You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Haven't been about for while (life getting in the way of art unfortunately) but can't miss the masters.

Completely out of touch but....

Outright
    Scott
    kuchar

Frls
    poulter
    furyk
    Haas

Gl all
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Folks,

Regarding picks for the Masters, have a look at this link.

I use this guys stat info for identifying weakness and strength, in my own playing and coaching. he collates stats from every US tour event, you can also buy his yearly synopsis for a few dollars. It also has some info on likely winners at different tour venues.

Over the years he has had great success picking 'horses for courses' see what you think

Neil
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Hendrik

Read that link the funny bit was people he thought was to short to win the masters one of them was Zach Johnston. Hes won round there before lol.

Heres my choices: -

Rory to win outright 13/2
    Ricky Fowler e/w    33/1
    KUUCCHHHH e/w   40/1 (wifes pick)

FRL 
    Fred Couples e/w    80/1

Wanted to do Tiger seen him at 40/1 but now hes 25/1 so didnt bother 

GL all
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (THE MASTERS!):
    Hi Folks, Regarding picks for the Masters, have a look at this link. I use this guys stat info for identifying weakness and strength, in my own playing and coaching. he collates stats from every US tour event, you can also buy his yearly synopsis for a few dollars. It also has some info on likely winners at different tour venues. Over the years he has had great success picking 'horses for courses' see what you think http://www.golfwrx.com/294081/the-21-golfers-who-can-actually-win-the-masters/ Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    No offence Mr HENDRIK62, but I've read such tripe lol... I quote:-

"Unfortunately, I have to eliminate five international players because I do not have enough statistical information on their playing performance in the past four months. Last year, I eliminated five international players that I had insufficient data on as well. Only one of them made a minor run at winning — Thomas Bjorn, who finished T8.

The four players include:

• Thomas Bjorn (300/1)
    • Darren Clarke (1000/1)
    • Stephen Gallacher (300/1)
    • Braden Grace (200/1)
    • Mikko Ilonen (500/1)
    It's his job to gather this information. Grace has won TWICE ffs lol.... Ilonen is the current world matchplay champion.

His next fab quote:-

Moving on with the list, I eliminated players who I think are too short to play well at Augusta National. They include:

• Jim Furyk (70/1)
    • Zach Johnson (60/1)
    Really???

After some more utter tripe he comes out with his best one:-

Of those 22 players, here are my top-10 picks to win the Masters:

• Rory McIlroy (8/1)
    • Jordan Spieth (8/1)
    • Bubba Watson (10/1)
    • Jason Day (12/1)
    • Dustin Johnson (12/1)
    • Adam Scott (20/1)
    • Jimmy Walker (18/1)
    • J.B. Holmes (35/1)
    • Hideki Matsuyama (60/1)
    • Paul Casey (70/1)
    Good luck picking all the above and somehow make a profit.

Seriously, there's a few who post on here who would put that fella to shame.

Obv now I've put this post up, he WILL bag the winner, and SOMEHOW show a profit.

• edited April 2015
    Mmmm,
    I only posted this as I thought it might help, however let me take a few points.

Z johnston won before the course was lengthened changing all the landing areas.

He only uses his stat metrics not performance or wins, hence the Euro and Asia based players are not included.

His elimination or inclusion of players is purely based on his stats not prices or gut feelings.

Just thought some of you savvy gents could look for some of the players outwith the short priced favourites that may fit the criteria required to win at Augusta

Like anything stats based, it is dependant on which metrics are measured, but these have certainly proven very useful over the years.

Anyway, wish you all well, enjoy the Tourney.

Neil
  • edited April 2015
    Mmmm, I only posted this as I thought it might help, however let me take a few points. Z johnston won before the course was lengthened changing all the landing areas. He only uses his stat metrics not performance or wins, hence the Euro and Asia based players are not included. His elimination or inclusion of players is purely based on his stats not prices or gut feelings. Just thought some of you savvy gents could look for some of the players outwith the short priced favourites that may fit the criteria required to win at Augusta Like anything stats based, it is dependant on which metrics are measured, but these have certainly proven very useful over the years. Anyway, wish you all well, enjoy the Tourney. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    My post wasn't aimed at u mate. Just my bored at the time/witty/sarcy side showing through when nothing better to do. But it was funny that he'd narrowed it down to 10-12 picks, and picked all the favs. 

Cheers 

(Also) Neil
  • edited April 2015
    Love the Masters. My favourite Major (& most profitable)

Been betting on this event for 18 years and got the winner 12 times plus a multitude of place winners including 6 of the last 8 winners including Cabrera at 100/1 and other big prices on Singh, Weir, Johnson, Immelman & Schwartzel.

I have gone for Dustin Johnson & Adam Scott (both backed ante post each way) as my main bets this year with a small bet on Cabrera at 125/1, again e/w.

Also like 100/1 (e/w) on Couples to be first round leader. He has a habit of a good first round score although the draw might be a bit against him this year. Think he could be value to win his 3ball against Grace (usually slow first round player) & Jaidee at 15/8.

Fowler isn't on form but always does well in Majors and can be backed at 9/1 for a Top Five finish or 9/2 for a Top Ten finish. Both seem to be value.

Pretty much, the odds are correct and I would probably trade all my bets to see Rory win.

• edited April 2015
    Well so much for my no more bets on the Masters! A very quiet week at work and a winning football accumulator on Tuesday put an end to that.. My full list of bets..

Outright e/w bets:

Jimmy Walker - 22/1 - Under rated and has won 20% of starts this season and also 2nd in a play off.

Tiger Woods - 45/1 (According to a lot of reports this week he will win by about 50 shots)

Victor Dubuisson 80/1 - Neil's fault

Jason Dufner - 150/1 - Single life may spur him on, very much an outside pick.

Top Debutant:

Brooks Koepka - 4/1 - Already won on the PGA tour and I feel has a big advantage over the rest in this market.

Top Nationality accumulator:

1. Top WelshmanJamie Donaldson @ 1/25
    2. Top ScottishStephen Gallacher @ 1/7
    3. Top ScandinavianHenrik Stenson @ 4/9
    4. Top KoreanSang-Moon Bae @ 4/7
    5. Top GermanMartin Kaymer @ 2/5
    6. Top AsianHideki Matsuyama @ 8/11

Doubles with the Grand National (Purely gambling now lol)

Jason Day 12/1
    Rory McIlroy 11/2
    Jordan Speith 10/1
    ------------
    Balthazar King 10/1
    Unioniste  20/1
    The Package 33/1
  • edited April 2015

Still couldn't commit to just one of the leading fancies, instead backed my own strongly fancied rags in the without Rory, Spieth, Bubba and Day market.

Russell Henley - 75/1 ew first 5
    Branden Grace - 80/1 ew first 5

Added

Brandt Snedeker - 55/1 ew first 6
    Gary Woodland - 125/1 ew first 5

and some bloke called Tiger Woods at 45/1 ew first 5

and since I'm sadly unlikely to get to see the last 3 days play, today is my cup final and FRL bets are on:

All ew first 5
    Tiger Woods - 35/1
    Brandt Snedeker - 40/1
    JB Homes - 50/1
    Gary Woodland - 66/1
    Bill Haas - 70/1
    Branden Grace - 125/1
    Russell Henley - 130/1

• edited April 2015
    Ok so was just discussing golf bets with a few ppl in work as someone brought up the 3pm coffees. I was saying I think I should have backed stenson. I take the lid of my coffee and there in the froth is a clear "S" lol 

End result - fiver on stenson. Who needs research  :)

• edited April 2015
    Ok so was just discussing golf bets with a few ppl in work as someone brought up the 3pm coffees. I was saying I think I should have backed stenson. I take the lid of my coffee and there in the froth is a clear "S" lol  End result - fiver on stenson. Who needs research  :)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Hahaha I think that beats my bet I did because of a dream a few months back
  • edited April 2015
    Just to add one more pick and make them all public. After Charley Hoffman's fast start I backed him while Sky still had him at 100/1. Others were down to 50's and 60's. 
  • edited April 2015
    Just to add one more pick and make them all public. After Charley Hoffman' s fast start I backed him while Sky still had him at 100/1 . Others were down to 50's and 60's
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Nice spot. I remember having £2 on darren Clarke on 365 at 150/1 for the Open. As i put the bet on he putted a long put for birdie so i put got another £2 on str8 away before the price changed. Probably by biggest ever priced win. It just shows though if your on the ball esp. in golf you can often get good prices if your quick enough and have money in many different accounts

• edited April 2015
    GolfUS Masters 2015US Masters 2015 OutrightEnd of Round 1 Leader09/04/2015 13:30Charley Hoffman @ 125/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)
    End of Round 1 Leader09/04/2015 13:30Charley Hoffman @ 125/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)

Also added 75p ew  on FRL the other night and winner markets at 250/1. Even a place is good as i see J. Rose is playing a good 1st round .
  • edited April 2015
    Here are my bets for the masters:
    Dustin Johnson 14/1
    Ryan Palmer 20/1
    Gary Woodland 125/1
  • edited April 2015
    With Jordan Speith now best priced at 2/1 it gives more value for the rest of the field . His driving still looks a bit suspect although he seems to be getting away with it at the moment

John Senden250£2.00
    £498.00

Russell Henley50£2.30
    £112.70
  • edited April 2015
    Well i would have taken that 1st round leader result before the start!
     2x 125/1 places with C.Hoffman and E.Els .I don't know where Ernie pulled that round from on current form but obviously the majors must make a difference.
  • edited April 2015
    Well i would have taken that 1st round leader result before the start!  2x 125/1 places with C.Hoffman and E.Els .I don't know where Ernie pulled that round from on current form but obviously the majors must make a difference.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    And I'm thinking wtf!!! All my eggs in the 72 hole market. Well done
  • edited April 2015
    I,ve already put to many bets on but for next year i.ll just stick to players who have the most experience rounf this course.
    It was interseting watching Jack Nicklaus commentating yesterday. He called just about every put - which way it broke - and explained how the brks were so misleading. Experience is huge round Augusta and is showing with the likes of Els and Cuoples in recent years and probaly the best putter on the PGA tour atm with Jordan Speith 

Just hope the weather gets a bit harder for the later starters tommrow as by the way its goin it could be all over before Sunday with Speith now at -9

EDIt - With Speith at -11 he should get the worse conditions tommorow so laid him off for £30 as he,s now odds on

Jordan Spieth1.92£30.00
    £27.60
  • edited April 2015
    Getting a decent e/w run with Cabrera at 125/1.
  • edited April 2015
    Well done all who made any kind of return, especially Neil as I'm sure you had a few shiny pennies built up on Jordan! :)

Thanks to The Package being a NR in the national, my doubled with him actually paid out as singles, so I did get a few quid back on Jordan and Rory (Only enough to cover that initial bet though).
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks Charles. Yep was the best ever return for me, but tbf, I'd being banging the drums about his play/form since November last year. I must admit, I was a bit worried when he returned from his winter break, but he then explained he'd not touched a club in 6 weeks, resulting in his slow start, seems a master stroke now. 

The Lucky 15 now has a fab start, and in the days leading up to the U S Open my adrenalin is sure to kick in. Though I'm very aware I've had a stupidly good start to the year on the PGA front. I think its now 5 wins, a Stenson meltdown, a DJ play off loss, and a Henley 66/1 and Bradley (part place) 40/1 place in the last 8 weeks. So the chances of the run good continuing through to June and beyond are next to minimal. But hey ho, we can all dream. 
  • edited April 2015
    Well done Neil on the Masters result. Triple dip sandwiches must be the way forward. Also great to have the 1st one up in a season long Lucky 15.Good Luck with Victor,DJ and Walker.
  • edited April 2015
    Hopefully I can turn this golfing lull around and get a winner this week. Dropped in the FR2D from 25th to outside the top 1000 now! So the dream is quickly vanishing.

China

Bubba Watson - 6/1 - Not exactly an out-there pick, but from what i can see the fairways are wide and generous with quite short rough, so bombers can take advantage of that. There is plenty of water on the back 9, but doesn't sound like it's overly intimidating. Bubba, considering his length actually hit's it fairly accurately which surprises a lot of people.

Morten Orum Madsen - 33/1 - Had some decent top 20 results this season, and was T19 here lats year in between plenty of missed CUTS, so he must feel comfortable here.

Chris Wood - 66/1 - Lots of hype around Chris in his last event saying he was back from injury and looking like his old self again. I think 66/1 is very long if this is true.

Alvaro Quiros - 66/1 - Best finish this season is 20th (twice). But if I'm right about this being a bombers course, he can deffo do well. He finished 3rd here last year.

RBC Heritage

Zach Johnson - 16/1 - Only had 1 good result here but this should set up perfectly for him. Looked good at the Masters, so every chance here.

Russell Henley - 40/1 - Having a good year. MC lat year, but 6th the year before that. 

Brandt Snedeker - 28/1 - 4 top 10's in 12 starts, one of which was a win at Pebble Beach. Should be a course that sets up for him. Won back in 2011

50p e/w doubles on all but £5 win only double on Bubba and Zach!!
  • edited April 2015
    Hopefully I can turn this golfing lull around and get a winner this week. Dropped in the FR2D from 25th to outside the top 1000 now! So the dream is quickly vanishing. China Bubba Watson - 6/1 - Not exactly an out-there pick, but from what i can see the fairways are wide and generous with quite short rough, so bombers can take advantage of that. There is plenty of water on the back 9, but doesn't sound like it's overly intimidating. Bubba, considering his length actually hit's it fairly accurately which surprises a lot of people. Morten Orum Madsen - 33/1 - Had some decent top 20 results this season, and was T19 here lats year in between plenty of missed CUTS, so he must feel comfortable here. Chris Wood - 66/1 - Lots of hype around Chris in his last event saying he was back from injury and looking like his old self again. I think 66/1 is very long if this is true. Alvaro Quiros - 66/1 - Best finish this season is 20th (twice). But if I'm right about this being a bombers course, he can deffo do well. He finished 3rd here last year. RBC Heritage Zach Johnson - 16/1 - Only had 1 good result here but this should set up perfectly for him. Looked good at the Masters, so every chance here. Russell Henley - 40/1 - Having a good year. MC lat year, but 6th the year before that.  Brandt Snedeker - 28/1 - 4 top 10's in 12 starts, one of which was a win at Pebble Beach. Should be a course that sets up for him. Won back in 2011 50p e/w doubles on all but £5 win only double on Bubba and Zach!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hey flash, don't know if you have realized that the Shenzen International event is being played on the same course as last years Volvo China Open, where last year you wrote...

Volvo China -  Looks like a mixed course but with quite a few long par 4's, so considering there is no course history I've gone with the bombers with a big hitting outsider...

Nicholas Colsaerts - 20/1

Alvaro Quiros - 50/1

Alexander Levy - 125/1

that ended up with a 125/1 winner and a 50/1 third for you, so I'd say you are right to go with the bombers theory ;)

• edited April 2015
    Shenzen International

Tried to keep it simple this week and gone with first impressions as opposed to 30 player short list that gets whittled down after a few hours research analysis:

Thomas Pieters - 66/1, On recognizing last years Volvo China Open was held on this course, I remembered Flash's theory of this being a bombers course and how he came up with a 125/1 winner in Alexander Levy.

Based on that I could have backed Levy this time round or big hitting Bubba, I dithered over Quiros and Colsaerts but instead have gone for big hitting Thomas Pieters, who has looked close to a first win for a few months now and should definitely be suited to this course.

Tommy Fleetwood - 28/1, second to Levy at this course last year and came up on my radar as looking to be approaching top form again.

Emiliano Grillo - 28/1, played extremely well tee to green last year (first for driving distance, 2nd for GIR), but putted very poorly (56th of 57 players whose putting stats were recorded over the weekend).

His putting stats are massively improved this year and of course he lost in a playoff on the PGA Tour last month.

Grillo gets my full support as my main bet this week.
  • edited April 2015
    RBC Heritage

Taken the advice of a certain winning punter here and again gone with my first impressions and not over analyzed it:

Russell Henley - 40/1, gave me a nice return at 125/1 2 weeks ago, had his best Masters last week, 6th here 2 years ago.

I see Flash is also on and I believe that certain winning punter is also on Henley this week, so what could go wrong!

Kevin Streelman - 66/1, noted he had a very good Masters and has at least one decent top 10 on this course. Current form and course form boxes satisfactorily ticked.

Johnson Wagner - 150/1, loved his attitude 2 weeks ago when just losing out to JB Holmes in a play off. No idea if he has any course form, but if he can carry forward some of the momentum from two weeks ago, he's proved he won't buckle under pressure if he gets near the leaderboard.
  • edited April 2015
    Had a spot of bother getting my bets on this week... #smartarsebookiebasher. Anyways eventually got there as far as PGA is concerned. Main fancy this week is Bill Haas ew @ 30/1, followed by Zach Johnson ew @ 20/1 and 18/1, and finally Russell Henley ew @ 40/1 and 35/1. Hoping it's a bridge too far for Spieth, and he suffers a burn out. If he doesn't, he could/prob win again. 

European picks to follow:-

Main fancy Fattybarnrat ew @ 40/1, followed by Grillo ew @ 28/1, and finally Pieters ew @ 66/1 - bombers are us!!!
  • edited April 2015
    Well done Neil on the Masters result. Triple dip sandwiches must be the way forward. Also great to have the 1st one up in a season long Lucky 15.Good Luck with Victor,DJ and Walker.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Thank you Any2
  • edited April 2015
    So Mssrs Zachary, Henley, Grillo, and Pieters have the weight of the community on their shoulders. I see many disappointend punters come Sunday night, and shares in the bookmaking industry on the rise.