You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Open Championship):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Open Championship) : I think you picked the brother of the wrong Rory!
    Posted by splashies
    +5 through 4 holes with an 8 on the par 5.. I think it's Rory Bremner who's playing!! 
  • edited July 2014
    Russian

scott jamison 16/1 £2.50 e/w

Canadian

mcdowel 16/1 £2.50 win

furyk 12/1 £2.50 win

Interest bet as I'm getting withdrawal system's as there's no football at the moment.

be lucky
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Open Championship) : +5 through 4 holes with an 8 on the par 5.. I think it's Rory Bremner who's playing!! 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ouch :(
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open) : The worst score last year over 2 rounds was James Ferraby at +32. He is in the field again this year, so Yevgeny has competition!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    + 6 after only 3 holes this morning. I think Yevgeny wants his title back as the worst PRO(what's that about? He's  now a pro??) golfer on the planet.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (The Open Championship) : +5 through 4 holes with an 8 on the par 5.. I think it's Rory Bremner who's playing!! 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    No impersonators today, 7 under for today's round and probably the best round of the day.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open):
    Good to see Flash back in full swing. In Russia Thomas Pieters - 45/1 Carlos Del  Moral - 50/1 Damien Mcgrane - 66/1 In Canada Gone off him, but haven't got the bottle to not back him this week - 30/1 Bo Van Pelt - 50/1 Chad Campbell - 100/1 In Wales Barry Lane 50/1 Doubles and Treble David Horsey - 25/1 Graeme Mcdowell - 16/1 Tom Watson - 18/1 Good luck all!
    Posted by TheDart
    Excellent tipping there Mr Dart. Very unlucky not to get two out of three in the top 5... Esp' unlucky not to sneak the win.. I'm sure Jamieson was put up on here too. Flash has Canada almost wrapped up. The boys from Sky are back on form. 
  • edited July 2014
    From the sublime to the ridiculous this week.... Is Yevgeny playing?? I like my annual 'what's he gonna score in his 1st round' jibe.... As for me, just the one bet pre event. I find any course that Hoey plays well, also suits Horsey. So it's David Horsey ew 28/1 for me. I've succumb to temptation in The Canadian Open. I've gone with DJ win only 14/1 Betvictor. And a man I've hardly heard of, but has fab recent course form, William McGirt ew 1st six 66/1. Gl all
    Posted by joesman1
    Ahem, very good of you to congratulate myself and Flash on some decent picks this week, but I think this trumps them all!

Very well done in deed, one pick in Russia and one winner, you can't beat that!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open) : Excellent tipping there Mr Dart. Very unlucky not to get two out of three in the top 5... Esp' unlucky not to sneak the win.. I'm sure Jamieson was put up on here too. Flash has Canada almost wrapped up. The boys from Sky are back on form. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Yeah well done for Horsey, I was watching the updates, andI had a feeling it was you 2 heads up! wpwp

Oh and yeah WP on jinxing Furyk! lol... He was 1 of my very rare twitter tips as well, could of really bragged on that 1. Sooo many 2nds for Furyk this year. grrr
  • edited July 2014
    Nice bet on Horsey.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open) : Yeah well done for Horsey, I was watching the updates, andI had a feeling it was you 2 heads up! wpwp Oh and yeah WP on jinxing Furyk! lol... He was 1 of my very rare twitter tips as well, could of really bragged on that 1. Sooo many 2nds for Furyk this year. grrr
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes, really, REALLY sorry Charles. Honestly thought it was in the bag the way he played yesterday, and having only Clarke in 2nd, 3 shots behind. Never saw any of it today, so can't comment on the play.

As for Horsey, he had it won starting the back 9, but literally gave it away with one bad tee shot, and 2/3 very poor 2nd shots. But just as he chipped in for eagle on the 17th, Macgrane hit trouble on the 18th. Tbf, I think Horsey was the best player over the 4 days. 

Cheers Splashies 
  • edited July 2014
    Its not an emergency but its's something different from me as I've gone for 999 at the WGC Birgestione Invitational this week:

Singles, Doubles and a Treble

Top USA - Rickie Fowler - 9/1
    Top ROW - Charl Schwartzel - 9/1
    Top European - Sergio Garcia - 9/1
  • edited July 2014
    and a few more normal picks for me, outright, ew

Charl Schwartzel - 50/1
    Victor Dubuisson - 70/1
    Brendon Todd - 80/1
    Gonzalo Fedez-Castano - 150/1

Finally an extremely rare one from me....

a punt on Tiger Woods at 16/1, I'm sticking on my last £10 bonus from the Skybet club.

This is Tiger's territory this week, his first round at the Open was impressive even if he did get blown away over the next 3 days.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv):
    and a few more normal picks for me, outright, ew Charl Schwartzel - 50/1 Victor Dubuisson - 70/1 Brendon Todd - 80/1 Gonzalo Fedez-Castano - 150/1 Finally an extremely rare one from me.... a punt on Tiger Woods at 16/1, I'm sticking on my last £10 bonus from the Skybet club. This is Tiger's territory this week, his first round at the Open was impressive even if he did get blown away over the next 3 days.
    Posted by TheDart
    Was keeping my powder dry til tomorrow. But as u have beat me to it, I'm on the Tiger hunt myself too this week. I took the early 16/1, as I don't think it will last. I've done him win only, as I think he will be hot, or cold. This is his place, if he can string four rounds together anywhere, it will be here. 

I'll add 2/3 more picks tomorrow. 

Edit:-

As well as Tiger win only 16/1, It's Garcia 25/1, Duffner 50/1, and Molinari 100/1. All ew 1st 5.

Gl all
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv) : Was keeping my powder dry til tomorrow. But as u have beat me to it, I'm on the Tiger hunt myself too this week. I took the early 16/1, as I don't think it will last. I've done him win only, as I think he will be hot, or cold. This is his place, if he can string four rounds together anywhere, it will be here.  I'll add 2/3 more picks tomorrow. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Glad to hear we are on the same wavelength with Tiger.

I agree, it's likely to be all or nothing with Tiger this week.

With that in mind and thinking positively I've also taken 20/1 on FRL.

Edit: In for a £ or something like that, a bit of a contradiction to the all or nothing prediction, but I've also taken 12/1 on Tiger without the favorites (Rory and Scott).
  • edited July 2014
    From the sublime to the ridiculous this week.... Is Yevgeny playing?? I like my annual 'what's he gonna score in his 1st round' jibe.... As for me, just the one bet pre event. I find any course that Hoey plays well, also suits Horsey. So it's David Horsey ew 28/1 for me.  I've succumb to temptation in The Canadian Open. I've gone with DJ win only 14/1 Betvictor. And a man I've hardly heard of, but has fab recent course form, William McGirt ew 1st six 66/1. Gl all
    Posted by joesman1
    well done with horsey, nice to see you win on the horsey's somehwere
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Canadian Open + Russian Open) : well done with horsey, nice to see you win on the horsey's somehwere
    Posted by vaigret
    Yes two legs are far more reliable than four... Cheers
  • edited July 2014
    Jimmy Walker 50/1 £2.50 e/w.

My friends son regularly plays golf with Walker and I heard today that he's playing some really good golf at the moment and well worth a punt at 50/1.

Be lucky.
  • edited July 2014
    Jimmy Walker 50/1 £2.50 e/w. My friends son regularly plays golf with Walker and I heard today that he's playing some really good golf at the moment and well worth a punt at 50/1. Be lucky.
    Posted by achill
    I always take what people say on here as the truth.... But I have to question this..... Where/when/how???
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv) : I always take what people say on here as the truth.... But I have to question this..... Where/when/how???
    Posted by joesman1
    You mean you believed Darty when he said he dated G. DeLaet on a holiday romance 2 years ago?
  • edited July 2014
    only usually bet on majors but happen to get RP today with their golf columns

on Fowler and Bradley for Bridgestone and 

Romero and Badderly for Barracuda with cross ew  doubles 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv) : You mean you believed Darty when he said he dated G. DeLaet on a holiday romance 2 years ago?
    Posted by splashies
    Lol.... I think Darty's romantic interlude is more believable. I'm not being harsh/rude, but it is a very strange claim. And tbh, Walkers form has gone right off the past few months. So the factual part of the statement regarding his form is defo wrong, never mind the ' regularly playing with him'. 
  • edited July 2014
    I've only the 1 golfer out early doors today, so I'm having a dabble on Molinari 80/1 ew FRL
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv) : I always take what people say on here as the truth.... But I have to question this..... Where/when/how???
    Posted by joesman1
    Have I ever mentioned Jeff Overton is my cousin?
  • edited July 2014
    He phoned me up the other day and said he was playing well and really up for it this week so here goes...

Barracuda

Jeff Overton 55/1

Bridgestone

Sergio Garcia 25/1
    Martin Kaymer 33/1

50p e.w doubles 
  • edited July 2014

Hi Guys

I've backed Walker and given the reason why I'm doing it.

I'm not suggesting anyone should lump on or he's a sure thing.

I certainly don't have to prove anything or justify myself to anyone on this forum.

I just happen to play golf with someone who's son is a very close friend of Jimmy Walker.

Good luck with your bets.

• edited July 2014
    Yeh absolutely achill. I think people were just having a bit of tongue in cheek fun, except my post which is 100% truth.

Gl with your bet mate.

• edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    Though I did sell Ken Livingstone a pair of Crocodile skin shoes in 1983
  • edited July 2014
    I've only the 1 golfer out early doors today, so I'm having a dabble on Molinari 80/1 ew FRL
    Posted by joesman1
    Expensive bogey on the 17th... Never mind 
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Guys I've backed Walker and given the reason why I'm doing it. I'm not suggesting anyone should lump on or he's a sure thing. I certainly don't have to prove anything or justify myself to anyone on this forum. I just happen to play golf with someone who's son is a very close friend of Jimmy Walker. Good luck with your bets.
    Posted by achill
    Took him at 90,s along with Stenson at 80,s . gonna try and do my bets on day 2 for a while and see how it goes - Still long way to go. Also picked out one of the early leaders in Delaet at 35/1