You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Can,t really say much thought went into these picks . I saw these guys near the top of the leaderboard and wanted some extra interest as i hope to watch it tommorw night. GL

Deutsche Bank Championship 2014 - Winner

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Ryan Palmer24£0.08
    £1.84

Ryan Palmer24£2.19
    £50.37

Chesson Hadley85£1.37
    £115.08

Chesson Hadley80£0.63
    £49.77

Russell Henley30£2.50
    £72.50

• edited September 2014
    I'm in 1st this week so u all know what to avoid. I always like to back Dredge here, as going back over the years he used to love it here. He always brings his family and embraces the resort. But feel he's now underpriced due to a couple of recent good results.

I'm focusing on two players who went very close last week, and one who has the game to thrive on these massive par 5's in the high altitude Swiss Mountains. Fisher 45/1, Howell 70/1 and Quiros 80/1 are the men for me.

I'm still shaking my head at Horschel's totally bottled approach to the 18th tonight. I took the 15/2 and backed him ew this afternoon. What a complete ****. Have u ever seen such a poor shot?? He even managed to **** up the full ew return. Rant over. 
  • edited September 2014
    OMEGA MASTERS

So in reply to Neil's post, what's the opposite of two great minds think alike?

I've done the opposite to Neil and backed Bradley Dredge at 40/1.

I just think he looks so good at the moment and as Neil said he clearly loves this event, so I'm on.

Main bet this week is Kristofer Broberg at 66/1, admittedly he doesn't have the course form that many do this week, but he did play 4 rounds here last year when not fully fit and on top of his game.

It's a different story for Broberg this year, fully fit and putting in some impressive performances, I fancy he could be ready for that first win on the main tour and this course should suit his game.

Next up for me is Brooks Koepka at 33/1, he was 7th here on his debut last season and played very well in the last 2 majors, he'll be one of those players who will be loving those reachable par 5's this week.

Finally I can't leave out Danny Willet at 25/1 this week, he's a tied 2nd here a couple of years ago and has had a largely consistent season. He had a week off last week, so the back should be well rested.
  • edited September 2014
    BMW

Jimmy Walker - 33/1,
    I just think he might have one more win in him this season, his game should suit this course and I read that he was one of only a handful of players with a little recent course knowledge / experience.

Hunter Mahan - 40/1, After his first win for 2 years, I  think last weeks low key performance was understandable. This weeks venue is said to suit accuracy and tee to green Hunter is currently one of the best, if he gets the putter going again, there's not reason why he can't win his second play-off event.

Martin Kaymer - 50/1, tied 7th last week was his best finish since his superb US Open win, any suggestion of a return to form is worth taking a punt on at odds of 50/1.
    Edit: missed the 50/1 so upped my stake and took 35/1 without Rory, that will teach the bookies!!!

Graeme Mcdowell - 50/1, suggestions of a traditional course with penal rough, always brings GMAC into the reckoning and at 50/1 he's another that looks good value this week.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • edited September 2014
    I,ve gone with the Dart this week 

Didn,t really want to place so much on each player but if they get into good positions i,ll lay some off it off ( I had 2 x £10 freebets to use up and the prices seemed reasonable. GL guys - esp the dart :)

• Selection:
      Dredge, Bradley
      Market:
      Short-Term Outrights
      Event:
      Omega European Masters 2014 - Winner
      Stake/Odds:
      £10.00 @ 40.00
      Return:
      £390.00
    • Selection:
      Willett, Daniel
      Market:
      Short-Term Outrights
      Event:
      Omega European Masters 2014 - Winner
      Stake/Odds:
      £10.00 @ 30.00
      Return:
      £290.00
  • edited September 2014
    Wasn't going to have a bet this week, but I'm fed up of keep seeing my captain either place or win and I have no money on them...

Victor Dubuisson - 14/1

------

Rory McIlroy - 9/2

-------

£2 e/w double
  • edited September 2014
    In the USA:- Garcia 22/1 McDowell 45/1 and Yul-Noh 110/1 all ew

Gl
  • edited September 2014
    F?! k it wasnt gonna post in case i scud it but cant resist. I've horschel and palmer backed from wed night at 60/1 and 80/1. 

Cue the epic collapse!! 
  • edited September 2014
    Nice one Mr JD! Shame about Palmer, but at least Horschel got the job done for you! :)
  • edited September 2014
    Nice JD

How much you have on him

Rory for next week
  • edited September 2014
    cheers guys!!

only £2 ew on both and yeah disappointed palmer dropped that shot to go into a tie for 5th but still it's a long time since ive had a win let alone a win and a place (albeit a share).

Stuarty I cant put money on rory he'll be about 4/1 lol

Maybe bubba...... but he'll be short too
  • edited September 2014
    Thought I'd actually post my picks up before a ball is hit this week. 

Outright

Bubba 20/1
    Kaymer 25/1

Both players seem to be returning to their earlier season form where they were both very competitive. 

Frl

Palmer 29/1 played really well last week and apart from a dodgy last 9 holes looked he had the right attitude and game to shoot low scores 

Matsuyama 33/1 just a feeling with this one but played quite nicely in spells last week. 
  • edited September 2014
    Well done last week JD, especially posting your picks before the final day.

It took some balls on your part, for taking on the forum jinx like that, even if you were double handed :)

I've been having a look at the KLM Open and on first glance, I like the chances of around 80 players in the field this week, so not sure how I'm going to arrive at a sensible shortlist here!

Different story for me at the Tour Championship, where nobody really gives me any strong vibes, which doesn't seem quite right given that its the tours grand finale.
  • edited September 2014
    KLM Open

Shortlist of 80, reduced down to 5 in record time:

Oliver Fisher - 75/1 -  Promised much when he arrived on tour in 2007, but despite a win in 2011, his performances could be described as sporadic.

Having his most consistent season on tour this year, with 4 top 10's already, which is reflected in his stats, in particular his stroke average which is almost a full shot lower than any previous year.

He struggled last year, but his best performance came on this course with a tied 11th and I always like it when a player plays well at a particular course when he's in the middle of a slump in form.

Proved links and wind player, represents good value in a wide open field this week.

Shane Lowry - 28/1 - Looks really comfortable in his environment on the tour these days and you get the impression he's in a good place on and off the course which is a great combination to have.

He's played some really good quality golf in recent months with some excellent results, whilst keeping just below the main media radar. Conditions will suit his natural ability this week.

Nicolas Colsaerts - 66/1 - Mixing it on both tours, he's had a very quiet summer, now back full time on the European Tour, he had a fast finishing never nearer tied 13th last week for his best result since a tied 2nd in April.

I did think it might be too soon to jump back onto Colsearts, but I know he's an accomplished links player and closer inspection shows 2 top 10's in this event in the last 4 years, I then discovered that in 2009 he gained his first professional tour win on the Challenge Tour in Holland, so that was enough for me and the 66/1 now looks too good to refuse.

Peter Uilhein - 100/1- Last week it was a toss up for me between Uilhein and his mate Brooks Koepka, I went for his mate Koepka at 33/1 as he had the better course and current form, it proved the right choice as Koepka finished tied 3rd but Uilhein who is coming back into form from injury, recovered well from a poor first round, suggesting he's close to competing again.

This week the bookies have spoilt the fun with Koepka, pricing him at 20/1, whereas Uilhein is 5 times the price at 100/1.

Koepke clearly has a great chance this week, but no way is he 5 times better than close buddy Uilhein, I'll take my chances on a top 5 for Uilhein at 20/1 with the bonus chance of a 100/1 for the win.

Matthew Baldwin - 125/1 - With 4 top 5's and 11 missed cuts, this season has been about peaks and troughs for Matthew Baldwin.

On first glance his recent results might not look like he's about to hit another peak, but I beg to differ.

After missed cuts at the Scottish, The Open and in Denmark, he was looking at another missed cut 2 events ago at the Czech Open, but pulled off what he described as a 'sneaky birdie' on his 36th hole to make the cut he then played a strong weekend to climb the leaderboard to 13th.

Last week a tied 54th at the European Masters might not look that good and actually it isn't, but for Baldwin it represents a first cut made at the event and 4 days of what he described as strong mentally and a real grind, which would suggest he is not entirely at home up in the mountains of Switzerland.

This week in Holland however, Baldwin is back in a setting he grew up on, links golf in the wind and with a game and mind that promises to be ready to compete this week, he could be in for another big week.
  • edited September 2014

Tour Championship

29 runners, first 12 in the market 25/1 or less, a favorite who can win at a canter and only 4 places paid, I can't get too enthused about this from a betting perspective.

Hunter Mahan - 33/1, since his win 3 weeks ago, he's been at the back of the field in the last 2 events, perhaps he'd have preferred a break, perhaps that win took too much out of him , perhaps he subconsciously took a break over the last 2 weeks, leaving his A game in the locker knowing he would be in the top 5 going into the tour finale and have the chance to secure the Fed-Ex millions.

I fancy he'll either finish this top 4 or last 4, at 33/1 I'll take my chances that Hunter has one last big push left in him.

Bill Haas - 20/1 (without Rory), gone along nicely in the play offs without really getting into the big pressure stuff, could have timed his run nicely and of course won here a few years back. (when beating Hunter Mahan in a play off).

He's 28/1 outright, but I preferred the 20/1 without Rory to get the extra place position, as I think this is Rory's to lose.

Patrick Reed - 66/1 (without Rory), after looking like one of the favorites and with a great chance of winning at the half way stage 2 week ago, he fell quickly from grace with a shocking 3rd round 82.

He followed that shocker up with 3 poor rounds last week, but closed with a 'bounce back' 3 under 67 last Sunday.

The bookies aren't scared though and have priced him up as one of the outsiders, its a speculative, tentative ew without Rory at 66/1 for me.

• edited September 2014
    Vwd JD.... Nice touch...

After the sick bad beat on the 71st hole on Sunday, I was gonna give posting my picks a miss for a while, esp' as my fancies this week are a bit boring.... But hey ho, here I go.....

KLM..... Best player in the field, threatening to win, on a course he knows, won last year, need I carry on?? I took the early 14/1 Stan James put up, and as he's out 4th group in the morning, I thought the 25/1 FRL they are offering is amazing value, so I've had as much on that market as him winning it, both ew. That's it in Europe.

Tour Champ' I've put Rory in a treble that started with England to best Switzerland last night, and Yorkshire to beat Notts in the cricket, (if it's a draw, it's classed as a non runner and becomes a double). Like Darty said, hard to find value in this shortened field. My only other bet is Mr reliable Furyk, in the without Rory market, 9/1 ew. Can't see him out of the top four, but can't see him beating Rory either. 

Gl all
  • edited September 2014
    Not done any research this week, still licking my wounds after thinking the double was on after 2 rounds last week. Going to just copy you 2 pros. Mixture of both your bets

Shane Lowry - 25/1

and then done a Rory + Shane double. Not bet on Rory on his own.
  • edited September 2014
    Well I've just found the best way to lose £1.38 ... I had a dream this morning, just before I woke up. Joost Luiten hit his drive down the middle, and the commentator said "There is no way anyone will beat Luiten this week at the KLM, he is far too consistent. He will be happy with this performance after Arsenal lost 4-1 today" ... Very very random, Joost probably doesn't even know who Arsenal are! I had an odd £1.38 in my account, so I now have Joost at 14/1 and Man City to win 4-1 vs Arsenal in a double. Hahahahahah. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Tour Championship + KLM Open):
    Well I've just found the best way to lose £1.38 ... I had a dream this morning, just before I woke up. Joost Luiten hit his drive down the middle, and the commentator said "There is no way anyone will be Luiten this week at the KLM, he is far too consistent. He will be happy with this performance after Arsenal lost 4-1 today" ... Very very random, Joost probably doesn't even know who Arsenal are! I had an odd £1.38 in my account, so I now have Joost at 14/1 and Man City to win 4-1 vs Arsenal in a double. Hahahahahah. 
    Posted by FlashFlush

looool over 2k posts in this thread and this by far is the best one.

glgl
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Tour Championship + KLM Open):
    Well I've just found the best way to lose £1.38 ... I had a dream this morning, just before I woke up. Joost Luiten hit his drive down the middle, and the commentator said "There is no way anyone will be Luiten this week at the KLM, he is far too consistent. He will be happy with this performance after Arsenal lost 4-1 today" ... Very very random, Joost probably doesn't even know who Arsenal are! I had an odd £1.38 in my account, so I now have Joost at 14/1 and Man City to win 4-1 vs Arsenal in a double. Hahahahahah. 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lol Flash, What did you have for your supper last night?

A pound of Cheese?

Make that a pound of Edam washed down with a pint of Boddingtons?
  • edited September 2014
    Ha! I was actually round a friends house and she made me Chicken, rice and veg.. I think she must of drugged me! Already slightly tilted by the bet because as I went to place it he made a birdie so went from 16/1 to 14/1,,, very next hole he made a bogey so went back to 16/1 again grrr
  • edited September 2014
    For the 1st time ever i,ve decided to back Rory. Gotta get over this thing about not liking him as he,s just to good

I did put it on with the Irishman for a free £5 Ryder Cup Bet but would have been better getting the 4/1 on Betfair or some other sites as it works out better but its done now.

Cmon on Rory

Win 
    Single: Mcilroy, Rory @ 7/2 
    1 line at £10.00 per line 
    Total stake for this bet: £10.00 
    Potential returns: £45.00 
    No: O/21898816/0000118

Total stake: £10.00 
    Free bets voucher: £0.00 
    Total Cost: £10.00

• edited September 2014
    Vwd JD.... Nice touch... After the sick bad beat on the 71st hole on Sunday, I was gonna give posting my picks a miss for a while, esp' as my fancies this week are a bit boring.... But hey ho, here I go..... KLM..... Best player in the field, threatening to win, on a course he knows, won last year, need I carry on?? I took the early 14/1 Stan James put up, and as he's out 4th group in the morning, I thought the 25/1 FRL they are offering is amazing value, so I've had as much on that market as him winning it, both ew. That's it in Europe. Tour Champ' I've put Rory in a treble that started with England to best Switzerland last night, and Yorkshire to beat Notts in the cricket, (if it's a draw, it's classed as a non runner and becomes a double). Like Darty said, hard to find value in this shortened field. My only other bet is Mr reliable Furyk, in the without Rory market, 9/1 ew. Can't see him out of the top four, but can't see him beating Rory either.  Gl all
    Posted by joesman1
    Doesn't look so boring now, does it!

Great first round, nothing to do now but wait and see if anyone can catch him, so far so good.

Good Luck!!!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Tour Championship + KLM Open) : Doesn't look so boring now, does it! Great first round, nothing to do now but wait and see if anyone can catch him, so far so good. Good Luck!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    Cheers mate... This is  torchorous though.... They keep getting to 4 under and falling back. Sullivan on the 18th now, back to 4...  A journey man Mcleary 4 under 3 to play.... Then a few lurkers on 2 under with 6/7 to play, with the possibility of coming back in excellent conditions in the morning. I should get a dead heat out of it, can't see anyone getting to 6 under. But might be 2/3 way. At least long term well placed in the tournie.

Looks like The Yorkie Boys gonna do Notts, so come on Rory for a nice little 20/1 treble. Also doubled him with Luiten...

• edited September 2014
    Still had my £5 Free bet from the promo

Did it last night in play.
    £5.00
    1. Tour Championship|Jason Day| @ 10/1
  • edited September 2014
    So this week I've realised, the cliche of always follow your dreams is not entirely accurate!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Deutsche Bank + Italian Open):
    I'm in 1st this week so u all know what to avoid. I always like to back Dredge here, as going back over the years he used to love it here. He always brings his family and embraces the resort. But feel he's now underpriced due to a couple of recent good results. I'm focusing on two players who went very close last week, and one who has the game to thrive on these massive par 5's in the high altitude Swiss Mountains. Fisher 45/1, Howell 70/1 and Quiros 80/1 are the men for me.

I'm still shaking my head at Horschel's totally bottled approach to the 18th tonight. I took the 15/2 and backed him ew this afternoon. What a complete ****. Have u ever seen such a poor shot?? He even managed to **** up the full ew return. Rant over. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well that was not my cleverest moment. He's made me eat my words. Last week he caused Garcia's melt down. And he's 'done me' again this week. Billy u are sooo not my hero
  • edited September 2014
    im totally lost I thought horschel won Tour championship.
  • edited September 2014
    im totally lost I thought horschel won Tour championship.
    Posted by vaigret
    He did Terry. But since I backed him 2 weeks ago and he bottled it on the 18th, and I put that post up about him. He's cost me the win last week (in my eyes) with Sergio losing the plot on the 17th trying to catch him. And the chance of two winners in one event this week, Rory to win, and Furyk in the without Rory market. 

• edited September 2014
    Right then only one tournament this week so plenty of time to study and post picks.

In the meantime, I've a little teaser

I recently came across some notes I made on a player from 2010.

This person does post on here, who do you reckon my player notes are for, bearing in mind this thread didn't exist in 2010, so said player was a complete stranger to me back then....

good player, bullied me in £15k final with 45 bluff, showed it on tv, nice bloke