You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In early this week... Giving Grace another go in this event as he owes me nothing having won it for me before, 100/1. Weisberger 50/1. Willet 40/1 they are all with paddy power ew 1st six... I've also backed Rock 125/1 and Siem 150/1 ew 1st five with skybet.

Just think it's safer to leave the Ryder Cup boys alone this week. Though I might get tempted to back Dubuisson win only, as he was lightly used, and likes playing in the wind.
  • edited September 2014
    dubuisson will win a major within 2 years nerves of steel 
  • edited September 2014
    I've spread the love a bit this week. Like Neil I've avoided the Ryder Cup boys as they probably still have a hang over. (Saying that, Rory would still win with a hangover if he plays anything like he has been lately.)

Tommy Fleetwood - 28/1
    Ernie Els - 50/1
    Eddie Pepperell - 50/1
    Marc Warren - 40/1
    Shane Lowry 25/1
    Simon Dyson - 50/1
  • edited October 2014
    did this bet after an offer of money back as a free bet if it loses up to £10

Just watched the last 3 holes and i can,t see him holding his bottle. Despite being 3 shots ahead going into the final round  he,s still 4/1 so i might lay some of it off

Ps - Could have really done with him taking one of those birdie chances at the end but his putting looks terrible

DateBet RefW/P/S StakeBet TypeEvent/MarketSelectionHcpPriceResultStatusTotal StakeReturn
    10/2/2014 9:49:22 PM194/
    W:10.00SingleOutright - Alfred Dunhill Links ChampionshipWilson, Oliver 28/1OpenO£10.00£0.00
  • edited October 2014
    Done my brains in this week on the golf. As well as above, had in running bets on Woods, Dubuisson, and topped up on Siem... But just want to say, I'm really chuffed for one of the good guys in the game. Well done Oliver Wilson, at long last, the monkey is off your back. U could see how much it meant to him and his Mrs. 

But I'm not not alone in backing half the field and still not getting a return.... I think with Flash and Darty we covered nearly 20 players, avoided all the Ryder Cup players - which was a good move - and still zip, nil, nada.... Unless Flash had Tommy boy ew, then at least he got his money back.
  • edited October 2014
    Well, work got in the way of golf and general armchair sports participation over the last couple of weeks, but I managed to catch up with a bag of pain over the weekend with the Dunhill Links.

As Neil posted above, between us I think we took care of virtually every possible scenario except one and that was the feel good win for Oliver Wilson.

As my main pre tournament bet, 100/1 shot Chris Wood dropped from the lead down to 6th, thanks to a belated 2 shot penalty on the first, as my final fling of the dice in 18/1 shot Richie Ramsay went 2 shots clear with 3 to play, only to go bogey, bogey, par, as I chuckled a little as Rory putted his third shot into the road hole bunker on 17, the one outcome I couldn't begrudge was watching Oliver Wilson bounce back into fulltime European Tour golf with the win.

I didn't see a single shot of the Ryder Cup, more importantly I missed the announcement of new arrival Anna Splashies, so belated but sincere congratulations to the Splashies family!!!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links) DOHHH backs 20/1 Ryder Cup Winning Bet!:
    Well, work got in the way of golf and general armchair sports participation over the last couple of weeks, but I managed to catch up with a bag of pain over the weekend with the Dunhill Links. As Neil posted above, between us I think we took care of virtually every possible scenario except one and that was the feel good win for Oliver Wilson. As my main pre tournament bet, 100/1 shot Chris Wood dropped from the lead down to 6th, thanks to a belated 2 shot penalty on the first, as my final fling of the dice in 18/1 shot Richie Ramsay went 2 shots clear with 3 to play, only to go bogey, bogey, par, as I chuckled a little as Rory putted his third shot into the road hole bunker on 17, the one outcome I couldn't begrudge was watching Oliver Wilson bounce back into fulltime European Tour golf with the win. I didn't see a single shot of the Ryder Cup, more importantly I missed the announcement of new arrival Anna Splashies, so belated but sincere congratulations to the Splashies family!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    Thank you.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Alfred Dunhill Links) DOHHH backs 20/1 Ryder Cup Winning Bet!:
    Done my brains in this week on the golf. As well as above, had in running bets on Woods, Dubuisson, and topped up on Siem... But just want to say, I'm really chuffed for one of the good guys in the game. Well done Oliver Wilson, at long last, the monkey is off your back. U could see how much it meant to him and his Mrs.  But I'm not not alone in backing half the field and still not getting a return.... I think with Flash and Darty we covered nearly 20 players, avoided all the Ryder Cup players - which was a good move - and still zip, nil, nada.... Unless Flash had Tommy boy ew, then at least he got his money back.
    Posted by joesman1
    Bit embarrassing, I totally forgot I backed Tommy. I knew I had him in my fantasy team, but thought I'd skipped backing him as he was 28/1. I was actually hoping he didn't birdie the last so Ollie could win, what a clown, if only I had remembered I actually wanted him to win hahaha!! I did have him e/w so got some returns there. I also got paid 6 places on Lowry, but as it was a 3 way tie for 6th I only made about £2 on that bet! Think I must of made a little bit this week, but mot much, maybe break even at worst.

• edited October 2014
    1st in again this week, as I've money to re-coup... Took the 50/1 ew about Ilonen before it disappeared. More to follow....

Edit:- Additions are Weisberger 16/1 ew - just think he's due to win very soon. Siem 50/1 ew - a streaky player who having shown form last week will I feel kick on. Why Illonen?? Dunno, just gut feeling.. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open):
    Right then only one tournament this week so plenty of time to study and post picks. In the meantime, I've a little teaser I recently came across some notes I made on a player from 2010. This person does post on here, who do you reckon my player notes are for, bearing in mind this thread didn't exist in 2010, so said player was a complete stranger to me back then.... good player, bullied me in £15k final with 45 bluff, showed it on tv, nice bloke
    Posted by TheDart
    Just realized I didn't reveal who my notes were on....

No doubt really, it could only be Joesman1.

Though I would say back in 2010, I thought virtually everyone on the site was a good player :)
  • edited October 2014
    None of this spread betting for me this week. One player on each tour (Both the winners)

Bernd Wiesberger - 16/1

-------

Hunter Mahan - 20/1
  • edited October 2014

Opposite strategy to Flash for me, I'm indulging myself with a few bets and setting myself up for a bit of armchair excitement on Thursday.

Portugal Masters, if you look at the results history of this tournament it's easy to establish the profile for the type of player you should be backing this week, someone who plays well in the wind and is comfortable on open links type courses.

Previous winners Lynn, Lowry, Lewis, Green, Westwood, Quiros and Webster all fit the profile as do the top 15 or so players in the betting, so I think we have a wide open event in Portugal this week.

Frys.com Open, first event of the 2014/15 season, with a right mixture of regular tour players and newbies, some who have had a break, some who have been keeping pretty busy. It feels like picking the winner here is like throwing darts in the dark and the best strategy may well be leave it alone, but I'm set up for a Thursday of armchair viewing, so I've at least got to have a stab in the dark.

I've paired my picks this week, for singles and a double:

Couple Number 1
    Chris Wood - 50/1
    , after calling a 2 shot penalty on himself on the first at St Andrews on Sunday and still finishing tied 9th, I expected a bit of a punters love in for Chris Wood this week, particularly as his fitness and form is on the up. He hasn't played this event very much, but he did finish tied 10th on his debut. I was hoping to grab 33/1 from the early prices, I'm very Surprised he's still available at 50/1 or even 40/1.

Brooks Koepka - 28/1, looked like winning this event on his debut last year, before eventually finishing 3rd. Now has his card for the PGATour and has been playing very well over the last few months.

Couple Number 2
    Nicolas Colsaerts - 40/1, last year David Lynn came back to Europe in the Autumn after playing most of the season on the PGA Tour and in doing so won this event. Nicolas Colsaerts has followed a similar path to Lynn this year and to boost the confidence, he was tied 4th last time out at the Wales Open and was tied 15th last season. I was very surprised to see him priced as big as 40/1.

Graham DeLaet - 25/1, my excuse here is that I liked the idea of a double with 2 bombers, so its the Belgium Bomber and the Bearded Bomber for me.

Couple Number 3
    Matthew Baldwin - 150/1, sometimes when players pull off a shock win, they will tell you during the winners interview, that they have been playing well for weeks, things just hadn't quite clicked into place, that they knew they were ready for a big week and so on, when you hear this you are left thinking I wish I'd known that!

Well Matthew Baldwin has missed his last 3 cuts and is seemingly struggling, but this is what he said when he was staring at a missed cut in Scotland last week...

'As daft as it sounds currently sat at 4 over my golf game is so close to being the best it's ever been.'

'Game, focus and concentration and a great week is just around the corner. Need to have the patience to wait for that week.'

Matthew Baldwin has the player profile that fits this course, he was tied 15th last year and has shot under par in each of his last 7 rounds here.

Could this be the week for Matthew Baldwin? At 150/1 ew first 5 it would be a darn good week to do it.

Bo Van Pelt - 66/1, he had some good to exceptional rounds towards the end of last season. His game, form and confidence is heading in the right direction and you'd expect him to be raring to go this week.

Couple Number 4
    Andy Sullivan - 100/1
    , playing very well at the moment, his best results have been at events where you'd expect conditions to be similar to this week. Decent performances here in the last 2 years despite coming into the event in fairly ordinary form. Good ew value at 100/1

Justin Thomas - 80/1, Purely based on the fact that he appeared to be the best performer on the Web.com Tour last season and that 80/1 looks good value for a player that could well settle in on tour very quickly.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open) : Just realized I didn't reveal who my notes were on.... No doubt really, it could only be Joesman1. Though I would say back in 2010, I thought virtually everyone on the site was a good player :)
    Posted by TheDart
    I remember that was my 1st main event win... Totally ran over the f/t, finally finishing with 18 heads . Thought the record would stand for ever... But it only lasted 2 weeks til a female player took 21... I've only won Primo once though, think Mr Flash can beat that in a month?? 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Wales Open) : I remember that was my 1st main event win... Totally ran over the f/t, finally finishing with 18 heads . Thought the record would stand for ever... But it only lasted 2 weeks til a female player took 21... I've only won Primo once though, think Mr Flash can beat that in a month?? 
    Posted by joesman1
    Ha! Kind of, Think it was 5 weeks. They were however (and still are) my only 2 ever Primo wins!
  • edited October 2014
    This reminds me very much of the Dutch Open a few weeks ago. My main fancy Weisberger out in the 1st group in the morning. So hopefully he will follow Luitens example and lay an early marker down that no one will match. 22/1 ew I feel like last time, is over the odds for a joint fav going out in the best conditions. Bogey bogey start then.... 
  • edited October 2014
    did this bet after an offer of money back as a free bet if it loses up to £10 Just watched the last 3 holes and i can,t see him holding his bottle. Despite being 3 shots ahead going into the final round  he,s still 4/1 so i might lay some of it off Ps - Could have really done with him taking one of those birdie chances at the end but his putting looks terrible Date Bet Ref W/P/S Stake Bet Type Event/Market Selection Hcp Price Result Status Total Stake Return 10/2/2014 9:49:22 PM 194/ 436 W:10.00 Single Outright - Alfred Dunhill Links Championship Wilson, Oliver   28/1 Open O £10.00 £0.00
    Posted by MP33
    Just spotted my bet didn,t fit on the screen but it was £10 on Oliver Wilson at 28/1 (at the end of day 1) . It was a risk free bet that had to be placed "in play" but as i very rarely have £10 on any players or that much on such a big price it was always with the aim of laying him off if i got chance to make a few quid, so i ended up laying him and making just under £100 profit. Wish id let it ride now but i don,t think anyone could have seen him come back to win after losing his 3 shot overnight lead in the first few holes and slipping from 1st to joint 4th (also behind mclroy). His price must have been huge then as he went to 35/1 when he got back to joint second - 1 off the lead but just landed in a pot hole bunker from his T shot on a par 5 wiith a few holes remaining. Couldn,t beleive he went on to win it . Everything just fell into place for him incl. his opponents messing up just at the right time as already mentioned in previous posts

Anyway onto this week and this is purely based on the fact that he played well last weekend and although its a much different course he must be high on confidence and think he,s overpriced  : GL folks

Placed (matched)

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Portugal Masters 2014
    Raphael JacquelinWinner90£2.50
    £222.50
    Ref: 42136988975M Matched: 21:35 08-Oct-14
  • edited October 2014
    Decent little bink in last nights main darty wp. Not far off a little jackpot bonus either! 
  • edited October 2014

.....Darty should be focussing on this week's Scoop6 rather than this bloody golf lark and smashing MTT's to bits.

(nice results BTW)  ;)
  • edited October 2014
    You smashing up the poker tables again Darty? Good work fella!
  • edited October 2014
    Great result last night Darty.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters):
    Decent little bink in last nights main darty wp. Not far off a little jackpot bonus either! 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    What? Where? When? Spill!!!!!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters) : What? Where? When? Spill!!!!!
    Posted by joesman1

Last night's 6K Main rebuy.....

Clyde42016980001st/319£1877.20
    TheDart02£1083

+ the mini....

TheDart017£32.64
  • edited October 2014
    Cheers guys, yep really enjoyed myself last night and through to the early hours of the morning.

I better not bore you with the details, the main event finished at 3:00am so there was 7 hours of details!

I was leading the mini for a long time and actually hanging on in there in the main, such is life in poker, fortunes turned and I obviously kicked on in the main and ran out of steam in the mini.

Got to love poker on nights like that :)

Edit: Having your name in 'lights' on the golf forum title, is almost, (almost) worth more than the money. :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters) Darty Finishes 2nd in Weds Main Event!:
    Cheers guys, yep really enjoyed myself last night and through to the early hours of the morning. I better not bore you with the details, the main event finished at 3:00am so there was 7 hours of details! I was leading the mini for a long time and actually hanging on in there in the main, such is life in poker, fortunes turned and I obviously kicked on in the main and ran out of steam in the mini. Got to love poker on nights like that :) Edit: Having your name in 'lights' on the golf forum title, is almost, (almost) worth more than the money. :)
    Posted by TheDart[/QUOTE

Phone not working u ignoranious t@at?? As for finishing 2nd, ask Maxally for advice on how to cope with the near miss. Seriously though, well done. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters) Darty Finishes 2nd in Weds Main Event!:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Frys.com + Portugal Masters) Darty Finishes 2nd in Weds Main Event! :
    Cheers guys, yep really enjoyed myself last night and through to the early hours of the morning. I better not bore you with the details, the main event finished at 3:00am so there was 7 hours of details! I was leading the mini for a long time and actually hanging on in there in the main, such is life in poker, fortunes turned and I obviously kicked on in the main and ran out of steam in the mini. Got to love poker on nights like that :) Edit: Having your name in 'lights' on the golf forum title, is almost, (almost) worth more than the money. :) Posted by TheDart[/QUOTE Phone not working u ignoranious t@at?? As for finishing 2nd, ask Maxally for advice on how to cope with the near miss. Seriously though, well done. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Couldn't work out what you meant, then I checked my phone.....oops!
  • edited October 2014
    Nice going Dart - Just had a £5 Freebet on Brandon Grace to finish in top 5 - He did ok last week and is always capable of putting a good round togethor Got 17/2
  • edited October 2014
    On my travels again, so enforced break from the tables since Saturday and a few more days to come.

I've just had the one French themed bet this week, kick started by main fancy for the week, which is Gregory Boudry.

Matchplay - Victor Dubuison 8/1
    Hong Kong - Gregory Bourdy 22/1
    Shriners - Graham DeLaet 28/1

Ok the last one may not be French, but in the absence of French Nationals on the PGA tour, I had to go with someone who had a French sounding name.

Singles, doubles and a treble.

• edited October 2014
    Edit to the above post.

I told a lie, as it slipped my mind that I'd already backed:

Ricardo Gonzalez - 80/1
    Roy Ishikawa - 66/1

Each way singles and an each way double

Plus a £1 ew on 750/1 shot Simon Yates as I'm always intrigued to see how he plays, not to mention the fact that he has a top 10 here in the past.

• edited October 2014
    Duibisson 9/1 to beat Donaldson 11/1 in the final. Backed both ew... Simples innit??  ��

Edit:- Added Bourdy ew 20/1 in Hong Kong, and Snedeker ew 33/1 in USA.. And a little ew double..
  • edited October 2014
    Very little research and last minute betting for me.

I decided to skip the Matchplay event this week as it was going to cost too much considering the lack of research. FWIW I would of backed Dubuisson and Stenson, so unlucky you 2 on Dubuisson.

Hong Kong

Colsaerts - 16/1
    Jacquelin - 40/1

Shriners

Koepka - 22/1
    Moore - 22/1

£1 e/w doubles