You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv):
    Though I did sell Ken Livingstone a pair of Crocodile skin shoes in 1983
    Posted by joesman1
    lol - I sold Rick Parfitt (Staus Quo) a pair of reebok trainers in 89
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (Barracuda + WGC Bridgestone Inv) : lol - I sold Rick Parfitt (Staus Quo) a pair of reebok trainers in 89
    Posted by MP33
    If this was a game of trumps.... I couldn't split them..... Anyone raise the bar even higher?? 
  • edited August 2014
    If Sergio misses this 20ft'er on his 18th, I think he should spend an hour or two on the putting green and iron out his 'problems'.... Unbelievable Jeff!!!

Edit:-.... Was never in doubt... Just WOW
  • edited August 2014
    Don't know how much you all follow the golf news, but have you seen Dustin Johnon has been suspended for 6 months due to failing a drugs test because of coke? Apparently it's the 3rd tme he has failed, as he has failed for weed before.
  • edited August 2014
    Don't know how much you all follow the golf news, but have you seen Dustin Johnon has been suspended for 6 months due to failing a drugs test because of coke? Apparently it's the 3rd tme he has failed, as he has failed for weed before.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I've been looking out for any gossip, but missed this news... Though tbh, I'd guessed it was drug related.... Bet is prospective father in law wil be doing his damnedest to get the wedding called off. 
  • edited August 2014
    I heard about it the other day but all was said at the time was that he was taking some time off for personal reasons. I thought it a bit strange with all the money he makes and didn,t seem in bad form.

Spotted this offer from Coral for this week

Simply place a pre-tournament £/€10+ Win Single bet on the US PGA Championship Outright market and we’ll give you a free £/€10 bet to use in-play.* 
  • edited August 2014
    I've just gone with the one bet this week. Bit of an outsider ..

Thomas Bjorn - 125/1 - Had a great season so far, 15th last week with a similar field and is one of few players that was around in 2000 when the tournament was last held here, he finished 3rd that year. Obviously the Ryder cup was here in 2008 and he wasn't a part of the European team then but I think there is enough here to think 125/1 is a little too generous. 
  • edited August 2014
    I'm on holiday in the States at the moment so met up with my mate Graham Delaet for a couple of brewskis (that's what Graham calls beer), he's been suffering with a real bad bout of flu, but he knows I like a bet on the golf and made time to give me the inside information on who's playing well and who could be in for a big week, here's what I learnt:

Rory is the man to beat and may not be beaten this week, guys like Fower, Scott, Rose, Sergio and mickle son should have a good week. Further down the field these players have grabbed Graham's attention on the course and on the range:

Charl Schwartzel -40/1, playing very well and is really pleased with the way he's striking the ball at the moment, he's been suffering with the odd gremlin on the putting greens, but he's been working hard on sorting this out, if his putter and mind stay as one this week, he could add his second major.

Graeme McDowell - 40/1, besides his obvious talent, GMac has a mental game that is envied by most players on tour. Most players knew last week that GMac wasn't looking forward to playing Firestone as it's a course he's not comfortable on, so the fact that he finished in a tie for 8th allied with the consistent top quality results he has been stringing together over the last month or so, would suggest Rory won't be the only Irishman that fancies his chances this week.

Hunter Mahan - 80/1, at the beginning of the season Graham reckoned Hunter was looking ready to breakthrough and win his first major, for one reason or another Hunter has had a relatively quiet season, however it was noticeable last week that Hunter was starting to look in good shape, he matched Rory at the top of the GIR stats for the week and started to make plenty of putts. Conditions should suit this week and Hunter could be running into form at just the right time.

Patrick Reed - 80/1, apparently behind some of the arrogant statements he comes out with, Patrick Reed is a top guy and really could be as good as he sometimes says he is. He has found whatever it was that went missing from his game over the last few month, so with his game back in tact and confidence back to the max, Patrick Reed should be a serious contender this week.

JB Holmes - 100/1, local player who will have plenty of support. He played in the Ryder Cup here and was undefeated.
    He's another who looks to be coming into form, he's known for his length off the tee, but last week he was also one of the best on the greens. Ticks a lot of the right boxes this week.

Those picks obviously have a PGA Tour biased to them as that's Graham's tour, as for his own chances, we'll he' still not completely free of the flu, but he joked that the hot humid conditions in Kentucky should sweat the last of it out of him befor Thursday.

That's what I've learnt over here in the States, I don't need to prove myself to anyone on here, but if anyone doubts me, Splashiest will vouch for me.

Good luck All

• edited August 2014
    I would like to point out that the above was written using an IPad (courteously of Skypoker and my dedication to the site), there are a number of mistakes in the text and the current skypoker software doesn't appear to be up to the task of letting me edit the text!

Right I'm off to take a precautionary Lemsip.
  • edited August 2014
    Ha ha Darty, brilliant!! Shame he didn't mention Bjorn, but then again being on the other side of the pond most the time he might not even know who Thomas is!
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014

This week I have: -

Sergio 18/1 £2.50 EW
    Hes gotta win one playing so well at the minute

Also Hunter Mahan 80/1 only 50p EW

I am a Rory man as I have backed hims loads in the past. But at 9/2 no value in a field that size.

Might do him if he has a bad first day.

PS Does anyone bet on a hole in one. 5/6 for one

If anyone interested read a book called the hole in one gang

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP):
    I would like to point out that the above was written using an IPad (courteously of Skypoker and my dedication to the site), there are a number of mistakes in the text and the current skypoker software doesn't appear to be up to the task of letting me edit the text! Right I'm off to take a precautionary Lemsip.
    Posted by TheDart
    Couldn't respond to your original message as it was that full of bull manure, there wasn't enough room to....

Anyways, thought I'd double check with my American cousin, Steve Striker, and he face timed DeLeat.... He's never heard of the poorer half of a 80's/90 pop group act.... Rumour is that u aren't on holiday in the USA, but infact uve just turned up in Emmerdale with the same geeky permed top.... 

• edited August 2014
    Ha ha Darty, brilliant!! Shame he didn't mention Bjorn, but then again being on the other side of the pond most the time he might not even know who Thomas is!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Tut tut Charles.... Disappointed I'm not in your fantasy team.... Just the extra spur I required ... Lol 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP) : Couldn't respond to your original message as it was that full of bull manure, there wasn't enough room to.... Anyways, thought I'd double check with my American cousin, Steve Striker, and he face timed DeLeat.... He's never heard of the poorer half of a 80's/90 pop group act.... Rumour is that u aren't on holiday in the USA, but infact uve just turned up in Emmerdale with the same geeky permed top.... 
    Posted by joesman1
    That's a bit harsh, though probably justified on one or two fronts :)

We'll see where the manure is lying, come Sunday.

• edited August 2014
    Posted by FlashFlush
    For the reasons you've highlighted and also just read an interview where he says the course really suits his eye (always like it when a golfer says that), Thomas Bjorn looks a good shout, especially at 125/1.

Though I might go for the 80/1 without Rory, Scott, Rose and Sergio.

• edited August 2014
    Following the Bjorn tip, £1.68 ew @ 125/1!

£5 freebet @ 45/1

Garcia to beat Rose 

GMac to beat Schwartzel

Fowler to beat Bradley

Bjorn to beat F Molinari & Karlsson

England to beat India (should've checked the forecast first :(  )

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP) : Tut tut Charles.... Disappointed I'm not in your fantasy team.... Just the extra spur I required ... Lol 
    Posted by joesman1
    Ah, sorry about that. I should of really after your recent triumphs around the world! Make me regret it! :)
  • edited August 2014
    I'm back from exile. Concentrating on poker, life and work has meant golf has been on the back burner for a few weeks but had to dabble for a major. 

Very little research and a dominant mcilroy makes it a tricky market. Ive went with:

Without favourites

Furyk 25/1
    Schwartzel 25/1

Frl

Furyk 40/1
    Leishman 50/1
    Oosthuizen 80/1

Just seen flash is on my man bjorn so i cant be out bjorned so added him in both the without favourite (80/1) and frl (100/1).

Gl all
  • edited August 2014
    I've also added Mr Bjorn as FRL. Come on Thomas, half of this forum is on you!
  • edited August 2014
    I can't believe my mate would have given me a bum tip so

Walker 55/1 £2.50 e/w

Be lucky
  • edited August 2014
    Just gone for the £10 pre -bet for a £10 in play bet 

Went for the outright on J rose  £10 at 16/1

Also stuck with Jimmy walker and can,t remember the last time i saw Lee westwood at this price esp when he finished on such a good round last week : (& under i think it was) . Copied the Dart with Swartchel but couldn,t get same price as he seems quite popular this week and had to back Phil as i,d love to see him win anyway - GL

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    2014 US PGA Championship
    Jimmy WalkerWinner70£2.50
    £172.50
    Ref: 39833472620M Matched: 20:14 06-Aug-14
    Phil MickelsonWinner36£2.50
    £87.50
    Ref: 39833472623M Matched: 20:14 06-Aug-14
    Charl SchwartzelWinner38£2.50
    £92.50
    Ref: 39833472625M Matched: 20:14 06-Aug-14
    Lee WestwoodWinner100£2.50
    £247.50
    Ref: 39833472629M Matched: 20:14 06-Aug-14
  • edited August 2014
    Hit the bar last week from one yard out.... But never mind, I obv had a good wedge on Rory at 5/2 pre final round when it was between the two of them. That's four winning weeks on the trot, from The Scottish, The Open, Russian, and Bridgestone... The runs gonna end sometime.....

This week I'm on Mickelson 33/1 Kuchar 35/1 and Snedeker 66/1 and 60/1 all ew with Rory... And 25/1 28/1 and 45/1 win only without Rory.... 

Gl everyone

Edit:- added Snedeker and Mickelson FRL ew to my bets
  • edited August 2014
    I've also added Mr Bjorn as FRL. Come on Thomas, half of this forum is on you!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    He's ticking along nicely as well...... in the WRONG direction lol
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks to Mr Dart, just found out Kucher not starting, so used my returned stake on him to back Stenson before he tees off.
  • edited August 2014
    Hit the bar last week from one yard out.... But never mind, I obv had a good wedge on Rory at 5/2 pre final round when it was between the two of them. That's four winning weeks on the trot, from The Scottish, The Open, Russian, and Bridgestone... The runs gonna end sometime..... This week I'm on Mickelson 33/1 Kuchar 35/1 and Snedeker 66/1 and 60/1 all ew with Rory... And 25/1 28/1 and 45/1 win only without Rory....  Gl everyone Edit:- added Snedeker and Mickelson FRL ew to my bets
    Posted by joesman1
    Bit gutted i didn,t get on that esp when Rory was getting a 40 yard start on every hole with his driving.

Just had my free £10 bet on another player who,s been in form since going to Butch Harman and will surely one day win a major

Rickie Fowler18/1US PGA Championship 2014 -07/08/2014
    Each Way
    Stake £0.00 (Free Bet £10.00)
    Estimated Return:£112.50
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2014 Season! (USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP) : Bit gutted i didn,t get on that esp when Rory was getting a 40 yard start on every hole with his driving. Just had my free £10 bet on another player who,s been in form since going to Butch Harman and will surely one day win a major Rickie Fowler 18/1 US PGA Championship 2014 - 07/08/2014 Each Way Stake  £ 0.00  (Free Bet £10.00) Estimated Return: £ 112.50
    Posted by MP33
    Couldn't put u off  Rickie the way he's playing.. Gl 
  • edited August 2014
    Nice finish in the main last night Neil vwp

Not been a bad month for you from what ive seen lol
  • edited August 2014
    Shame there's a filter on here, stops me saying exactly what I think of Thomas right now!
  • edited August 2014
    Nice finish in the main last night Neil vwp Not been a bad month for you from what ive seen lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Thanks JD, yeah after a bad run, the past two months on the golf and poker front have been very kind... Though I let a big heads up lead go after starting it 3:1 down... But never mind