You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited February 2015
    2 dead heat winners and a runner up last week means I'm still hunting for my first real win of the season but happy I'm going close. That golf betting system website is brilliant for the stats can't believe I've only discovered it now, has full tournament form and full current form along with other bits and pieces.

Northern trust
    Simpson 40/1
    schwartzel 30/1

Frls- dream team of Holmes and bradley (these two tick absolutely every frl box for me). Market not up yet but they should be around 40 and 50/1.

Indian

Meh not sure if I'm gonna back any in this. Frl has a couple I might put a little on that look good value but not even sure the frl market is going to happen because it's normally up by now.

• edited February 2015
    Just had a look on the golf punters guide website, to see who Sam whatsisname has gone for this week and see that he's raised the white flag!

I would say he was and still is one of the most knowledgeable golfing tipsters out there, but it appears he's been on a terrible run of form, he usually puts up 6 picks a week on the PGA Tour, apparently its gone from bad to worse with 10 of his 12 picks over the last 2 weeks having missed the cut.

It just goes to show how difficult this golf betting lark is.

One of the reasons he gives for his current bad run is the number of favorites that are performing to their potential and getting the job done, whereas he always tends to overlook the favorites in search of decent each way value, I have to say I can relate to him there.

Interestingly Sam has looked at forthcoming US events and declared he's giving his specialty the PGA Tour a break, deciding there is better value and chances of success to be found on the European Tour starting with this weeks Indian Open.

I have to say, when looking at the US Masters market, whereas the event itself has the potential to be the most competitive in years, from a betting stand point there doesn't appear to be too much value around and the way are they performing right now, it's difficult to imagine a top 5 come the conclusion, that doesn't include Rory, Bubba, Jordan and Jason.

Good Luck All, we need it!
  • edited February 2015
    I've done load of research on the events this week, probably about 6-7 hours in total! So hopefully I'll at least get a few make the cut! In all seriousness I've been looking at the form/history/stats for so long now I can't bring myself to do a write up for each one, so I'll just put the names down. Looks like you all have your own picks sorted anyway.

India

Wade Ormsby 22/1

SSP Chawrasia 33/1

Shiv Kapur 25/1 

Richard T Lee 55/1

I actually also picked out John Parry as an outside punt but didn't include him in any of my doubles. 100/1

PGA

Webb Simpson - 40/1

J.B Holmes - 40/1

Sang-Moon Bae - 66/1

• edited February 2015
    ok so didnt fancy the indian outright market so just 3 frls for me:

Rashid Khan 40/1
    Siddikur Rahman 40/1
    Mthun Perera 100/1
    SSP Chawrasia 40/1

Just small bets for some fun.

Oh and Holmes (35/1) and Bradley (50/1) done for Northern trust frls.

GL all
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic):
    ok so didnt fancy the indian outright market so just 3 frls for me: Rashid Khan 40/1 Siddikur Rahman 40/1 Mthun Perera 100/1 SSP Chawrasia 40/1 Just small bets for some fun. Oh and Holmes (35/1) and Bradley (50/1) done for Northern trust frls. GL all
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Good counting skills ;)
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic):
    Hero Indian Open Right then, a new event to the European Tour, but as it happens there's plenty of course form to be found out there, especially from regular slots on the Asian Tour. Which means there's a lot of past course winners and loads of players with course knowledge and form. A short course said to reward accuracy and shot making as opposed to wellying it off the tee. SSP Chowrasia - 2 points ew 33/1, perhaps an obvious pick, as he won the Avantha Masters here in 2008 and won an Asian Tour event here as recently as November 2014. Plenty of other good results on this course and has being holding his own most weeks on tour in Europe, whilst he remains one of the stronger players on the Asian Tour. Though horses for courses is the real onus this week Arjun Atwal - 2 points ew 50/1, India's first international golfer, he has two wins to his name on this course, he's recently shown a return to form with a win in Dubai on the Asian Tour at the end of last year. Looks to be the value in the field this week. Lee Slattery - 0.5 points ew 80/1, lost his card last year so restricted playing rights this season have limited him to just 3 starts, but he came 3rd in one of those events. Not the longest off the tee, but that shouldn't be a problem here. John Parry - 0.5 points ew 100/1, he went 22 events last year without making a cut, before finding a bit of form at the send of the season with 4 cuts made from 7. Went back to tour school and rediscovered his game finishing 6th. Last weeks 11th suggests that John Parry has a competitive game once again and at his best he has a real good chance in this field. EDIT: ADDED Mithun Perera - 0.5 points ew 150/1, I put him up as a selection on here a couple of months ago after he finished 2nd on the Asian Tour at this very course. I've kept half an eye on him since then, his achilles heel appears to be lack of length, but accuracy wise he appears to have an excellent game, lack of length not a problem here which is backed up be Perera's excellent course form. European Tour Starting Balance =  -49.5 points Hero Indian Open Investment = 11 points Balance Carried Forward =  -60.5 points
    Posted by TheDart

John Parry 125/1 voucher for sale. I'll take any 1/2 decent offer. Something is better than nothing lol... Good luck us Mr Dart

• edited February 2015
    ok so didnt fancy the indian outright market so just 3 frls for me: Rashid Khan 40/1 Siddikur Rahman 40/1 Mthun Perera 100/1 SSP Chawrasia 40/1 Just small bets for some fun. Oh and Holmes (35/1) and Bradley (50/1) done for Northern trust frls. GL all
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Just to prove I read your posts, I make that 4 names you've listed for your 3 frls ;)

Good Luck!

EDIT: I see Flash beat me to it!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic) : John Parry 125/1 voucher for sale. I'll take any 1/2 decent offer. Something is better than nothing lol... Good luck us Mr Dart
    Posted by joesman1
    Ha, but you know I've played the bookies at their own game and upped my bet, so  now I will win more by backing him at 100/1 than I would have done at 125/1, I'm not daft you know :-O

I think Flash is also on Jon Parry, so with the might of the SkyPoker forum behind him, I would hope John Parry has an option with his flight ticket to fly home Friday night!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic) : Just to prove I read your posts, I make that 4 names you've listed for your 3 frls ;) Good Luck! EDIT: I see Flash beat me to it!
    Posted by TheDart

Haha I'm an accountant by trade as well believe it not. I'm off on hols so I'm allowed an off day ;)

• edited February 2015
    I've done load of research on the events this week, probably about 6-7 hours in total! So hopefully I'll at least get a few make the cut! In all seriousness I've been looking at the form/history/stats for so long now I can't bring myself to do a write up for each one, so I'll just put the names down. Looks like you all have your own picks sorted anyway. India Wade Ormsby 22/1 SSP Chawrasia 33/1 Shiv Kapur 25/1  Richard T Lee 55/1 I actually also picked out John Parry as an outside punt but didn't include him in any of my doubles. 100/1 PGA Webb Simpson - 40/1 J.B Holmes - 40/1 Sang-Moon Bae - 66/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    ARGHHH, Just went to double check I had 33/1 on SSP, and found I never actually placed a bet on him. So Pee'd off with myself now as he is tied for the lead!!

Even managed to miss off the double with him and JB Holmes. Only placed it with Bae and Simpson... So tilted right now.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic) : ARGHHH, Just went to double check I had 33/1 on SSP, and found I never actually placed a bet on him. So Pee'd off with myself now as he is tied for the lead!! Even managed to miss off the double with him and JB Holmes. Only placed it with Bae and Simpson... So tilted right now.
    Posted by FlashFlush

No need to panic just yet Charles. Hes carrying Mr Darts money. 

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic) : No need to panic just yet Charles. Hes carrying Mr Darts money. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Look, I didn't back that dog, so lay off!
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (AT&T Pebble + Thailand Classic) : ARGHHH, Just went to double check I had 33/1 on SSP, and found I never actually placed a bet on him. So Pee'd off with myself now as he is tied for the lead!! Even managed to miss off the double with him and JB Holmes. Only placed it with Bae and Simpson... So tilted right now.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I reckon you've got 2 choices:

1) Stick a fiver  double on SSP and JB at 5/1 and 25/1
    2) As the Northerner suggests, relax ,knowing there is a good chance that my money will ensure SSP shoots over par tomorrow
  • edited February 2015
    Well I'm afraid that was a VERY nearly week for us all last week. Very unlucky Charles and Jerome. Jerome may go into detail about how close we both came to a jackpot payout, I'm still coing to terms with it myself. 

In brief, I didn't put it up on here, as I'm aware that I've often fancied the front runners in the US so far this year. But truth be told, the cream has been rising to the top over the pond recently (this week apart sooooo annoyingly). But I backed DJ win only and ew. I also put him in an ew double with Fraser. Come fri night, Fraser was 22/1 and DJ 50/1... Far too big for both in our opinions. So we both went in again. I missed the 50/1 on DJ so had to 40/1. Let's be honest SSP should have won, but once Fraser hit the front, he should have won. And only a silly bogey on the 17th cost DJ the win... It would have been an amazing return... But hey ho...

Briefly in Africa this week, I'd make George 50/1 and not joint fav to defend his title. With the added pressure that comes with it, plus his terrible swinging recently, I think he's a DEFO leave alone. 

It's 3 lions on my betting slip this week. All 3 were in the top ten here last year, and all shown good form this year already. And yes, I'm having a 2nd week guesting in Baldwins fan club.

It's Sullivan 16/1 Hatton 33/1 and Baldwin 100/1 all ew..... USA to follow.....

Edit:- just added Pieters @ 25/1 ew (2 under after 3). I'd forgotten the East Course suits sluggers.
  • edited February 2015
    Yes, very frustrating week last week. I saw Jerome on the tables Thursday evening and said I'd put a bet on Nick Watney win only @28/1 after he eagled the first and his price hadn't changed. Looked a great bet until Saturday evening when he played about as bad as SSP if not worse! I though Bae was going to win it at 66/1 as well. Oh well. I'm taking positives from it, I put more research in last week than every before and was in touching distance of the double. Same again this week, plenty of research, although it appears the bookies had the same idea as me with most of my bets in the top 10 in Joburg.

Joburg

Richard Sterne 22/1

Byeong-Hun An - 25/1

Gregory Bourdy - 25/1

Danie Van Tonder - 40/1

Honda Classic

Ryan Palmer - 33/1

Keegan Bradley - 28/1 (Annoyed I didn't take 33/1 when I had the chance)

Harris English - 40/1

Also had a small dabble on Daniel Berger 125/1 but not added him to my doubles
  • edited February 2015
    my picks this week:

Joburg
    Hatton 33/ 1 
    Aiken 25/1

Frls Market not up yet but the two Van Der Walt's look good value to me.

Honda

Rose 22/1
    Palmer 33/1
    Oosthuizen 66/1 (no form here but got a feeling he might have a good 2015)

Frls
    Westwood 40/1
    Bradley 33/1

Another 2 dead heat winners last week means I''ve had 4 dead heat winners and 3 places in my Frls which tells my I've found my touch when comes to frl picks but need to get my outright bets sorted. No more horschel lol
  • edited February 2015
    As Neil hinted, last week was quite a weekend for near misses.

With my pre tournament bets and in running bets which included the same Fraser / Johnson double as Neil, though I took Dustin Johnson at 50/1 it really felt for a long time as if I was in for some bumper payouts, though Neil's near miss far outclassed mine. 

I also backed Paul Casey at 80/1 in running on the Sunday, so it meant I had Chowrasia 33/1, Johnson 50/1 and Casey 80/1 all losing in playoffs, not to mention Perera 150/1, Fraser 22/1 and Bradley 50/1 all finishing one shot outside a play off.

Shouldn't complain though as all were backed ew and all helped towards a tidy profit on the week.

Joburg Open

Tyrell Hatton - 2 points ew 33/1, I may not get to watch any of the Joburg Open, which will make it much easier to support Tyrell Hatton, as I do find some of his antics on the greens cringe worthy.

A quality player though and came 2nd in this event last year.

Thomas Aitken - 2 points ew 25/1, good record here and could/ should go close again.

Jaco Van Zyl - 1 point ew 40/1, won a bucket load of Sunshine Tour events, came 3rd last week after a lengthy lay off, lead after 3 rounds here last season.

Garth Mullroy - 1 point ew 50/1, another South African who has played well in this event on several occasions.

I fancy Mullroy could be the next South African to make it big, winning this sort of event would be a step in the right direction.

Matthew Baldwin - 1 point ew 100/1, I don't know how he feels, but I feel better for him, that the Asian swing has finished.

Back on more familiar territory where he finished 5th last year and in the type of field that represents a good opportunity for him to get his breakthrough win, I like that the bookies are being generous / lazy in under rating Matthew Baldwin.

European Tour Closing Balance = 
    -60.5 points
    Returns from Hero Indian Open = +
    33 points
    European Tour Opening Balance = -27.5 points
    Joburg Open Investment = 14 points
    Balance Carried Forward = -41.5 points
  • edited February 2015
    Honda Classic

Harris English 2 points ew 40/1,
    I backed him last week and I'm sticking with him this week as I think he's in good form, to go with his course form and game that should suit the wind and rain that is forecast this week.

Freddie Jacobson 1 point ew 100/1, his past record shows that he likes this course or can handle it better than most.
    He plays well in the wind and is probably one of the best putters on tour.

Graham DeLaet 1 point ew 50/1, finish 9th last time he played here, despite 2 double bogeys in his final round.

Playing well again and surely must win sooner rather than later.

Graeme Mcdowell 2 points ew 30/1, given the weather forecast, given the course setup and his past record, I simply can't not back GMAC this week.

Keegan Bradley 2 points ew 30/1, finished one shot out of a play off last week and ticks the course form, game to suit conditions boxes.

PGA Tour Closing Balance = - 51 Points
    Returns from Northern Trust =
    +6.75 points
    PGA Tour Opening Balance = -44.25 points
    Honda Classic = 16 Points 
    Balance Carried Forwards = -60.25 Points
  • edited February 2015
    In the USA this week, I remember I was on Rory last year @ 10/1 ew.. He had it won, til he tried to fire 220 yards over water from a bunker on the 70th hole, and doubled it, then bogied the par 5 71st. Went into a play off and played an amazing wood to the island green to 12 ft and missed. Henley before him had slam dunked a tram liner. ( a bit of a repeat from last week tbh). 

So Rory's won here, then missed the cut (when in the doldrums), then come tied 2nd. It's a long course that requires a straight drive - so it obv suits his game. And with The Power paying top 6 again, I'm happy to back him ew at 7/2, and I lose 5% of my total investment if he comes 2nd-6th. 

If I was looking to back anyone else other than Rory, I'd be looking in the 'without' market if I was u guys, and just forfeit the 4 points. 

Gl all
  • edited February 2015
    My selections

Joburg Open:

Byeong Hun An £5 win 20/1
    Dean Burmester £1 e/w 200/1
    Justin Walters £2 e/w 50/1
    Garth Mulroy £2 e/w 40/1

Honda Classic:
    G De laet £2 e/w 50/1
    Daniel Berger £2 e/w 125/1
    Kegan Bradley £2.5 e/w 33/1
    G Mcdowell £2.50 e/w 33/1

Good luck everyone, I see might big outsider has got off to a flyer come on Deanoooooo
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Honda Classic + Joburg Open):
    my picks this week: Joburg Hatton 33/ 1  Aiken 25/1 Frls Market not up yet but the two Van Der Walt's look good value to me. Honda Rose 22/1 Palmer 33/1 Oosthuizen 66/1 (no form here but got a feeling he might have a good 2015) Frls Westwood 40/1 Bradley 33/1 Another 2 dead heat winners last week means I''ve had 4 dead heat winners and 3 places in my Frls which tells my I've found my touch when comes to frl picks but need to get my outright bets sorted. No more horschel lol
    Posted by jdsallstar

Looks good to me lol
  • edited March 2015
    Well done Neil on having Sullivan last week and also well done to mrdavies and myself who managed to find Daniel Berger from somewhere! Such a shame Harringdon drained that 16 footer on the last to force a playoff!

This week

Africa Open

Jaco Van Zyl - 14/1

Garth Mulroy - 30/1

Jaco Ahlers - 100/1

WGC

Jason Day - 14/1

Jamie Donaldson - 40/1
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Honda Classic + Joburg Open):
    Well done Neil on having Sullivan last week and also well done to mrdavies and myself who managed to find Daniel Berger from somewhere! Such a shame Harringdon drained that 16 footer on the last to force a playoff! This week Africa Open Jaco Van Zyl - 14/1 Garth Mulroy - 30/1 Jaco Ahlers - 100/1 WGC Jason Day - 14/1 Jamie Donaldson - 40/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Charles. V unlucky with Berger. The racing Post somehow tipped him too. For double rubs, I know of someone who was on Harrington at fancy odds in-play.... Guess who?? (Not me btw). 

This week very easy for me.. Van Zyl ew @ 16/1. Might do Sulivan win only 11/1 (will advise). In the USA last years 1st and 4th, Reed ew 25/1, and DJ ew 20/1.

Gl all
  • edited March 2015

Minimal time for research this week, so just a quick declaration of my picks.

I found plenty of tempting prices, so a few ew outsiders pre event, with the back up plan of using the in running market.

Africa Open

Matthew Baldwin - 2 points ew 80/1
    Oliver Fisher 1.5 points ew 40/1
    Kristof Broberg - 1.5 points ew 50/1
    Tom Lewis - 1 point ew 80/1

WGC

Danny Willett - 1 point ew 150/1
    Webb Simpson - 1 point ew 100/1
    Gary Woodland - 1 point ew 100/1
    Alex Noren - 1 point ew 150/1

Asian Doubles and Trebles

Byeong Hun An - 18/1
    Hideki Matsuyama - 33/1
    Ryo Ishikawa - 40/1

Courtesy of a fellow punter:

FRL - Matthew Baldwin - 100/1

• edited March 2015
    Poor start by my boys this week in SA. While browsing the leaderboard I saw my old pal Ricardo Santos had started birdie birdie and was still 80/1 with a few bookies, one of which I have funds with. So couple of quid e/w there to keep the interest.

Cue the double bogey... 

EDIT: Well not far off, I wrote this after 5 holes... 6th hole. BOGEY!

Double EDIT: Can I delete this now and pretend this traumatic ordeal never happened? lol
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Puerto Rico, Africa open + WGC):
    Poor start by my boys this week in SA. While browsing the leaderboard I saw my old pal Ricardo Santos had started birdie birdie and was still 80/1 with a few bookies, one of which I have funds with. So couple of quid e/w there to keep the interest. Cue the double bogey...  EDIT: Well not far off, I wrote this after 5 holes... 6th hole. BOGEY! Double EDIT: Can I delete this now and pretend this traumatic ordeal never happened? lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Keep the faith Charles
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Puerto Rico, Africa open + WGC):
    Poor start by my boys this week in SA. While browsing the leaderboard I saw my old pal Ricardo Santos had started birdie birdie and was still 80/1 with a few bookies, one of which I have funds with. So couple of quid e/w there to keep the interest. Cue the double bogey...  EDIT: Well not far off, I wrote this after 5 holes... 6th hole. BOGEY! Double EDIT: Can I delete this now and pretend this traumatic ordeal never happened? lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol :)

After a week of intense tilt on the tables i decided to give this week a miss....not sure adding golf tilt would be goood idea....my brain hurts :(

GL to the rest of u
  • edited March 2015
    Did this on Coral where they often have a £10 match up bet . ie Youe bet £10 on an outright and get £10 free in play bet

Just deciding my in play bet - Cheers so far for whoever tipped Johnson as i got it off here - just laid him so i.ll only get £130 but am freerolling with 3 picks
  • edited March 2015
    and £3 on Rickie Fowler at 22/1 - Did some 50p dbls as well with the fav of the euro tour and someone else mentioned on here with Stenson, Bubba and Rickie Fowler

Brooks Koepka22/1WGC Cadillac Championship 2015 -05/03/2015
    Stake £0.00 (Free Bet £10.00)
    Estimated Return:£220.00
  • edited March 2015
    Just had an extra fiver on oostenhouizen at 21/1 - That wind looks a bit scary and hes only 1 from home

EDIT - Gonna have to remember this course for nxt year - just couldnt see a short hitter having any chance at all