You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited August 2014
    well done Neil

I am on Fowler and E. Molinari
  • edited August 2014
    Great result last night Neil wp.
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah, good result Neil. Well done!!I hope it continues for you for the whole of the UKPC
  • edited August 2014
    Nice result joesman - WD

What a night of golf. I,ve decided to to try and cover any losses by laying Rory at 1.96 and 2.9 .(£20) I just think with so many players in such close contention Rory will have to go very low tommorow as its almost gonna be a 1 round shootout between aqbout 15 players. I was hoping Fowler and Rory would go out last togethor tommorow but that looks not to be the case now. Would have been a good battle  between the two and the last pairing will have the advantage of seeing the scores in front of them and knowing how aqgressive to be and the clubhouse score to bt. as they get toward the last few holes 

Bit dissapointed with Westwood. A cpl of schoolboy errors leaving him to much to do and Fowlwer had his chances to go into final round with the lead but he,s still got a gr8 chance tommorow. Shame Mickleson couldn,t finish with an eagle again but just chuffed he,s still right in there after a gr8 last few holes

Looking forward to what promises to be a gr8 nights golf tommorow - GL 

EDIT - When i started this post there were 5 players on 10 under and 15-18 players within 3 shots. Just shows how much it can change within a few holes . I,m sure it will be no different tommorow

Lay (Bet Against)Backer's oddsBacker's stakeYour liabilityRory McIlroy2.9£6.00
    £11.40
    Rory McIlroy1.96£10.00
    £9.60
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP):
    Nice result joesman - WD What a night of golf. I,ve decided to to try and cover any losses by laying Rory at 1.96 and 2.9 .(£20) I just think with so many players in such close contention Rory will have to go very low tommorow as its almost gonna be a 1 round shootout between aqbout 15 players. I was hoping Fowler and Rory would go out last togethor tommorow but that looks not to be the case now. Would have been a good battle  between the two and the last pairing will have the advantage of seeing the scores in front of them and knowing how aqgressive to be and the clubhouse score to bt. as they get toward the last few holes  Bit dissapointed with Westwood. A cpl of schoolboy errors leaving him to much to do and Fowlwer had his chances to go into final round with the lead but he,s still got a gr8 chance tommorow. Shame Mickleson couldn,t finish with an eagle again but just chuffed he,s still right in there after a gr8 last few holes Looking forward to what promises to be a gr8 nights golf tommorow - GL  EDIT - When i started this post there were 5 players on 10 under and 15-18 players within 3 shots. Just shows how much it can change within a few holes . I,m sure it will be no different tommorow Lay (Bet Against) Backer's oddsBacker's stake Your liability Rory McIlroy 2.9 £6.00 £11.40 Rory McIlroy 1.96 £10.00 £9.60
    Posted by MP33
    He has turned into a choker, all his good rounds lately have been early or when he is seemingly out of it and relaxes. Everytime he puts himself into a good position he bottles it. 

Colin montgomerie mark two.
  • edited August 2014

Monty has giant man bo0bs. 

If I was him I honestly would wear a sports bra when playng on TV. 
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks for the congratz guys... Went out of the mini late last night... Decided against trying to qual' for the High Roller... Touch much work stuff to organise before the main event and my hols and then Barcelona tbh.... 

Gl to everyone with chances tonight... Surely Rory will blow cold for once... Though I'm protected by my 'without Rory' stance before the start... Come on Phil and Henrik!!!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP):
    Monty has giant man bo0bs.  If I was him I honestly would wear a sports bra when playng on TV. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol And that belly sloping over his pants _ Best tourney i,ve seen for a while going on start of back 9 - Whoever wins it from the 4 players left  will be a good story

Wish i,d got on the fact that Fowler and Mickelson had been training togethor and learning off each other . Butch Harman said it the other day - they are both 4 and 5 under with halfway to go
  • edited August 2014
    Wp Rory AGAIN!

It seems the European Tour are having a week off and a reality show will take its place.
  • edited August 2014
    Was an excellent game by Rory. Had a saver on him at 6/1 as i had 1st and 2nd at the time. by 2 shots. Would have still liked to see Phil win but he,ll be there again esp in the majors
  • edited August 2014
    Hope I can be forgiven for backing a fav this week... But fancy Snedeker v strongly, so stepped in and took the early 16/1 with Corals
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wyndham + Made In Denmark):
    Hope I can be forgiven for backing a fav this week... But fancy Snedeker v strongly, so stepped in and took the early 16/1 with Corals
    Posted by joesman1
    After the run you've been on I reckon you are entitled to back whoever you want.

Just wish you'd let me get my £1ew on at 16/1 before you scared Corals off!
  • edited August 2014
    So the run good continues.....

As for this week, in the USA, as already declared, it's Snedeker 16/1 ew with Corals... In Denmark, I'm taking one local player who played quite well last week, one mid priced golfer whose won far more often then people realise, and a dangerous floater who has threatened to go close a couple of times recently.. So it's Olesen 22/1, Hoey 50/1, and Kieffer 66/1. All ew

Gl all.....

Edit:- 2nd week on the trot I've managed to pick a non-runner. I've moved Kieffer to an afternoon starter, bit of a sentimental bet, in that it's his last year on tour, playing in his own country, Jan-Derkson 100/1 ew
  • edited August 2014
    I was obviously suffering from jet lag yesterday as when I checked my bet it turned out I'd backed the wrong player, which is pretty embarrasing.

I meant to back:

Rafa Cabrera-Bello - 125/1
    Lucas Bjerregaard - 55/1

Instead I backed

Rafa Cabrera-Bello -125/1
    Morten Orum Madsen -66/1

So now I've got both Danes doubled with Rafa.

Today was better, my patience was rewarded and I got 16/1 on Brandt Snedeker and doubled him with last weeks forum favourite Thomas Bjorn at 12/1.

Also:

Matthew Baldwin 50/1
    Brooks Koepka 40/1
    Each way outright singles and doubles and same again for FRL

Romain Wattel -50/1
    Billy Horschel -50/1
    Each way singles and double outright

And finally I've backed the man I didn't pick, Madsen awe at 60/1 for FRL, again doubled with Rafa at 100/1 FRL

Good Luck All

• edited August 2014
    So the run good continues..... As for this week, in the USA, as already declared, it's Snedeker 16/1 ew with Corals... In Denmark, I'm taking one local player who played quite well last week, one mid priced golfer whose won far more often then people realise, and a dangerous floater who has threatened to go close a couple of times recently.. So it's Olesen 22/1, Hoey 50/1, and Kieffer 66/1. All ew Gl all..... Edit:- 2nd week on the trot I've managed to pick a non-runner. I've moved Kieffer to an afternoon starter, bit of a sentimental bet, in that it's his last year on tour, playing in his own country, Jan-Derkson 100/1 ew
    Posted by joesman1
    So I've a golfer just on the periphial in both events.. Olesen and Snedeker... One might win.. Both might... One might place... Both might... Neither might not place.... Do I care right now?? What do u think?? Do I foooook lol.....
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wyndham + Made In Denmark) : So I've a golfer just on the periphial in both events.. Olesen and Snedeker... One might win.. Both might... One might place... Both might... Neither might not place.... Do I care right now?? What do u think?? Do I foooook lol.....
    Posted by joesman1
    i'll have whatever you're having........ lol

really wp mr strike and best of luck tomorrow!! 
  • edited August 2014
    Congrats Neil £20k richer!
  • edited August 2014
    Well done Neil! Great performance all weekend from what I hear. You're right, I should of put you in my fantasy team! haha
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks guys... Was a fun filled weekend, just a downer that the golf only returned a part ew return on Snedeker. So the 'winning' run on the golf halted at 6 weeks, but instead I've had 7 weeks with a return (should be a politician lol)...

This week again I suspect I won't get to watch it, so just one pick from each event. Aguilar in Europe, 50/1 ew. And sticking with Snedeker in the USA, 40/1 for a bit (Betvictor getting v funny with stakes now) 33/1 for more with The Power.

Gl guys
  • edited August 2014
    I'm just sticking with the European tour again this week. Looking for some good outsiders.

Rikard Karlberg - 45/1 (OK not really an outsider)
    David Lipsky - 100/1
    David Drysdale - 80/1
    S.S.P Chowrasia - 200/1
  • edited August 2014
    I never doubted Neil and picked him as my captain in the fantasy comp, so in keeping with the strategy of staying loyal to my favorites, my first singles and double this week were:

Graham DeLaet - 80/1 ( I was at the front of the queue so got the best price)
    Danny Willett - 16/1

Followed by:

Brandt Snedeker - 40/1
    Emiliano Grillo - 50/1

Hunter Mahan - 45/1
    Matthew Baldwin - 66/1

Roy Ishikawa -300/1
    SSP Chowrasia -200/1

Good Luck Alll
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! Joesman wins lots of money @ poker! (The Barclays + Czech Masters):
    I never doubted Neil and picked him as my captain in the fantasy comp, so in keeping with the strategy of staying loyal to my favorites, my first singles and double this week were: Graham DeLaet - 80/1 ( I was at the front of the queue so got the best price) Danny Willett - 16/1 Followed by: Brandt Snedeker - 40/1 Emiliano Grillo - 50/1 Hunter Mahan - 45/1 Matthew Baldwin - 66/1 Roy Ishikawa -300/1 SSP Chowrasia -200/1 Good Luck Alll
    Posted by TheDart[/QUOTE

Did u win? I guessed it would have been between u and Maxally, as u two were only sensible entrants in the competition!!!

If so, I'm on 33%!!!!

Anyways to more important matters.... 1/2 way through the 1st round I'm getting a tad excited... Nope nothing to do with Aguilar, as he doesn't tee off til this after'.... It's our man Yevgenvy..... He's beating Colstarts, World Match-Play finalist... Gan on Yevgeny!!!!!

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! Joesman wins lots of money @ poker! (The Barclays + Czech Masters):
    I never doubted Neil and picked him as my captain in the fantasy comp, so in keeping with the strategy of staying loyal to my favorites, my first singles and double this week were: Graham DeLaet - 80/1 ( I was at the front of the queue so got the best price) Danny Willett - 16/1 Followed by: Brandt Snedeker - 40/1 Emiliano Grillo - 50/1 Hunter Mahan - 45/1 Matthew Baldwin - 66/1 Roy Ishikawa -300/1 SSP Chowrasia -200/1 Good Luck Alll
    Posted by TheDart
    Wd fella.... At least somebody had a winning weekend!!
  • edited August 2014

Struggled to get into the studying this week, the bookies have strangled the value out of the locals, with the Molinari brothers and Manessero obvious picks, I thought about Eddie Pepperoni, but best priced 40/1 is not quite tempting enough.

A quick look at the stats last year and I see that the top 3 longest drivers last year, all made top 15 and winner Julien Quesne was ranked 64th out of 75 players for driving accuracy hitting only 50% of the fairways, so perhaps a chance for bombers to open their shoulders and go for it, with that in mind, I'm following a simple strategy that suited Flash earlier in the year.....back a few bombers.

Thomas Pieter - 100/1, having some good weeks and some bad weeks, when he has a good week he looks capable of winning, hits it a mile, so hopefully it will be a good week.

Alexander Levy - 50/1, brought home the money for Flash at 3 figures when he had his week of backing bombers, I won't complain if Levy, gets his second win of the year.

Alvaro Quiros - 66/1, struggled with injury last season, but still managed one of only 2013 top 10's here, still on the road back, light schedule and still trying to get back to the heights he achieved before injury, this week could be another step in the right direction.

George Coetzee - 40/1, not played in Europe since an 18th place in The Open, seems to have been playing a light schedule by choice, he's long off the tee, but that's for show, more importantly he's been leading or close to the top of the putting stats on both tours this year, so more than capable of earning the dough.

Merrick Bremner - 150/1, I've backed him before when the tour is in South Africa and I know Flash picked him out recently only for Merrick to have a nightmare first round. He managed his best finish on the European Tour last week with a tied 3rd and is a multiple winner on the Sunshine Tour. I came across a profile which reads, 'Bremner is notorious as a huge hitter of the ball, and many believe him to be the longest hitter on the Sunshine Tour'. That will do for me at 150/1.

• edited August 2014
    Not done much research this week again. Last week all my picks had a nightmare Sunday when they all had a chance of E/W places. My team captain Donaldson did go on to win though. This week I was just going to back my captain,, Stephen Gallacher but he is best priced 18/1 with the bookies I'm with, so I decided to go with Cabrera Bello @40/1. He has been away from the European tour for a while, so i think 40/1 is a little generous considering the quality fields he has been in with.
  • edited August 2014
    Well done Darty last week, gl all this week.
  • edited August 2014
    Cheers Neil and Splashies.

Right now I'm on a roll (one winner counts as the beginning of a roll, right?) on  the PGA Tour, my picks for the Deutsche Bank are:

Matt Kuchar - 20/1, loads to like about Koooch this week, though 20/1 is a bit skinny.

Patrick Reed - 40/1, I've been in and out of the Patrick Reed camp recently, I think he looks good value this week, at least for a place.

Charl Schwartzel - 45/1, if he can cut out the one bad round, or even bad 9 holes and if the putting stroke behaves, he must surely go close to a top 5 at the very least.

Bo Van Pelt - 100/1, put in a good performance last week, has the ability to shoot low rounds of the day and this is a week where players need to go low.
  • edited August 2014
    Bit late posting... Bloody sun and poker getting in the way, but back to reality today as I fly home later. 

My picks this week are Weisberger 28/1, and followed Darty for my next two as we all know, when u wait ages for a bus, invariably two arrive at once. So it's Pieters and Bremner too. All ew.

In the USA it's Stenson 18/1, and chasing the same bus as above, Bo Van Pelt. Again both ew.

Gl all
  • edited August 2014
    Oh yeah, well done on Mahan last week Dart. Sorry Golf has taken a back seat for a few weeks, so not really taken much notice of everyones picks.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Deutsche Bank + Italian Open):
    Oh yeah, well done on Mahan last week Dart. Sorry Golf has taken a back seat for a few weeks, so not really taken much notice of everyones picks.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thanks and no apologies necessary.

I can understand why you wouldn't have been taking much notice of my picks recently :)

By the way, with reference to your single pick on Cabrera-Bello this week, in future I'd check who my star player is the fantasy competition before placing bets, as this season it invariably means that said player will have an off week as my star player Rafa proved this week.

Good luck on and off the tables and in and out of the bookies.