You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Tour Championship + KLM Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Tour Championship + KLM Open) : He did Terry. But since I backed him 2 weeks ago and he bottled it on the 18th, and I put that post up about him. He's cost me the win last week (in my eyes) with Sergio losing the plot on the 17th trying to catch him. And the chance of two winners in one event this week, Rory to win, and Furyk in the without Rory market. 
    Posted by joesman1
    thanks mate, clear now
  • edited September 2014
    Only one event this week, unless you want to go through the web.com tour, challenge tour or seniors events.

The Wales Open is enough for me this week.

I've had a spot of angst this week, trying to get down to a respectable shortlist, caused partly by some near recent near misses, (two places 2 weeks ago and last week, my 75/1 shot  and main bet Oliver Fisher finished one out of the places and my 100/1 shot Peter Uilhein, was looking good for a place for much of the event before a miserable final day.

Then my second catalyst for gamblers angst, is that I can see many of my personal 'favorites' having a good run this week, but I can't back them all.

First up I was going to go left field for me and back the now infamous Simon Dyson at 25/1, he's got some decent form here and was a fast finishing 2nd last week. Then I saw the seemingly friendly and gracious Gonzalo Fernandez Castano stating a few facts about how he views Dyson via twitter on Sunday night, I don't know if that would unsettle Dyson, but at 25/1 it unsettled me enough to rule him out.

So who to back and who not to back.......

Chris Wood 80/1,  Wood gets my main bet status this week.

For short spells this year he has looked seriously good, but has been in out of form with injury problems. He looks to be injury free again and after 3 nasty missed cuts he was an eye catching 22nd last week.

He has some decent form here and is certainly due a good week and has the ability to match my expectations. Oh and 80/1 is also a big plus.

Kristoffer Broberg - 110/1, I had my eye on this event for Broberg about a month ago, but then couldn't contain myself and went early on Broberg at the European Masters, which didn't go very well as he missed the cut, he also missed the cut last week, though I don't think conditions would have suited him last week.

I'd be surprised if Broberg doesn't get his first win on tour this season and m going with my original hunch that the Wales Open could be where he breaks his duck.

Oliver Fisher - 80/1, missed a share of 5th by one shot last week, 3 top tens in his last 6 starts, 3 top 12's in his last 7.

If you take his round 2 and round 4 scores from the last 2 events he was a combined 20 under par for the 4 rounds, which is some impressive scoring. If he can put 4 of his best rounds together this week he'll take some stopping.

He has decent course form and appears to be having his best season by some distance, the only thing missing is a win.

Matthew Baldwin - 175/1, very disappointing missed cut last week, which wasn't the plan as I though he was about to peak with a top 5 on a course and in conditions that should have suited.

If he can get everything to kick into place, this is a venue where he has the potential to win.

I confess I'd have probably swerved Baldwin this week at odds of 100/1 or less, but I can still do blind faith at 175/1.

Of the others, that may make me twitch in the in running market if they birdie any of their first 9 holes!!!......

I feel I really should back Danny Willett at 28/1, I don't know why I haven't backed him, (tied 5th for small return last time out) and has a 5th place finish here.

Francesco Molinari 28/1, I had a quick look at the field Sunday night and along with Dyson, Molinari was going to be in my portfolio, I suppose the only recent he isn't is because my other picks were bigger prices, which is probably completely the wrong reason not to back him!

Romain Wattel - 35/1, very close to his first win, can he use the experience of losing a 4 shot lead on the final day to his advantage?

Pablo Larrazabal - 50/1, apart from one dopey hole last week, he player very well and has god credentials for this course.

Peter Uilhein - 45/1, number one angst man for me this week, I backed him at 100/1 last week and for quite a while I thought he was nailed on for top 5 and was quietly confident of a win.

He was second here last year, the one concern is that he is on his way back in terms of form and when the final day pressure was on, his game clearly wasn't up to it. Perhaps a FRL bet will ease my angst.

Good Luck All
  • edited September 2014
    Not sure about your question Dart, I'm hoping it's me, but I doubt it. Ha ha.

In terms of golf betting this week. I'm just going with 1 player. Next to no research done again, the reason for this player, is I had him in my fantasy team as captain last week, then took him out as i realised he had missed the CUT 4 years running! Turned out he played a blinder and only didn't win because he bottled it on Sunday. This week's event he got a T8 2 years ago and a T15 the year before that, so on his current form he should be all over this!

Romain Wattel. £2.50 e/w @ 33/1 outright and aldo £2.50 e/w FRL @ 40/1
  • edited September 2014
    4-5 is the nuts innit??

• edited September 2014
    It sounds much more like your range than it does mine Neil. lol
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open):
    It sounds much more like your range than it does mine Neil. lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

Bang to rights there Charles.. Got my MO all over it. 

• edited September 2014
    Ok this week, if Billy not my hero can do it, so can Casey.  Going for back to back Casey 16/1 ew, and as a back up, Weisberger 35/1 ew.
  • edited September 2014
    Added Danny Willett at 28/1, I'm too weak!

With only the one event and most of my men having early tee times (except Oliver Fisher who is plum last), I've also backed my now 5 picks ew in the FRL market.

Danny Willett - 35/1
    Chris Wood - 66/1
    Oliver Fisher - 66/1
    Kristoffer Broberg - 95/1
    Matthew Baldwin 125/1

Good Luck every one.

• edited September 2014
    A little update for you all,

I mentioned a few months back that my Mrs was pregnant with our 1st child.

This Tuesday at 6.19pm, I became a daddy to a baby girl called Anna. It's been a mad and tiring few days, but well worth it.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open) Who's the Daddy!!:
    A little update for you all, I mentioned a few months back that my Mrs was pregnant with our 1st child. This Tuesday at 6.19pm, I became a daddy to a baby girl called Anna. It's been a mad and tiring few days, but well worth it.
    Posted by splashies
    Congratulations!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open) Who's the Daddy!!:
    A little update for you all, I mentioned a few months back that my Mrs was pregnant with our 1st child. This Tuesday at 6.19pm, I became a daddy to a baby girl called Anna. It's been a mad and tiring few days, but well worth it.
    Posted by splashies
    Well done to Mr, Mrs and Baby Splashies.... May Anna grow up to be a better punter and poker player than the rest of us on here
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by splashies
    many congratulations.

grand slam winner 2034
  • edited September 2014

Congratulations Splashman & Woman! 
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by splashies
    Many congrats mate.

Been away in Torquay since Thursday so only just seen this. Hope everyone is doing well
  • edited September 2014
    Thank you all.
  • edited September 2014
    Wow just seen this!! Belated congrats!! 

Oh and dont worry you will sleep again..... One day :) 
  • edited September 2014
    Congrats Splash!

My Ryder cup bets:

Top Overall Points Scorer - Money Back Special
    Jim Furyk @ 20/1

Top Overall Wildcard Points Scorer
    Ian Poulter @ 15/8
    Top European Rookie Points Scorer
    Jamie Donaldson @ 11/8

(in a double)

Top European Points Scorer - Money Back Special Sergio Garcia @ 13/2

Event Correct Score - Money Back Special
    17.5-10.5 Europe @ 25/1

GL everyone!
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks mate, prob see you on the tables in a bit.

Gl with your bets.
  • edited September 2014
    Splashies do you have one of your spreadsheet things for Ryder?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Ryder Cup):
    Splashies do you have one of your spreadsheet things for Ryder?
    Posted by Ukjoe
    I not too sure what you mean mate.

jdsallstar used to keep a spreadsheet of form etc a while ago and share it on here.

My tips for the Ryder Cup, would be to wait until Dohhh posts his picks and then back the opposite outcome :)

gl.

• edited September 2014

Patrick Reed top USA points scorer @ 20/1 

GITHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • edited September 2014
    16-12 europe  11/1 

mickleson top usa point scorer 13/2 

top european rose 13/2
  • edited September 2014
    Congrats Splash! My Ryder cup bets: Top Overall Points Scorer - Money Back Special Jim Furyk @ 20/1 Top Overall Wildcard Points Scorer Ian Poulter @ 15/8 Top European Rookie Points Scorer Jamie Donaldson @ 11/8 (in a double) Top European Points Scorer - Money Back Special Sergio Garcia @ 13/2 Event Correct Score - Money Back Special 17.5-10.5 Europe @ 25/1 GL everyone!
    Posted by mrdavies
    Hey Mr Davies, just a word of warning for u. Check that your double was accepted ok, as I suspect it wasn't, and u maybe due an unpleasant surprise should it come up. Your bet is what they call in the industry a 'related' bet. Whereby the result of one part of your double (ie Poulter top overall wildcard) affects the outcome of the other (Donaldson top European rookie) because Gallagher is in both markets. 

Edit:- I just tried the same double with skybet, and it was knocked back. 
  • edited September 2014
    My bets are Europe 17-11 20/1, 16.5-11.5 12/1, 16-12 11/1. Rory top European 4/1 and Garcia top European 6/1. Also on Europe to win as part of an acca. 

Come on and kick ar@e!!!
  • edited September 2014
    Patrick Reed top USA points scorer @ 20/1  GITHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well we haven't quite won it yet.... But your bet is up Dohhhhhhh.... Vwd mate
  • edited September 2014
    My bets are Europe 17-11 20/1, 16.5-11.5 12/1, 16-12 11/1. Rory top European 4/1 and Garcia top European 6/1. Also on Europe to win as part of an acca.  Come on and kick ar@e!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Nice one! I was on 5% of that right? ;)
  • edited September 2014
    Cheers Neil, see every once in 18 goes, my 20/1 shot comes in.

Proper punter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent TV, never lets us down.

zzzzzz golf for the next 2 yrs tho
  • edited September 2014
    Also had a tenner on Speith at 22/1 for overall top scorer so was a bit back and forth this afternoon but finished in profit with Justin Rose . (Cheers Hunter for that last hole - what was he thinking)

£5.00 Single

Market

Selection

Price

Hcp

Top European - Ryder Cup 2014
    Top European

Rose, Justin

7/1

Total stake

£ 5.00

Estimated return

£ 40.00

Full stake

£ 5.00

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Ryder Cup) : Nice one! I was on 5% of that right? ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Of course Alan... I even had the foresight to back Johnson to win the 18th at 5/2, so making up for 17-11 becoming 16.5-11.5.... U can have 5% of that too 
  • edited September 2014
    Been out all weekend, but followed bits n pieces of it on R5L, who are amazing at golf commentary. I watched the highlight's show when I got home, and I must say WOW! doesn't the ryder cup always deliver some almost GOD-Like golf and some of the shots were breathtaking! Matt Kuchar's holing out from an Iron Shot in the fairway, and Justin Rose stiffing it from an almost impossible position in the rough..

AND THEN!

Then there was donaldson's magnificent Iron into the green to a foot away "seal the deal" and WIN the ryder cup, was just awesome!

There was just the ONE deciding factor in what really WAS a very close event. The foursomes. The American's Losing the foursomes by 7-1 was just inexcuseable. There's also been alot of heat in the press bout what Mickleson was saying in the aftermath, and I think, YES he is highlighting what was done right when they Won, but that is something which SHOULD be said in a few days time, when looking back and the dust has settled.

Basically by Saying it NOW, when the trophy had only been given out that very same day (probably minutes/hours ago) he really HAS undermimed Watson as Captain and sent out totally the Wrong Signals!!!

Basically, my oppinion is this!

"Come on Phil, If YOU, think that YOU have all the Bright Ideas, they why not YOU step up, Be Captain, and then when we win the ryder cup AGAIN in your OWN backyard, THEN try and tell us what IS/ISN'T right about America's Strategy!"

I think the basica fact at present, is that currently Europe has a Golden Age of Golfer's and that our guys have far more Talent than the American's and are alot more closer-Nit than they can ever DREAM of being...

Whilst this remains in place, I can't see the Americans winning the Ryder Cup much before my Little Niece of 8-9 Months old Goes to Primary School!!!!

Well that's My Rant over with! Happy with the result anyhoo!