
    Well with Splashies on his betting sabbatical, Flash sunning himself in Portugal and JD probably still lying down in a darkened room, here's my effort for this week:

With many players already having at least one eye on next weeks US Open it's not the best of weeks to try and break a losing streak, but beggars can't be choosers.

I've had the following singles and doubles:

Byeong-Hun An - 100/1, the 22 year old Korean, is playing on the Challenge Tour this year and picked up his biggest cheque 2 weeks ago when 2nd at the Challenge event in Austria. His strengths appear to be accuracy tee to green and he is also a 300 yards off the tee man, so his game should suit this course and I'm sure the quick return to Austria will bring a nice feel good factor to Mr An.

Russell Henley - 50/1, he missed the cut last week, but that's no big deal (well it's a bit of a small deal if you backed him last week), but the point is Henley has proven on more than one occasion that he can follow up a missed cut with a big week, in fact that's what he did earlier this season when he won the Honda Classic. He was a respectable tied 27th here last year, finishing off with a final round 66.

Eduardo De La Riva - 33/1, Having a decent season, making cuts comfortably, though there have been glimpses of a big week, he has not really got into contention, his best finish was tied 10th in Malaysia. Tied 7th here last year, his consistency tee to green and current form suggest he could get into contention this week, even if 33/1 is a little stingey.

Ryan Palmer - 25/1, For the last couple of months he has looked ready to add to his 3 tour wins, he's come very close and his past results here suggest that he should go very close again this week. Again 25/1 a bit stingey, but again beggars on long losing streaks can't be choosers!

Tyrell Hatton - 90/1 & 70/1, Potentially one of England's next big things in the golfing world, I backed him at 90/1, but by the time the prices were up for the St Judes he was into 70/1. Put in some quality displays for his first full year on tour, he already has a runners up finish and a tied 10th. He played this event last year and came a very creditable tied 19th. It could be a big week for young Tyrell Hatton.

Billy Horschel - 50/1, I had a thing for Billy earlier in the season and then gave up on him, it seemed that since then all the people who know better than me also developed a thing for Billy and tipped him for a big win most weeks he teed it up. Billy Horshchel has yet to deliver, but once again I feel drawn to Billy Horschel as a player that is doing all the important things in golf better than most and appears to be playing himself into form. Top 10 here last year to boost his credentials further. Come on Billy stop messing about and get on that leaderboard! I've also backed him at 125/1 for the US Open.
  • edited June 2014
    Well last week was another painful one! I make that 5 major chokes this year by my bets; Bubba last week, bjorn the week before, kuchar when he hit the water on the 18th to let Jones into a playoff and win, Thomas Aiken threw away a 4 shot lead in a final round and then coetzee early on in the season. So lady luck owes me lol

Anyhoo, moaning over, on to this weeks bets. I just don't fancy anyone this week so completely stumped for picks. very little value that i can see i mean Luiten at 5/1 is just ridiculous and just reflects the fields.

So for that reason I've only 1 outright bet this week.

Lyoness

Michael hoey 40/1 - has to be one of the most consistent this year in a weak field. (My lone outright bet)

Frl
    Hoey again 45/1 same reason as above
    Dredge 45/1- was very close to retiring by all accounts but back playing again and playing half decent. 3 Euro starts and finishes of t10, t15 and t25.

St judes

This is anyone's tournament for me and so no outrights for me. Might back after first round tho if see any gems.

Frls
    Casey  40/1 (£10 free bet from backing during the Bubba meltdown ) this bet will all hinge on how Casey reacts to his disappointment from last week. Hoping he takes confidence from it rather go backeards

Olesen 66/1 played nicely last week but horribly inconsistent.

Ps dart I have left my darkened round : )

Gl 

• edited June 2014
    Welcome back JD it was getting lonely here :)

Best of luck this week.

I have been pondering a bet on Casey myself this week, he comfortably qualified for the US Open Monday, so I reckon the confidence is still good.

So come on Neil, is Dustin Johnson going to get the job done this week?

Won it in 2012, 10th last year.....there's surely only one thing that can stop him winning this week.....his first name is Dustin, surname Johnson!

• edited June 2014
    Due to the first round from an unknown Korean my backup Russell Henley double is:

Matthew Baldwin - 100/1, After a bad couple of months, he made the cut last week and just missed qualifying for the US Open by one shot, he reports that his game is improving and 'close' to being back.

Russell Henley - 66/1, Generous odds from SkyBet, me thinks!

Also buckled under the pressure of fancying Paul Casey and not backing him and had the following ew singles and ew double:

Paul Casey - 33/1, as I've posted before at is best he is a top, top class player. He is  getting in the mix more and more often in recent weeks, he has to be close to a win and I'd hate to miss it.

Ross McGowan - 70/1, came 3rd in the Challenge event last week, which I believe is his best result in years. Seems to have been injured or not fully fit for years, before the injuries set in he was competing with the very best in Europe. He played what appears to be the more difficult back 9 in 1 under, so I took the 70/1 available in running.

Finally I've had an ew FRL singles and double:

Paul Casey - 40/1, hoping JD gets the win he deserves after his recent golfing bad beats.
    Matthew Baldwin - 80/1, if his game is back under control Baldwin quite often goes low on day 1.
  • edited June 2014
    D'Hell!

Normally when posting on here the rule of thumb is you jinx your player and they drop a shot.

I just checked the Leaderboard and unless it's a mistake, Matthew Baldwin has opened with an Eagle :)

Just 17 holes to go, 15 pars and 2 birdies ought to do it.
  • edited June 2014
    My US Open bets /tips :

Placed (matched)

US Open 2014
    Matt KucharWinner32£2.50
    £77.50
    Ref: 38088804486M Matched: 21:01 08-Jun-14
    Webb SimpsonWinner65£2.50
    £160.00
    Ref: 38088804487M Matched: 21:01 08-Jun-14
    EDIT : Added 1 more as i always back him and he,s my favourite player . He has to win a major 1 day

Placed (matched)

US Open 2014
    Lee WestwoodWinner42£3.00
    £123.00
    Ref: 38090987411M Matched: 23:33 08-Jun-14
  • edited June 2014

I was going to get a few things off my chest, but have thought better of it and just deleted what would have been a rather long self indulgent post,

Needless to say I am not enjoying this poker and betting lark at the moment and am leaning towards a break, I say leaning because sometimes this is easier said than done.

Anyway, let's have one last fling and see if I go out with a whimper or bang on this weeks US OPEN.

I like the way this thread always comes alive during Major week and hopefully there'll be a few of us who get a good run for our money and make a nice profit this week.

Good Luck Everyone!